• 87 results
#1 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

Random encounter

in character

all feats allowed including new 52(added this so that this thread doesnt get locked for being done before)

win by killing your opponent

#2 Edited by WillPayton (9829 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam

#3 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam ftw. I'll prepare a posting with my opinions as it uses some of the same info as a posting for another thread.

#4 Posted by MonsterStomp (20644 posts) - - Show Bio

BA was amped in WW3 right? Just want to know before ticking that off as a feat.

#5 Posted by oceanmaster21 (8787 posts) - - Show Bio

black adam wins but after tough fight

#6 Edited by Omega_Buggz (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Adam wins this as he never plays around always looking for the kil! So yeah Teth in a good fight that he wins 8/10.

And yes Teth-Adam was amped by Isis' power in WWIII

#7 Posted by dondave (38906 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: He wasn't amped during WW3, he was just really angry because the Horsemen of Death had killed his wife

#8 Edited by Omega_Buggz (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave:

Wrong friend I have to respectfully correct you. When Isis died and told Teth to make sure he avenged her and Osiris, he absorbed her power giving him another god's power to add to his power set. That was after Osiris was eaten by Sobek and he got that portion of his power back.

So, sorry; but yes Adam was definitely amped for WWIII. No question about it

#9 Posted by Perpetr8rMike (590 posts) - - Show Bio

This is tough, Gladiator is untouchable when confident, and Black Adam is a beast on a good day.

Gladiator can fly through stars, produces heat vision that is on par with Supermans and does not drain his energy stores.

Black Adam deals with Magic

Gladiator has stalemated Thor and lifted a starship and flew it off when even Thor could not. Gladiator has been 100 times the speed of light for decades.

I might have to give this to Gladiator due to that, the speed alone.

#10 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Close, but I lean towards Black Adam.

#11 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

@perpetr8rmike: You might want to check some of your facts. Such as flying off the spaceship when Thor couldn't and flying at 100x speed of light for decades. I would also challenge that his heat vision reaches the same temp as Supermans and that he is untouchable when confident (this final feat seems to have only been shown on 1 occasion and never repeated).

#12 Edited by Perpetr8rMike (590 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_creator: Reed Richards clocked him in at 100x light speed in the 80s. He did lift and fly off with a Space ship Thor couldn't. He also has heat vision Hotter then a Star again according to Reed Richards. And what that quote means is, he is in top form when Confident and when sure of his cause. He is modeled off Silver Age Superman after all and never got nerfed like Superman did. Yes they job him a lot but Kallark is a power house.

#13 Edited by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave:

Wrong friend I have to respectfully correct you. When Isis died and told Teth to make sure he avenged her and Osiris, he absorbed her power giving him another god's power to add to his power set. That was after Osiris was eaten by Sobek and he got that portion of his power back.

So, sorry; but yes Adam was definitely amped for WWIII. No question about it

Thats not true, Isis power was contained in an amulet, an amulet she wore. When she died her power went back into the amulet not into Black Adam (why would one think it would go into Black Adam)

Its made more clear in the next series that occurs immediately after World Wars 3, called Black Adam: The Dark Age, where Black Adam could not longer transform because Billy changed his password (LOL) he uses the same amulet given to his wife to transform, but this time the transformation is not triggered by Shazam but rather by yelling Isis.

#14 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

H-bomb core was hotter than sun core

#15 Posted by Perpetr8rMike (590 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: It was declared as Hotter then Stars, not the Sun, the sun is a yellow star. Stars in general could be anything from White Stars, Blue Stars, etc. My point is Superman's is declared as hotter then the sun.

#16 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@perpetr8rmike: lol,google wiki

our sun core: 15000000

h-bomb core:35000000

#17 Posted by Perpetr8rMike (590 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Yes
Our sun is roughly 15 Mil Kelvin or 27 Million degree Fahrenheit (Please note that the Core is not the hottest part of the sun, in fact areas near the surface are hotter then this. Of course this 15 mill Kelvin is just a rough guess using what we know of the known temps.)

A hydrogen bomb is a thermonuclear weapon so lets go off that wiki shall we?
Little boy (The bomb that took out Hiroshima) was only gauged at 300,000 kelvin at its center and 6000 kelvin on the ground below.

Now my looking about has spouted up numbers from 120 million kelvins to 10 million kelvins for nuclear fusion to take place. This all depends on whats in the bomb itself.

#18 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@perpetr8rmike: yep

The center of a nuclear explosion depends on the yield of the weapon. and whether the weapon is an atom bomb which relies on nuclear fission to detonate or a hydrogen bomb which uses both fusion and fission. but like i said those are all factors that play a role in the temperature at the center of a nuke but the temperature is always between 50 and 150 million degrees Fahrenheit. anything even around the point of which the bomb was detonated, would literally be instantly vaporized to nothing, its also odd because you either vaporize to nothing or in some cases get petrified. that's why sometimes the temperature of a nuclear weapon is referred to as the black body temperature, because there were cases in which peoples bodies were turned black like charcoal and hard as a rock. so to answer your question the temperature of the center of a nuclear bomb can reach temperatures hotter than the core of our sun. the sun reaches nuclear fusion through gravity and so burns at 15 million degrees Fahrenheit, on the other hand a thermonuclear bomb, once detonated can only have a significant reaction rate only if it has a far higher temperature (as much as ten times higher than the sun) because it has to occur where the air pressure is very low. i hope this helps :)

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_hot_is_a_nuclear_explosion

#19 Edited by Perpetr8rMike (590 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Saw that one, they recently edited that page to make sure people knew that its 15 million Kelvin not Fahrenheit.

#20 Posted by cfrehse (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

gladiator wins.

#21 Posted by WillPayton (9829 posts) - - Show Bio

anything even around the point of which the bomb was detonated, would literally be instantly vaporized to nothing, its also odd because you either vaporize to nothing or in some cases get petrified. that's why sometimes the temperature of a nuclear weapon is referred to as the black body temperature, because there were cases in which peoples bodies were turned black like charcoal and hard as a rock.

LOL... are you joking, or being serious? Because... if you're serious, you really have no idea what you're talking about, do you? But, I did get a good laugh out of it.

#22 Posted by Omega_Buggz (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: Posted by Omega_Buggz (11 posts) 13 hours, 53 minutes ago

Hey man I am not professing to know it all, and if I'm wrong that's cool. But (and I haven't read it in a while) in I believe issue #44 of fifty two Isis dies; and when she does Adam is struck by a lightning bolt that does not revert him back to Teth. Now I, and all the people I speak to about it always believed it to be Isis' power going through him; as a means to help with her vengeance. The amulet was not shown in this issue at all iirc. I will look it up to confirm but I'm pretty sure.

Anyway maybe my assumption that the lightning was Isis' power going to Adam is wrong, but if it wasn't and it was his, wouldn't he revert?

Again I could be wrong, but do you have a better reason for the lightning and the obvious power boost? I mean in WWIII he was without doubt outclassing every hero you could think of! It took damn near the whole DCU to take him down! He HAD to be amped IMO. But again I could be wrong

ACES

#23 Posted by HellionVulcan (3922 posts) - - Show Bio

What is Black Adams combat speed ? as i don't really know who would win since that ww3 event in dc was kinda pis since they held back with Adam .

#24 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@hellionvulcan: well theres a scan of Captain marvel flying faster than superman. superman asked him to catch flash cause flash couldnt stop, and he actually caught up with him. now considering BA fights both cm and supes. id say his speed is somewhere between those 2.

#25 Posted by God_Spawn (38398 posts) - - Show Bio

Adam.

Moderator Online
#26 Posted by TifaLockhart (14167 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I missing something about what is so great about Adam?

#27 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by TifaLockhart (14167 posts) - - Show Bio

He's Captain Marvel who kills, no?

#29 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

thats kinda like saying, am i missing something special about a bloodlusted thor? i mean he's just a regular thor that kills, no?

#30 Edited by TifaLockhart (14167 posts) - - Show Bio

I still don't see what's so special about being a killer or not.

#31 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

its not about being a killer. any chump can be a killer. its about the caliber of killer.

#32 Posted by TifaLockhart (14167 posts) - - Show Bio

WW3 aside, what's so great about him?

#33 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

lol. the things that get posted on this forum

#34 Posted by Pro_Nelson (1513 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there any type of handicaps like certain abilities not functional for both characters ?

#35 Edited by GhostRavage (9489 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this is a good threat, it shows you can do good threads instead pretty sh*tty threads like 100 bloodlusted Supermans against Marvel Universe. (Imo, that was reaching and reaching at its best and totally showed you were trying to make the clones win, failing hardly). Try to avoid those threads, they can make you look stupid and misinformed.

However, Gladiator's powers can be measured by the confidence he has at the moment. If Gladiator is VERY confident about himself. He can beat Black Adam.

Btw. I don't know why Gladiator's HV its been compared to Supermans HV. Gladiator's HV it is said to be as hot as the core of stars and Superman's to be hotter than OUR Sun. I hope you know there are HOTTER stars than ours... With this said, I can assume Gladiator's HV can be a LOT hotter than Superman's... It all depends on how confident Gladiator is.

#36 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there any type of handicaps like certain abilities not functional for both characters ?

NO.

I think this is a good threat, it shows you can do good threads instead pretty sh*tty threads like 100 bloodlusted Supermans against Marvel Universe. (Imo, that was reaching and reaching at its best and totally showed you were trying to make the clones win, failing hardly). Try to avoid those threads, they can make you look stupid and misinformed.

However, Gladiator's powers can be measured by the confidence he has at the moment. If Gladiator is VERY confident about himself. He can beat Black Adam.

Btw. I don't know why Gladiator's HV its been compared to Supermans HV. Gladiator's HV it is said to be as hot as the core of stars and Superman's to be hotter than OUR Sun. I hope you know there are HOTTER stars than ours... With this said, I can assume Gladiator's HV can be a LOT hotter than Superman's... It all depends on how confident Gladiator is.

i already mentioned 6 times that i did the DC version of what guy had done which was 100 World war hulks vs dc earth. figured if he can do it, why cant the dc version be done.

#37 Edited by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam never defeated the JSA in WWIII.

#38 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladiator.

Faster in both: flight and reflex, better striking feats, durability, energy projection. He also won with his equal thanks to fighting skills.

I don't see a reason why BA should be able to win it.

@perpetr8rmike:

Acctually he doesn't have as many low showings as people try to make.

IDK what kind of powers Cannonball have right now, but when he faced Kallark, he was able to absorb any kinetic energy and redirect it, so esentially Gladiator was punched with his own best shot. Plus his point in that battle was too summon all X-Men to Shi'Ar empire.

Against Guardians of Galaxy, they used telepathy against him. When he faced Hulk, it wasn't Savage Hulk but Bannerless Hulk. ONe that was getting stronger and stronger in each day without Banner. And in moment he lost Banner, he was able to break Onslaught's armor. Plus he didn't really KO Gladiator, since he needed nuclear energy to put him down.

Close, but I lean towards Black Adam.

I am really intrested why do You belive so.

#39 Posted by shenron (901 posts) - - Show Bio

Powers and abilities [edit]

When Teth Adam/Theo Adam says the magic word "Shazam", he is transformed into Black Adam and granted the following powers derived from ancient Egyptian gods:

Sfor the stamina of ShuUsing Shu's virtually unlimited stamina, Black Adam can withstand and survive most types of extreme physical assaults. Additionally, he does not need to eat, sleep, or breathe and can survive unaided in space. His godly metabolism provides him with far greater than human potency in all physical activities. Sustained by the magical energies coursing through his body, Adam is immortal.
Hfor the swiftness of HeruBy channeling Heru's supernatural speed, Black Adam can move at sub-light speeds in orbit. In outer space, Black Adam can fly at trans-light speeds, while on Earth he has been depicted running at a maximum Mach 500. He was able to give his speed to the Flash, running at incredible speeds with him.
Afor the strength of AmonBlack Adam has a phenomenal level of super strength, able to easily bend steel, punch through walls, produce powerful shockwaves by claping his hands, and lift massive objects. Adam's strength is generally depicted of being on levels equal to those of Superman and Captain Marvel, though some writers have portrayed his strength as possibly outmatching them; on at least one occasion, he has been able to hold his own against an assemblage of the Justice League, Justice Society, Great Ten, and the Teen Titans.[16]
Zfor the wisdom of ZehutiBlack Adam has instant access to a vast level of scholarly knowledge, which allows him to know multiple languages. The wisdom of Zehuti also provides him with counsel and advice in times of need.
Afor the power ofAtonAton's power allows Black Adam to fly, fuels the magic lightning bolt that transforms Adam, further enhances Adam's superhuman physical abilities, and provides magical resistance against a massive amount of magic spells and attacks. Adam can use the lightning bolt as a weapon by dodging it and allowing it to strike an opponent or target. It allows him to travel to the Rock of Eternity, thus allowing interdimensional and time travel.
Mfor the courage of MehenThis aspect is primarily psychological, and gives Black Adam superhuman amounts of inner strength from which to draw upon in times of hopelessness, and possibly great fighting skills. His strength of mind renders him resistant to telepathy and mind control. In some depictions, the courage of Mehen also provides a degree of his physical invulnerability to harm.[17] He is always supported by an innate and harmonious presence of good will and spiritual strength of perseverance that he never backs down from a challenge. If he were somehow wounded, his godly energies would enable him to recover very rapidly. It would take an injury of such magnitude that it dispersed a major portion of his bodily molecules to cause him a physical death. Even then, it is possible for a god of significant power, such as Ra, Anubis and Osiris or for a number of Egyptian gods of equal power working together to revive him
#40 Posted by shenron (901 posts) - - Show Bio

Superhuman Strength

Kallark possesses vast amounts of super human level strength is considered to be one of the most physically powerful beings in the Marvel Universe. The limits of his strength are unknown but to date he has been seen performing feats such as destroying planets with his blows and carrying massive spaceships across vast distances with very little effort. Gladiators strength depends on his level of confidence. When Gladiators fully believes in himself and his abilities his strength is matched by very few beings in the Marvel Universe. If he doubts in his abilities however his strength can drop significantly.

Superhuman Speed

Gladiator has the ability to run and move at speeds far faster than the human eye can perceive. Although his exact speed has never been calculated he at least has been seen moving faster than the speed of sound which is approximately 770mph. He is however capable of reaching speeds nearing the speed of light. . Gladiator’s speeds depends on his level of confidence. When Gladiators fully believes in himself and his abilities his speed is matched by very few beings in the Marvel Universe. If he doubts in his abilities however his speed can drop significantly.

Superhuman Stamina

Gladiator’s unique physiology allows him a vast amount of stamina. Gladiator has the ability to exert himself at physical peak for several days before fatigue toxins begin to impair him. From deep space missions that Gladiator has been spent on it is apparent that he is able to go very long periods of time without having to eat, sleep or breathe. This helps him especially when he has to do interstellar travel.

Invulnerability

Gladiators physiology grants him an advanced musculature that is much more dense that that of humans. He is able to survive in space unaided, take energy bolts with little effect, falls from great heights, as well as engage in combat with beings such as Black Bolt, Hulk and Thor and remained unharmed. Gladiator’s invulnerability also gives him the ability to survive in the core of a Sun with no discomfort. Gladiator was once able to withstand the harmful effects of a supernova. Gladiator’s invulnerability is dependent on his level of confidence. The more confidence he has in himself the lesser likely it is that he will be susceptible to harm. But if Gladiator were to begin to doubt himself his level of invulnerability drops significantly.

Superhuman Agility

Gladiators’ physiology allows him great movement, balance, and body coordination that is beyond the capability of any human being. One of Gladiators strongest feats of balance is when he was able to hold the entire Baxter building without it collapsing on itself although Reed Richards believes that Gladiator has a device in his belt that allows him to hold objects of great weight without them crashing down on themselves.

Superhuman Reflexes

Gladiator’s physiology grants him reflexes that are far greater than those of any human being. He is able to dodge comets, planets and other celestial matter while flying in space while moving at speeds beyond light and even while traveling in hyperspace.

Flight

Gladiator has the psionic ability to defy gravity. He is able to fly at speeds beyond that of light and enter into hyperspace when traveling over vast distances. Gladiator has displayed the ability to use his flight in the vacuum of space as well as survive in it unaided.

Heat Vision

Gladiator is capable of firing powerful beams of heat from his eyes that are also accompanied by a strong concussive force. The maximum temperature of which his heat beams has never been recorded but has shown to be as powerful as the core of Stars. Gladiator’s heat vision was so powerful that when he directed it at the Hulk while he was in an enraged state it began to burn away at his very skin. The temperature and force level of Gladiators heat beams is dependent on his confidence. If Gladiator doubts in himself or his abilities the power behind his beams drops significantly.

Microscopic Vision

Gladiator has the ability to see objects over vast distances as well as look at an object and see its components down to the molecular level. It is unknown however if Gladiator has the ability to see through objects.

Freeze Breathe

Gladiator’s physiology grants him the ability to inhale large amounts of air within his lungs and expel it in a hurricane like force. He also has been seen to have the ability to drop the temperature of his opponents when expelling chill like winds famously known as “Freeze Breathe”.

Telepathy Resistance

Gladiator has been shown to have strong psychic defenses that defend his mind against telepathic assaults. These defenses however are not able to defend against all telepaths and he is still susceptible to attacks from telepaths of a high order. It is unknown whether or not this ability is inherent to Strontians or if it was a part of the training he received as being a member of the Imperial Guard.

Skills

Gladiator has been seen to be an advanced hand to hand combatant and on more than one occasions has shown to been mentioned to be one of the skilled combatants in the entire Shi’ar Empire. Gladiator has been seen in the past to train members of the Imperial Guard and also guards who work directly with the Emperor of the Shi’ar Empire.

#41 Posted by pooty (11762 posts) - - Show Bio

People pump up BA because he can hang with this person or that person. Who has BA DEFEATED that was as bloodlusted as he is?

#42 Posted by batnorris (679 posts) - - Show Bio

glads if full power

#43 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

People pump up BA because he can hang with this person or that person. Who has BA DEFEATED that was as bloodlusted as he is?

Very true, now that I think about it.

#45 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

its not BA losing its the writers making him lose. BA has awesome powerset and persona

#46 Posted by GhostRavage (9489 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: Ooook... Can you write the link to that thread, i want to compare both threads, because i mean, for real, that OP you made is ridiculous.

#47 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: Ooook... Can you write the link to that thread, i want to compare both threads, because i mean, for real, that OP you made is ridiculous.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/100-world-war-hulks-vs-dc-earth-heroes-1463132/#90

#48 Edited by GhostRavage (9489 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: Just read the other thread, and it is not as ridiculous as yours.

Magic isn't a weakness for Hulk, but for Superman it is. Hulk's in character, which means he's somehow bloodlusted while Superman in character its always holding back and a boyscout.

You can't apply the same rules to Superman because he has a deadlier powerset. And by the comments you made, i was pretty sure you wanted your clones to win, something that will never happen due to Marvel's wtf reality warpers.

The Hulk clones thread had a better OP, it said "can they stop the clones before killing half population of earth?" while yours was only a death battle between Marvel and the clones. That gives 0 chances to the clones to win yet you were trying to refute the obvious by using the "speedblitz" argument. Horrible thread, don't ever try to pull something like that again, and if you do, think of all the possibilities of sucking hard.

Btw. Even if the Hulk thread is better than yours its still horrible as well...

#49 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: Just read the other thread, and it is not as ridiculous as yours.

Magic isn't a weakness for Hulk, but for Superman it is. Hulk's in character, which means he's somehow bloodlusted while Superman in character its always holding back and a boyscout.

You can't apply the same rules to Superman because he has a deadlier powerset. And by the comments you made, i was pretty sure you wanted your clones to win, something that will never happen due to Marvel's wtf reality warpers.

The Hulk clones thread had a better OP, it said "can they stop the clones before killing half population of earth?" while yours was only a death battle between Marvel and the clones. That gives 0 chances to the clones to win yet you were trying to refute the obvious by using the "speedblitz" argument. Horrible thread, don't ever try to pull something like that again, and if you do, think of all the possibilities of sucking hard.

Btw. Even if the Hulk thread is better than yours its still horrible as well...

who the hell do you think youre talking to scrub? i do what i want. speedblitz was a great argument. marvel fan boys just hate it cause they cant do anything to stop it

#50 Posted by ImNemotheGemini (845 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: I thought hulk was actually weakening during those heroes reborn stories and fighting Glads ! His healing factor and what not wasn't working correctly !