#1 Posted by lectriccolossus (436 posts) - - Show Bio

Location: asteroid belt near a sun

No BFR

Win by KO or Death

Gladiator's resolve will waver. No heat vision

BRB has Stormbreaker w/ limitations: No energy blasts or energy manipulation.

Trying to make this fight as balanced as possible. Who's the victor?

VS

#2 Posted by BigCimmerian (7845 posts) - - Show Bio

Beta Ray Bill

#3 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2817 posts) - - Show Bio

Beta Ray Bill

#4 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

The magical Mr. Ed wins.

#5 Posted by lectriccolossus (436 posts) - - Show Bio

that easily huh? any particular reasons why?

#6 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

BRB.

#7 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Beta Ray Bill.

@lectriccolossus said:

that easily huh? any particular reasons why?

No one said it was gonna be easy.

#8 Posted by lectriccolossus (436 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: well that's good to hear, im puling for Gladiator, but how do you see it going down?

#9 Posted by DrinkUrPruneJuice77 (1598 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough fight... I'll say Gladiator, especially if he's at full confidence and since you took out BRB's lightining powers.

#10 Posted by Spiderslike (652 posts) - - Show Bio

Bill takes this one. The fight would be pretty even without their respective powers but since Gladiators powers will waver at some point during the fight Bill will probably gain the advantage and take him down. Chances are the more he begins to lose the more likely his confidence will waver even more and more till a great deal of his strength is gone. Also although the OP says no energy attacks I think he could still control wind, rain, cold etc which really won't hurt Gladiator but might be a distraction or two but nothing serious

#11 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@lectriccolossus said:

@jeanroygrant: well that's good to hear, im puling for Gladiator, but how do you see it going down?

The same as Thor beat Gladiator.

#12 Posted by lectriccolossus (436 posts) - - Show Bio

@Spiderslike: by resolve= confidence, it won't waver during the fight, but youre right about the abilities that BRB still has with strombreaker

#13 Posted by lectriccolossus (436 posts) - - Show Bio

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77: Sweet, finally one for Gladiator

#14 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Gladiator, He should be able to avoid most of BRB's strikes if he fights well

#15 Posted by Vance Astro (91067 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:

I say Gladiator, He should be able to avoid most of BRB's strikes if he fights well

I don't see why Gladiator would be able to avoid most of BRB's strikes.He doesn't move anywhere near his top speed in combat and he pretty much never has.
Moderator
#16 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@vuviper said:

I say Gladiator, He should be able to avoid most of BRB's strikes if he fights well

I don't see why Gladiator would be able to avoid most of BRB's strikes.He doesn't move anywhere near his top speed in combat and he pretty much never has.

That doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to, though like Xenith did to Ravenous

#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91067 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:

That doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to, though like Xenith did to Ravenous

That also doesn't mean BRB wouldn't be able to tag him without too much trouble.If Thor and no other powerhouses had trouble hitting Gladiator..don't know why BRB would either.His reflexes are superhuman.
Moderator
#18 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@vuviper said:

That doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to, though like Xenith did to Ravenous

That also doesn't mean BRB wouldn't be able to tag him without too much trouble.If Thor and no other powerhouses had trouble hitting Gladiator..don't know why BRB would either.His reflexes are superhuman.

But Gladiators reflexes are better than BRB also. So if he actually utilized his speed, he should avoid his blows.

#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91067 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:

But Gladiators reflexes are better than BRB also. 

Based on what?
Moderator
#20 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@vuviper said:

But Gladiators reflexes are better than BRB also.

Based on what?

Him blocking Hyperion's punch nanaseconds after Hyperion block Gladiators

#21 Edited by Vance Astro (91067 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:

Him blocking Hyperion's punch nanaseconds after Hyperion block Gladiators

I don't think that proves anything.Gladiator's blocking\dodging\defensive abilities haven't been very impressive in MOST of his showings.Why it would be different here is beyond me.
Moderator
#22 Posted by spiderbuck (2418 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@lectriccolossus said:

@jeanroygrant: well that's good to hear, im puling for Gladiator, but how do you see it going down?

The same as Thor beat Gladiator.

Yup.

#23 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@vuviper said:

Him blocking Hyperion's punch nanaseconds after Hyperion block Gladiators

I don't think that proves anything.Gladiator's blocking\dodging\defensive abilities haven't been very impressive in MOST of his showings.Why it would be different here is beyond me.

Well assuming he uses his superior speed and reflexes I would see the fight going a lot like this

I don't really want to speculate about why doesn't fight like this, but if he does I think he'd win and if not I'd say it's close but in favor of BRB

#24 Posted by terry2012 (4757 posts) - - Show Bio

@vuviper: Who is that she is fighting?

#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91067 posts) - - Show Bio
@terry2012 said:

@vuviper: Who is that she is fighting?

Ravenous. 
 
@vuviper said:

Well assuming he uses his superior speed and reflexes I would see the fight going a lot like this

I don't really want to speculate about why doesn't fight like this, but if he does I think he'd win and if not I'd say it's close but in favor of BRB

You don't have to speculate as to why he doesn't fight like that.The fact is that he doesn't so it would be OOC for him to do so.
Moderator
#26 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Gladiator but BRB is going to win.

#27 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
BRB.
Moderator
#28 Posted by terry2012 (4757 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: Did you see my recent fight yet?

#29 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why some people think Bill is gonna get blitzed. He has superhuman reaction time.

Easily reacts in a milisecond.
#30 Posted by stu (378 posts) - - Show Bio

gladiator.

#31 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@stu said:

gladiator.

#32 Posted by Vance Astro (91067 posts) - - Show Bio
@terry2012 said:

@Vance Astro: Did you see my recent fight yet?

No. 
 
@venomoushatred1001 said:

I don't know why some people think Bill is gonna get blitzed. He has superhuman reaction time.

Especially seeing as how when he fought Thor he had to distract him to even attempt blitzing him.
Moderator
#33 Posted by terry2012 (4757 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: Check it out. Let me know what you think

#34 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: OK, but I believe if he did, he would win. There was that one time he threw a wall or something at Thor and then Blitzes him and knocked him hammer away. OH lol you already mentioned that to venomous haha.

@venomoushatred1001: Dude millisecond is really slow...But I don't even get what he's reacting to in the scan. Can you tell me what is going on

#35 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@vuviper said:

@venomoushatred1001: Dude millisecond is really slow...But I don't even get what he's reacting to in the scan. Can you tell me what is going on

How do you figure? Its better than anything Gladiator has shown.

#36 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@vuviper said:

@venomoushatred1001: Dude millisecond is really slow...But I don't even get what he's reacting to in the scan. Can you tell me what is going on

How do you figure? Its better than anything Gladiator has shown.

Gladiator has actually nanosecond reflexes... and from looking at your scan more closely all it seems to show is that the energy they released lasted for a millisecond (Correct me if that's not what was happening)

#37 Posted by lectriccolossus (436 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012: Sorry if i'm butting in, but you are you a fighter?

#38 Edited by Killemall (18173 posts) - - Show Bio

@lectriccolossus said:

@terry2012: Sorry if i'm butting in, but you are you a fighter?

When he says my fight i would assume he means the battles he has created on this thread.

@venomoushatred1001 said:

How do you figure? Its better than anything Gladiator has shown.

milisecond vs nanosecond is a big difference, thats 1,000,000 times faster.

although that should be a problem, i mean if he can hold his own against Guys like Stardust i dont see why he'd get speedblitz.

BRB looked more durable, stronger thanks to his many planet busting feats, and he's a very good fighter.

BRB all the way for me :)

#39 Posted by lectriccolossus (436 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: yea, ur probably right

#40 Posted by terry2012 (4757 posts) - - Show Bio

@lectriccolossus: Yes what killmall said underneath that comment

#41 Posted by terry2012 (4757 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: When he says my fight i would assume he means the battles he has created on this thread.

Yes this correct

#42 Posted by lectriccolossus (436 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012: ahh, my apologies

#43 Posted by terry2012 (4757 posts) - - Show Bio

@lectriccolossus:It Ok. No need to apologize.

#44 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16888 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:

@Vance Astro said:

@vuviper said:

Him blocking Hyperion's punch nanaseconds after Hyperion block Gladiators

I don't think that proves anything.Gladiator's blocking\dodging\defensive abilities haven't been very impressive in MOST of his showings.Why it would be different here is beyond me.

Well assuming he uses his superior speed and reflexes I would see the fight going a lot like this

I don't really want to speculate about why doesn't fight like this, but if he does I think he'd win and if not I'd say it's close but in favor of BRB

Gladiator use his super speed pretty often.  
He used it also in his fight agaisnt Vulcan, in his fight against Starjammers & Guardians of Galaxy, Cannonball, Nova Centurions, in Canncerverse against their versions of X-Men and when he was going after Skrulls in his first apperance. I am not entierly sure, but I also belvie that he also used it against Black Bolt and in at least two other occasions (but I don't remember in which comics, but I belive that examples above pretty much proves that he use super speed pretty often, it simply isn't shown how fast he is moving).
#45 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

Beta Ray Bill wins.

m99