• 66 results
#1 Posted by sa5m (2112 posts) - - Show Bio
 Gladiator
Ms Marvel [Binary]
 Beta Ray Bill

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
                                                                                                  VS
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
X-Men
 Jean Grey

Madrox, Monet

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-X-Men Angel, Storm, Magneto, Colossus, Rogue [Ms Marvel powers], Cyclops, Emma, Wolverine, Jean Grey [No Phoenix], Madrox, Monet  
-No prep except X-Men start with a shield around them by Jean
-Morals off, No BFR, No planet destroying
-Fighting in abandoned city 
-Who wins and why?
-Please use logic and reasoning
#2 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless Jean has Pheonix, anyone from Team 1 solos.

#3 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@venomoushatred1001 said:
Unless Jean has Pheonix, anyone from Team 1 solos.
no pheonix so gladiator or BRB solos
#4 Posted by HellionVulcan (3725 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladiator & BRB can solo unless Jean shuts them down as the battle starts, Ms marvel can't take down a team of x-men thou but depends whats faster jeans telepathy or gladiator brb combat speed ? but can BRB be hurt by telepathy ? as i don't think he can be .. Jean & Emma frost are her teams only chance thou .

#5 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

Glads solo
BRB solo
Binary probably solo too.

#6 Posted by YoungGunna (2439 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1...

#7 Edited by blacharrt (1567 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think BRB and Ms. marvel are immune to telepathy, even with Jean shielding at the start Emma can assault them mentally, Rogue can sap BRB as she did Thor, leaving him weak and lying about. Magneto can manipulate and absorb the energies from  Ms. Marvel Also if Jean's shield fail magneto can take her place.  His shields have withstood more than jean's. Also Storm and Magneto working together would quickly bring Binary back down to ms Marvel, by siphoning of her power, as they did with siena blaze. M and the other x-men can run interference.

#8 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio
@YoungGunna said:
Team 1...
#9 Posted by giantarms (181 posts) - - Show Bio

Were you trying to make a sick joke by even including Wolverine, Angel, and especially MADROX!?!! What could they POSSIBLY do to anyone on Team 1?  

The only person of ANY note on Team 2 is Magneto.

#10 Posted by mrtrevorguy (1198 posts) - - Show Bio

it wouldn't be quite the curb stomp that everyone thinks... don't forget Rouge has Ms MArvels powers... so she becomes a player in this game... 
Magneto make be able to take BRB's Hammer right outta his hands, and beat him with it, plus there in an abandoned city... do you have any idea how much metal is laying there? 
plus having Magneto there gives  Colossus and  Wolverine the possibility of being thrown towards there opponent for extra damage,  (since both could handle it) or be raised up off ground level
not to mention.. the X-Men have alot  more experience fighting as a team then team one does.... they've been known to work together as a team and take down much stronger foes 

now im not saying there going to win.... 
i think team one will, but it won't be a curbstom, or solo

#11 Posted by karrob (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1

#12 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@blacharrt said:
I don't think BRB and Ms. marvel are immune to telepathy, even with Jean shielding at the start Emma can assault them mentally, Rogue can sap BRB as she did Thor, leaving him weak and lying about. Magneto can manipulate and absorb the energies from  Ms. Marvel Also if Jean's shield fail magneto can take her place.  His shields have withstood more than jean's. Also Storm and Magneto working together would quickly bring Binary back down to ms Marvel, by siphoning of her power, as they did with siena blaze. M and the other x-men can run interference.

All people in team 1 are able to speedblitz. Probably in less than second, X-Men are down.
@mrtrevorguy said:
it wouldn't be quite the curb stomp that everyone thinks... don't forget Rouge has Ms MArvels powers... so she becomes a player in this game... Magneto make be able to take BRB's Hammer right outta his hands, and beat him with it, plus there in an abandoned city... do you have any idea how much metal is laying there? plus having Magneto there gives  Colossus and  Wolverine the possibility of being thrown towards there opponent for extra damage,  (since both could handle it) or be raised up off ground levelnot to mention.. the X-Men have alot  more experience fighting as a team then team one does.... they've been known to work together as a team and take down much stronger foes  now im not saying there going to win.... i think team one will, but it won't be a curbstom, or solo
See above.
#13 Posted by blacharrt (1567 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:
@blacharrt said:

All people in team 1 are able to speedblitz. Probably in less than second, X-Men are down.
@mrtrevorguy said:
it wouldn't be quite the curb stomp that everyone thinks... don't forget Rouge has Ms MArvels powers... so she becomes a player in this game... Magneto make be able to take BRB's Hammer right outta his hands, and beat him with it, plus there in an abandoned city... do you have any idea how much metal is laying there? plus having Magneto there gives  Colossus and  Wolverine the possibility of being thrown towards there opponent for extra damage,  (since both could handle it) or be raised up off ground levelnot to mention.. the X-Men have alot  more experience fighting as a team then team one does.... they've been known to work together as a team and take down much stronger foes  now im not saying there going to win.... i think team one will, but it won't be a curbstom, or solo
See above.
Yeah well the Op says shields are already up, which give the X-men time to counter.
#14 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

If team 2  telepath can effect team 1 before they find a way through there shields, then team 2 has a chance...if not.  team 1 wins, team 2 can't keep them shield up for ever, thats what i think.

#15 Posted by HellionVulcan (3725 posts) - - Show Bio
@blacharrt said:
wow that is total pis how did storm know his weakness (plus storm at her best would never even touch him with any of her powers) unless she gained the knowledge like hulk some how knew about it lol .@mrtrevorguy said:
U never mentioned Gladiator at all as in a nano sec he could kill Angel, Storm, Colossus, Rogue , Cyclops, Emma, Wolverine, Jean Grey , Madrox, Monet  but not magneto if he has his shields up if they are down hes dead as well like i said Jean/Emma frost have to be protected for use of telepathy or else they lose badly .
#16 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio
@sa5m: Even i am leaning more towards X-men :)  

There are few on X-men roster who would simply be cannon fodder but there are few who are pretty dangerous J . Specially Jean Gray and Magneto. In a city he has so much metals, plus his shielding is superstron, I doubt anyone on team 1 would be able to break through his shield let alone speedblitz it. Jean is like a wild card, she was telekinetic powers which are pretty insane, but with shielding from mageneto she has the power to mind-rape most ppl, specially given Emma is with her. Plus colossus, Rogue they can hold their own (at least for few mins) against team 1. I see team 2 winning via mindrape or erm via mageneto pulling some crazy trick 

#17 Posted by HellionVulcan (3725 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall said:
@sa5m: Even i am leaning more towards X-men :)  

There are few on X-men roster who would simply be cannon fodder but there are few who are pretty dangerous J . Specially Jean Gray and Magneto. In a city he has so much metals, plus his shielding is superstron, I doubt anyone on team 1 would be able to break through his shield let alone speedblitz it. Jean is like a wild card, she was telekinetic powers which are pretty insane, but with shielding from mageneto she has the power to mind-rape most ppl, specially given Emma is with her. Plus colossus, Rogue they can hold their own (at least for few mins) against team 1. I see team 2 winning via mindrape or erm via mageneto pulling some crazy trick 

colossus & rogue are cannon fodder to a bloodlusted Gladiator & BRB they aren't lasting minutes,magneto's shield is great but against two guys who can shatter planets it won't hold long but i do agree Jean would have to mind rape Gladiator/BRB to really stand a chance but i've never seen BRB get taken down mentally & magneto can not hurt BRB or Gladiator with earth metals just not happening also plus they start shielded by jeans shield so i doubt its as strong as magneto's so they'll break it fast  ..
#18 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio
@HellionVulcan: Jean sheilding is no where near as powerful as magneto's shielding (at least feat wise) but magneto shielding has crazy durability i am leaning more to the fact that his shielding could stop them long enough for emma and jean to mind rape them (that is if they dont speed blitz past jean's shielding which also sound a little unlikely) .  
BRB would be a wild card then, if he cannot be taken out via mind rape mageneto has to pull something crazy to beat him.. he's crazy durable! 
#19 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

People forget that binary herself was able to take on the x-men.
#20 Edited by blacharrt (1567 posts) - - Show Bio
@HellionVulcan said:

@blacharrt said:

wow that is total pis how did storm know his weakness (plus storm at her best would never even touch him with any of her powers) unless she gained the knowledge like hulk some how knew about it lol . @mrtrevorguy said:
U never mentioned Gladiator at all as in a nano sec he could kill Angel, Storm, Colossus, Rogue , Cyclops, Emma, Wolverine, Jean Grey , Madrox, Monet  but not magneto if he has his shields up if they are down hes dead as well like i said Jean/Emma frost have to be protected for use of telepathy or else they lose badly .
Gladiator's weakness is well documented in X-men because of their dealings with the Shi'ar also, Storm had access to FF4 as a member which it was also well documented by Reed what his weakness was, and also confidence.  So  she would have knowledge of that.

Secondly i didn't and don't mention nano anything because Jean has shields up, so I don't see a Speedblitz as an actual factor.  You can't blitz someone who's shielded.  So your blitz argument isn't very likely at all.  i believe the OP gave them shields at the start to prevent a speed blitz scenario and force people to think beyond that and to how the fight could be actually fought out.
#21 Posted by Gremlin From Kremlin (2931 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:
Glads solo BRB solo Binary probably solo too.
#22 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

As for Jean's shields... 

#23 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10313 posts) - - Show Bio

With shields up at the beginning of the battle, I can see a good shot for team 1 mainly due to the telepaths and Rogue. Even with Ms.Marvel powers Rogue is not a physical match for any member of team 1 but, given that Jean's TK shield gives the X-Men some time to plan, Rogue could be the turning factor for the team if absorbed Madrox's powers, and Jean or Emma's TP (plus Jean's TK), Magneto's and Colossus's powers. There could then be numerous Rogue's with powerful TP, can shield with TK and has the physical class 100 strength on top of her ability to absorb team 1's abilities as well.  

#24 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@blacharrt said:
@czarny_samael said:
@blacharrt said:

@mrtrevorguy said:
See above.
Yeah well the Op says shields are already up, which give the X-men time to counter.
I doubt it. I've never seen Jean nor Magnetos taking full planet busting punches.
#25 Posted by Phylos (2641 posts) - - Show Bio

team 2 has a chance, especially since there together. it gets broken down into groups, the brawlers(offense), the telepaths(defense) & the area/environment manipulators(offense/defense). im 50/50 i guess.

#26 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Phylos said:
team 2 has a chance, especially since there together. it gets broken down into groups, the brawlers(offense), the telepaths(defense) & the area/environment manipulators(offense/defense). im 50/50 i guess.
Gladiator and others are out of morals. All of them can destroy planets and to my knowledge all of them are lightspeeders. So each of them should destroy all shields and kill all these people in less than second. Even without destroying Earth.
#27 Posted by blacharrt (1567 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:
@blacharrt said:
@czarny_samael said:
@blacharrt said:

@mrtrevorguy said:
See above.
I doubt it. I've never seen Jean nor Magnetos taking full planet busting punches.
Magneto's shield stood up against the phoenix force itself, that's the stamp of approval in my book. I think i stated that jean doesn't have as impressive shield feats as magneto, but i would have to do some research on that.
#28 Posted by MagnusTheMagnificent (250 posts) - - Show Bio
@blacharrt said:

That's a Skrull using tech, a solarbattery or something. and they had prep and knew about Gladiator's weakness.
The story is from Fantastic Four #250.
#29 Posted by blacharrt (1567 posts) - - Show Bio
@MagnusTheMagnificent: I know it's a skull, but the feat is actually possible for storm to do. And as i said she should have that knowledge by way of FF4 or her run-ins with the Shi'ar.  Also i don't think Black Panther would have access to the Baxter building and not take information like that just in case.
#30 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@blacharrt said:
@czarny_samael said:
Magneto's shield stood up against the phoenix force itself, that's the stamp of approval in my book. I think i stated that jean doesn't have as impressive shield feats as magneto, but i would have to do some research on that.
So You're saying that PF used planet busting attack there? Any scans?
#31 Posted by blacharrt (1567 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael: ? Are you saying the phoenix couldn't destroy a planet?  But no i didn't say that your interpretation is interesting.  The Manifestation of the Phoenix Raptor was going against magneto's shield and he was able to Hold up against it.
#32 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@blacharrt said:
@czarny_samael: ? Are you saying the phoenix couldn't destroy a planet?  But no i didn't say that your interpretation is interesting.  The Manifestation of the Phoenix Raptor was going against magneto's shield and he was able to Hold up against it.
I'm saying that it didn't use its full power. Only a small fraction. If it would and Magneto would survived it, it would mean that Magneto's shields are universal level which is nonsense.
#33 Posted by MagnusTheMagnificent (250 posts) - - Show Bio
@blacharrt said:
@MagnusTheMagnificent: I know it's a skull, but the feat is actually possible for storm to do. And as i said she should have that knowledge by way of FF4 or her run-ins with the Shi'ar.  Also i don't think Black Panther would have access to the Baxter building and not take information like that just in case.
She can?
Guess I'm out of the loop concerning Storm.
However, I don't think she would have intel on Gladiator's weakness. I mean, he is the Shi'ar Empire's greatest asset, and any info on him would be highly classified.
#34 Edited by blacharrt (1567 posts) - - Show Bio
@Death Certificate said: Jean was able to encase a Mind controlled Binary in a telekinetic shielding as her powers flared out of control.

As for Jean's shields... 

#35 Posted by Owie (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

At first I thought team one would beat them pretty solidly, but I've become convinced the X-men have a bit of a chance, using strategy, especially like Thunderbolt30 mentioned..  Magneto and Storm together wield a lot of power.  When it comes to Jean's powers, its always confusing.  People always list her as "no Phoenix," but her non-phoenix powers have not been very consistent: sometimes she has telepathy, sometimes telekinesis, sometimes both.  And for both TP and TK, she's had a huge range of strength, from fairly weak to very strong.  At her higher levels, she has pretty serious TK, perhaps enough to deal with Gladiator physically, and if she has her upper-level (but non-Phoenix) TP, she might be able to join with Emma to control him. 

In the long run, I think perhaps one way or another the others might be able to gang up and take out Gladiator and Beta Ray Bill.  In addition to Magneto, Storm, and Jean, Rogue is key in any strategic attack here.  If she adds the powers of Madrox, Colossus, etc., she could be a physical powerhouse against Glads and BRB.

The real wildcard is Binary.  They might be able to defend against her, but how can they really beat her?  I don't see it.  Magneto is really their only chance there, and I think he probably is not up to it, unless perhaps they add BRB's powers to their side somehow, either through mind control (sort of unlikely, I think) or through Rogue (but his storm powers are through his hammer, not him).  So I see the X-men having a very small chance, but probably losing in a long battle.

#36 Posted by blacharrt (1567 posts) - - Show Bio
@Owie said:
At first I thought team one would beat them pretty solidly, but I've become convinced the X-men have a bit of a chance, using strategy, especially like Thunderbolt30 mentioned..  Magneto and Storm together wield a lot of power.  When it comes to Jean's powers, its always confusing.  People always list her as "no Phoenix," but her non-phoenix powers have not been very consistent: sometimes she has telepathy, sometimes telekinesis, sometimes both.  And for both TP and TK, she's had a huge range of strength, from fairly weak to very strong.  At her higher levels, she has pretty serious TK, perhaps enough to deal with Gladiator physically, and if she has her upper-level (but non-Phoenix) TP, she might be able to join with Emma to control him.  In the long run, I think perhaps one way or another the others might be able to gang up and take out Gladiator and Beta Ray Bill.  In addition to Magneto, Storm, and Jean, Rogue is key in any strategic attack here.  If she adds the powers of Madrox, Colossus, etc., she could be a physical powerhouse against Glads and BRB. The real wildcard is Binary.  They might be able to defend against her, but how can they really beat her?  I don't see it.  Magneto is really their only chance there, and I think he probably is not up to it, unless perhaps they add BRB's powers to their side somehow, either through mind control (sort of unlikely, I think) or through Rogue (but his storm powers are through his hammer, not him).  So I see the X-men having a very small chance, but probably losing in a long battle.
Well it seems Binary can be mind controlled, and jean can contain her power without being overwhelmed. I agree with you completely Rogue is key especially with Gladiator and BRB.  Gloves off she could take one of them out and battle with the other.
#37 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio
@blacharrt
I doubt carol going to allow jean to cut off her connection. Not mention BRB's bill stormbreaker is capable of destorying the planet as well. 
#38 Edited by blacharrt (1567 posts) - - Show Bio
@Death Certificate: What is there to doubt? Carol as Binary was being mind controlled, Jean used her powers to contain her without destroying her mind.  
This proves two things.  1. Binary can be manipulated by telepathy which is a major drawback regardless if she can destroy planets or not. 2. Jean has shown that even an out of control Binary's power she is able to contain in her telekinetic force field. 
As for Rogue and BRB, she would be able to sap him just as she did Thor. Yes BRB can destroy the planet that isn't happening here. In Op it clearly states no planet destroying so why would he start with that amount of power or go up to that amount of power at all?

#39 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@blacharrt

1.I doubt that Binary went all out against Jean.
2.Sorry, but are You saying that Team 2 has chance to win? I thought You were saying that some people from Team 1 can't solo in less than second. 
3.BRB speedblitz and destroys them all. The same with Gladiator. I can give You that Binary won't solo, becuase I don't remember Binary making any FTL level feats. But these two men can solo. No one in Team 2 can take planet busting attack.
#40 Posted by blacharrt (1567 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:
@blacharrt :   1.I doubt that Binary went all out against Jean. 2.Sorry, but are You saying that Team 2 has chance to win? I thought You were saying that some people from Team 1 can't solo in less than second.  3.BRB speedblitz and destroys them all. The same with Gladiator. I can give You that Binary won't solo, becuase I don't remember Binary making any FTL level feats. But these two men can solo. No one in Team 2 can take planet busting attack.
1. Binary was lashing out of control is what it says, meaning she had no need to hold back or could even if she wanted to.
2. yes the x-men has a chance of winning, i've made that clear already. No i never stated any of them could or would solo in seconds in the scenario given in this thread.
3.  No, no Speedblitz with jean's shield in place, it's just not going to happen, or Gladiator for that matter.  You are looking for an easy win and the scenario isn't even presented in a way they could get one.
4., You have a clear obession with planets and there destructions, OP no planet destroying, means no Planet Destroying type powers being used, because they can, well destroy the planet.
#41 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio
@blacharrt
Carol isn't out of control and barely controling her powers, so that situation holds no relevance. Rouge couldn't handle ares, not mention that BRB could simply blast her with his stormbreaker or rip her apart in h2h. 
BRB isn't like thor, he doesn't hold back his power if it's a fight, his fight with stardust is a great example of his. I know the op said no planet busting, still doesn't stop team 1 from destorying the country or area their on.
#42 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@blacharrt said:
@czarny_samael said:
@blacharrt :   1.I doubt that Binary went all out against Jean. 2.Sorry, but are You saying that Team 2 has chance to win? I thought You were saying that some people from Team 1 can't solo in less than second.  3.BRB speedblitz and destroys them all. The same with Gladiator. I can give You that Binary won't solo, becuase I don't remember Binary making any FTL level feats. But these two men can solo. No one in Team 2 can take planet busting attack.
1. Binary was lashing out of control is what it says, meaning she had no need to hold back or could even if she wanted to. 2. yes the x-men has a chance of winning, i've made that clear already. No i never stated any of them could or would solo in seconds in the scenario given in this thread. 3.  No, no Speedblitz with jean's shield in place, it's just not going to happen, or Gladiator for that matter.  You are looking for an easy win and the scenario isn't even presented in a way they could get one. 4., You have a clear obession with planets and there destructions, OP no planet destroying, means no Planet Destroying type powers being used, because they can, well destroy the planet.
1.And still You can't say how good this attack was. 
2.No they completly don't. Gladiator solo this in microsecond. They have no answer to that. Their shields are too weak. One punch for each of them. The same with BRB. 
3.Jean's TP isn't fast enough. Show me scan in which she does something in nanosecond.
4.No, it mean that Gladiator/BRB/Binary can't just destroy Earth and win by this way. It doesn't limit their powers to any level.
#43 Edited by blacharrt (1567 posts) - - Show Bio
@Death Certificate said:

@blacharrt: Carol isn't out of control and barely controling her powers, so that situation holds no relevance. Rouge couldn't handle ares, not mention that BRB could simply blast her with his stormbreaker or rip her apart in h2h. BRB isn't like thor, he doesn't hold back his power if it's a fight, his fight with stardust is a great example of his. I know the op said no planet busting, still doesn't stop team 1 from destorying the country or area their on.

It actually does hold relevance because jean was able to contain her and withstand her power, and manipulate her mentally. The scan of Binary blowing up a planet is more irrelevent because that's not possible here.
 What about Ares she was able to absorb his strength/durability dispute being hurt, and getting used to her New control over her powers. that instance has nothing to do with her absorbing Thor's Powers at all. Being that she has MM powers she wouldn't be killed by the blast or ripped apart as you put it. BRB in his fight with Stardust was beaten very badly, showing that he is unable to beat Stardust.  At the end of that whole mess with Azeroth being released from the Black Hole Stardust create for BRB, they went there separate ways.  Stardust was toying with BRB majority of the fight.  BRB did have a good showing but he was not the winner.
Changing the scale of the attack means the force is also changed, it's not the same attack nor does it carry the same weight in the battle.  So all that talk that was mentioned about not being able to handle planet destroying this, and planet destroying that, I keep getting, is utter nonsense, their powers have been scaled back.  Bloodlusted just means they don't particularly care how they win Death or Decapitation, doesn't mean they can go all out with the limits imposed.
#44 Posted by HellionVulcan (3725 posts) - - Show Bio

Um u must have read the rogue Ares moment wrong ,rogue was going to die if she couldn't get released from Ares , BRB & gladiator are much more powerful beings rogue has no chance of absorbing them .

#45 Posted by HellionVulcan (3725 posts) - - Show Bio
@Death Certificate said:
@blacharrt: Carol isn't out of control and barely controling her powers, so that situation holds no relevance. Rouge couldn't handle ares, not mention that BRB could simply blast her with his stormbreaker or rip her apart in h2h. BRB isn't like thor, he doesn't hold back his power if it's a fight, his fight with stardust is a great example of his. I know the op said no planet busting, still doesn't stop team 1 from destorying the country or area their on.
This this this also sums it up .
#46 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio
@blacharrt
Do really think carol let jean do that? As much as you don't like hear this jean lacks the reflexs and speed to pull that off against a bloodlusted Carol. From what I was reading rogue was going to die if she couldn't get released from Ares, understand that rouge with ms marvel's power is weaker than current ms marvel, not mention that current ms marvel would get stomped in fight against BRB. You missed point, BRB doesn't holdback in any of his fight and would do alot of damage. The OP said they can't planet bust, that doesn't mean they are weaken or striped of causing blasts or hits that could kill the X-men.
#47 Edited by blacharrt (1567 posts) - - Show Bio
@Death Certificate: Carol wasn't in control of her body, so no Carol didn't let jean do anything.  She doesn't have the reflexes, can you prove that? Because this would go into the whole speed of thought vs. speed  debate.
Ms. Marvel doesn't have have life essence absorption ability, or power stealing abilities as well.  Ares is not anything like Thor. BRB is. And Rogue showed no problems of absorbing him.
No they aren't striped but they can't use powers that would destroy the planet. 

Answer this question, it says jean is shielding them, but is she shielding them telekinetically in your scenario, or telepathically from being sensed at all?  I'm guessing it's telekinetically.  If it was telepathically, team 1 would have to blind fire in mass, and the blitz would be impossible without time to locate them.
Also In your scenario how close are the combatants in the abandon city?
#48 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio
@blacharrt
Carol isn't stuck in one place trying gain control of her powers. Anyone with eyes can see this situation is completey different. It's not even a speed of thought vs speed, jean has no feats suggesting that reflexs quick enough hang with anyone in Team 1. You do realise that BRB outclasses rouge by a huge margin, the second she attemps to attack him, BRB kills her within one or two blows. Missing the point, Ares is weaker that BRB, fact that rouge almost died trying absorb Ares, dismisses what she did to thor in the past.  Again, you don't have blow up planet to kill anyone in the x-men them, a nuke blast or higher will be enough.  

She shielding them to imbrace impact, not to hide her teammates. OP didn't state how close they were so have to assume that they are within 5 to 10 yards.  
Also considering that everyone in team 1 can wreck cities with ease, a blind fire in mass and undoubtly kill the X-men.

#49 Posted by blacharrt (1567 posts) - - Show Bio
@Death Certificate:Jean Traveling hyper speeds to get to a mind controlled Binary.
thor out classes Rogue by a huge Margin, she can still absorb his powers. If you're asking me do i know of BRB yes I do.  How does that dismiss her feat with Thor, you're clearly not even making sense there. BRB is given the same powers as Thor yet you seem to think that somehow, it wouldn't work.  Where is your proof of that?  Because despite the fact that you keep stating Ares almost killed her, she absorbed his Strength and Durability just like thor, so your argument is making less sense.
A Nuke blast wouldn't work either, Magneto, Storm, Jean should all be able to shield a nuclear blast. And Magneto has been shown to be able to withstand 2 with no Harm. And storm contain one in a pressure field.

#50 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

IDK how this is still going on... No one prove that Jean or Magneto can take planet busting attack or have a chance against light speeders.

Gladiator SOLO

Beta Ray Bill SOLO

Binary probably solo too...