#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

damn, thats a good comment :D

yeah, if Gambit can hurt Gladiator, then i'm damn sure Superman can

M

#3 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84520 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want to throw this out there. If Gambit can go up against Gladiator and survive.....chances are Superman could to.

Post Edited:2007-08-21 20:59:20

#4 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"I just want to throw this out there. If Gambit can go up against Gladiator and survive.....chances are Superman could to.
Post Edited:2007-08-21 20:59:20"

Yeah but that's not Gladiator at full power. At full power he should be standing there scowling, waiting for Gambit to finish.

#5 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Logic Mark III says:

"I will just say look at the other battle on this, i have not de-powered Superman in anyway, i will have the same arguments, picture/comics like that i believe i have explained as well. There is no fanboyism here. I wont be so stupid as to say Gladiator can beat anyone you do a Silver Surfer v.s Gladiator an i am saying Surfer. "

I'm liking you more and more.

#6 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

I will just say look at the other battle on this, i have not de-powered Superman in anyway, i will have the same arguments, picture/comics like that i believe i have explained as well. There is no fanboyism here. I wont be so stupid as to say Gladiator can beat anyone you do a Silver Surfer v.s Gladiator an i am saying Surfer.

#7 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i have never said you depowered Superman LMIII, i only said that it wasn't fair powering up one character while the other one stayed at base levels

M

#8 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84520 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Gambler says:
"I just want to throw this out there. If Gambit can go up against Gladiator and survive.....chances are Superman could to.

Yeah but that's not Gladiator at full power. At full power he should be standing there scowling, waiting for Gambit to finish."

Sure he is. Right before that he curbed stumped Gambit. His confidence should be peak as he moves in to finish him off.

#9 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84520 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Gambler says:
"Forever says:
"Gambler says:
Yeah but that's not Gladiator at full power. At full power he should be standing there scowling, waiting for Gambit to finish."
Sure he is. Right before that he curbed stumped Gambit. His confidence should be peak as he moves in to finish him off."

I'm not saying he wasnt confident but as his confidence increases then so do his power levels. If his power was at it's peak he should have laughed that attack off."

I see what your saying.

#10 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Forever says:
"Gambler says:
Sure he is. Right before that he curbed stumped Gambit. His confidence should be peak as he moves in to finish him off."

I'm not saying he wasnt confident but as his confidence increases then so do his power levels. If his power was at it's peak he should have laughed that attack off.

#11 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

I have been going back over all the appearances of Gladiator I can find and I still believe that Gladiator, when he has fought Thor before was at his most powerful - and his confidence was high. When he losses confidence, his power dimishes.

So he has a parctical upper limit. His power level cannot get any higher even if somehow his confidence increased even further.

And his power level at this stage was way below Supermans. In all the fights we have seen him in he has not truely displayed the ability to fight at Super speed that Superman has displayed, otherwise Gladiators fight with Thor would not have ended in a stalemate. In that fight and others, his speed of blows is the same as his opponent - not at super speed.

As for Vulcan effecting Gladiator - he certainly hurt Gladiator with an energy blast but this may have been due to him catching Gladiator off guard.

When Gladiator braced himself, the blast did had no or little effect.

With everyting we have wrote and discussed in this and the other thread, I just cannot see Gladiator winning.

#13 Posted by Dr. Doom (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Darn...not another Superman wins thread...

#14 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Eck....as much as it pains me......Superman.

Throws up

#15 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

I am going to counter this with a Hulk wins thread, or something.....

#16 Posted by Dr. Doom (259 posts) - - Show Bio

No, not a "Hulk wins" thread, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#17 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Doom says:

"No, not a "Hulk wins" thread, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

#18 Posted by Dr. Doom (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Why aren't you a villian?

#19 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

supes gets killed

#20 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I ask what you mean by Superman's 'Full Power'?

Do you mean sundip in a yellow star for billions of years until the star burns up most of its fuel and starts to change?

Do you mean sundiping in a blue star until he has all the abilities he could possible have?

Or do you have some other meaning in mind?

#21 Posted by emperorznb (1673 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38 said:

supes gets killed

No.

#22 Posted by Void_Paladin (901 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman at full power can mean a lot of things, but they all give me a reason to say...

The answer...is still Superman.

#23 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty said:

Can I ask what you mean by Superman's 'Full Power'?

Do you mean sundip in a yellow star for billions of years until the star burns up most of its fuel and starts to change?

Do you mean sundiping in a blue star until he has all the abilities he could possible have?

Or do you have some other meaning in mind?

Suoerman bloodlusted

#24 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Void_Paladin said:

Superman at full power can mean a lot of things, but they all give me a reason to say...

The answer...is still Superman.

#25 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1668 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty: Fair question, my lady!