Silver Surfer

No Caption Provided

Rounds:

1.In character.No World Breaker

2.Morals Off.World Breaker allowed

Rules:

Worthy Thor with Mjornir

Current Gladiator and Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer is allowed to only use his physical and energy blasts/attacks.No transmutation,manipulation,telepathy,etc

K.O. or Death ftw

No BFR

Setting:

Earth-like planet the size of the sun.Start a football field distance apart

Questions please ask

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@lvenger @jashro44 @thedailybagel @ghostravage @xiix @dondave @nighthunder @experio @New_World_Order @frozen @serrure @kingant27 @eternityx @darkraiden

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By serrure

@reaverlation: is Gladiator in his black suit or no?

Gladiator and Thor together scare the sh!t out of me, as do Silver Surfer and Hulk.

im gonna back team 1 here

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 no doubt

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thedailybagel  Moderator

I'm backing team 2 here, surfer could take any of team 1 and hulk could hold off thor and potentially beat gladiator.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dondave
serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By serrure
UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By UberHulk

Team 2. Gladiator gets boned by gamma radiation. Hulk just touching him scrambles his brains. Silver Surfer has drained Hulk's gamma energy in the past, reverting him to Banner but if he's on the same side it's major bad news for the other two. Incredible Hulk Annual 1997

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Android

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

team 2 both rounds: round 1 is when silver surfer is gona give them the win round 2 just a big stomp in team 2s favor

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 wins.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2.

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer turns them into pancakes

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if some people know Surfer is restricted here

@serrure you said team 1.Care to ask the others who said Team 2 why Team 2 wins?

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 thedailybagel  Moderator

@uberhulk: hey, genius. That because his heat vision was being knocked back into his head, not hulks radiation.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By serrure

@uberhulk: yet somehow he was able to swim through a star with out a small amount of trouble... plz avoid using PIS in battles from here on

No Caption Provided

@reaverlation: well i say Team 1 because Surfer is so restricted

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7a162f64fe5
deactivated-5a7a162f64fe5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comes down to Gladiator and the Silver Surfer, as the other two are slower by far than Kallark and Norrin.

Given the blind for Norrin, it's anyone's guess between Gladiator and the Surfer. Could literally go either way.

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By UberHulk

@serrure: I posted all of Gladiators high end feats last week so I am aware of his powers and it's not PIS. He has confirmed weaknesses just as some other powerful characters have weaknesses.

@thedailybagel: He can walk through red stars so why would heat vision do anything? As Hulk says you're vulnerable to some forms of radiant energy, which is confirmed here. Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z Update "Gladiator is vulnerable to magic and unspecified wavelengths of radiation". Gamma is at the end of the electromagnetic spectrum AND the most potent form of radiation in the universe, far, far more potent than nukes.

No Caption Provided

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhulk: not really... that radiation thing seems to be thrown together and has not been mentioned anytime within the last 10+ years

and i know all about Gladiator i just beat the Hulk with him (handily)... that radiation is not a credible threat in this battle.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2.

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By UberHulk

@serrure: I don't know. I'll look through Realm of Kings and The Annihilators as I seem to remember he was taken out in both. Rocket Racoon effected his confidence with a gun. They're bound to give someone who flies at hundred times FTL and has heat vision hotter than a star some sort of weakness!

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By serrure

@uberhulk: actually Rachel Grey futzed with his mind to make him think Rocket Raccoon had a gun to mess with his species... it was actually a mop.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Team 2.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Experio

Round 1 I'd back the first team, they have a overall greater damage output, let loose faster and possess the versatility advantage due to Surfer's limitations, not that he would likely use the rest of his abilities in character. Second team takes round 2, to stop World breaker without giving Surfer time to interfere would be for Thor to drain the released gamma radiation, and thats near impossible to do against an attacking target with Hulks movement, if Thor decided to KO with energy blast or lightning, Hulk can tank it as long as it would take Norrin to defeat Gladiator who lacks durability to withstand his rapid planetary cosmic bolts.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@serrure: The radiation has been stated in Incredible Hulk Annual from '97, his handbook entry and by Silver Surfer himself. I don't think that's a factor that should be ignored if it was showcased on panel, stated on panel and biographically confirmed.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By serrure

@ghostravage: thats the only 2 instances we've ever seen it. the handbook also mentions that Gladiator might have tech that enhances his abilities but i havent seen any reference of that. The Handbook is not law

No Caption Provided

btw Surfer mentioned it was a "special type of radiation" not just Gamma, or any other type of radiation. seems we have 2 instances that also dont agree with each other

i think the only logical way to see this is it hasnt happend in the past 10+ years and the 2 times it has been mentioned dont seem to agree with each other.

but ya know whatever im pretty much done with this if the Handbook is law to you then thats fine, (but it also says UNSPECIFIED radiation waves, not Gamma, or whatever Hulk found)

seems to me the burden of proof supports my theory

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 thedailybagel  Moderator

@uberhulk: it's feedback from his heat vision, he literally said that on panel.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure: Gladiator doesn't deal with Radiation in every appearance he's involved. The same can be said about Hulk's adaptive nature, he has only about 2-3 instances supporting this ability yet he's been around 50 years. The amount of instances in comparison to the amount of plots and issues is rather insignificant yet it's an ability that is solidly stated in almost all his handbook entries and generally accepted in the comic industry.

It's the same case scenario with Gladiator, taking into account the amount of times Gladiator has dealt with radiation, the times where it has been confirmed he has a weakness to an unspecified kind of radiation is actually consistent. Im not implying Gladiator is weak to Gamma Radiation, but considering he was harmed inside a Nuclear Reactor, by his heat vision and inside of stars, i would guess a good amount of Gamma would suffice in harming him significantly.

I don't think Handbook entries are law, but same as Killemall, i do know how to use such entries given i have on panel proof and statements supporting what the entry says, which only makes it an even stronger piece of evidence and in this case, Gladiator has the 3 factors needed to make evidence totally valid... On panel statements, On panel showings and biographical confirmations, let alone the latter considering the entry used here is his updated one.

Avatar image for marvel_kills_dc
Marvel_kills_DC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

World War Hulk solos. Surfer isn't needed.

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure:He was knocked loopy by a nuclear reactor being activated. He doesn't feature regularly enough for his weaknesses to be apparent. Whether it would be a factor against WWH who knows but regardless Hulk would still beat him. WWH is considerably stronger and more durable than the Hulk Gladiator fought previously. His heat vision wouldn't be as effective.

@ghostravage: Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought WWH gave off so much radiation draining it wasn't effective?

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhulk: Pak's Hulk was only drainable by Red Hulk, who was the living incarnation of the Cathexis Ray and was incredibly attuned for Gamma Energy, moreover, it was against Savage Hulk, Green Scar was unable to be drained even by the Spikes, whose draining abilities goes from completely consume beings to consume stars and they failed to drain Green Scar even when he was willingly letting himself get drained for several hours. Arma'Cheddon also failed to drain him and he is a high end energy drainer/manipulator by feats. Darwin's draining abilities proved futile against him and Darwin's powers are strong enough to actually evolve towards Hela's touch and become someone like Hela as well.

So yeah, Green Scar proved to be too much for everyone during Pak's run as far as draining goes.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By HellionVulcan

World War Hulk solos. Surfer isn't needed.

How since Gladiator can punch his head off his shoulders since nanoseconds > Hulks reaction time since it'll take like 20/30 years for Hulk to react per nanoseconds (Source). Its between Surfer & Gladiator both rounds with Surfer winning it for his team as Hulk is way out of his league.

BRAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator and Thor get smashed on..

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Well Team 2 definitely win Round 2 as Surfer can definitely solo without morals holding him back. As for Round 1 though, that genuinely could go either way IMO. Surfer won't be going all out, Thor will be more willing to brawl like a drunkard and WWH can't go into WBH. That would be quite an interesting outcome IMO.

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By UberHulk

@hellionvulcan: That's not how it works in DC, despite what people think, and it's not how it works in Marvel either. Gladiator flies at a hundred times the speed of light, that doesn't mean his combat speed is FTL. He has blitzed opponents by flying but when he fights strong opponents he brawls. Hulk has taken his best shots and that Hulk was not as strong as this Hulk.

@ghostravage Thanks for the clarification.

@thedailybagel Noted.

MFrenzy11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator and Thor on the same team just sounds crazy team 1 for me

gav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2

Historically it's a good battle if all at "regular" power levels, except here Hulk is at WW levels, ergo team 2. If "regular" Hulk, it would be a toss up. All have fault each other before from both teams so it's pretty clear who will win.

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhulk said:

@hellionvulcan: That's not how it works in DC, despite what people think, and it's not how it works in Marvel either. Gladiator flies at a hundred times the speed of light, that doesn't mean his combat speed is FTL. He has blitzed opponents by flying but when he fights strong opponents he brawls. Hulk has taken his best shots and that Hulk was not as strong as this Hulk.

Gladiator is just as fast as the Surfer in reaction speed:

No Caption Provided

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No Caption Provided

Above, Gladiator (and the four scans prior to it) makes it clear that he is freely interacting with the FF who are moving about in a frozen time bubble. While the FF, Thor and Iron Man are doing it by Reed's doo hickies, Gladiator is doing it with his own speed. You have to be faster than the speed of light to move around in time.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By dum529001

@blackstaroblivion said:

@uberhulk said:

Gladiator is just as fast as the Surfer in reaction speed:

No Caption Provided

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No Caption Provided

Above, Gladiator (and the four scans prior to it) makes it clear that he is freely interacting with the FF who are moving about in a frozen time bubble. While the FF, Thor and Iron Man are doing it by Reed's doo hickies, Gladiator is doing it with his own speed. You have to be faster than the speed of light to move around in time.

Some people are just in denial cause they don't like the fact that one character, the Hulk, has no limits on every category such strength, speed and durabilty. He's a part of a handful of characters that are truly invincible(beside being able to be knocked out).

Stop making excuses.

A. People say "Hulk can only move fast when he jumps" but then Hulk smack downs objects and superhumans going at supersonic speeds.

And jumping is only about speed, not strength. its about outrunning how fast gravity pulls you down. Increasing in speed produces force.

B. They say Hulk "just isn't as fast as some characters" yet a strike from the limbs of the Hulk throws around many tons of earth to move at sonic or supersonic speed, the same as the shockwave of a nuclear explosion, showing that Hulk has no problem hurling things many time his mass at great speeds so obviously the speed which he throws his own body around for these powerful strikes is going to be far beyond sonic or supersonic speeds.

C. You have writers and characters who are scientist describe Hulk's speed. It made obvious that Hulk's strength is not product of increasing mass but increasing speed.

They say not mention physics in comicbook discussions but the idea of measuring speed, which is how much movement through space in done in a unit of time, is PHYSICS because it pertains to the real things of the physical world.

If you're going to use physics only for things (and characters) that you feel like using it for then you're just being a hypocrite no matter how you try to rationalize it.

Aatroxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Team 1.
Round 2: Team 2.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hulk and surfer after a good fight.

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By UberHulk

@dum529001: You are missing the point completely. Who said Gladiator had slow combat speed? No one. It's DC fanboys who think blitzing is a big deal, in the MU it isn't. Hulk can run at several hundred MPH. So what? No one said he's Quicksilver, he certainly isn't as fast as Gladiator. It doesn't matter. In the MU the emphasis is on raw power and durability, not speed.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By termiteone4ever

Round 1 . Depending who is facing who . Could go ether way .

Round 2 . Team 1 for sure. Flight is important in battles like these. Silver surfer is going to have a hard time with Thor . We all know Surfer is vulnerable to magic also .

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48  Edited By NighThunder

1: team 2 after a hard fight

2: either could reasonably solo.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 thedailybagel  Moderator

Team 2

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some people are just in denial cause they don't like the fact that one character, the Hulk, has no limits on every category such strength, speed and durabilty. He's a part of a handful of characters that are truly invincible(beside being able to be knocked out).

Stop making excuses.

A. People say "Hulk can only move fast when he jumps" but then Hulk smack downs objects and superhumans going at supersonic speeds.

And jumping is only about speed, not strength. its about outrunning how fast gravity pulls you down. Increasing in speed produces force.

In battle forum discussions, you can't just make assertions without a basis in the character's continuity. As well, I could see people saying Hulk has no limits to his strength (although there are no feats to support this idea), but speed? Nah. Speed really is not one of the Hulk's highlighted super powers. Durability depends on the writer. One comic shows Hulk getting his hand melted by Gladiator's heat vision and another shows him withstanding a combined "nova" blast from Torch (millions of degrees as I recall...) and Storm with an immense lightning strike. The Hulk is far from invincible.

No excuses being made (not sure what you're referring to).

I've seen ambiguous feats of Hulk catching missiles for example, yet in the same scan being tagged by others. As far as I am aware, Hulk does not have super speed. And he most certainly does not have speed on par with the likes of Gladiator who is immensely fast.

B. They say Hulk "just isn't as fast as some characters" yet a strike from the limbs of the Hulk throws around many tons of earth to move at sonic or supersonic speed, the same as the shockwave of a nuclear explosion, showing that Hulk has no problem hurling things many time his mass at great speeds so obviously the speed which he throws his own body around for these powerful strikes is going to be far beyond sonic or supersonic speeds.

Hmmm. I understand the inferences you're drawing but disagree. Super speed is not one of Hulk's power sets. And sonic and super sonic speeds are no where near faster than light speeds. I mean even if I agreed Hulk was a mach level to bullet timer in terms of reaction speed, this falls woefully short of superluminal reaction speeds.

said:

C. You have writers and characters who are scientist describe Hulk's speed. It made obvious that Hulk's strength is not product of increasing mass but increasing speed.

They say not mention physics in comicbook discussions but the idea of measuring speed, which is how much movement through space in done in a unit of time, is PHYSICS because it pertains to the real things of the physical world.

If you're going to use physics only for things (and characters) that you feel like using it for then you're just being a hypocrite no matter how you try to rationalize it.

A lot of writer's read up on different subjects to add the element of suspension of disbelief...to make the stories seem more believable. And that's fine. But I have read nothing that really clearly indicates that Hulk has super speed worth mentioning. As a general rule, I leave real world science out of comic book discussions. I don't have a problem with it as long as it doesn't clearly contradict the feat, but they rarely harmonize with comic book feats.