Ooooh, opening up a can of worms here, with Maj & BA lol

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By MrDirector786

Majestic solos in both rounds. And by that, I mean he kills the other team and his own partner.

Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Achilles.

-Round 1: Glads and Majestic 
-Round 2: Supes and Black Adam

mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By mattek
@MrDirector786 said:
" Majestic solos in both rounds. And by that, I mean he kills the other team and his own partner. "
Reasons and validation of the statement?
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

1. Majestic and Gladiator  
 2. Superman and BA unless Maj has access to his gear than Team 1 wins again

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By MrDirector786
@mattek said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
" Majestic solos in both rounds. And by that, I mean he kills the other team and his own partner. "
Reasons and validation of the statement? "
I've seen Majestic move around planets and moons and even parts of suns without too much trouble. Superman can barely move a planet nowadays. Black Adam is stronger than Superman, but I doubt he's as strong as Majestic. And Gladiator isn't as strong as any of the other three.
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mattek

I disagree. Gladiator's busted a planet in about 5 punches. Black Adam and Superman have 0 feats comparable IIRC. Gladiator's low showings are due to PIS.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By difficlus

Majestic solo both sounds and wins in a stomp, Superman had trouble moving 1/3 earth, Majestic was casually moving Jupiter and moved another sun into the solar system...

mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mattek
@difficlus said:

" Majestic solo both sounds and wins in a stomp, Superman had trouble moving 1/3 earth, Majestic was casually moving Jupiter and moved another sun into the solar system... "

Pushing planets has nothing to do with combat. If this was a planet pushing contest, sure, Majestic may solo. But it's not a planet pushing contest. Wildstorm Captain Atom has stated Superman hits harder than Majestic which actually has something to do with fighting, which is what this is : a fight. While I agree Majestic would beat Superman in a 1v1, Majestic could not solo Superman and Black Adam. Majestic has had troubles with Maul and other characters much less versatile than Superman.
Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mortein  Online
@difficlus said:
" Majestic was casually moving Jupiter and moved another sun into the solar system... "
do you have a scans ?
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By sexy_merc

Maj with prep is way too overkill. He solos in less than a second. He solos round 2 as well.

mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mattek
@Sexy Merc said:
"He solos round 2 as well. "
Based on the fact that he doesn't hit harder than superman? Let's get some examples to base your opinion on.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sexy_merc
@mattek said:

" @Sexy Merc said:

Based on the fact that he doesn't hit harder than superman? Let's get some examples to base your opinion on. "
What are you basing that he doesn't hit harder than Superman on. He was smacking Captain Atom around hard.
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mattek
@Sexy Merc said:

" @mattek said:

" @Sexy Merc said:

Based on the fact that he doesn't hit harder than superman? Let's get some examples to base your opinion on. "
What are you basing that he doesn't hit harder than Superman on. He was smacking Captain Atom around hard. "
And Captain Atom said that he doesn't hit as hard as Superman. Are you trying to dispute what the comic itself says? Also - Eradicator was busting Majestic's ribs until Majestic reprogrammed his suit with his vision. Eradicator. That's now a very good durability feat if you ask me.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sexy_merc
@mattek said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" @mattek said:

" @Sexy Merc said:

What are you basing that he doesn't hit harder than Superman on. He was smacking Captain Atom around hard. "
And Captain Atom said that he doesn't hit as hard as Superman. Are you trying to dispute what the comic itself says? "
Superman has never manhandled Eradicator and Atom like Maj has. Based on feats and showings, Atom is wrong.
Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

I guess you just solved the only way for Gladiator to beat either one of team two....by having someone else solo. lol

mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mattek
@Sexy Merc said:

" @mattek said:

" @Sexy Merc said:

" @mattek said:

" @Sexy Merc said:

And Captain Atom said that he doesn't hit as hard as Superman. Are you trying to dispute what the comic itself says? "
Superman has never manhandled Eradicator and Atom like Maj has. Based on feats and showings, Atom is wrong. "
 How can you argue with the comic itself? Atom is not wrong. You are wrong. That's like arguing with a ford car manual when it says your exhaust is located at the back of the car. You can't pick and choose what's right and what's wrong in a comic. The comic and the writers do that for us. If it's bad writing, too bad so sad. It happened and it counts.
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

#19  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@mattek said:
" @Sexy Merc said:

" @mattek said:

" @Sexy Merc said:

And Captain Atom said that he doesn't hit as hard as Superman. Are you trying to dispute what the comic itself says? Also - Eradicator was busting Majestic's ribs until Majestic reprogrammed his suit with his vision. Eradicator. That's now a very good durability feat if you ask me. "
Captain Atom has never been hit by either of them throwing out their most powerful punch and I don't see any reason why he'd be able to accurately measure the strength of people hitting him months (or years) apart even if he had, not to mention that just coming into the WSU, Atom had the Void's power in him and from what we've seen that only ever makes people better. As for Eradicator, he didn't do any damage to Majestic. Majestic said that Eradicator (in fortress mode) was now able to hurt him. After increasing his physical power he was only then able to break one of the weakest bones in Majestic's body and he didn't even get to do that because Majestic stopped playing with him. Regardless of Majestic's strength (though how you disregard him moving planets and having to go to extra lengths to not break them on accident, yet base strength on one comment about a single punch that the commenter is not informed enough to make, is beyond me), he carries swords that can easily cut through either of his opponent's and he's been using bladed weapons for thousands of years. Wouldn't be hard for him to kill any of his opponents.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By King_Saturn
Majestic and Gladiator would win... on the strength of Majestic might... 
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mattek
@Buckshot said:

" @mattek said:

" @Sexy Merc said:

" @mattek said:

" @Sexy Merc said:

And Captain Atom said that he doesn't hit as hard as Superman. Are you trying to dispute what the comic itself says? Also - Eradicator was busting Majestic's ribs until Majestic reprogrammed his suit with his vision. Eradicator. That's now a very good durability feat if you ask me. "
Captain Atom has never been hit by either of them throwing out their most powerful punch and I don't see any reason why he'd be able to accurately measure the strength of people hitting him months (or years) apart even if he had, not to mention that just coming into the WSU, Atom had the Void's power in him and from what we've seen that only ever makes people better. As for Eradicator, he didn't do any damage to Majestic. Majestic said that Eradicator (in fortress mode) was now able to hurt him. After increasing his physical power he was only then able to break one of the weakest bones in Majestic's body and he didn't even get to do that because Majestic stopped playing with him. Regardless of Majestic's strength (though how you disregard him moving planets and having to go to extra lengths to not break them on accident, yet base strength on one comment about a single punch that the commenter is not informed enough to make, is beyond me), he carries swords that can easily cut through either of his opponent's and he's been using bladed weapons for thousands of years. Wouldn't be hard for him to kill any of his opponents. "
I've never disregarded the planet pushing feats at all. I said they're not combat feats. Which they are not. Majestic has had troubles with Spartan is the recent past. While I agree Majestic could take Superman or Black Adam in a 1 on 1, I completely disagree that he could solo this match. He doesn't have the combat feats to prove he can do so. 

People are also saying Gladiator is the weakest here. Gladiator has easily crumbled a planet into chunks of rock in a few punches which puts him close to Majestic with that alone. Gladiator angry has ripped people in half and coated the walls with their blood. Team 1 definitely wins, but Majestic doesn't solo.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@mattek said:
I've never disregarded the planet pushing feats at all. I said they're not combat feats. Which they are not. Majestic has had troubles with Spartan is the recent past. While I agree Majestic could take Superman or Gladiator in a 1 on 1, I completely disagree that he could solo this match. He doesn't have the combat feats to prove he can do so. Gladiator has easily crumbled a planet into chunks of rock in a few punches which puts him close to Majestic. Gladiator angry has ripped people in half and coated the walls with their blood. With Superman in there Majestic can not solo the fight. "
Majestic only had trouble with Spartan when he was amped up on Void juice and I'm struggling to recall the proper order, but I'm pretty sure that was after Majestic walked out an explosion and took on a few dozen Spartan constructs and resisted psychic takeover by several daemonites. I don't think he fought him fresh and had a hard time. Since then Majestic has faced Spartan (backed by the Wildcats, including Maul) and has manhandled him. As for Maul, he let Maul hit him full on in his face and didn't move, then he knocked Maul through a building. In a later fight with Spartan he went through two of his bodies like they were nothing. I don't see why having the strength to move planets and crush them in his bare hands isn't a "combat feat" while Gladiator punching a planet is. From the looks of it, it would take Majestic far less effort to do the same. And why is Gladiator ripping someone apart a combat feat? Because it's vicious? That doesn't make him a better fighter. Majestic is superior to Superman when it comes to intelligence, strength and fighting ability. It would take almost no effort for him to cut Superman's head off and then do the same to Black Adam (a little harder since BA is a little better than Supes in those areas). Maj could solo.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@mattek said:
 Gladiator has easily crumbled a planet into chunks of rock in a few punches which puts him close to Majestic with that alone. Gladiator angry has ripped people in half and coated the walls with their blood. Team 1 definitely wins, but Majestic doesn't solo. "
Majestic almost broke a planet on accident. Gladiator had to punch it a bunch of times in a rage. That's not the same level of strength.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By Static Shock
@mattek said:
" Captain Atom has stated Superman hits harder than Majestic which actually has something to do with fighting, which is what this is : a fight.
Majestic wasn't going all out there, and Captain Atom has never been hit by Superman's punches. At the same time, Captain Atom cannot accurately measure Majestic's strength in comparison to Superman (and he was obviously showing favoritism for Superman, as well) based on how hard they punch.  
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@Static Shock said:
" @mattek said:
" Captain Atom has stated Superman hits harder than Majestic which actually has something to do with fighting, which is what this is : a fight.
Majestic wasn't going all out there, and Captain Atom has never been hit by Superman's punches. At the same time, Captain Atom cannot accurately measure Majestic's strength in comparison to Superman (and he was obviously showing favoritism for Superman, as well) based on how hard they punch.   "
Thanks for showing up. I have homework I need to do but I can't leave the vine while there are active threads with WSU characters. It's a sickness.
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mattek
@Buckshot said:
" @mattek said:
 Gladiator has easily crumbled a planet into chunks of rock in a few punches which puts him close to Majestic with that alone. Gladiator angry has ripped people in half and coated the walls with their blood. Team 1 definitely wins, but Majestic doesn't solo. "
Majestic almost broke a planet on accident. Gladiator had to punch it a bunch of times in a rage. That's not the same level of strength. "
Not even close. Show me the scan please. From what I know, Majestic has to use a lot of strength to move those planets which is why he wore the gloves; To prevent himself from barreling through the planets core. It's not like he's being careful when he moves the planets. He's exerting himself. Gladiator and superman have also both flown through stars where Majestic had to harden his molecular structure in order to survive.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Static Shock
@Buckshot: LOL. You're welcome. Might as well stay a while.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FinalStar86

Gladiator is practically useless in this fight, he wouldn't last long against either of team 2
Majestic solos though

CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CosmicSpiral

Funny thing: no one who uses the Gladiator "planet-smashing" feat actually notes the size of the so-called "planet" he was hitting. 

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30  Edited By Erik

Majestic. 

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Static Shock
@mattek said:
"  How can you argue with the comic itself? Atom is not wrong. You are wrong.
Based on the fact that Atom has never been punched by Superman and doesn't really know how strong Superman is, his opinion of Majestic in comparison to Superman is wrong. He's just saying that because he's more familiar with Superman than with Majestic. 

Based on showings, Majestic is clearly stronger than Superman. Because Atom never fought Superman in a real fight, his opinion is attributed to ignorance and he has no credibility to compare the two of them.
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mattek
@CosmicSpiral said:
" Funny thing: no one who uses the Gladiator "planet-smashing" feat actually notes the size of the so-called "planet" he was hitting.  "
The panel shows the size. It was by far the largest planet in the picture.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@mattek: Where's the panel? That doesn't tell me anything. It might as well be the largest asteroid in a picture full of asteroids. 
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Static Shock
@mattek said:
"The panel shows the size. It was by far the largest planet in the picture. "
That's because the other planets were farther away from it. LOL.

mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mattek
@Static Shock said:

" @mattek said:

That's because the other planets were farther away from it. LOL.   "
No it wasn't. lol. There was about 2 closer than it.

@CosmicSpiral

said:

" @mattek: Where's the panel? That doesn't tell me anything. It might as well be the largest asteroid in a picture full of asteroids.  "

You haven't seen the panel? Why are you debating again?
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@mattek said:
" @Buckshot said:
" @mattek said:
Majestic almost broke a planet on accident. Gladiator had to punch it a bunch of times in a rage. That's not the same level of strength. "
Not even close. Show me the scan please. From what I know, Majestic has to use a lot of strength to move those planets which is why he wore the gloves; To prevent himself from barreling through the planets core. It's not like he's being careful when he moves the planets. He's exerting himself. Gladiator and superman have also both flown through stars where Majestic had to harden his molecular structure in order to survive. "
Majestic explained that he needs the gloves so they don't break under their own weight when he applies force to them. So if he weren't wearing the gloves, when he came into contact with the planet hoping to move it, it would broken up on accident. Gladiator got mad a smashed up some random planet. Not looking at the page now, but people keep saying it so I will too, Majestic solidified Jupiter and moved it. And yes, he did have to be careful moving the planets. He said that himself. He had to do it in such a way that it would mess up certain balances and so people on Earth wouldn't know what he was doing. Rearranging a solar system isn't something you do randomly, it took a lot of planning and care. Flying through stars and chilling in one for a couple weeks aren't the same thing. Yes, Majestic protected himself, so what? He was there for a while and his system may not be durable to that form of damage. Doesn't mean he can't easily cut off any of his opponent's heads.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@mattek: I've seen every panel but the initial one right before Gladiator starts hitting it. Just post the initial picture. 
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Static Shock
@mattek said:
"To prevent himself from barreling through the planets core. It's not like he's being careful when he moves the planets. He's exerting himself.
He was being careful here, though.

No Caption Provided

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Static Shock
@mattek said:
" No it wasn't. lol. There was about 2 closer than it. 
Post the scan here. Let me see it.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@Static Shock said:
" @mattek said:
That's because the other planets were farther away from it. LOL.   "
lol
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mattek
@CosmicSpiral said:

" @mattek: I've seen every panel but the initial one right before Gladiator starts hitting it. Just post the initial picture.  "

Correction. 3 Planets before the one he's headed to. 

http://img367.imageshack.us/f/destroyingworld1wl5.jpg/  

The planet was obviously massive. 

And if Superman's heat vision is hotter than a star how is Majestic going to survive that if he can't even survive in a star on his own?
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By FinalStar86
@CosmicSpiral: It also stated that it was a lifeless rock so it probably wasn't very dense in composition.  A planet made out of paper machete.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Static Shock
@mattek: The planets that appear to be smaller are farther away from it.
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By mattek
@FinalStar86 said:

" @CosmicSpiral: It also stated that it was a lifeless rock so it probably wasn't very dense in composition.  A planet made out of paper machete. "

As you can see from the scan provided the planet was solid. But since he's not a DC character it'snot a valid feat right?
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By FinalStar86

No Caption Provided
So..where does it say that it's solid exactly?  It says that it's lifeless and that it's been there for a long time which would mean it's been withering away.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46  Edited By Erik
@mattek said:
" @FinalStar86 said:

" @CosmicSpiral: It also stated that it was a lifeless rock so it probably wasn't very dense in composition.  A planet made out of paper machete. "

As you can see from the scan provided the planet was solid. But since he's not a DC character it'snot a valid feat right? "
Those are not planets, they are moons and other orbital satellites. 
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Static Shock
@mattek: Of course it was solid, but the scan stated it was lifeless. So, it may not have been as dense. It has nothing to do with being a Marvel character.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@mattek: I cannot see how you can defend that assertion.  

@Static Shock: It makes sense due to the 'desaturation' scale of the planets, but the picture itself is pretty bereft of context. 
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Static Shock
@CosmicSpiral: I agree.
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mattek
@erik said:

" @mattek said:

" @FinalStar86 said:

As you can see from the scan provided the planet was solid. But since he's not a DC character it'snot a valid feat right? "
Those are not planets, they are moons and other orbital satellites.  "
Where does it say that? Assuming are we? 

@FinalStar86

said:

"

No Caption Provided
So..where does it say that it's solid exactly?  It says that it's lifeless and that it's been there for a long time which would mean it's been withering away. "

Are you blind? Simply look at the picture. You'd probably argue that Wolverine's costume is red if I said it was yellow. 

Why can't any of you just look at the comic panel and accept what you see and what is shown? Instead you come up with ludicrous explanations that are obviously made up. Every single planet Majestic moved was lifeless. Every single one, but that's not going to be used against him now it is it? Is it because he's appeared in DC? - I'd think so considering DC's ass is kissed more on this site than any site I've ever been on. Every time it involves a Marvel character the same crown jumps in and discredits everything about the feat. Sad.

I know that team 1 wins both, but where is the common sense from you guys?