Giganta   
Giganta
Giganta

vs 

Ms. Marvel  
Ms. Marvel
Ms. Marvel

Scenario: 

-Washington, DC. Midday. The city is populated. Giganta is on a rampage and tearing up the city. Ms. Marvel has been contacted by Steve Rogers to take her down.  
-Morals are on for Carol and off for Giganta.  
-Current versions of each. 
-Carol can not access her Binary abilities.

Can Ms. Marvel take down one of Wonder woman's most dangerous foes?
IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By IZZR

Giganta would own her

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@IZZR said:
Giganta would own her

Reasons?
IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By IZZR
@Jake Fury said:
@IZZR said:
Giganta would own her
Reasons?
Giganta is another ballpark she trades blows with Wonder Woman carol can not hack that sort of power.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@IZZR said:
@Jake Fury said:
@IZZR said:
Giganta would own her
Reasons?
Giganta is another ballpark she trades blows with Wonder Woman carol can not hack that sort of power.

She's also been hurt by attacks that are far less powerful than Wonder Woman's.
IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By IZZR
@Jake Fury said:
@IZZR said:
@Jake Fury said:
@IZZR said:
Giganta would own her
Reasons?
Dude read your own OP not only would Giganta kill her even if Carol had full use of all her powers but you put morals on for her and took Gigantas morals off this is a megastomp super spite
Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Ms. Marvel is a poor man's Wonder Woman.  
Though, the ephemeral argument is basically that Giganta does fight WW sure... and loses. Badly.  Though she does soak WW level blows which is in and of itself quite impressive.
Does Ms. Marvel have the UMPH to hurt Giganta? Outside of PIS? Doubtful. 
Giganta takes easy majority here IMO due to durability. And if

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@IZZR said:
@Jake Fury said:
@IZZR said:
@Jake Fury said:
@IZZR said:
Giganta would own her
Reasons?
Dude read your own OP not only would Giganta kill her even if Carol had full use of all her powers but you put morals on for her and took Gigantas morals off this is a megastomp super spite

Carol fights all of her battles with morals on. I can psot scans of Giganta being hurt by Black Canary. Her durability isn't that impressive.
IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By IZZR
@Jake Fury said:
@IZZR said:
@Jake Fury said:
@IZZR said:
@Jake Fury said:
@IZZR said:
Giganta would own her
Reasons?
Carol fights all of her battles with morals on. I can psot scans of Giganta being hurt by Black Canary. Her durability isn't that impressive.
Thats PIS and canarys scream has been shown to hurt a lot of powerful metahumans
Avatar image for marveljackass433
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By MarvelJackAss433
@IZZR: That makes it NOT PIS

If it does it consistently,we have to accept it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MarvelJackAss433 said:
@IZZR: That makes it NOT PIS  If it does it consistently,we have to accept it.

@IZZR: 

MJA summed it up perfectly. It wasn't her scream either.
AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#13  Edited By AssertingValor

ms marvel  via binary.........

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ebuchanan

No Binary upgrades for Carol.
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By czarny_samael666

All these super-sized people like Pym don't impress me to much. A specially  after some issue of Avengers:Initiative in which Taskmaster owned one (current Ant-Man from Secret Avengers?).

Their size makes them vulnerable. A specially against well-trained soldiers who knows were they should punch to make bigger pain. 
Carol also has energy blasts, so she would be able to (for example) blast her in the eye. Besides, I don't see Giganta hitting Carol. I just don't see these kind of people (when they aren't Celestials, Galactus, etc.) as a really dangerous to small groups/indyvidualls.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16  Edited By Zoom
@czarny_samael said:
All these super-sized people like Pym don't impress me to much. A specially  after some issue of Avengers:Initiative in which Taskmaster owned one (current Ant-Man from Secret Avengers?).  Their size makes them vulnerable. A specially against well-trained soldiers who knows were they should punch to make bigger pain.  Carol also has energy blasts, so she would be able to (for example) blast her in the eye. Besides, I don't see Giganta hitting Carol. I just don't see these kind of people (when they aren't Celestials, Galactus, etc.) as a really dangerous to small groups/indyvidualls.
Your opinion is noted and dismissed, as usual. 

Giganta is so much stronger than Pym, Antman and Stature that she could KO any of them with a flick to the temple.  She could outmuscle all three at once with no trouble.  Taskmaster's shield would bounce right off her. 

You can say you don't see Giganta hitting Carol but she tags Wonder Woman, who is plenty fast and it has been stated that she has minor superhuman speed.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Zoom
@MarvelJackAss433 said:
@IZZR: That makes it NOT PIS  If it does it consistently,we have to accept it.
No, it's PIS because Giganta shrugs off attacks from Blue Beetle and takes punches from a pissed off Wonder Woman. 

Giganta being hurt by Black Canary is silly.
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Giganta was fast enough to grab Wonder Woman too was she not? 
She topples skyscrapers and soaks some very impressive damage ... Ms. Marvel is tough, but like I said, I believe she is a poor man's Wonder Woman. She doesn't have the proxy to put Giganta down.
HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By HolySerpent

gigantor

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giganta
EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By EpitomeofCool

giganta ftw...

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By nefarious

Giganta should win.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Zoom said:
@czarny_samael said:
All these super-sized people like Pym don't impress me to much. A specially  after some issue of Avengers:Initiative in which Taskmaster owned one (current Ant-Man from Secret Avengers?).  Their size makes them vulnerable. A specially against well-trained soldiers who knows were they should punch to make bigger pain.  Carol also has energy blasts, so she would be able to (for example) blast her in the eye. Besides, I don't see Giganta hitting Carol. I just don't see these kind of people (when they aren't Celestials, Galactus, etc.) as a really dangerous to small groups/indyvidualls.
Your opinion is noted and dismissed, as usual.   Giganta is so much stronger than Pym, Antman and Stature that she could KO any of them with a flick to the temple.  She could outmuscle all three at once with no trouble.  Taskmaster's shield would bounce right off her.  You can say you don't see Giganta hitting Carol but she tags Wonder Woman, who is plenty fast and it has been stated that she has minor superhuman speed.
And You are starting flamewar as usual. Which brings me only one word about You.
Belphegor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Belphegor

Giganta puts Ms. Marvel in her mouth and swallows.

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By IcePrince_X

Ms. Marvel... wins.  
I see her burning up from Ms. Marvels blasts or even being pulled out in outerspace in Mach-3 speed.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Super_SoldierXII said:
Giganta was fast enough to grab Wonder Woman too was she not? She topples skyscrapers and soaks some very impressive damage ... Ms. Marvel is tough, but like I said, I believe she is a poor man's Wonder Woman. She doesn't have the proxy to put Giganta down.
I don't know if you want to say that she was fast enough to do it or whether she simply did it because she was fighting Wonder Woman.If i'm not mistake Giganta doesn't have superhuman speed or reflexes.Which honestly in a comic you don't actually NEED to grab Wonder Woman.I'm sure you're aware ALL of her rogues aren't as fast as she is or even anywhere near it, correct?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Belphegor said:
Giganta puts Ms. Marvel in her mouth and swallows.
I honestly believe that would hurt Giganta more than it does Ms.Marvel because at that point morals would be off and just because she's in Giganta's mouth doesn't mean she dies.Ms.Marvel could cause some complications in there with her energy projection.
armylife1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By armylife1124

Giganta is one of those people that always lose, not gonna change here, Ms Marvel finds a way to knock her down for the count, Giganta would knock her around some, but Carol is a underated fighter and would topple the giant!!

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@Vance Astro said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Giganta was fast enough to grab Wonder Woman too was she not? She topples skyscrapers and soaks some very impressive damage ... Ms. Marvel is tough, but like I said, I believe she is a poor man's Wonder Woman. She doesn't have the proxy to put Giganta down.

I don't know if you want to say that she was fast enough to do it or whether she simply did it because she was fighting Wonder Woman.If i'm not mistake Giganta doesn't have superhuman speed or reflexes.Which honestly in a comic you don't actually NEED to grab Wonder Woman.I'm sure you're aware ALL of her rogues aren't as fast as she is or even anywhere near it, correct?

Most aren't going to outrace her to the moon no ... but on panel they sure seem to evidence the reflexes necessary to either tag her, grab her or, in Giganta's case, both. Strikes me that's a superhuman reflex speed feat for Giganta; unless you're suggesting Wonder Woman 'lets' these opponents hit her out of the kindness of her heart? If your answer to this is no, then Giganta probably hits WW cuz she's pretty darn fast. If you can to call it PIS feel free... thought the consistency of  the feat seems to show otherwise.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Super_SoldierXII said:           
Most aren't going to outrace her to the moon no ... but on panel they sure seem to evidence the reflexes necessary to either tag her, grab her or, in Giganta's case, both. Strikes me that's a superhuman reflex speed feat for Giganta; unless you're suggesting Wonder Woman 'lets' these opponents hit her out of the kindness of her heart? If your answer to this is no, then Giganta probably hits WW cuz she's pretty darn fast. If you can to call it PIS feel free... thought the consistency of  the feat seems to show otherwise.
I'm not suggesting that Wonder Woman lets her opponents hit her.I'm suggesting the writers do so the fight won't be one sided thus making the comic boring and pointless.I'm not calling it PIS,that's just how comics are written.There are characters whose physical stats in the realm of speed that are factually lower than that of others yet they are still able to hit them.I use this alot but it works...If speed was EVER written how it was supposed to half of Spider-Man villains wouldn't even be able to touch him.Same goes for alot of characters.Just because something is consistent doesn't make it law.
Belphegor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Belphegor
@Vance Astro: Ms. Marvel could attack any organs while she is in there. Maybe, the heart if bloodlusted shows.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Zoom
@czarny_samael said:
@Zoom said:
@czarny_samael said:
Your opinion is noted and dismissed, as usual.   Giganta is so much stronger than Pym, Antman and Stature that she could KO any of them with a flick to the temple.  She could outmuscle all three at once with no trouble.  Taskmaster's shield would bounce right off her.  You can say you don't see Giganta hitting Carol but she tags Wonder Woman, who is plenty fast and it has been stated that she has minor superhuman speed.
And You are starting flamewar as usual. Which brings me only one word about You.
No, I'm out debating you as usual.  You brought up points.  I explained why you're wrong.
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Zoom said:
@czarny_samael said:
@Zoom said:
@czarny_samael said:
No, I'm out debating you as usual.  You brought up points.  I explained why you're wrong.
No, You're starting a flamewar - as usual. You never starts a debate with me, You're insulting me or starting flamewar in other way from the beginning. 

Besides, fighting with fast person doesn't mean that fighter is fast. Catching Wonder Woman, is not a feat that means anyting, until You can tell how fast Wonder Woman was moving on the moment.
Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Aero_gt

Giganta wins... Facts: Ms. Marvel is no Wonder Woman even on her best days. Hank Pym, Stature, and Ant-man together are still nothing to Giganta.Giganta is also SUPER STRONG. Giganta take lots of strikes from Wonderwoman, Ms. Marvel isn't near as strong as Diana is.  Giganta can grab and hit Wonderwoman even at her speeds, Ms.Marvel is no where near as fast as Diana. Morals are on for Carol, but Off for Giganta. One side is working to just beat the other while trying not to die, while the other side is free to kill her in the best or worst means possible. Giganta can grab and strike Carol this is true.  Giganta can tank a regular attack from Carol.  

Opionion: If Giganta were to eat her, she should be strong enough to crush her(Carol) with her teeth and then digest her without a problem. Who eats without chewing their food?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Aero_gt said:

Giganta wins... Facts: Ms. Marvel is no Wonder Woman even on her best days. Hank Pym, Stature, and Ant-man together are still nothing to Giganta.Giganta is also SUPER STRONG. Giganta take lots of strikes from Wonderwoman, Ms. Marvel isn't near as strong as Diana is.  Giganta can grab and hit Wonderwoman even at her speeds, Ms.Marvel is no where near as fast as Diana. Morals are on for Carol, but Off for Giganta. One side is working to just beat the other while trying not to die, while the other side is free to kill her in the best or worst means possible. Giganta can grab and strike Carol this is true.  Giganta can tank a regular attack from Carol.   Opionion: If Giganta were to eat her, she should be strong enough to crush her(Carol) with her teeth and then digest her without a problem. Who eats without chewing their food?

While it's a fact that Ms.Marvel is no Wonder Woman..neither is Giganta.It seems like we're giving Giganta props here for getting pummeled? She's not really a match for Diana.Every meeting is a guaranteed win for Wonder Woman unless a plot device is involved.Ms.Marvel isn't anywhere near as strong as Wonder Woman but neither is Giganta she just happens to be alot stronger than Marvel's size alteration characters.Giganta grabbing Wonder Woman doesn't have anything to do with speed.Growing doesn't alter Giganta's speed.She's no faster than a normal woman at normal size and the same applies to when she's at max size.Giganta is frequent fight for Wonder Woman so obviously DC writers aren't going to let Giganta NOT hit her.So Ms.Marvel wouldn't have to be as fast as Diana to not be touched.Ms.Marvel would barely have to hit her as well.Depending on the environment she can rip down some power lines and charge herself up giving her enough fire power blow right through Giganta like she did that Giant Skrull in Secret Invasion.
mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36  Edited By mark5

Miss marvel 6/10 using her brains.

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Aero_gt
@Vance Astro: Well technically this is a comic book fight and if it's written consistentely that Giganta tags Wonderwoman given her feats then It should apply to this fight of a "poor man's Wonder woman" vs a giant chick with some decent feats. Morals still being off Giganta can do whatever she pleases to her foe. Ms.Marvel can try hitting her, but the attack has to be comparable to Wonder woman esque levels which in this fight is highly unlikely. Giganta wins 9/10. 
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Aero_gt said:
@Vance Astro: Well technically this is a comic book fight and if it's written consistentely that Giganta tags Wonderwoman given her feats then It should apply to this fight of a "poor man's Wonder woman" vs a giant chick with some decent feats. Morals still being off Giganta can do whatever she pleases to her foe. Ms.Marvel can try hitting her, but the attack has to be comparable to Wonder woman esque levels which in this fight is highly unlikely. Giganta wins 9/10. 
This is a comic fight but it's not happening in a comic.There are not writers in battle forums.Tagging Wonder Woman isn't a feat for Giganta.Wonder Woman doesn't have that many villains that are actually fast enough to do anything to her.The writers just let them get off hits because otherwise the fight would be pointless and they can't give EVERY character superhuman speed because there would be no variety.Giganta is no faster than any other woman.She only tags Wonder Woman by the conditions of the comic.This isn't a comic it's a battle forum.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Zoom
@czarny_samael said:
No, You're starting a flamewar - as usual. You never starts a debate with me, You're insulting me or starting flamewar in other way from the beginning.   Besides, fighting with fast person doesn't mean that fighter is fast. Catching Wonder Woman, is not a feat that means anyting, until You can tell how fast Wonder Woman was moving on the moment.
Just because your feelings are hurt doesn't change the fact that all your points are easily countered with even the tiny amount of evidence we have on Giganta's powers. 

Fighting a fast person does not mean that a fighter is fast.  A character being stated to have super speed means that fighter is fast.  This is the case for Giganta.
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By odinforce

How strong is Giganta?

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Zoom

We don't know.  She seems to be strong enough to hurt Wonder Woman and she's held Wonder Woman against her will after grabbing her. 

So...stronger than Carol but there's a pretty big window and we can't be that sure where Giganta falls into because half her appearances are just group shots in JLA/crossover books and the other half of her modern appearances are like 2 page fights with Wonder Woman....which totals to like 8 modern appearances.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Zoom said:
Fighting a fast person does not mean that a fighter is fast.  A character being stated to have super speed means that fighter is fast.  This is the case for Giganta.
Read what Vance Astro wrote. I completly agree with him.

Hulk has super speed, but punching Surfer wouldn't mean that he is even close to Surfer's speed.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Zoom said:
  A character being stated to have super speed means that fighter is fast.  This is the case for Giganta.
It was stated Giganta has super speed? Where? Or am I reading this wrong?
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By pooty

Ms. Marvel wins

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#45  Edited By AssertingValor

Ms. marvel still...............
not2baad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#46  Edited By not2baad

Ms. Marvel wins 

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Zoom
@Vance Astro said:
@Zoom said:
  A character being stated to have super speed means that fighter is fast.  This is the case for Giganta.
It was stated Giganta has super speed? Where? Or am I reading this wrong?
An issue of Blue Beetle. 

In fairness, I may be overestimating the intelligence of the character who said she had super speed.
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#48  Edited By Outside_85

Giganta is just big, Ms. Marvel knocks her over.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Zoom

Big and significantly stronger and tougher than Ms. Marvel..... 

We're not talking about Stature, here.

--Anubis--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50  Edited By --Anubis--

Ms. Marvel wins. She just needs to blast giganta from a safe distance