fight takes place in Africa both have military bases in Africa

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By owie  Moderator

I'm assuming you mean SHIELD? Comic book versions?

I'd lean toward GI Joe. They have a larger number of members that are of a high level of quality and have done well against other high quality opponents.

SHIELD also has some high level operatives, but overall they're not as numerous--or at least we haven't seen them on panel.

Matching up the best members of each group, I'd say Snake Eyes is better than anyone who has ever been in SHIELD. The next level down from him, for instance Stalker, Beachhead, Scarlett, and Flint, are probably about as good as almost anyone in SHIELD. And GI Joe has very good strategic thinkers.

SHIELD has greater numbers, and probably better tech though.

However, GI Joe has managed to consistently defeat large COBRA armies with small teams, so I don't think the numbers will be too much of an issue. And GI Joe has reasonably good weapons. So I'll give them the advantage.

This could change a lot depending on the exact scenario though. But if we imagine a situation where they both have a base and try to destroy the other's base, I think GI Joe could infiltrate the SHIELD base and destroy it with a small team, while using the rest of their team to defend against the SHIELD attack force. SHIELD doesn't strike me as much of an infiltration team.

TheBane2890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By TheBane2890

G.I. Joe would destroy the Shield, whether it be The Shield of Justice, or the S.H.I.E.L.D.!

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

@Owie: You would pick Snake Eyes over Iron Man and Captain America?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_S.H.I.E.L.D._members

Edit: After reading through that list I'm convinced SHIELD wins this with minimal effort, especially if we are going with "everyone that's ever been a member" battle. In addition to guys I knew about (Iron Man, Cap), there's some crazy powerful people on that list. Quasar for example could easily solo GI Joe.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

Shield has operatives with actual super powers so that gives them the edge

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By owie  Moderator

@Moonchilde said:

@Owie: You would pick Snake Eyes over Iron Man and Captain America?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_S.H.I.E.L.D._members

Edit: After reading through that list I'm convinced SHIELD wins this with minimal effort, especially if we are going with "everyone that's ever been a member" battle. In addition to guys I knew about (Iron Man, Cap), there's some crazy powerful people on that list. Quasar for example could easily solo GI Joe.

I'm not including anyone like Cap or Iron Man as part of SHIELD. I'm assuming standard SHIELD agents, and leaders like Maria Hill. Otherwise it's obviously a stomp. The point of the battle seems to be soldiers vs soldiers.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By joshmightbe

@Owie: There are quite a few "Standard" Shield agents with super powers even if you remove Avengers from the equation.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By owie  Moderator

@joshmightbe said:

@Owie: There are quite a few "Standard" Shield agents with super powers even if you remove Avengers from the equation.

OK, like who? (That are current members.) That list is too long to comb through.

Again this is an issue with the OP. If we're talking every SHIELD member in the world, that's one thing. If we're talking about one randomly-personelled base, that's another.

@batfan2324: Could you clarify the OP to give more specifics, please? What kind of SHIELD members are we talking about?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By joshmightbe

@Owie: Abigail Brand

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By owie  Moderator

@joshmightbe said:

@Owie: Abigail Brand

Hm. I had the feeling that SWORD was separate from SHIELD. I have a vague memory of her recently telling off someone from SHIELD saying that s/he's not her boss. Although I see, looking around the wikis, that most list it as a SHIELD subdivision. Although some list it as possibly being separate. In any case, she's not amazingly powerful, nothing they couldn't handle.

GIJoe has actually fought super-powered opponents in the old TV show/animated movie, when they had all those Cobra-La creatures.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By joshmightbe

@Owie: Technically S.W.O.R.D. started as a subsidiary of S.H.I.E.L.D. and she was a member at the beginning so technically she was a Shield agent. She isn't the only super powered person to be a member though, not by far. Damn near every good guy in Marvel either currently is or has been a member of Shield at some point excluding the teenage heroes.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PrinceIMC

Fat Cobra was a member of SHIELD once. And he regenerated from being bitten in half even before he became an Immortal Weapon. I gotta say SHIELD wins this. G.I. Joe was originally going to be a special squad of SHIELD agents wasn't it?

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By owie  Moderator

@joshmightbe said:

@Owie: Technically S.W.O.R.D. started as a subsidiary of S.H.I.E.L.D. and she was a member at the beginning so technically she was a Shield agent. She isn't the only super powered person to be a member though, not by far. Damn near every good guy in Marvel either currently is or has been a member of Shield at some point excluding the teenage heroes.

Well I know but which ones are regular enough SHIELD agents to be really considered current full members of the organization in the sense that they'd take part in everyday stuff like a battle against some soldiers? I mean again, the OP is super vague so we have to interpret it, if we try to interpret it in such a way that it's anywhere close to an even battle, then we have to assume it's standard SHIELD agents/leaders. Some of those may have powers, but If it's every superhero in the world who's allied with SHIELD, then obviously it's a stomp. But if that was the case, obviously there would have been be no point in making the battle.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By joshmightbe

@Owie: Some of them pretty much only show up in Shield and Shield related comics so one would assume Shield is their whole thing.

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Matchstick

This op needs to be a bit more specific.  If your counting all people that have every been members of SHIELD then this is an obvious stomp.  If it's just the Joes vs. standard SHIELD troops then the Joes stomp.

batfan2324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By batfan2324

it is just standard S.H.I.E.L.D. trops and all of the G.I. Joe trops, but S.H.I.L..E.D. has the Hellicarrier

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Funny since GI Joe was originally going to be a line of SHIELD action figures, before the deal with Marvel fell through. Anyway, I think SHIELD takes it

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By afueikawa

Shield. They have the Avengers.

Hulk Smash, Wrahhh!!

Puny GIs.

King_DJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok i know a lot of people are saying the Joes but if we are talking about the Marvel Agents of Shield I’m pretty sure May and Quake aka Daisy aka Sky can take on anyone from the Joes. Also Fitz and Simmons are way smarter than all the Joes combined, while Phil Coulson is a genius in battle strategy.