#1 Posted by mikemaximum (795 posts) - - Show Bio

Rules: The P5 do not receive a power upgrade upon defeat. No morals. Fight takes place in Times Square.

Round 1: Namor

Round 2: Magik

Round 3: Colossus

Round 4: Emma

Round 5: Cyclops

Who wins?

#2 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikemaximum: Wow. The Phoenix entity whole would rape stomp. However a mere 1/5 of its power shouls lose handily in all 5 rounds, as long the power level stays the same each round.

#3 Posted by Bossmoss4l (242 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought we aren't supposed to use that "r" word.

And if Ghost Rider has survived Abstracts before, what's stopping him from Penance Staring a full- *See's that it's individual rounds*

Never mind, Ghost Rider wins easily

#4 Posted by OhItsThatGuy (791 posts) - - Show Bio

The Phoenix Force is pure creation. How can it not be holy? He doesn't make it passed round 1.

#5 Posted by Cgoodness (4643 posts) - - Show Bio

@ohitsthatguy: it has to be made in Christian heaven to harm him

#6 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1392 posts) - - Show Bio

@bossmoss4l: how can u penance stare the phoenix who is creation an destruction. An its no morals so you cant go off the host GR loses all these rounds. Especially Magik since she can use magic she doesnt have to use dark magic.

#7 Posted by Cgoodness (4643 posts) - - Show Bio

I say GR, while the Phoenix might or may not have a soul, the 5 do, and they know what they are doing (namor tried to justify his actions)

#8 Posted by Bossmoss4l (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@magnificentstorm The Ghost Riders have been called the Clench Fist of God by Mephisto, Heaven's boogy man by Lucifer, it's not something to laugh at. And we aren't talking about Penance Staring the Phoenix Force, we are talking about an Avatar for the Phoenix Force. You can't punish the all powerful cosmic firebird but you can punish the people who used it wrongly.

But not only that, the Penance Stare would work on ALL the wrongs they have caused others, before and after becoming Phoenix Avatars. If they ever caused someone else pain or suffering, they would be affected by it. Morals don't matter for this, only their actions.

And, If this Is Johnny Blaze as the Ghost Rider, he's tanked Holy Bullets fired from a sniper rifle and regenerated entire limbs after they were torn off. He's stomped Hell Lords out of and in their own dimension. Alejandra has RIPPED Mephisto's heart out of his chest and threatened to crush it, destroying all of Hell, in Mephisto's home turf. Has Magik gone up against someone like this pre-AvX and done anything that could harm him?

#9 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: I think he can beat all aside from Magik.

On her own she is above any other hell lord and now she has phoenix force boost.

#10 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: I think he can beat all aside from Magik.

On her own she is above any other hell lord and now she has phoenix force boost.

Your right, I did not even consider her. She should in theory be the most powerful of the P5.

#11 Edited by Bronze_Surfer (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: So you think GR beats her? Personally a non P5 Magik should at least be able to contend with Zarathos but with P5 upgrade I think she wins.

#12 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: So you think GR beats her? Personally a non P5 Magik should at least be able to contend with Zarathos but with P5 upgrade I think she wins.

I think she has a great shot at winning with the P5 power and in her realm she should auto win.

#13 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: This fight should have been in AvX. Instead of the stupid fight with her and Black Widow it should have been her and GR

#14 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah BW was very lame and forced.

#15 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1392 posts) - - Show Bio

@bossmoss4l: The phoenix has be called life incarnate. The life an death of the Marvel universe. It has been said its power will one day end the universe. The phoenix has been called great things 2

Magik is a hell lord her self for one. An how can the penance stare work on someone that doesnt care wats so ever this isnt the i kill because i enjoy it they have no morals so they're mainly walking bodies to be honest. An I doubt the Phoenix is just gonna let GR penance stare them anyway.

An what has Mephisto got on the Phoenix.

#16 Edited by OhItsThatGuy (791 posts) - - Show Bio

@cgoodness: Does Marvel Heaven itself not tied to creation?

#17 Posted by SHAZAM117 (3013 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm. Interesting fight and one i've never thought about since the PHX5 have pretty much stomped out all their opponents

I dont think the Penance Stare would have any effect on the Phoenix Force itself, but the host themselves is another story. But on the other hand i can't see what the Phoenix could do to destroy Ghosty either. This could possibly be a stalemate?

#18 Edited by russellmania77 (15356 posts) - - Show Bio

GR i guess

#19 Edited by Cgoodness (4643 posts) - - Show Bio

@ohitsthatguy: no its tied into where the one above all lives I think do to the fantastic 4 dying and meating him in heaven. Idk though because "hell" in the marvel universe is actually just mephistos (who's not the real devil) relm that he's trying to expand.

#20 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@ohitsthatguy: no its tied into where the one above all lives I think do to the fantastic 4 dying and meating him in heaven. Idk though because "hell" in the marvel universe is actually just mephistos (who's not the real devil) relm that he's trying to expand.

Hell is any place with a Hell Lord who has made a deal with Mistress Death to claim souls that somehow belong to them. Death itself actually takes souls. Also guys like Odin, Zeus, and others have their own form of Heaven and can claim souls on a set rules.

God in Marvel is not limited to Christian, this is false.

As this Muslim Ghost Rider explains to the new Caretaker.

#21 Posted by Cgoodness (4643 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: but I though souls had to agree to goto places like mephistos relm or hades or else they just goto the one above all's heaven or whatever.

#22 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by OhItsThatGuy (791 posts) - - Show Bio

@cgoodness: Is there proof that divine=Christian in Marvel Universe?

#24 Posted by DWrathborne (313 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as I'm concerned, the Phoenix Force and the GR are empowered by the same source known by different names, but the Phoenix's power dwarfs Ghost Rider's, even when divided by 5ths. And the Rider's Penance Stare, isn't a 'Win' button by any means. The holders of the Phoenix are protected by the Phoenix, and the Stare has failed too many times in the past for me to think it can't be rebuffed by the force of Creation and Destruction.

It pains me to say it, but I think that the Phoenix Five take the Rider in all rounds. Even if they couldn't kill the Rider, (which is debatable), they can certainly BFR him or contain him. I'd even go so far as to say if they went Dark they could possibly force him to revert back into John Blaze and scatter his molecules to the wind.

#25 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone of the Phoenix 5 would beat the brakes off of ghost rider aside from a fully powers zarathos GR. look at the fight between Emma frost and Thor, ghost rider would have no answer for this.

#26 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@dwrathborne:

@moonman78 said:

Anyone of the Phoenix 5 would beat the brakes off of ghost rider aside from a fully powers zarathos GR. look at the fight between Emma frost and Thor, ghost rider would have no answer for this.

Only unlike Thor who can be harmed by Physical and Psychic damage, GR is immune to it.

Also let me know when Thor is Superior to Nightmare, Mephisto, Lucifer, Asmodeus, or Blackheart.

The guys who in there own realm are all but unbeatable, yet GR beats them with ease everytime.

P5 have never shown that kind of power.

While we are on the subject Jean Green Phoenix has had trouble putting down Magneto, and the Rachel Phoenix was beaten by Thor when he use Mjolnir to redirect her blast at her.

Yet GR who is leagues superior will fail because Thor who is not superior to any Hell Lord failed? Or the fact the P5 have no way harming GR who is immune to Psychics, Physical Damage, and Molecule Manipulation via magic Hellfire and Divine Protection from the Mono God? Same God who KOed 6 Hell Lords with a a breath of Light.

This is Lucifer at full power.

Zarathos effortlessly pwns a Half Power Lucifer with no trouble.

Now a showing of the Brothers Ghost Rider vs Zadkiel. Some key things first.... Zadkiel is the keeper of the Ghost Riders, a Arch Angel, and tasked by God to oversee them on earth. Zadkiel plans to take the Throne for himself.

Zadkiel is no joke of a Arch Angel either, and one of the stronger ones rivaling Lucifer, Kazaan, and Ruth.

He finds a plot whole and exploits it through Ketch gathering all the Spirits of Vengeance power and burn Heavens Gates down. After this Ketch, Blaze, and Vengeance are the only ones with Spirits left on earth, and are hunted down as they search for a way into Heaven. They team up with Son of Satan and a new Anti Christ called Kid Blackheart. Zadkiel meanwhile is getting the hang of his powers over all Creation.

Zadkiel power as God and gathering it fully over all Creation. He makes a Church disappear, vanich. He rains Lightning through Skycrapers and grows Giant Thorn tree things. He causes havoc on earth.

Finally the Brothers find their way to Zadkiel and battle.

Zadkiel cannot be beaten by them 2 alone, however with power over all Creation and his Reality Warping Powers was unable to do anything to the GRs. Then Blaze learns a new trick from Roxanne, Summoning the Spirits of Vengeance and overpower Zadkiel.

Ghost Rider was unable to be put down by Zadkiel, yet 1/5th of the P5 will? I do not see it. The only threat is Magik. That is because she has Magic which is needed for a win.

#27 Edited by NeonGameWave (7783 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghost Rider is very awesome and is one of my favorite Marvel characters but many tend to overrate him too much, the context of his feats are being over hyped far too often. With that being said the:

Phoenix Five curbstomp. Even if they can`t destroy the Ghost Rider which is plausible and understandable but considering the possibilities of them being able to get access to magic or being of the same force derived from the same God it would only make sense. However, my point is that they could definitely at least trap Ghost Rider or banish him. I don`t know why many believe the Penance Stare to be the be all, and end all of all scenarios its not invincible and it works under certain circumstances.

#28 Posted by Extremos (72 posts) - - Show Bio

They still have a soul, so I think GR wins here, but he will have some issues with Magik.

#29 Edited by chiq (1962 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremos said:

They still have a soul, so I think GR wins here, but he will have some issues with Magik.

Magik has shown she can function w/o a soul though and she herself can absorb souls. If she can take on Hell lords like Dormammu and Mephisto w/o the PF, she should be way beyond hell lord status w/ it. She's basically a Hell Lord with the PF. Unless the PF does not stack up on previous power levels.

What I am really curious about is how GR would stand up to the Soul Sword.

#30 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

Where are you getting this stuff. GR can't beat none of the people you named, and he can surely be hurt and koed by physical attacks, WWh moped the floor with ghost rider and if you read any of his comics you know that's not true. You have vastly overrated rider, granted he's powerful but he's not beating a person on Thors level, at least not the way Emma did it.

#31 Posted by Killemall (18564 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she has a great shot at winning with the P5 power and in her realm she should auto win.

Current Magik has her entire realm inside her, the whole entirety of limbo inside herself.

She could take on Ghost Rider without the phoenix force, assuming its her Dark Child person fighting as opposed to you know the mutant self.

#32 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@moonman78 said:

@cadencev2:

Where are you getting this stuff. GR can't beat none of the people you named, and he can surely be hurt and koed by physical attacks, WWh moped the floor with ghost rider and if you read any of his comics you know that's not true. You have vastly overrated rider, granted he's powerful but he's not beating a person on Thors level, at least not the way Emma did it.

Wow, so uneducated on GR and it shows. In fact its obvious you never read a GR comic. WWH mop the floor of GR? Yeah, Blaze. He then was punked by Zarathos.

You do realize he has 2 power levels? Street Level (Blaze) and Zarathos (Helllord+)

There is a difference. I guess you must have forgotten in all your Ghost Rider knowledge.

Lets see what a Spirit of Vengeance like Zarathos and Nobel Kale can do.

Zarathos had to be depowered before Mephisto could move in on him. Still a close fight for Mephisto.

Zarathos overpowers Hell Lord Azmodeus in his own Hell Realm.

Nobel Kale becomes whole with Ketch and pwns Nightmare in his own Realm.

Nobel kale pwns Blackheart in his Hell Realm.

Nobel Kale vs Uriel, a powerful Angel equal to Mephisto as the first scan shows. No contest in power scaling.

Zarathos power merges itself with Red Hulk and Venom to curbstomp Blackheart in his Realm.

Zarathos pwns Mephisto in his Realm.

Ghost Rider is very awesome and is one of my favorite Marvel characters but many tend to overrate him too much, the context of his feats are being over hyped far too often. With that being said the:

Phoenix Five curbstomp. Even if they can`t destroy the Ghost Rider which is plausible and understandable but considering the possibilities of them being able to get access to magic or being of the same force derived from the same God it would only make sense. However, my point is that they could definitely at least trap Ghost Rider or banish him. I don`t know why many believe the Penance Stare to be the be all, and end all of all scenarios its not invincible and it works under certain circumstances.

I think your overating 1/5th of the Phoenix Power in these avatars. Green Phoenix Jean and Rachel has had trouble before with Thor, Magneto, and Shiar Imperial Guard. They had the whole PF with morals on. The P5 have NO FEATS on the same level of said Green Phoenixes either. They are clearly weaker as possessing 1/5th the power than the Green Phoenixes who have trouble with beings of Zarathos level.

Magik should be the only one that gets a win for sure. The other 4 should not.

How will they trap him when his feats and power is greater? How will they Banish him that he cannot return via Hell Hopping or Time Travel? Both things GR can do and has shown.

#33 Posted by ImNemotheGemini (845 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

Don't lie to prove points ! Zarathos didn't punk Hulk ! Hulk stood his ground and Zarathos decided that his crusade against the illuminati was just and then he left ! You discredit your entire argument when you spout false information no matter how small !

#34 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

Don't lie to prove points ! Zarathos didn't punk Hulk ! Hulk stood his ground and Zarathos decided that his crusade against the illuminati was just and then he left ! You discredit your entire argument when you spout false information no matter how small !

LMAO, ignorance is bliss.

Yeah Okay.

#35 Edited by New_World_Order (13189 posts) - - Show Bio

Well to ve honest Ghost Rider isn't the most durable of beings..that may cost him.

#36 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath said:

Well to ve honest Ghost Rider isn't the most durable of beings..that may cost him.

!?

Eats Nitro!
Reforms Limbs
Reforms Head

No Damage from Bomb
Reforms from Laser that Melted Everything Into slag.
Reforms body after ran over by Santanic Powered Semi Truck

Reforms after Strange's best Magical attack.
Reforms after WWHs best hit.

What are talking about again?

#37 Edited by New_World_Order (13189 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Well we all know Ghost Rider isn't going to use the Penance Stare right off the bat, and Hell Fire probably wouldn't do much. Phoenix Force Namor has shown great physical attributes. I don't think GR is going to be able to tank punches from Namor. We've seen what he's done to Rulk's arm woth ease, I would say hid strength should be above World War Hulk's, and we seen how his physical attributes put him down.

#38 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath said:

@cadencev2: Well we all know Ghost Rider isn't going to use the Penance Stare right off the bat, and Hell Fire probably wouldn't do much. Phoenix Force Namor has shown great physical attributes. I don't think GR is going to be able to tank punches from Namor. We've seen what he's done to Rulk's arm woth ease, I would say hid strength should be above World War Hulk's, and we seen how his physical attributes put him down.

Huh... look above post.

Also last time I checked. Wandas low level Chaos Magic affected the P5 just Fine. The Magical and spiritual Dragon of the Iron Fist outright beaten the Phoenix Force.

P5 through the whole arc was vulnerable (for whatever reason) to Magic. So how effective is Soul Burning Hellfire and Penance stare that makes you feel all the suffering and pain you cause not going to work?

#40 Edited by New_World_Order (13189 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

@thundergodswrath said:

Huh... look above post.

Also last time I checked. Wandas low level Chaos Magic affected the P5 just Fine. The Magical and spiritual Dragon of the Iron Fist outright beaten the Phoenix Force.

P5 through the whole arc was vulnerable (for whatever reason) to Magic. So how effective is Soul Burning Hellfire and Penance stare that makes you feel all the suffering and pain you cause not going to work?

1. Wanda has very high level's of Chaos magic. When has it ever been said to be low? Don't tell me your using Wanda as an example, because he power is so far above Ghost Rider or Zarathos it's not even funny.
  1. Listen what you said "magical and spiritual Dragon of the Iron Fist". It was said to be etremely powerful, and can put down the Phoenix Force. What's wrong with that?
  2. I don't see why magical fire would work on a Phoenix Force user, even if it attacks the soul. The Phoenix Force is magical, and has control over fire too, it can possibly negate it's affects.
  3. Only thing Ghost Rider has is the Penance Stare, and he won't be alive to use it.
  4. That was not World War Hulk's best hit...he didn't even punch him, all he did was stomp on him. It was far from his best hit.

Ghost Rider was knocked out from Hulk dropping off a building and stomping on him. That's all it took, and he was down. He was knocked out.

After that, Zarathos comes out. Not Johnny Blaze.

This is what Namor did to Rulk easily. Look at him, he's doing it with no struggle. He should be able to one-shot Ghost Rider easily with that.

#41 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath:

1. Wanda has very high level's of Chaos magic. When has it ever been said to be low? Don't tell me your using Wanda as an example, because he power is so far above Ghost Rider or Zarathos it's not even funny.

Not the case at all. Wanda on average is not all that powerful. HoM was the strongest she ever was and she was amped for that. On average she is far below Dr. Strange.

In fact in Avengers Disassemble it was Dr. Strange who easily beasted her when Wanda was Blood Lusted. Yet Zarathos easily beats Strange of the same time frame.

1. Listen what you said "magical and spiritual Dragon of the Iron Fist". It was said to be etremely powerful, and can put down the Phoenix Force. What's wrong with that?

What feats does that Dragon that make it more powerful than say Mephisto? None, it was a featless Dragon that manage to drive of the PF. All in all the PF and Phoenixes have excellent feats, but do seems to fall short to Magic overall. Not saying Dark Phoenix would lose to Odin, however the Phoenix 5 where nowhere in feats or showings of Dark Phoenix.

1. I don't see why magical fire would work on a Phoenix Force user, even if it attacks the soul. The Phoenix Force is magical, and has control over fire too, it can possibly negate it's affects.

Whoa, your looking at this wrong. Phoenix may not have a soul, however the P5 do. They are mere Avatars with souls.

1. Only thing Ghost Rider has is the Penance Stare, and he won't be alive to use it.

GR is not really alive with period. Thus why he cannot be killed at all by beings like Zadkiel, Hell Lords, Strange, ect.

1. That was not World War Hulk's best hit...he didn't even punch him, all he did was stomp on him. It was far from his best hit.

Again who cares? GR cannot be physically harmed.

Ghost Rider was knocked out from Hulk dropping off a building and stomping on him. That's all it took, and he was down. He was knocked out.

After that, Zarathos comes out. Not Johnny Blaze.

So your basing this fight on Blaze? Thats poor logic here, if it was Blaze only it be a stomp. However this is simply Ghost Rider. I will assume its Zarathos which makes this thread Fair.

This is what Namor did to Rulk easily. Look at him, he's doing it with no struggle. He should be able to one-shot Ghost Rider easily with that.

Again who cares? Does Rulk reform any damage via Hellfire? Has Rulk beaten Blackheart in circle of 4? Hell no! Rulk was decimated by Blackheart. Ghost Rider easily beats Blackheart and did so again after Rulk was beat down.

So by your logic Zarathos is more powerful than Namor.

Namor > Rulk. Black Heart > Rulk. Blackheart = Namor. Ghost Rider > Blackheart. Ghost Rider > Namor.

Hows that for ABC Logic!?

#42 Posted by Cgoodness (4643 posts) - - Show Bio

@ohitsthatguy: well when I say "Christian" heaven, it mean the default heaven if nobody made a pact with mephisto, Hela, dormammu, etc. and to quote jonny blaze in heavens on fire #6... "Only God can create a Ghost Rider, and only God can destroy one"....it's a whole mess if you ask me.....

#43 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: dude I think your confused a bit, we are talking about GR here not zarathos there two different characters, I've said it already that if its zarathos GR he should win, but that's not gr and that's sure not average gr, you can't use zarathos in this fight like there the same person, that would be like me using cytorak in a juggernaut battle instead of juggernaut.

#44 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: dude I think your confused a bit, we are talking about GR here not zarathos there two different characters, I've said it already that if its zarathos GR he should win, but that's not gr and that's sure not average gr, you can't use zarathos in this fight like there the same person, that would be like me using cytorak in a juggernaut battle instead of juggernaut.

I assume Zarathos is allowed just as we assume Sentry can go Void or Hulk can go World Breaker.

Zarathos is always a part of Blazes skill set and has shown in both the 70s/80s and 2000s comic runs to take a fight over if it is too much for Blaze.

So until it is specified "no Zarathos" it is a core part of the Ghost Rider character and power whether Blaze starts this fight or not.

#45 Posted by New_World_Order (13189 posts) - - Show Bio

Not the case at all. Wanda on average is not all that powerful. HoM was the strongest she ever was and she was amped for that. On average she is far below Dr. Strange.In fact in Avengers Disassemble it was Dr. Strange who easily beasted her when Wanda was Blood Lusted. Yet Zarathos easily beats Strange of the same time frame.

Fair enough, but it was already shown that Wanda is the opposite of the Phoenix Force, whether you agree or not. Her power is it's weakness, hence the reason it affect the Phoenix Force so much.

What feats does that Dragon that make it more powerful than say Mephisto? None, it was a featless Dragon that manage to drive of the PF. All in all the PF and Phoenixes have excellent feats, but do seems to fall short to Magic overall. Not saying Dark Phoenix would lose to Odin, however the Phoenix 5 where nowhere in feats or showings of Dark Phoenix.

Why is Mephisto being brought in here? Feats don't always mean something, if the featless One Above All Celestial defeated Galactus, are you going to say he has no other feats so his power and feat cannot count? You may not like the outcome of that battle, but it happened. Since the dragon had no other feats, there is nothing you can judge it on. Where does Odin and Dark Phoenix fall into play? :/

Whoa, your looking at this wrong. Phoenix may not have a soul, however the P5 do. They are mere Avatars with souls.

Okay i'll give you that one.

GR is not really alive with period. Thus why he cannot be killed at all by beings like Zadkiel, Hell Lords, Strange, ect.

Well he can still be knocked unconscious for a period of time.

Again who cares? GR cannot be physically harmed.

Yet he was knocked out until Zarathos came into play.

So your basing this fight on Blaze? Thats poor logic here, if it was Blaze only it be a stomp. However this is simply Ghost Rider. I will assume its Zarathos which makes this thread Fair.

Why would you assume it's Zarathos?

Again who cares? Does Rulk reform any damage via Hellfire? Has Rulk beaten Blackheart in circle of 4? Hell no! Rulk was decimated by Blackheart. Ghost Rider easily beats Blackheart and did so again after Rulk was beat down.

So by your logic Zarathos is more powerful than Namor.

Namor > Rulk. Black Heart > Rulk. Blackheart = Namor. Ghost Rider > Blackheart. Ghost Rider > Namor.

Hows that for ABC Logic!?

Funny, cause there is nothing to say Blackheart equals Namor. I don't remember what happened in Circle Of 4, but wasn't Ghost Rider merged with the other 3 heroes to defeat Blackheart? Which he still managed to fail?