• 64 results
#1 Posted by MightyWarrior (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are full power.  

Place is Asgard. 

Morals off.

Who wins? 
#2 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

Surtur is simply more powerful. If Ghost Rider cannot take on Odin (which he can't), then he can't take out Surtur.

#3 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2817 posts) - - Show Bio

Surtur

#4 Posted by The_Roman (3297 posts) - - Show Bio

Surtur got this.

#5 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

Surtr stomps.

#6 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

PS ftw :b

#7 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Surtur Stomps easy

#8 Edited by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

nobody here has any argument on why penance stare won't work.

GR still wins. with morals off.

#9 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killer_of_trolls said:

The PS doesn't work o Mephisto, Lucifer, Blackheart, Nightmare, or any other Hell Lord equivalent. Surtur is arguably stronger than any of what I listed.

#10 Posted by Yai_Inn (352 posts) - - Show Bio
@CadenceV2: I thought it did.   

#11 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

There's one thing I don't get here: if Penance Stare works on demons and the like, why isn't the Ghost rider spending his time in hell punishing all its inhabitants since he was created to punish the guilty ones? I mean, there shouldn't be a demon left, should it?

#12 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Yai_Inn said:

@CadenceV2: I thought it did.

I have that issue too. Its not a PS as far as Im concern. It never worked before and doesnt make sense it did then. However Ketch realize he wa a Angel of Death and unlock new power. Power enough to Vape BH (for a short time) and claim hell. That PS doesnt seem the same as the others.

#13 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghost Rider can't even beat Thor - Surtur is ridiculous over-kill. Surtur turns him into Rainbow Dash via the Twilight Sword and continues to watch My Little Pony.

#14 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke said:

Ghost Rider can't even beat Thor - Surtur is ridiculous over-kill. Surtur turns him into Rainbow Dash via the Twilight Sword and continues to watch My Little Pony.

We Never had a Comic Match of Thor vs Zarathos or Nobel Kale level Rider >_>

We do have Thor getting bested by a Jhonny Blaze (weakest version) Rider LOL

#15 Edited by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@isaac_clarke said:

I'm running off what the current Rider is being depicted as and the fact Sin's hammer's magic KOed Blaze's replacement who tried to lift it up. That was mostly Thor forgetting he can control his hammer's flight. Otherwise the Rider would have been thrown into the sun or something.

#16 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@isaac_clarke said:

I'm running off what the current Rider is being depicted as and the fact Sin's hammer's magic KOed Blaze's replacement who tried to lift it up. That was mostly Thor forgetting he can control his hammer's flight. Otherwise the Rider would have been thrown into the sun or something.

I can see why that may seem like a Legit argument. But its pure ABC logic.

Zarathos is as different in power to Alejandra (who was in control when KOed) as Odin Force is to Regular Thor.

Heck Ketch has diefferent power showings and levels of power to Blaze. They both have a Spirit of Vengance.

ABC Logic at best.

#17 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@isaac_clarke said:

Zarathos is as different in power to Alejandra (who was in control when KOed) as Odin Force is to Regular Thor.

Heck Ketch has diefferent power showings and levels of power to Blaze. They both have a Spirit of Vengance.

ABC Logic at best.

I haven't a clue why you keep repeating "ABC Logic". Magic hammer upon attempt to lift knocked the Rider - who is running on Zarathos' power - out. From there I gather Mjolnir / other asgardian powered items / weapons are fair game on the Rider in terms of effectiveness. Especially given Mjolnir is vastly superior to the Worthy weapons.

The the Odinforce is Odin's power. Albeit said hammer is empowered / enchanted by Odin and it's weapon by design to be used by him rather than Thor. It's why said hammer has staggered Odin, Knocked Galactus on his rear more than once and punked out the Phoenix Force with a toss - having it immediately retreat to chow on a planet for a power up just to fight Thor.

As far as I'm concerned the Rider on paper there isn't much that says Thor won't man handle the Ghost Rider and KO him with his hammer swings.

#18 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@isaac_clarke said:

ABC Logic at best.

I haven't a clue why you keep repeating "ABC Logic". Magic hammer upon attempt to lift knocked the Rider - who is running on Zarathos' power - out. From there I gather Mjolnir / other asgardian powered items / weapons are fair game on the Rider in terms of effectiveness. Especially given Mjolnir is vastly superior to the Worthy weapons.

The the Odinforce is Odin's power. Albeit said hammer is empowered / enchanted by Odin and it's weapon by design to be used by him rather than Thor. It's why said hammer has staggered Odin, Knocked Galactus on his rear more than once and punked out the Phoenix Force with a toss - having it immediately retreat to chow on a planet for a power up just to fight Thor.

As far as I'm concerned the Rider on paper there isn't much that says Thor won't man handle the Ghost Rider and KO him with his hammer swings.

Do you ... read GR? At all? If ya did you realize "running on Zarathos power" is nowhere near the same as Zarathos being in control. GR is like Sentry. Theres a Difference between Sentry and Void.

Understand now? Yes... no?

Its ABC logic!

Zarathos was not in control. Alejandra was and she was KO. Simple as that yet alot of people who dont read GR dont know there is a diffenrence in who is in control (thus different Power Levels) and see this as a end all be all feat as to why GR loses to Thor! Thor whos Hammer is not even the same at all to the Worthies?!

Thats what Im saying. It pure ABC Logic 7 ways to Sunday. The Fact Thors BEST feats are Classic Days does not help a argument either.

#19 Posted by fondofpacman (567 posts) - - Show Bio

Surtur I'd say.

#20 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

Do you ... read GR? At all? If ya did you realize "running on Zarathos power" is nowhere near the same as Zarathos being in control. GR is like Sentry. Theres a Difference between Sentry and Void.

I read the stuff in shadow-land were he enslaved by some Hand magic by the King Pin and was then captured by the hand and killed by them. Then God revives him - bringing down some Angels to help him out and he rides off into the sunset once again to be eaten up by Demon Dare Devil. There was also him getting punked out by Hellverine too. But to be fair that later demon was channeling Wolverine's usual jobber aura to win.

As far as I'm concerned the Sentry, Void and Bob are all one and the same - at least that is certainly how it was written in the end. All fragments of one broken mind.

Understand now? Yes... no? Its ABC logic!

I think you're trying to hard to have anything associated with Ghost Rider = ______ vs Zarathos - the guy Mephisto punked out.

Zarathos was not in control. Alejandra was and she was KO. Simple as that yet alot of people who dont read GR dont know there is a diffenrence in who is in control (thus different Power Levels) and see this as a end all be all feat as to why GR loses to Thor! Thor whos Hammer is not even the same at all to the Worthies?!

You're right the hammer is not the same; Mjolnir is significantly superior - in terms of power and who enchanted it. Namely why Odin one shotted the Serpent with a kick that imprisoned through multiple Ragnaroks.

Thats what Im saying. It pure ABC Logic 7 ways to Sunday. The Fact Thors BEST feats are Classic Days does not help a argument either.

My argument is Mjolnir is a divine weapon that can hurt the Rider and knock him out. Regardless - rather than argue pointlessly since you're going to be repetative and keep typing something about ABC logic and Zarathos power levels - Surtur wins because his best beats the hell out of anything Ghost Rider would be doing in return to him.

#21 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke said:

@CadenceV2 said:

I read the stuff in shadow-land were he enslaved by some Hand magic by the King Pin and was then captured by the hand and killed by them. Then God revives him - bringing down some Angels to help him out and he rides off into the sunset once again to be eaten up by Demon Dare Devil. There was also him getting punked out by Hellverine too. But to be fair that later demon was channeling Wolverine's usual jobber aura to win.

As far as I'm concerned the Sentry, Void and Bob are all one and the same - at least that is certainly how it was written in the end. All fragments of one broken mind.

Understand now? Yes... no? Its ABC logic!

I think you're trying to hard to have anything associated with Ghost Rider = ______ vs Zarathos - the guy Mephisto punked out.

You're right the hammer is not the same; Mjolnir is significantly superior - in terms of power and who enchanted it. Namely why Odin one shotted the Serpent with a kick that imprisoned through multiple Ragnaroks.

My argument is Mjolnir is a divine weapon that can hurt the Rider and knock him out. Regardless - rather than argue pointlessly since you're going to be repetative and keep typing something about ABC logic and Zarathos power levels - Surtur wins because his best beats the hell out of anything Ghost Rider would be doing in return to him.

So read read very very very little of GR. His beast Feats are in arrons run. Your making comments on his lower showings in Human Controle.

Mephisto punked out SS. So Silver Surfer is super Infreior to Thor now? Mephisto nearly Punked out Galactus. Is Galactus inferior to Thor?! Wow ABC Logic again....

Mijnor never KO a Angel (which Zarathos is) before >_>

Surtur is higher than hell lords IMO and Surtur wins. I can argue all day a NON Odin Force Thor would more than likely lose to Zarathos (Angel of Vengance) Ghost Rider or Nobel Kale (Angel of Death) Ghost Rider.

#22 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

So read read very very very little of GR. His beast Feats are in arrons run. Your making comments on his lower showings in Human Controle.

My problem here is I think one set of showings is being used to define the character over his normal showings - which he isn't killing the Devil or what have you every other day with.

Mephisto punked out SS. So Silver Surfer is super Infreior to Thor now? Mephisto nearly Punked out Galactus. Is Galactus inferior to Thor?! Wow ABC Logic again....

You're logic here is horrid - not to mention the Surfer has also beaten Mephisto - Mephisto has also had issues touching Thor and has beaten Thor. He was also beaten by Black Panther. Galactus was going to destroy Mephisto's realm and kill him - that isn't punking out Galactus.

Mijnor never KO a Angel (which Zarathos is) before >_>

Your point?

Surtur is higher than hell lords IMO and Surtur wins. I can argue all day a NON Odin Force Thor would more than likely lose to Zarathos (Angel of Vengance) Ghost Rider or Nobel Kale (Angel of Death) Ghost Rider.

Okay.

#23 Posted by Primebonnick (1670 posts) - - Show Bio

Surtur is a galaxy buster so him of course

#24 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@Killer_of_trolls said:

The PS doesn't work o Mephisto, Lucifer, Blackheart, Nightmare, or any other Hell Lord equivalent. Surtur is arguably stronger than any of what I listed.

This.

@isaac_clarke said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@isaac_clarke said:

ABC Logic at best.

This. Ghost Rider would never beat Thor.

#25 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16888 posts) - - Show Bio
@jeanroygrant said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@isaac_clarke said:

ABC Logic at best.

Thor can KO Rider, but I don't see why Rider shouldn't be able to KO Thor.
#26 Posted by GhostRider2 (3249 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@isaac_clarke said:

ABC Logic at best.

With blaze yes with Zarathos in control Thor gets stomped.

#27 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16888 posts) - - Show Bio
@GhostRider2
Thor can hurt Zarathos by Mjolnir.
#28 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@isaac_clarke said:

ABC Logic at best.

True,

#29 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@GhostRider2 said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@isaac_clarke said:

ABC Logic at best.

With blaze yes with Zarathos in control Thor gets stomped.

What are Zarathos's feats?

#30 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@GhostRider2: Thor can hurt Zarathos by Mjolnir.

With-out any time of upgrades, Jonny(who is weaker than Danny) has blitzed Thor's proclaimed FTL hammer(as we all know Mjolnir is faster than Thor himself), caught it after the turn around and pushed him. Not that I am saying who wins but I am sure this means a lot here.

a nice speed feat: catching Thor's hammer which is 2 times the speed of light.

Infact, he has beaten Mjonir in a race, after blasting away Thor and Ironman(not saying it was afight, though, just saying stuff that seem important, mainly pointing towards a blitz in this match ):

Now look what he can do to Blackheart, with the Zaratho's... thingy.

#31 Posted by THORSON (2304 posts) - - Show Bio

surtur makes ghost rider into a flamesticle

#32 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (15908 posts) - - Show Bio

surtur. spite.

#33 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4798 posts) - - Show Bio

Surtur wins. This is spite.

#34 Posted by Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper (597 posts) - - Show Bio

Spite in Surtur's favor.

Inb4 lock.

#35 Posted by bog2814 (65 posts) - - Show Bio

Surtur

#36 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait them in their most powerful versions? Meaning Surtur ges the Twilight sword? The same sword Odin couldn't do a damn thing against? And IIRC Surtur could bust a galaxy without it.

Surtur wins.

#37 Posted by NeonGameWave (7686 posts) - - Show Bio

Surtur murderstomps.

#38 Posted by GhostRider2 (3249 posts) - - Show Bio

The penance stare should do it if Zarathos is in control that is.

#39 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2817 posts) - - Show Bio

Surtur

#40 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Surtur

#41 Posted by JinSlayerX (129 posts) - - Show Bio

Surtur destroys GR

#42 Posted by GhostRider2 (3249 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you realize that Surtur doesnt have what it takes to kill Zarathos.With Blaze i give it to him but Zarathos changes this.Sooner or later GR will apply the penance stare.

#43 Posted by Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper (597 posts) - - Show Bio

@GhostRider2 said:

Do you realize that Surtur doesnt have what it takes to kill Zarathos.With Blaze i give it to him but Zarathos changes this.Sooner or later GR will apply the penance stare.

A being who may or may not even be above a mid-skyfather level being like Mephisto doesn't have what it takes to kill Surtur.

Surtur has multiple ways in which to humiliate and even annihilate the Ghost Rider.

#44 Posted by GhostRider2 (3249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper: feel free to post them.

#45 Posted by Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper (597 posts) - - Show Bio

@GhostRider2 said:

@Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper: feel free to post them.

Feel free to look up the respect thread yourself instead of relying on someone else to do these simple tasks for you.

#46 Posted by Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper (597 posts) - - Show Bio

@GhostRider2 said:

Do you realize that Surtur doesnt have what it takes to kill Zarathos. With Blaze i give it to him but Zarathos changes this.Sooner or later GR will apply the penance stare.

Penance Stare hasn't even worked on demons that are far below Surtur.

#47 Edited by GhostRider2 (3249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper said:

@GhostRider2 said:

Do you realize that Surtur doesnt have what it takes to kill Zarathos. With Blaze i give it to him but Zarathos changes this.Sooner or later GR will apply the penance stare.

Penance Stare hasn't even worked on demons that are far below Surtur.

Then i suggest you read GR and please don't argue if you can't back up what you say aight? :)

edit:doesn't matter how powerful you are the penance stare works there is no exception.It works on anyone there are few exceptions but it has nothing to do with how powerful the opponents are.And don't compare Blaze with Zarathos with Blaze in control Surtur wins but if Zarathos comes out Surtur will experience the penance stare.And he has nothing on his arsenal to kill GR with Zarathos in control.

#48 Edited by Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper (597 posts) - - Show Bio

@GhostRider2 said:

Then i suggest you read GR and please don't argue if you can't back up what you say aight? :)

I suggest you read up on Surtur and please don't argue if you can't back up what you say, cool?

@GhostRider2 said:

edit:doesn't matter how powerful you are the penance stare works there is no exception.

Just like it worked on Deadpool ( who was previously cursed by Thanos), Zodiac, Venom, and other beings who are FAR weaker and don't even come close to Surtur's level, right?

What was that you said about Penance Stares having no exceptions again?

@GhostRider2 said:

It works on anyone there are few exceptions

You just contradicted yourself. Nice job.

@GhostRider2 said:

but it has nothing to do with how powerful the opponents are.

Penance Stare couldn't even work on a Symbiote. What makes you think it'll work on a demonic fire elemental like Surtur?

Furthermore, the Penance Stare only works when the Ghost Rider is in close range with the other person and gains direct eye contact with them. Even if the Penance Stare COULD work on him, would you care to explain HOW exactly the Ghost Rider will get past getting CURB-STOMPED to the ground before making so much as an attempt?

@GhostRider2 said:

And don't compare Blaze with Zarathos with Blaze in control Surtur wins but if Zarathos comes out Surtur will experience the penance stare.

Zarathos is only barely above Mephisto. Surtur, with the Twilight Sword, was capable of containing the power of Odin himself and Zarathos doesn't even come close. Loki was able to warp Thor into a frog and Morgan Le Fay the entire Earth into a medieval world with only a fraction of its power. Show me an instance where Zarathos was capable of affecting any being on Surtur's level with the Penance Stare. Take your own advice: If you can't back up what you say, DON'T ARGUE, aight? : )

@GhostRider2 said:

And he has nothing on his arsenal to kill GR with Zarathos in control.

Surtur could kill Zarathos by warping him into stone via Twilight Sword, against which Zarathos has NO defense.

Surtur curbstomps.

#49 Posted by GhostRider2 (3249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper: almost everyone happy now?You are the one who cant back up.Surtur stomps in your dream maybe.You think you are smart but you are not read up on GR and Zarathos and learn how penance stare works.Stone?Hahaha that is not going to stop Ghost Rider.

#50 Posted by All_Mighty_Beyonder (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghost Rider is super duper overestimated.
Surtur megastomps.