Ghost Rider vs. Scorpion

matthew55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

idk if this has been done before but im sorry if it has, I just joined community.

standing 30 feet apart

Ghost rider (zarathos)

Scorpion (I mean ninja guy. Idk if there are versions of but whatever you choose)

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By nerdchore

well since nothing scorpion has available can kill GR and scorpion is a demon spawn so penance stare for the win.

Welcome :)

Avatar image for albertphytagoras
Albertphytagoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spite...

Scorpion dies.

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Subzero wins!

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onilordasmodeus: Zarathos could be bfr'd and if its in the netherrealm scorpion wont lose

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@kgb725: There are lots of options that Scorpion has in this fight, BFR to the Netherrealm is just one of them.

Another thing that I think many people get wrong is that the Penance Stare would hurt Scorpion at all. I wrote this up a long while ago:

My opinion on this matter, and the conclusions I've come to regarding Scorpion and the MK story...

1) The Penence Stare, IMO, would affect Scorpion, but not in the way you'd think. Scorpion is driven by rage and hate, but isn't solely fueled by the rage of betrayal. Scorpion is perpetually haunted by his own personal demons (inadequacy, fear, vengence, etc), as well as the memories of his former life. The PS attacks the guilty and makes them the feel pain of the innocent; against Scorpion, that added pain would only fuel him more and make him stronger.

Scorpion, or rather his former self Hanzo Hasashi, is "the innocent" that the PS would show him (he blames himself just as much as he blamed Sub and Quan), and his family and clan are "the innocent" as far as Scorpion's story is concerned. With Scorpion already being fueled by the pain they felt, and the pain he feels, setting his soul ablaze with more hellfire wouldn't hurt...just amp him.

2) I'm not sure what you mean when you say "Scorpion's soul isn't bounded to him" because it most definately is bounded to him. Scorpion's soul is his own, hence why those who use him do it through manipulation rather than through outright control. Scorpion has always been "the wild card" of the MKU (noted in MK3), and his freedom to do as he pleases is really what his story revolves around. This concept of his freedom is really where his power/strength comes from, and IMO is the reason he was created/exists.

(slight tangent starts here, but follow me...)

MKA made it clear that Quan Chi was the source of the corruption in the realms. It was because of him that Shinnok fell from grace and became the "devil," and so it also becomes clear that it was because of Quan that Scorpion also fell. Scorpion, just as Quan was always the source of the realms corruption, was always meant to be the the EGs chosen one...there Champion, and Quan Chi was the one who corrupted him and set him on a crash course with the rest of the MKU. Because of this, I would agree with you that Scorpion's soul is boundless...limitless in its potential. All things considered, Scorpion has more in common with characters like Raiden, rather than Subzero, or any of the other MK "human" characters.

Scorpion really reminds me a lot of Spawn in a way, as Spawn (iirc) was held back/held himself back by holding on to his human side for a long time, but when he shed his human bonds he ultimately became more powerful. Scorpion, while he did hold onto his "human" side for a time before MK1, declared that Hanzo Hasashi (who he was in life) was dead, and that all that remained was Scorpion. Scorpion as he is now, is the embodiment of vengeance in the MKU much like GR is in Marvel, and as such, his rage and his power have no limit. This is really backed mainly in MKA as in that game Scorpion's power was jacked up immensely since during that time it was the EGs who pissed him off and so he went on a rampage across Edenia.

Scorpion's rage is what makes him unique among the rest of the cast. His ties to the heavens and to hell also allow him to run the gamut of power that he does.

Keep in mind that I say none of this to say Scorpion is all powerful, or anything like that. Scorpion was defeated in his most powerful forms (MKD and MKA), and has been defeated a few other times in the past; but all of those who defeated him though were of a different caliber of character, and often were the focus of said story at the time (Liu Kang, Kuai Liang (younger Subzero), Raiden, Taven, Quan Chi, Drahmin and Moloch (the Oni Tormentor and Destroyer)).

(end tangent)

3) Like I said earlier, Scorpion has more in common with the gods (Raiden, Fujin, etc.) than any of the more human MK characters. This is most evident in Scorpion's relationship with the Netherrealm and how it is akin to Raiden's relationship to Earthrealm. When Scorpion "dies" he returns to hell where he is reborn; when Scorpion is in his "home" realm, he is more powerful. To those who say "GR is like a god so Scorpion can't compete," this is the rebuttal to that. "Scorpion" isn't human, and never was; he is an immortal spirit that exists to fight and avenge and that is his only purpose. Nothing stops him for long, and through everything he just gets stronger. The only thing(s) in the MKU that can take Scorpion out for good is a God, or some being or entity with God-like power. Everything else is just a nuisance, a temporary road block to his ultimate goal.

To really address what you were saying though, yes Scorpion can withstand the tortures of the Netherrealm, but IMO the thing to take away from that is that realm actually fuels him and make him stronger just by being there. The Netherrealm's "torture" comes in the form of decay...withering and twisting the energies of life and magic into something corrupt and horrid. The only things that can survive/thrive against that realms natural forces are corrupt gods, the Oni race (demons), and some of the dead. Scorpion kind of falls in his own category as far as this goes, he could easily be classified as any of those three things, but seeing how he is looked at in context with the rest of the MKU, it is safe to say he is an anomaly of sorts.

4) Shinnok's "torture" in the Netherrealm is a little fuzzy, as evidence points to that it wasn't the realm that was torturing him, but rather Lucifer himself and his influence.

From the official story:

"Shinnok was banished to this place of torment by Rayden. Upon entering the realm, he found himself immediately under attack by its then ruler Lucifer, as well as those souls he was personally responsible for banishing when he was an Elder God. Locked and shackled, Shinnok was helpless against his attackers. He would exist, tortured and tormented by the dregs of hell for thousands of years. Until he met Quan Chi."

Story found here: http://www.mksecrets.net/index.php?section=mkmsz&lang=eng&contentID=4010

As the story states, Shinnok was tormented by the denizens of the Netherrealm, and so it can be inferred that the realm itself had little to no affect on him. Later on in the MK story (MKMSZ and MKA specifically), Shinnok is shown using his power unabatted and free from the NRs influence, but regardless of this he is eternally traped there due to the EGs power and decree.

---

To sum up my opinion in a few words, the PS would either have a neutral affect on Scorpion or would make him more powerful, as everything that the PS is, is what Scorpion is, and what he is fueled by.

---

Edit: I also like to add that I read (here on Comicvine.com) that the PS doesn't work on the blind, or on those with more than 2 eyes. While Scorpion doesn't fall into either of those categories, he does in fact have NO eyes.

The eyes Scorpion is seen with in most instances are a part of the "mask" that he wears. Scorpion is truly dead, and is only animated through magical means, and he sees through those magical means as well.

If someone could shed light on this issue, and/or show some instances of GR affecting beings who don't or cannot see by natural means, I'd be grateful.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ghostrider2
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostrider2: How would Ghost Rider escape the Netherrealm? Scorpion could transport him there and just leave him. At that point he'd win the fight by default unless GR can create a portal between dimensions.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostrider2:

Are you saying I wasn't right? If you were, then I guess this would be a stalemate through and through IMO.

Btw, I've never seen GR open portals and the like. Scan?

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Penance Staree all day

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostrider2:

Yeah, you're right; BFR wouldn't work on GR, but I'd like to point out that he's only done it twice with his bike. Scorpion uses portals regularly, they are apart of he power set at base.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@onilordasmodeus said:

@ghostrider2:

Yeah, you're right; BFR wouldn't work on GR, but I'd like to point out that he's only done it twice with his bike. Scorpion uses portals regularly, they are apart of he power set at base.

Are you insinuating GR wouldn't use one of his basic powers to escape a realm he has no business in visiting? And I'm pretty sure he's done it more than twice.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onilordasmodeus said:

@ghostrider2:

Are you insinuating GR wouldn't use one of his basic powers to escape a realm he has no business in visiting? And I'm pretty sure he's done it more than twice.

I'm insinuating that it may be a bigger deal for GR than it is for Scorpion. And the I got the number of times for the respect thread link that was provided. From the respect thread, any time that a GR has crossed some sort of dimensional barrier was because he/she was "sent" somewhere by someone. Those two instances that were cited where Johnny Blaze as GR crossed from hell to Earth were the only times that I could find in that thread where a GR crossed dimensions under his own power. Also, Scorpion is very accurate in how/where he appears when dimension hops as his ability to cross dimensions is tied to his teleportation abilities. I didn't see anything showing that GR would be able to keep up with Scorpion as his best speed feats have to do with travel speeds on his bike.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@onilordasmodeus And why would you think that? Scorpion's never kept someone in the Netherrealm that could dimension hop so who's really to say if he could keep him there? I'm really not sure what you're trying to say here..are you suggesting that GR wouldn't be able to leave the Netherrealm if he wanted? If you are then I'd have to disagree completely. I could likewise argue that if GR sent Scorpion to Hell then he wouldn't be able to escape. And the thing about Scorpion's teleportion is..it's easy to predict. He opens a portal, goes through, and opens another portal and comes out of it. GR has the reflexes to pinpoint his emerging location and tear him to shreds..

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks:

Scorpion doesn't keep anyone anywhere, he only transports them there. If they can't get out NR that is on them. And I'm not saying that GR can't escape, only that it may not be as easy for him to escape as you may think. If GR could banish Scorpion to hell, 2 seconds later Scorpion would just hop back into Earth via teleportation. How much time would it take GR to return? That is all I'm saying/asking.

And no; Scorpion doesn't telegraph is teleportation in any way. He doesn't open a portal then come through (he could if he wanted to but that isn't the point), traditionally he just appears seemingly out of thin air like a ghost/specter, and when he disappears it is somewhat similar. He's also been shown though, to vanish in a "poof" of hellfire and reappear the same way, so it all varies from showing to showing. The bottom line is though, that it is virtually an instantaneous thing. Sure, over the course of a fight a combatant may be able to get a read on a person's tendencies, but that has nothing to do with the power, just how predictable the person using it is. Sure GR can get a read on Scorpion, and from the scans you showed he definitely would have the reactions to stave off getting hit by many off Scorpion's projectiles, but that isn't what is in question here.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nick_hero22

@onilordasmodeus said:

@juiceboks:

Scorpion doesn't keep anyone anywhere, he only transports them there. If they can't get out NR that is on them. And I'm not saying that GR can't escape, only that it may not be as easy for him to escape as you may think. If GR could banish Scorpion to hell, 2 seconds later Scorpion would just hop back into Earth via teleportation. How much time would it take GR to return? That is all I'm saying/asking.

And no; Scorpion doesn't telegraph is teleportation in any way. He doesn't open a portal then come through (he could if he wanted to but that isn't the point), traditionally he just appears seemingly out of thin air like a ghost/specter, and when he disappears it is somewhat similar. He's also been shown though, to vanish in a "poof" of hellfire and reappear the same way, so it all varies from showing to showing. The bottom line is though, that it is virtually an instantaneous thing. Sure, over the course of a fight a combatant may be able to get a read on a person's tendencies, but that has nothing to do with the power, just how predictable the person using it is. Sure GR can get a read on Scorpion, and from the scans you showed he definitely would have the reactions to stave off getting hit by many off Scorpion's projectiles, but that isn't what is in question here.

This is pretty much false, we have only seen Scorpion dimension hop from Earthrealm to the Netherrealm that's mainly because of his rebirth in the Netherrealm.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GR

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is pretty much false, we have only seen Scorpion dimension hop from Earthrealm to the Netherrealm that's mainly because of his rebirth in the Netherrealm.

The Netherrealm is the "Hell" of the MK-verse, and like Hell it has many level to it which Scorpion traverses. I'm just simply pointing this out and drawing a comparison. If you don't like that comparison though, fine, lets drop it and say if GR banishes Scorpion to Hell he'll be trapped there due to him not having a connection to that place. But like-wise, if Scorpion banishes GR to the NR he'll be trapped because that is just the way the NR works.

Canonically, only Scorpion has ever left the NR unaided. Shinnok has sent people out, and Raiden has sent people in, but everyone else who has entered and exited the NR (not even Shinnok could do it) has done so with the use of some artifact or by some other means.

Going by your logic, GR could lose via BFR just as easily as Scorpion could. Actually, it may be more skewed in Scorpion's favor since it has been shown that he has an easier time of BFR-ing people than GR.

keithcolby1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers