#1 Posted by fallen reptile (225 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Ghost Rider on this one.

#3 Posted by death monger (992 posts) - - Show Bio

kratos god killer
#4 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio

who and where is kratos from?

#5 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@capall: Kratos is the main character of the video game God of War.
#6 Posted by biggkeem89 (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghost Rider is godlike. Does his penance stare come into play here? If so, ghost rider all the way. Kratos has a LOT of sins to burn. If not, then Kratos wins in a grueling battle
#7 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite:  
oh i see, i ain't too familiar with that game so i wouldn't know altho the only way gr can be destroyed is via holy power so if kratos doesn't have any divine powers than he's screwed 
#8 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio
@capall: who needs divine power when you have glowy swords?
#9 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio
@hdorman1: ?
#10 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio
@capall: look at the pic
his swords are all glow-tastic
#11 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio
@hdorman1:  
didn't notice, is he a villain or a hero? what can he do in terms or powers and abilities?
#12 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@capall: 
He's kinda a hero. He's very powerful physically and he can use some magic. He was able to kill several Gods. I think GH can take due to the fact that he's done a lot of evil, including killing his own wife and child. He's just waiting to get taken down by the Penance stare.
#13 Posted by Ebbm (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

He is an anti-hero. He has killed multiple gods before and possesses the Gauntlet of Zeus, among other godlike weapons. are those considered divine?
#14 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio
@capall: 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kratos_%28God_of_War%29
i know its wikipedia
but its accurate
also
did you know that capal is irish for horse
your only one L too many :P
#15 Posted by glforthewin (2355 posts) - - Show Bio

kratos wins if he can end it before the penance stare comes into effect. that's the only way ghost rider could really win, any hellfire he throws kratos' way is just gonna get reflected back w/ the golden fleece 

#16 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite:  
well if that's the case then the stare should do the job 

@Ebbm:  
those are of greek gods, not necessarily divine powers 

@hdorman1:
there is a extra L for a reason, lol but didn't know that till now, thanx for the info tho it maybe useful one day hopefully, lmao 
#17 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio
@glforthewin:  
hell fire burns the soul not just physical body
#18 Posted by Matezoide2 (15999 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghost Rider wins as much as i hate to admit

1) Hellfire burns the soul,not just the physical body like Capall stated,so Kratos`s durability becomes almost useless
2) Ghost Rider can just heal from anything Kratos does to him

while Kratos showed a great ``soul resistance`` 

it wont be enough to tank multiple hellfire attacks from GR,also i dont think the penance stare would work on Kratos,but Ghost Rider simply doesnt need it,Kratos will keep fighting for a lot of time,dodging/blocking hellfire but eventualy,he will get overpowered
#19 Posted by Sexy Merc (42076 posts) - - Show Bio

***SPOILER ALERT FOR GOD OF WAR 3**** DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU BEAT IT...........Kratos prevented Hades the God of the Underworld from ripping his soul out of his body and ended up in return ripping out Hades soul with his own weapon. That might count for something here....
#20 Posted by Matezoide2 (15999 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc: 
yeah,i already said that,it is a very impressive feat for Kratos,but i dont see why Ghost Rider cant overpower him with multiple attacks

he is the one who one-shotted a dude with 50% of Satan`s power after all
#21 Posted by Sexy Merc (42076 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide:
yeah true, sorry didn't see your post. You beat the game? How was it?
#22 Posted by Ebbm (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos killed the sisters of Fate and exhibits abilities dealing with Time control. He could just freeze time and get out of the way. He is also the god of war, which makes him a master strategist and fighter. He has the power to slay gods and be unaffected by magical attacks that regularly affect other immortals. In Chains of Olympus he defeated the Titan (I forget which one, Prometheus??) and Persephone. He has the wisdom/guidance of Athena as well as a weapon created by her not to mention limited powers of Zeus thanks to the Gauntlet of Zeus.

Kratos also has control over a demonic fire, called the Efreet.

#23 Edited by Ebbm (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

Hades and Satan serve basically the same purpose, a being with 50% of Satan's power isn't equivalent with a full powered Hades.
#24 Edited by Matezoide2 (15999 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc: 
actualy,i didnt beat the game (my copy will arrive tomorrow),but i saw the moment  

because i wanted to compare the final to the demo`s graphics
cant wait for it,it is going to be the best birthday gift ever
and dont worry about missing my post,pal

@Ebbm:
he could only use time-control on God of War 2 when certain statues were present,also the Gods doesnt have enough feats to put then on Ghost Rider`s level,except Zeus one-shotting two armies (with was actualy his plus Ares`s power)
he doesnt have Efreet anymore,just like he doesnt have Zeus`s gauntlet,i do agree he is smarter than Ghost Rider
lately,the gods doesnt have healing powers like Ghost Rider,wich is the reason i believe Kratos will lose

#25 Posted by skywarp123 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

First none of ghost rider killed his wife he use penance stare only on a guilty person who caused death and pain and i think Kratos caused a lot of pain and none of Kratos powers cam affect GR because Kratos used only powers based on fire and GR contol the hellfire.

#26 Posted by SHAZAM117 (3568 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh boy...Penance Stare all day ftw.....Kratos has got some diiiiiirrrrty laundry

#27 Posted by ShootingNova (18675 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos has sinned, severely.

GR's Penance Stare owns him.

#28 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

Kratos has sinned, severely.

GR's Penance Stare owns him.

this plus the fact the gods in GOW are very overestimated and are not on par with their marvel or DC counterparts.

#29 Posted by ShootingNova (18675 posts) - - Show Bio

@joeagentofhand1: Or their mythological counterparts. But let's not get into that......

#30 Posted by TheFlyingHammer (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos.

He had the ability to not only resist Hades soul ripping power, but to reverse it and consume Hades soul.

He killed Zeus.

Not only that, but he beat him to death.

With his hands.

To reiterate, Kratos punched Zeus to death.

He's also able to break free of a Gorgons stare if that counts for anything.

Yes Kratos has guilt to burn, but he's shown resistance to soul attacks before. I believe Kratos will be able to incapacitate GR.

#31 Posted by ghostrider fan1 (778 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheFlyingHammer: sure he can take down a few gods, but only God can kill a ghost rider. now, restrain him or something along that line is possible, but coming out of this battle in one piece with a god-like being who can take your sins and burn you with them... its gonna be hard. plus you dont know if those gods are marvel equals of gods. so I go with GR, but in a hard fight

#32 Posted by TheFlyingHammer (18 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostrider fan1: I understand where you're coming from.

That's why I never said Kratos would kill him, I believe he's powerful enough to incapacitate him in some form.

I understand Ghost Rider is immortal, but I'm giving it to Kratos, but I agree it will be one hell of a fight.

#33 Posted by ShootingNova (18675 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheFlyingHammer said:

Kratos.

I'm fine with you having a different opinion, as long as you have reasoning, which you do have here.

He had the ability to not only resist Hades soul ripping power, but to reverse it and consume Hades soul.

Not really comparable in this scenario, because Hades has failed to rip the soul of a Titan until he was hit by Poseidon's attack, and Kratos couldn't rip out Hades soul until he got the claws, which he does not have here.

He killed Zeus.

With the Blade of Olympus.

Not only that, but he beat him to death.

Not to death entirely, just painfully.

With his hands.

To quote myself again,

said:

To reiterate, Kratos punched Zeus to death.

Once again,

said:

He's also able to break free of a Gorgons stare if that counts for anything.

Impressive, but insufficient.

Yes Kratos has guilt to burn, but he's shown resistance to soul attacks before.

Except those soul attacks have no feats, except for failing on a Titan until it was severely weakened from a back-attack.

I believe Kratos will be able to incapacitate GR.

Not really. The Blade of Olympus and Pandora's Box was not specified, and are not part of his natural gear, so they wouldn't be in this scenario.

On the other hand, Kratos' other attacks are physical, and physical attacks do nothing to Ghost Rider. GR has felt nothing when World Breaker Hulk (who is much more powerful than Kratos physically {having ripped a world in half easily}), attacked him physically.

#34 Posted by GhostRider2 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheFlyingHammer: No he is not able to incapacitate him.

#35 Posted by ShootingNova (18675 posts) - - Show Bio

@GhostRider2: Well, here's one of those threads where I am siding with Ghost Rider. Are you happy?

#36 Posted by TheFlyingHammer (18 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova:

Ghost Rider was attacked by World War Hulk, much weaker than World Breaker. Irrelevant but it's true.

The penance stare is said not to work on someone whom is on drugs, or has lost their mind.

I don't read Ghost Rider, but that's what everyone goes on about.

Regardless, Kratos' swords are magic. If Kratos can wrap the rider, or bury him in some way he wins.

I believe that's possible. I'm not saying this is a stomp by any means, but I see Kratos taking it 6/10.

#37 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3526 posts) - - Show Bio
@ShootingNova

@GhostRider2: Well, here's one of those threads where I am siding with Ghost Rider. Are you happy?

Lmao!! Its about time.
#38 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3526 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheFlyingHammer

@ShootingNova:

Ghost Rider was attacked by World War Hulk, much weaker than World Breaker. Irrelevant but it's true.

The penance stare is said not to work on someone whom is on drugs, or has lost their mind.

Regardless, Kratos' swords are magic. If Kratos can wrap the rider, or bury him in some way he wins.

I believe that's possible. I'm not saying this is a stomp by any means, but I see Kratos taking it 6/10.

I have to disagree! Even if kratos somehow hurt ghost rider he can and will heal instantly. Ghost rider can use penance stare, hellfire, or even his chains to incapacitate kratos. I dnt see kratos winning a majority here.
#39 Posted by beautifulrevery (1517 posts) - - Show Bio

Does the Penance Stare affect divine beings because (totally canon) ******SPOILER ALERT****** Kratos is Zeus's son therefore a demi-god. *****END SPOILER*****

#40 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3526 posts) - - Show Bio
@beautifulrevery

Does the Penance Stare affect divine beings because (totally canon) ******SPOILER ALERT****** Kratos is Zeus's son therefore a demi-god. *****END SPOILER*****

Kratos has a lot to answer for. Penance stare would wreck him. Ghost rider have used penance stare on angels before. So it will definately work on kratos
#41 Posted by ShootingNova (18675 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheFlyingHammer said:

I thought I said WWH.... oh well. I apologize if I said World Breaker. Regardless, Ghost Rider has shown and been stated that he cannot be harmed by purely physical means, which is Kratos' buff.

Not always. Also, Kratos has sinned, he himself admitted it. Thus, the PS will work on him.

It doesn't matter. If you have sufficient knowledge to debate, then you can. Unless you're saying you know very little about Ghost Rider.

Simply because its "magic" does not, in any way, allow him to instantly defeat an immortal being. Ghost Rider still will barely be fazed at best.

Alright. I disagree, however, and think that Ghost Rider definitely wins.

#42 Edited by GameOfMarvel (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghost rider is my second favourite comic book charachter,BUT...

With the heavy heart i have to say kratos win

Because this dude has magic weapons,sooooo...

Ghost riders weaknesses are holy weapons and stron magic.

Kratos has the sword of olimys wich is magical

R.I.P. Ghost rider :(

#43 Edited by Testament (594 posts) - - Show Bio

@gameofmarvel:

Not really at all. You really aren't coming across as a Ghost Rider fan. Ghost Rider can't die so I have no idea why you put "R.I.P. Ghost Rider :(" He didn't have a problem killing Strange and it was never specified weather or not he had the Sword of Olympus which is the OP's fault. If Kratos somehow manages to knock him out then we know what's coming next.. no not death, the Spirit of Vengeance takes hold in which case, R.I.P Kratos :(

#44 Posted by NeonGameWave (8383 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghost Rider can die, Ghost Riders have died before, the three things that can harm a Ghost Rider are the following:

1. Holy and divine weapons

2. Magic

3. Another Ghost Rider

Kratos fits the bill for 2 since he`s always carrying around an arsenal that is drenched and heavily influenced by magic at a strong level so as long as Kratos keeps his distance in which he can rely more on his AoE attacks (which he has plenty of) he should do just fine.

#45 Posted by Testament (594 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghost Rider can die, Ghost Riders have died before, the three things that can harm a Ghost Rider are the following:

1. Holy and divine weapons

2. Magic

3. Another Ghost Rider

Kratos fits the bill for 2 since he`s always carrying around an arsenal that is drenched and heavily influenced by magic at a strong level so as long as Kratos keeps his distance in which he can rely more on his AoE attacks (which he has plenty of) he should do just fine.

You sure about Divine? I really don't think that works on him, I know Holy weapons do but not divine. Maybe that was before the retcon

#46 Edited by HotRod82 (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna have to go with Kratos. Have you seen what he does to GODLIKE creatures?

#47 Edited by Cgoodness (5455 posts) - - Show Bio

GR easily

#48 Posted by dondave (38783 posts) - - Show Bio

Too Many Sins

#49 Posted by laflux (17519 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Too Many Sins

Man you beat me to it :(

#50 Edited by Testament (594 posts) - - Show Bio

@hotrod82:

Have you seen what the penance stare does to people who murder their wives and children and kill thousands??