#1 Posted by MonsterObsessor (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, both of them are supernatural theme characters. While Ghost Rider has hellfire powers, Constantine is a normal human who can do exorcism.

So, who will win in this battle?

#2 Posted by Sexy Merc (42065 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it a random encounter or does John get some sort of preparation?

#3 Posted by NickA (2216 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we all know how this will turn out

#4 Posted by DaMainMan (802 posts) - - Show Bio

Constantine for the win. And that penace stare won't do jack against a guy who is already keenly aware of his guilt...and hell bent destiny.  
#5 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio

GR slaughterhouse, John needs prep in order to have any chance here at all
#6 Posted by Pr_Beyonder (2440 posts) - - Show Bio

I think  Ghost Riders badass factor gives  him a good edge
#7 Edited by stevon (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

No prep? I don't know if Constantine will know what he's getting into and he'll get his butt kicked. I don't know much about Constantine though.
#8 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9183 posts) - - Show Bio

Random encounter? Not really fair to poor John Con.
#9 Posted by King Saturn (222794 posts) - - Show Bio
Ghost Rider should win... 
#10 Posted by beatboks1 (6371 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering that John has beaten the devil (you know the guy Johnny sold his soul to to get the GR powers) three times. Considering he's kicked the bejsus out of almost every demon from hell and angel from on high I actually give him a shot at this one.  Remember the first of the fallen had good reason to really want to hurt John. John had insulted him, made him look pathetic.  On their first encounter TFOF had come to claim the soul of one of John's friends who had sold it to him. John had just met with the friend to see if he new a magic way to get around his lung cancer, and was having a drink  of beer with the friend (beer which was actually water from a spring blessed by St patrick turned to beer by magic). TFOF agrees to have a beer with John due to admiration of his rep and when he gets up to claim his soul b4 midnight (as per the clause the friend added to the contract) john blows out the candles turning the beer filling the devils gut into holy water. Seconfd encounter he tricks the devil into healing him if he doesn't want to loose hell.

NAHH Johnny boy has this hands down JC could take down the Bat god if he was P#@ off enough.

#11 Posted by PhantomSpells (6 posts) - - Show Bio

i have been doing some research on ghost rider (i did not have to research constantine) it is said he is highly resistant to any attack but his weakness is the light and easly can be conveyed by magic he call also pick up 19 tons but constanttine can pick up 50 by magic not physical strenght so i thick constantine wins!

#12 Edited by LordOfAllHumans (3726 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering that John has beaten the devil (you know the guy Johnny sold his soul to to get the GR powers) three times. Considering he's kicked the bejsus out of almost every demon from hell and angel from on high I actually give him a shot at this one. Remember the first of the fallen had good reason to really want to hurt John. John had insulted him, made him look pathetic. On their first encounter TFOF had come to claim the soul of one of John's friends who had sold it to him. John had just met with the friend to see if he new a magic way to get around his lung cancer, and was having a drink of beer with the friend (beer which was actually water from a spring blessed by St patrick turned to beer by magic). TFOF agrees to have a beer with John due to admiration of his rep and when he gets up to claim his soul b4 midnight (as per the clause the friend added to the contract) john blows out the candles turning the beer filling the devils gut into holy water. Seconfd encounter he tricks the devil into healing him if he doesn't want to loose hell.

NAHH Johnny boy has this hands down JC could take down the Bat god if he was P#@ off enough.

That's all through trickery though. This is a fight, Ghost Rider is not about to sit down and have a drink with this guy. If he was so free of all his guilt and such then he would not be worried about hell in the first place to even come up with such elaborate schemes to get out of going there, the PS should work on him just fine.

#13 Edited by beatboks1 (6371 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

Considering that John has beaten the devil (you know the guy Johnny sold his soul to to get the GR powers) three times. Considering he's kicked the bejsus out of almost every demon from hell and angel from on high I actually give him a shot at this one. Remember the first of the fallen had good reason to really want to hurt John. John had insulted him, made him look pathetic. On their first encounter TFOF had come to claim the soul of one of John's friends who had sold it to him. John had just met with the friend to see if he new a magic way to get around his lung cancer, and was having a drink of beer with the friend (beer which was actually water from a spring blessed by St patrick turned to beer by magic). TFOF agrees to have a beer with John due to admiration of his rep and when he gets up to claim his soul b4 midnight (as per the clause the friend added to the contract) john blows out the candles turning the beer filling the devils gut into holy water. Seconfd encounter he tricks the devil into healing him if he doesn't want to loose hell.

That's all through trickery though. This is a fight, Ghost Rider is not about to sit down and have a drink with this guy. If he was so free of all his guilt and such then he would not be worried about hell in the first place to even come up with such elaborate schemes to get out of going there, the PS should work on him just fine.

The penance stare would have worked on him back then, he had a lot of sins to atone for ( John is NO saint). But he later tricked another demon who had the souls of children in his possession. John grafted half his soul to another who had reason to fear Hell. He had this particular gent by the short and curlies. He had him offer his soul to the demon in exchange for all the innocent souls he possessed. The grafting meant that the demon thought he was john and figured it was a great deal because the power he lost he would get back 10 fold when he gave the most hated soul of FOTF to him. The grafting basically removed all stain from John's soul. According to the Phantom Stranger his soul is now free to go where he chooses.

Also trickery is how John fights, he tricks hell lords into beating themselves up. Or he manipulates them into it.

#14 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (3726 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofallhumans said:

@beatboks1 said:

The penance stare would have worked on him back then, he had a lot of sins to atone for ( John is NO saint). But he later tricked another demon who had the souls of children in his possession. John grafted half his soul to another who had reason to fear Hell. He had this particular gent by the short and curlies. He had him offer his soul to the demon in exchange for all the innocent souls he possessed. The grafting meant that the demon thought he was john and figured it was a great deal because the power he lost he would get back 10 fold when he gave the most hated soul of FOTF to him. The grafting basically removed all stain from John's soul. According to the Phantom Stranger his soul is now free to go where he chooses.

Also trickery is how John fights, he tricks hell lords into beating themselves up. Or he manipulates them into it.

That just sounds like he is not bound to go to hell, my point is he is still very much human, and his book is very much based on Christian themes as far as sin goes. My point is no mortal is free from the stain of sin and as long as he has a soul and is not a force beyond the powers of hell (he isn't or he wouldn't use so much trickery) then there will be a new stain on his soul even after the others were cleared.

I still don't see how him being able to trick them, gets him a win against somebody that is not trying to have a conversation with him.

#15 Posted by theDCkid (874 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna side with Ghost Rider.

#16 Posted by GhostRider2 (2985 posts) - - Show Bio

i have been doing some research on ghost rider (i did not have to research constantine) it is said he is highly resistant to any attack but his weakness is the light and easly can be conveyed by magic he call also pick up 19 tons but constanttine can pick up 50 by magic not physical strenght so i thick constantine wins!

He can lift more but it's not about who can lift more, and since is no rule against Zarathos he will take over if Blaze can't handle him.Ghost Rider also penance stared dr Strange.

#17 Edited by henrik (559 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghost rider

#18 Posted by tparks (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to admit, that I've only casually read both of these characters. I was wondering if Constantine would be able to exorcise the Ghost Rider spirit from Johnny Blaze's body. Can anyone clear this up for me?

#19 Posted by beatboks1 (6371 posts) - - Show Bio

I still don't see how him being able to trick them, gets him a win against somebody that is not trying to have a conversation with him.

Not all of John's trickery revolves around him talking to people. He generally uses his TP to know the deepest darkest secrets of his opponent. Using his magic and playing their character he would use their character flaws against them. In some cases by illusion that might mean making them live out their greatest fears, or fall prey to their greatest desires. The reason First of the Fallen had so much admiration for him before he tricked him the first time ( the drink over his friends soul) was because he considered him to be hell lord level and admired how he had every demon in hell turning over with fear at the mention of his name.

Bottom line, Constantine has defeated in battle high level demons more on Zarathos level than just the GR. I don't really see him having a problem doing so again. He's also done this without prep but with things he had "prepared" for a rainy day. John is talked about as a prep master, but honestly most of his prep is just things he puts aside and has ready should certain things arise. He usually responds to things on the fly that he had a plan up his sleeve for a rainy day.

#20 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6083 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghost Rider most likely.

#21 Posted by NeonGameWave (7205 posts) - - Show Bio

John Constantine stomps if he has prep.