"

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The_Martian

Hmm...I'm not sure the Omega Beams would work on someone who is the right hand of god.

Sephirim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Sephirim

Ghost rider

Hedatary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hedatary

Ghost Rider, wtf!! Every ghost rider has a saftey mechanism that unlocks his potential of having god like powers. After he got defeated by Hulk, he unlocked it. And who knows what else he unlocked. Sides. his stare is enough to beat the guy.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7  Edited By Zoom

Darkseid wins in a fight.

Funny you should mention the Omega Beams possibly not working against the right hand of God, Nobody, since they've done exactly that against the Spectre, who works much closer with his "boss" and is much more powerful than the Rider.

But if they actually stared into each others eyes and used their powers at the same time?  I guess they'd both die.  Darkseid might be immune to the penance stare.  But probably not.

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By The_Scourge

GR

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AtPhantom

Ghost rider is not the hand of god, he is a demon, And the omega beams were capable of hurting the spectre, who is much higher on the divine scale than GR.
As for penance stare, I don't know, but Darkseid was shown to be immune to other magical beings. Eclipso, Spectre's predecessor, was unable to posses him, for example.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By NightFang3
Zoom said:
"Darkseid wins in a fight.

Funny you should mention the Omega Beams possibly not working against the right hand of God, Nobody, since they've done exactly that against the Spectre, who works much closer with his "boss" and is much more powerful than the Rider.

But if they actually stared into each others eyes and used their powers at the same time?  I guess they'd both die.  Darkseid might be immune to the penance stare.  But probably not."
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zoom
Fresh Prince said:
"GR"

Don't be ridiculous.

All the characters that give Ghost Rider a good fight, even now with his huge power boost, are nothing to Darkseid.
Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rei-Kai

Penance Stare. Nuff said.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Zoom
Rei-Kai said:
"Penance Stare. Nuff said."

Omega Beams.  Nuff said.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Ghost Rider

Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rei-Kai

Ghost Rider can't be killed. Doc Strange blasted him, nothing happened. GR had his head blown to pieces, it reformed. Satan tore his leg off, it came back. Penance Stare is plot-device attack. It rapes Darkseid.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AtPhantom

DS could separate Zarathos and johnny blaze and then send Zarathos back to hell...

Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rei-Kai

No, he couldn't. Also, Zarathos is no longer a demon. In fact it's revealed that the Ghost Rider entity is an angel. And put it this way, he used the PS on another angel and fried him. Since it uses your own sins against you, and Darkseid has done nothing but sin his entire life, the PS will destroy him.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AtPhantom

Eclipso also used to be an angel, also uses sins, but he draws them to the surface and then possesses his target.
And guess what, Darkseid is immune to him.

Dividing firestorm, one of the four elementals, shown to be pretty heavy in the magical world...
Dividing firestorm, one of the four elementals, shown to be pretty heavy in the magical world...
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By castleking

nice not only does he have tech now he is metaphysical, God i hate dc characters and there inconsistencies is he going to show us that he can match the stranger in a magic fight   he wasnt  immune to the specter power blast

Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rei-Kai

Firestorm has always been two people. Zarathos and Blaze are one entity now. They can't be separated. If they could be, Satan or Mephisto would've done so already in order to keep GR from fighting him. As it stands, GR has already beaten Satan and sent him back to Hell. Doc Strange can't even figure out anything about GR, being a 'wonder of mystic design.'  And GR doesn't use souls nor does he possess. He makes you suffer the culminated pain of all the people you've ever hurt. And since it worked on Galactus, it's going to work on Darkseid.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AtPhantom

When has that worked on galactus?

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Zoom
Rei-Kai said:
"Ghost Rider can't be killed. Doc Strange blasted him, nothing happened. GR had his head blown to pieces, it reformed. Satan tore his leg off, it came back. Penance Stare is plot-device attack. It rapes Darkseid."
This is completely false.

Ghost Rider is not invicible.  He's just really really tough physically.  The Omega Beams are more powerful than anything Strange has.  They can remove you from reality itself.  There is absolutely nothing about Ghost Rider (and this is coming from a guy that has been reading about Blaze since his very first adventures and owns every issues and annual of his current series) that would allow him to resist the Omega Beams.  NOTHING.

As for the penance stare, it is not the end all be all attack.  There are several characters (Morbius, Venom) who have resisted it for various reasons.  Plus, it requires him to dodge Omega Beams and get in close with a guy who is stronger than Superman and hope to not get punched or thrown away.  It's just not gonna happen.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By castleking

if you stay close to darkseid character he would allow GR to approach him in battle with arms behind a smirk on his face and some scary statement of him being a god

GR than proceeds to rape him with stare

Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rei-Kai

GR got slammed by World War Hulk, who is much stronger than Superman. GR is the literal wrath of God. His powers are limitless.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I think Darkseid can get'em.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Ghost Rider

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AtPhantom
castleking said:
"nice not only does he have tech now he is metaphysical, God i hate dc characters and there inconsistencies is he going to show us that he can match the stranger in a magic fight   he wasnt  immune to the specter power blast"
it's kind of mixed up. ronnie and stein became fused with the firestorm matrix through technology, but at its core firestorm is a fire elemental. Similarly, Red tornado is an air elemental possessing a robot body. there is also a plant elemental (swamp thing) and a water elemental whom i don't know...
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By Static Shock  Online
Zoom said:
"Funny you should mention the Omega Beams possibly not working against the right hand of God, Nobody, since they've done exactly that against the Spectre, who works much closer with his "boss" and is much more powerful than the Rider.
It's funny how the Omega Beams work on Spectre but not Superman.... I heard that they don't hurt Superman because he is protected by the Source (DC's God). Why wouldn't the Spectre be protected if he's closer to him? Weird.

Zoom said:
"Plus, it requires him to dodge Omega Beams and get in close with a guy who is stronger than Superman and hope to not get punched or thrown away.  It's just not gonna happen."
Agreed. I made similar case for this in other threads, like the Doomsday vs. GR thread, I think. A lot of people disagreed.

Rei-Kai said:
"And since it worked on Galactus....."

I suggest you back this up with evidence....
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AtPhantom
Static Shock said:
"Zoom said:
"Funny you should mention the Omega Beams possibly not working against the right hand of God, Nobody, since they've done exactly that against the Spectre, who works much closer with his "boss" and is much more powerful than the Rider.
It's funny how the Omega Beams work on Spectre but not Superman.... I heard that they don't hurt Superman because he is protected by the Source (DC's God). Why wouldn't the Spectre be protected if he's closer to him? Weird.

"
Source is not DCs god, Presence is. Source is more like DCs eternity. and he didn't protect the spectre because:
1. it's out of its jurisdiction
2. doesn't like the spectre as much as supes
3. spectre wasn't vital to the future of the universe as supes was at that point...
4. spectre can take care of himself...

but i agree with you on the rest...
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Static Shock  Online
AtPhantom said:
"Source is not DCs god, Presence is. Source is more like DCs eternity. and he didn't protect the spectre because:
3. spectre wasn't vital to the future of the universe as supes was at that point...

but i agree with you on the rest..."
I thought the Source and the Presence were the same.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AtPhantom
Static Shock said:
"AtPhantom said:
"Source is not DCs god, Presence is. Source is more like DCs eternity. and he didn't protect the spectre because:

but i agree with you on the rest..."
I thought the Source and the Presence were the same."
Nope, Source is like the shared cosmic consciousness, like Eternity. He has no relation to the Spectre whatsoever.
Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Rei-Kai

Animated clip of an event that does occur in the comics.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Static Shock  Online
Rei-Kai said:
"Animated clip of an event that does occur in the comics.

"
I know that the Fantastic Four animated series has episodes that match the comic book series, like the issue where Black Panther owned the whole team by himself. However, you should also post the instance from comic book to back it up....
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#34  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Rei-Kai said:
"Animated clip of an event that does occur in the comics.

"
How did I know someone was going to post this stupid sh#t.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AtPhantom

I don't think it should work on galactus at all, cartoon or comics version...

Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#36  Edited By Dark King

no it shouldnt he is above the concept of right and wrong and he never did anything out of malice

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AtPhantom
Dark King said:
"no it shouldnt he is above the concept of right and wrong and he never did anything out of malice"
Exactly!
Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Rei-Kai

Galactus, however, has felt guilt and remorse over the fact that he has taken lives in order to survive. Though he should be beyond such things, it still didn't stop the PS from affecting him. Even someone like Doc Strange who is basically good, it still put him down and it took one of the mystic deities who helps him to save him. And like I said before, I worked on Angels sent from heaven.

Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Dark King

but like all bad writing, writers dont study their characters and that's how you get inconsistency and retcons

Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Rei-Kai

Well the thing with Doc Strange and the angels occurred in a long series and stories, starting with GR escaping from Hell and accidentally taking Satan for the ride. And it was actually a very good story. Before this point, Blaze has never been able to use the Penance Stare. It was always an ability solely used by Ketch. However, after Blaze's return, he got a lot more powerful. He can shoot chains from his mouth and chest, as well as Hellfire blasts that were strong enough to punch a hole in Satan's side.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Static Shock  Online
Dark King said:
"no it shouldnt he is above the concept of right and wrong and he never did anything out of malice"
I don't agree with this. Devouring planets with innocents on it would me him vulnerable to the Penance Stare, regardless.
Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Dark King

then that is your right,   galactus has stated that he is beyond moral constraints so has the watcher anyone who talks about him he is a force of nature

Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Rei-Kai

However the Watcher has broken his vow numerous times in order to help save the Earth, which shows he himself is not beyond such concerns or constraints. And Galactus has acted out of anger and malice before. Like when he obliterated numerous solar systems after breaking free of Thanos' constructs in order to take revenge on Annihilus for using his energy like a weapon.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Static Shock  Online
Dark King said:
"then that is your right,   galactus has stated that he is beyond moral constraints so has the watcher anyone who talks about him he is a force of nature"
But, later feels guilt for killing billions of innocents? Doesn't make sense. If he's beyond moral constraints, than he should have never felt guilt for anything. He may believe himself to be beyond moral constraints, but it doesn't make so.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Static Shock  Online
Rei-Kai said:
"And Galactus has acted out of anger and malice before. Like when he obliterated numerous solar systems after breaking free of Thanos' constructs in order to take revenge on Annihilus for using his energy like a weapon."
Or the time when Adam Warlock called him a fool, and Galactus blasted him out of anger.... Beyond moral constraints, my ass... LOL. I'm almost led to believe the Penance Stare could work on Galactus. I just need to see it in the comics to fully believe it.
Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Dark King

okay you guys got me damn it !! but lets keep on track on this battle    *mumbles walking away stupid pis writing

Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Rei-Kai
Static Shock said:
Or the time when Adam Warlock called him a fool, and Galactus blasted him out of anger.... Beyond moral constraints, my ass... LOL. I'm almost led to believe the Penance Stare could work on Galactus. I just need to see it in the comics to fully believe it."
If I had the actual comic, I woulda scanned it and shown it. But that's what Borders is for. I still got a check to cash so I can try and hunt down where that occurs in the morning.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Static Shock  Online
Rei-Kai said:
If I had the actual comic, I woulda scanned it and shown it. But that's what Borders is for. I still got a check to cash so I can try and hunt down where that occurs in the morning."
OK. Cool beans.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AtPhantom

Nice...

Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Rei-Kai

Well Wiki was no help in a reference number as to the issue number in question (since it was GR-Ketch who P-stared Galactus), though it did tell how Ketch was the Angel of Death and became King of Hell in Black Heart's place. Seems like the GR's main jobs are to kick the asses of all Hell Lords and take over. Ketch took down Black Heart and Blaze blew Satan back into the pits.