• 130 results
#1 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is property of @IndieComicsFTW.

VS

• We will count feats for the first, and second GR movies. Even though the second movie (way better the the 1st) retcons the 1st movie.
  • This is Movie Avengers, and only feats from their said canon movies apply.
  • Battle to the Death or KO.
  • Battle in a small town filled with by standers.

#2 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

So after seeing the second movie even though haters told me not too, I got to say I immensely enjoyed the second movie which seems to retcon the first movie. Sure its not a MoS or Nolan Batman worthy film. No awards for acting will be rewarded, but this movie was very fun, and visually appealing for me. The action was not lacking this time like the first movie either. Also I liked how Ghost Rider was this bat crazy insane angel. What a neat twist on the mythos. Anyway, haters can hate all they want, I liked it, and as a GR fan I am glad to have at least one decent movie out for GR.

With that said, debate on.

#3 Posted by Wardemon32 (4152 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghost Rider gets his head bashed in.

#4 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18416 posts) - - Show Bio

they all get one shotted via

#5 Edited by shroudofsorrow (3177 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: I too saw GR: Spirit of Vengeance recently and yes, it was decent. Not to mention they found a leading lady who rivaled Eva Mendes in hotness. No easy feat.

That out of the way, Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man together should be enough to win this, as enough explosive force was shown to be able to cause GR to revert to Johnny Blaze. The other Avengers would get slaughter-stomped.

#6 Edited by Chibi_cute (4562 posts) - - Show Bio

they all get one shotted via

Haven't seen the second movie... is ghost rider invulnerable to physical damage.?

#7 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3177 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibi_cute: He was highly resistant but not quite invulnerable. Enough explosive force can cause him to revert to Johnny Blaze, namely multiple grenades plus an exploding car. I'm pretty confident that Thor, Iron Man, and Hawkeye with explosive arrows working in concert could replicate the needed amount of force.

#8 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9616 posts) - - Show Bio

No Way to beat Thor.

#9 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3177 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: Or Hulk for that matter. He'd be hard-pressed to tag Iron Man as well.

#10 Posted by Chibi_cute (4562 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: Or Hulk for that matter. He'd be hard-pressed to tag Iron Man as well.

then that means he can only kill cap hawkeye and black widow here..

#11 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9616 posts) - - Show Bio

@shroudofsorrow said:

then that means he can only kill cap hawkeye and black widow here..

Yep, and Fury.

#12 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibi_cute: He was highly resistant but not quite invulnerable. Enough explosive force can cause him to revert to Johnny Blaze, namely multiple grenades plus an exploding car. I'm pretty confident that Thor, Iron Man, and Hawkeye with explosive arrows working in concert could replicate the needed amount of force.

Dis agree.

Ghost Rider was hit with 2 straight Missiles desighn for tanks, a Grenade in his face, and was bullet proof to head shots of 30 rounds non stop. All in the same 5 minuets.

This kill count video shows great feats from Spirit of Vengeance.

Also yes, GR was KOed with 2 grenades and a exploding car, however that can be attributed to the child of Satan who made GR powers go wonky IMO. The Kid has a habit of making GR powers go on the fritz in the movie, and the kid was staring GR down in that creepy way when he was KOed. So that could be easily seen as that when GR later tanks Bullets to head, Grenade to face, and 2 Missiles design to bust tanks.

#13 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3177 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: And Cap as well, though his shield would afford him some level of protection.

#14 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9575 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

Cap can break him by himself via shield decapitation, he is also a much better warrior he might be hit by a PS but i would put an * in that as Cap is a hell of a boyscout

Hawk can use any number of special arrows ( even in movie he has a wide varaity of them) hell one of them one shoted a massive helicarrer engine that is a lot a of fire power, and to get to hawck GR has to get by Cap which is an issuie

Iron man has massive fire power and is faster then anyone GR has ever fought he can take GR by himself

Hulk smash puny ghost rider

Thor calls in a lighting strike then shatters the corpus or just BFR's him with a hammer trow and/or tornado

#15 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3177 posts) - - Show Bio

@cjdavis103: The Cap one's kind of ridiculous, the Hawkeye one is possible but unlikely because GR will have likely killed him before he can unload enough arrows on him, and the others all sound pretty on point.

#16 Posted by homicidalmaniac (7904 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: I agree that second movie was lots better than the first movie.I think they could get a better actor to play Johnny Blaze.

Anyway,if GR can PS everyone on the Avengers.GR could win this.

#17 Edited by shroudofsorrow (3177 posts) - - Show Bio

@homicidalmaniac: Which will never happen because that's not how he fights. He will have been bested long before he can do that.

@cadencev2: Really? Well then in that case the only Avenger who have any chance whatsoever of hurting him is Thor. Everyone else won't be able to injure him at all, though at the same time GR is still completely without a means of reaching Iron Man if he stays airborne.

#18 Edited by homicidalmaniac (7904 posts) - - Show Bio

@shroudofsorrow: Movie Ghost Rider is faster than most of the movie Avengers.Ghost Rider was moving faster than that guy with the anti-tank launcher can follow IIRC.That or Ghost Rider was messing with his gear.

#19 Edited by Cjdavis103 (9575 posts) - - Show Bio

@shroudofsorrow: Why? cap can deflect his chains, and his guns, he is faster on foot has better H2H fighting skills and all he is doing is buying time for hawk, IM or Thor sniping him

#20 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3177 posts) - - Show Bio

@homicidalmaniac: He is fast, but it is not in-character for him to just PS everyone in sight one by one. That is not how he fights in any of his many battles. He relies on his chains and pyrokinesis, not his PS. That's more a "finish him" type move/intimidation. It's not something he casually busts out in the middle of a battle.

@cjdavis103: All of that is valid. The "decapitate him with shield" bit though is nonsense.

#21 Posted by homicidalmaniac (7904 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by Thitiki (4209 posts) - - Show Bio

GR gets stomped seriously now. Hulk or Thor could solo I'm sure. One blast from Thor and GR is down.

#23 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3177 posts) - - Show Bio

@thitiki: Given GR's ridiculous amount of durability, I wouldn't go as far to say that he gets one-shotted, but yes Thor backed up by Hulk, Iron Man, and in a pinch Hawkeye's explosive arrows will likely secure victory here.

#24 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9575 posts) - - Show Bio

@shroudofsorrow: not as much as you might think how is GR with being cut? Cap can generate a lot of force with his shield

#25 Posted by Thitiki (4209 posts) - - Show Bio

@shroudofsorrow: This is a stomp really. Thor could be a match for him but adding on the Hulk and others really is just a stomp.

#26 Edited by GhostRider2 (3382 posts) - - Show Bio

He was immune to missile/rockets after first scene where he got ko because Blaze didn't used his gift in a long time.And in the first movie the truck crash did absolutely nothing to him.

Widow, Hawkeye, Cap and Fury if he is here would get one shotted as in video below.Iron Man would annoy him, and would get melted, then it is Hulk and Thor vs GR and GR wins as they can't do a thing to him.

#27 Posted by fiodestromus (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

The team win because of Thor and Hulk

Ghost rider had been chopping through men with his chain,plus we saw him BFR Mephisto(or at least i think that was mephisto truthfully when they change a characters actor i get pretty freaking confused )

all he has to do is catch Cap and he could just turn him into ashes

I wonder could he turn iron mans suit into a hell construct(not saying he would do that but ) he's done it to almost everything

#28 Edited by Shot (1910 posts) - - Show Bio

lol what is Ghost Rider kills tony spark and rides his suit. IRON GHOST RIDER.

#29 Posted by Albertphytagoras (1907 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: I agree that second movie was lots better than the first movie.I think they could get a better actor to play Johnny Blaze.

Anyway,if GR can PS everyone on the Avengers.GR could win this.

This. The only dude who doesn't have morality issues is the captain America and maybe Thor.

All the other are screwed by the penance stare specially Hulk.

#30 Posted by dorukesin (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

Goooo home !

#31 Edited by RogueShadow (11118 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by Experio (16663 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor solos.

#33 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@shroudofsorrow: Movie Ghost Rider is faster than most of the movie Avengers.Ghost Rider was moving faster than that guy with the anti-tank launcher can follow IIRC.That or Ghost Rider was messing with his gear.

Ghost Rider showed super speed twice in the movie. First fight scene he moves as a shadow/blur ti OS the first bad guy. Second fight Scene he moves the same way when they were trying to lock another missile on to him.

This. The only dude who doesn't have morality issues is the captain America and maybe Thor.

All the other are screwed by the penance stare specially Hulk.

In the Movie, the Narration states the PS looks for anything that is wrong doing. Whether murder, rape, down to white lies! If found, the GR then eats your soul. He eats your soul in this movie lol.

@shot said:

lol what is Ghost Rider kills tony spark and rides his suit. IRON GHOST RIDER.

This is possible, as we seen he can Transmutate anything into a hell tool.

#34 Posted by Albertphytagoras (1907 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

So Ghost rider can take down the avengers if he plays smart.

#35 Edited by Cjdavis103 (9575 posts) - - Show Bio

@albertphytagoras:

Actually this is the avengers fight to lose

Cap has a shot at hanging with GR for some time by himself, with hawk on over-watch sniping GR the Human stand a chance on beating him ( especially with hawks explosive arrows those things one shoted a massive helicarrer engine) .

IM solos by staying out of range and nukeing him

Hulk smashes puny rider

Thor God stomps

all together GR has no chance

#36 Posted by Albertphytagoras (1907 posts) - - Show Bio

@albertphytagoras:

Actually this is the avengers fight to lose

Cap has a shot at hanging with GR for some time by himself, with hawk on over-watch sniping GR the Human stand a chance on beating him ( especially with hawks explosive arrows those things one shoted a massive helicarrer engine) .

IM solos by staying out of range and nukeing him

Hulk smashes puny rider

Thor God stomps

all together GR has no chance

Yeah as a team they should win.

But 1 on 1 I think GR can defeat anyone below Hulk and Thor.

#37 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9575 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cjdavis103 said:

@albertphytagoras: How is he going to tag IM?

Same way Thor tags Iron Man. Same way Whiplash tags Iron Man. Same way that dumb villain in the third movie tags Iron Man.

All three characters tag IM in close combat left and right. Thats because Iron Man in character engages in Close Combat all the time lol. Dont know why..... but IM hardly solos anyway. I will argue IM has no way to permanently put down GR at all with the weapons he has shown in the movies. If GR can brush of Missiles like nothing, why should IM put him down?

Also not sure how Cap or Hawkeye can put down GR either by themselves.

GR literally gets 30 rounds in the mouth, and then spits them out. No damage to his skull or nothing.

I think your clearly lowballing GR here lol. Or never seen the movies.

#39 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Goooo home !

This is the best way besides the PS that eats souls to deal with Hulk or Thor IMO as well. Send them straight to hell. Total BFR.

#40 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9575 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

I not trying to low ball i am trying to be realistic

I woul love to see GR try to choke down Caps shield that would be hilarious, and if normal humans can hit him Cap should be able to pummel him all day now i do not know for sure if he can put GR down for good that Hawks job

That was one arrow choke on that GR

#41 Posted by NeonGameWave (7992 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghost Rider loses badly.

Off Topic: I really liked the second movie and I think it stands as its own film, but to me personally it also compliments the first film.

#42 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

I not trying to low ball i am trying to be realistic

I woul love to see GR try to choke down Caps shield that would be hilarious, and if normal humans can hit him Cap should be able to pummel him all day now i do not know for sure if he can put GR down for good that Hawks job

That was one arrow choke on that GR

Im not sure why you keep bringing up the arrow thing?

GR hit by Missile. No Damage.

Hit by Grenade right after missile, no damage.

GR literally eats 30 rounds in the mouth, and then spits them out. No damage to his skull or nothing.

GR is hit by a second missile in the chest, flies up, and slam into the earth via explosion. No damage.

GR Tanks Grenades to the face from a Repeating Grenade Launcher.

GR Tanks a semi truck crushing him with no problems!

Soooo, whats with the arrow comment?

Also GR does have super speed.

Here he blitzes this guy who was standing over 100 feet away, as he turns into a shadowy blur.

Blitzes this guy who was fifty feet away as a blur.

Blitzes the main badguy who was trying to lock on him with the missile, but GR moved to fast all over the place.

So GR could just Blitz Hawkeye as well.

Have you seriously seen the movies?

#43 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave said:

Ghost Rider loses badly.

Off Topic: I really liked the second movie and I think it stands as its own film, but to me personally it also compliments the first film.

Ummm no. Look above, pretty decent fight.

Also why do you think it compliments the first film? They changed the contract sighning and the origin of Zarathos in the second movie which is cool as a reboot.

#44 Posted by cooljammy18 (982 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghost Rider reduces the street levelers to ashes via hellfire chains. If Iron Man engages in melee, well, Ghost Rider melts him. Now, if Tony plays it smart and fly and uses his energy attacks, he can maintain a distance between him and GR, allowing Hulk and Thor to do some work. But, Blaze has his motorcycle still and would just chase Tony down, unless Thor or Hulk can distract him. I don't know if movie Hulk or Thor's durability can withstand the hellfire chain attacks from Blaze though, or hellfire attacks in general. I'll have to think more about this before making a final decision.

#45 Edited by Noone301994 (5641 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Edited by NeonGameWave (7992 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

@neongamewave said:

Ghost Rider loses badly.

Ummm no. Look above, pretty decent fight.

Also why do you think it compliments the first film? They changed the contract sighning and the origin of Zarathos in the second movie which is cool as a reboot.

I don`t see how Ghost Rider is going to be taking on Thor and Hulk at once from ground level when Iron Man`s laser canons are going to be raining down from above also their more powerful than a typical rocket as they usually create the greater concentrated explosive radius....

They didn`t radically change a lot of the last film`s themes they more so expanded on it as they added more to the depth of the material, there might of been a few considerate alters but it still compliment`s the first film`s themes and atmospheres. Also Johnny Blaze himself, if I`m not mistaken makes several references to the events of the first film and regardless of the contract signing the point is that an entirely new storyline was being introduced so things would have to be shifted in a new direction in order to be presented in a new way.

#47 Edited by GhostRider2 (3382 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: i wonder if GR can find something close to a crane, not that he needs one but....

#48 Posted by lukehero (9896 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor & Captain America are both pure hearted Heroes, therefore no major sins....Ghost Riders takes everyone else down....I think Movie GR still was based on the idea he needed to be fighting evil doers.....

#49 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9575 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

Non of those missiles are even close to the size of the explosion the heli career arrow did

And hawk taged Loki who was flying at high speeds at a huge distance GR is going to be hit especially as he is being distracted by cap

#50 Posted by dorukesin (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

Johnny eats them all with Penance Stareee