Starting Distance:20 feet

• No metal bending
  • Win by KO or Death
  • Random encounter
  • No prep or knowledge
  • State of Mind: In Character
  • All feat from Lok and ATLA

Round 2:

Note: Ghazan starts the fight fight(round) with a moated platform, surrounded by a stream of lava, in the middle the terrain.

• Both characters have prep and knowledge
  • Toph has 6 metal sheets to bend(No bigger than A1 paper)
  • Morals off
ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

hmm.. i'd keep watch of this thread

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has Toph ever encountered lava?

KidPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to give the edge to Ghazan on both rounds with His Wrist Flick Lava Maker.

Close match tho

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghazan might take this via burning Toph's feet. She might not even be ble to sense him with all that lava around him. And one well aimed lava shuriken could take her head off.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

um as of now it prolly be a close match, however as the show moves on Ghazan will prolly beat her.

Avatar image for iskandarthegreat
IskandarTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Until Ghazan shows more impressive feats, I say Toph takes this.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toph seems to be the more powerful earthbender, but it's hard to tell how her vibration sense would work with lava

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toph. She has shown waaaaaay more skill and power with earth than Ghazan has. The lava is an awesome trick but there are a few reasons why I feel that Toph wouldn't be bothered by it. For one, lava is still molten earth so I don't see why Toph couldn't bend it herself, but since she has not shown to be able to, I'll go with the other reasons. What people forget is that Toph's blindness enhanced her other senses beyond that of any other bender, including her sense of feel (seismic sense). Unlike Lin, Toph's connection to the earth, is second to none. It is a passive ability meaning it is always active. She has been shown to detect bodies of water that were making contact with the earth so burning lava, ( simply earth in a different form that gives off extreme heat) would be easily detected by her. She also has instant bending and reaction time on her side. The moment Ghazan even tensed his ligaments to prepare to bend, Toph would be preparing to counter. She is just far more skilled with earth than Ghazan is and has far better feats.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10 Lunacyde  Moderator

@arcus:

She encountered Lava on the Day of Black Sun, when infiltrating the Firelord's bunker.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: right, I forgot about that, could she sense it and stuff?

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ssj_god

@rijehu said:

Toph. She has shown waaaaaay more skill and power with earth than Ghazan has. The lava is an awesome trick but there are a few reasons why I feel that Toph wouldn't be bothered by it. For one, lava is still molten earth so I don't see why Toph couldn't bend it herself, but since she has not shown to be able to, I'll go with the other reasons. What people forget is that Toph's blindness enhanced her other senses beyond that of any other bender, including her sense of feel (seismic sense). Unlike Lin, Toph's connection to the earth, is second to none. It is a passive ability meaning it is always active. She has been shown to detect bodies of water that were making contact with the earth so burning lava, ( simply earth in a different form that gives off extreme heat) would be easily detected by her. She also has instant bending and reaction time on her side. The moment Ghazan even tensed his ligaments to prepare to bend, Toph would be preparing to counter. She is just far more skilled with earth than Ghazan is and has far better feats.

not every form of earth she can read... only solid earth is clearly visible to her.. that's why she was having problem in desert sands.. even though it was loose earth

and also.. she can't predict on air movements of ghazan's lava shurikens (which he can control movements of in the air).. because she have never faced anything like that before... and it doesn't touch the ground to let her feel it

though toph is a far better earth bender than ghazan by what little we've seen from him.. and i'll fancy her to win if she starts on a serious note.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lunacyde  Moderator

@ssj_god:

1. Yes, but he's not standing on Earth floating in Lava, the lava is just a pool around him. He is still standing on Earth she is connected to.

2. Toph can sense Earth in all it's forms in the air. She demonstrated this by sensing Earthen projectiles launched while her opponent was not touching the ground during "The Blind Bandit" and successfully hitting flaming projectiles out of the sky launched from another ship in "The Awakening" with precision. She also perfectly hit the trebuchet on the other ship, and was able to successfully launch herself Sokka, and Suki onto one of the airships during Sozin's Comet. These are just a few feats proving without a doubt she can sense Earth and by extension metal in the air. She would also feel the heat off the lava as her senses are heightened in absence of her sight.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ssj_god

@lunacyde said:

@ssj_god:

1. Yes, but he's not standing on Earth floating in Lava, the lava is just a pool around him. He is still standing on Earth she is connected to.

2. Toph can sense Earth in all it's forms in the air. She demonstrated this by sensing Earthen projectiles launched while her opponent was not touching the ground during "The Blind Bandit" and successfully hitting flaming projectiles out of the sky launched from another ship in "The Awakening" with precision. She also perfectly hit the trebuchet on the other ship, and was able to successfully launch herself Sokka, and Suki onto one of the airships during Sozin's Comet. These are just a few feats proving without a doubt she can sense Earth and by extension metal in the air. She would also feel the heat off the lava as her senses are heightened in absence of her sight.

1. he said toph can sense or even bend lava.. in that reply i told that.. not in the sense that she can't sense ghazan

2. earth benders projectiles goes in a straight line.. she can sense those by sensing earth benders movements... but ghazan can control the movements of his lava shurikens on air.. it's like he can change the path, make it go in a circular way.. circle around toph .. go up and down of toph.... she can not sense or predict such movements on air.. that's why she had problems dealing with twinkle toe aang.. because whichever time he stays on air, she can't predict his moves... and lava shuriken of ghazan can change it's movement on air just like aang.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lunacyde  Moderator

@ssj_god:

1. Fair enough.

2. No, she had trouble against Aang because he only attacked with air, he didn't attack with Earth. She can sense Earth/metal even if it is suspended in air. This is proven by her shooting a fire navy projectile out of the air perfectly. It was launched from a completely different ship, on the sea. There is no way she could have shot it down if she couldn't sense earth in the air.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She was also blocking all kinds of projectiles while invading the Earth King's palace that, iirc, we're coming at her from different angles

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ssj_god

@lunacyde:

and again.. the shurikens aren't a projectile which she can counter, ghazan can bend the path and control the movements at will.

which fire navy shooting are you referring to?.. any scan?

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god said:

@rijehu said:

not every form of earth she can read... only solid earth is clearly visible to her.. that's why she was having problem in desert sands.. even though it was loose earth

and also.. she can't predict on air movements of ghazan's lava shurikens (which he can control movements of in the air).. because she have never faced anything like that before... and it doesn't touch the ground to let her feel it

though toph is a far better earth bender than ghazan by what little we've seen from him.. and i'll fancy her to win if she starts on a serious note.

I didn't say her seismic sense was affective on any type of earth, I was implying that she can detect any type of earth because of her connection to it. Toph (as long as she is on the ground) can still detect earth that itself, is not connected to the ground.

Toph learned to master Sand bending in a short amount of time and it was shown when she created an exact duplicate of Ba Sing Se's upper ring in beach sand. (Keep in mind that beach sand is wet and thus probably more difficult to bend and Ba Sing Se is the size of a portion of a continent). Toph projected a massive scale city onto the sand with a mere gesture. That is EXTREME skill that Ghazan does not have.

Also, Toph has dodged air-born projectiles plenty of times before. During the invasion of the Earth Kingdom, we see Toph evading and blocking several projectiles of earth coming from all directions. Even when she was on the hijacked fire nation ship that was attacked by another, she was able to sense the fiery projectiles being launched at the ship. Not only did she counter the actual projectiles in mid air, but she also was able to precisely hit and destroy the catapult from which the projectile even came. Mind you, this was the beginning of season 3, by the end she had mastered Earth, Metal, Sand, Dust, and Mud bending. She also had shown to be so proficient with seismic sense, that she could literally "read" the earth. I just think Ghazan is outmatched. His lava isn't even new to Toph since she was the one who led the Aang Gang through the lava filled mountain during their time in the earth Kingdom. She navigated through it effortlessly while the others would have been in trouble without her guidance. Ghazan is outmatched in my opinion.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lunacyde  Moderator

@ssj_god:

I can't post videos on my phone. I already said it was during "The Awakening" episode.

And once again it doesn't matter if he can change their flight, she can sense the change in flight because she can sense the elements she bends in the air.

Avatar image for just_passing_by
just_passing_by

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If memory serves me right, he still moves while bending the lava shuriken..
and the very moment he twitches a muscle, Toph would be ready to pounce..

I give this to Toph, until Ghazan develops Bumi powers to control his shuriken..

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_passing_by: Even then, a gyrating, buzzing hot chunk of molten earth would distill be detectable by her lol

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toph, Ghazan has an advantage if he strikes first, but if Toph strikes first Ghazan couldn't possibly cope with earth bending that powerful.

Minimum 7.5/10 Toph until Ghazan shows he can deal with the level of overwhelming assault that Toph casually generates.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Toph.

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My gloooooooooooob!!!!!!!!!!

@Rijehu

How can you say that toph has better skill than one of the four criminals who could take down any bender? Lava bending is a feat faaaaaaaaarrrr greater and for extension a feat of skill faaaaaarrr superior than toph's metal and earthnending. Half earthbenders can metalbend, only ghazan can lavabend, how can you say that just because it is still earth she can bend it? She and no other bender has ever done that, execpt for the unnamed fire AVATAR. If that was the case anyone could lavabend, but no, is not, and she has never shown anything that can suggest she could lavavbend. Not only that, anything she throws at him he can use it, just like bolin said in the Terror Within (I think) "is like giving him ammo" so it doesn't matter if she has instant reaction time, unless she uses metal to fight back, she is giving him the edge. Besides he can simply turn into lava the ground arround him just like he did on the episode or make a path of lava that reaches her feet, just like he did in Long Live the Queen

Also you forget the guy who is truth seer, why do you think he can see the truth? Because of his sismic sense that is better than toph's of course he doesn't use it for battle but is still better than hers.

And taking down the wall of ba sing se is waaaaaaaay better feat of skill and power than anything she's shown so far, sure it wasn't all of the wall but it was still a large portion and more than she has done

@ ssj_god

Ghazan is a better earth bender by what little we've seen, the guy was locked down for 13 years because of his skill, that's more of what we can say from toph

@BoringPerson

Come on, did you forget what happened when he fought bolin? Every piece of rock he threw at him he turned it into lava, and don't ell me that bolin Is not a powerful and all that crap, the power of the bender is irrelevant, earth is earth and if she attacks with it he is gonna fire it back as lava, period.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toph, simply based on my Preference, logic be damned!

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toph

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghazan takes this if he's not jobbing.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rogueshadow  Moderator

It would be a solid fight, but I have no doubt Toph emerges the victor.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowpro: One in one HUNDRED Earthbenders are said to be CAPABLE of Metal Bending.

It's extremely doubtful that Ghazan is a snowflake, more likely that there's simply very few/no schools for lava bending.

Toph has better feats, more diversity in skill, and a penchant for striking first and acting later.

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toph

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Arcus1

@Rijehu

How can you say that toph has better skill than one of the four criminals who could take down any bender? Lava bending is a feat faaaaaaaaarrrr greater and for extension a feat of skill faaaaaarrr superior than toph's metal and earthnending. Half earthbenders can metalbend, only ghazan can lavabend, how can you say that just because it is still earth she can bend it? She and no other bender has ever done that, execpt for the unnamed fire AVATAR. If that was the case anyone could lavabend, but no, is not, and she has never shown anything that can suggest she could lavavbend. Not only that, anything she throws at him he can use it, just like bolin said in the Terror Within (I think) "is like giving him ammo" so it doesn't matter if she has instant reaction time, unless she uses metal to fight back, she is giving him the edge. Besides he can simply turn into lava the ground arround him just like he did on the episode or make a path of lava that reaches her feet, just like he did in Long Live the Queen

Also you forget the guy who is truth seer, why do you think he can see the truth? Because of his sismic sense that is better than toph's of course he doesn't use it for battle but is still better than hers.

And taking down the wall of ba sing se is waaaaaaaay better feat of skill and power than anything she's shown so far, sure it wasn't all of the wall but it was still a large portion and more than she has done

@ ssj_god

Ghazan is a better earth bender by what little we've seen, the guy was locked down for 13 years because of his skill, that's more of what we can say from toph

@BoringPerson

Come on, did you forget what happened when he fought bolin? Every piece of rock he threw at him he turned it into lava, and don't ell me that bolin Is not a powerful and all that crap, the power of the bender is irrelevant, earth is earth and if she attacks with it he is gonna fire it back as lava, period.

Other people can metalbend because she taught people to metalbend. She had a school and everything

Toph did the truth-sensing thing first

All he really did was take out the lower section of the wall, then gravity did the rest.

Ghazan was locked up because he tried to capture Korra as a baby. Toph's not a criminal, so she wasn't locked up. I can't believe you're actually trying to use that

Su took him down with earthbending: he's not invincible against earthbenders

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Rijehu

@arcus said:

@shadowpro said:

@Rijehu

@ ssj_god

@BoringPerson

Other people can metalbend because she taught people to metalbend. She had a school and everything

Toph did the truth-sensing thing first

All he really did was take out the lower section of the wall, then gravity did the rest.

Ghazan was locked up because he tried to capture Korra as a baby. Toph's not a criminal, so she wasn't locked up. I can't believe you're actually trying to use that

Su took him down with earthbending: he's not invincible against earthbenders

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

without PIS Toph in a good fight

with PIS ghazan goes down hard. No disrespect to bolin, but idk i felt since bolin just now learned lava he shouldn't of been able to handle him closer, and honestly ghazan was out of character, upon the two arriving he'd prolly be like ; yes you killed the crazy lady now i can just roam free across the great plans... of the uh earth nation, lol. Also the ending of season 3 was very sad ;___;

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

toph has never actually lost to anyone in ATLA besides aang and his twinkle toes tactics. I'd take toph.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

toph has never actually lost to anyone in ATLA besides aang and his twinkle toes tactics. I'd take toph.

Because she never faught a named opponent other than Bumi in a non-serious fight... Her track record just works against her.

OT: Toph wins with high dif.

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By silentbat

I actually can't see a way Toph can deal with his lava...

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Toph

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By vengefulshot

Toph is just better really. His lava will give her problems but she has this.

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghazan wins. All he has to do is turn the ground beneath her feet to lava like he did to Bumi, and Toph doesn't have the physicals to survive. The fact that he starts with lava makes it easier to win a more protracted engagement as well.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Toph with moderate difficulty. Ghazan's superior in every single category.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

In regards to Toph and lava, she encountered lava in the Day of Black Sun along with Aang and Sokka on their way to Ozai's underground champer.

Avatar image for raimundopedrosa
raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd call it a close match, with Toph from the comic "The Rift" beating Ghazan 6/10, though it would be with extreme difficulty and he'd make her work for it.

Now, if we're talking about Toph from "The Legend of Korra," who's a grandmaster and has honed her abilities to a broken level, then she was wipe the floor with Ghazan 8/10 times, despite her old age (80s).

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c
deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've changed my mind on this fight. If Toph goes all in from the start, she'll win consistently. If she doesn't, and she might not, Ghazan has a good chance just because of how lavabending hard counters relatively immobile, stonewalling fighters, which Toph usually is.

Still, Toph should win most of the time.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

I’ll say Toph, but she will not win every time due to inexperience with fighting lava bending

Vydeos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghazan has the edge here. If this was Adult Toph, or even Elder Toph, it might be a better fight. But Kid Toph loses.

Ghazan melted an entire air temple. I really don't see Toph outdoing that. And Toph can't bend lava, at least not initially. And Lava is deadly. If it even touches you, or splashes on you, that's instant damage.

And Toph was severely weakened after Zuko burned her feet. So It's possible that Ghazan can do the same. Heck, all Ghazan has to do is heat up the earth around Toph, it doesn't even have to be lava. And Toph can't sense that since heat isn't movement.

With metalbending, her chances are slightly better, but not really, since Ghazan could just melt the metal. Toph's best chance is to somehow shove Ghazan into lava, or use earth to deflect lava.