katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By katanalauncher
Superhuman monster hunter vs Superhuman vampire slayer 

Scenario 1: Sword duel, both fighters are not allowed to use any weapons/equipment/magic signs. 

Scenario 2: Both get 10 hours of prep, Geralt is allowed to drink potions and preform rituals.  
Blade gets all his weapons (with ammunation he can carry), Geralt gets all his bombs, knives, and is allowed to use magic.  

VS  
VS  
No Caption Provided
Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Blood_guts

Geralt is very skilled with a sword much more than blade in my opinion. he has like a bunch of techniques and what not. plus he has much faster reflexes than normal because of his mutations so for the first fight I'm definitely gonna go for the witcher. I'm not so sure about the second fight though, if he can use all his signs it seems like overkill. he could just use quen to block the bullets (asuming that works on bullets) then light him on fire with igni.

alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By alcoholbob

What level is Geralt? If he's level 35ish with epic weapons, mutagens, and gear, then Blade has no chance.

Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Blood_guts

Hes part of a book series too. Thats what i was thinking of because if its the game then he could use axii on anyone and just gut them while they're paralyzed , but he doesent do that in the books so idk

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe Geralt is a more accomplished swordsman. Blade is stronger and faster however but Geralt is used to fighting creatures with similar stats. Geralt with prep is medieval Batman level lol. He can set traps, both conventional and magic. Yrden gives him a free kill basically. Blade has broken free of TP before but it took mention of his mother to break him free of it so axii would work. Geralt's mix of variety and superhuman stats really give him a slight edge.

Talon_Deadeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade both rounds.

Round 1: Blade has way higher stats and is a better swordsman.

Rounds 2: Guns

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Penderor

Round 1: Unless someone tell me that blade is like superhuman, so he can just break Geralt with raw strength, I would vote for him.

Round 2: One bullet KO. This is not even fair.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PabloSL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Geralt, he's more skilled with a blade if you ask me.

Round 2: Blade, guns are not fair

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By reikai

Geralt is the greater swordsman, but Blade has much higher physical stats.

Redzkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alcoholbob:

What level is Geralt? If he's level 35ish with epic weapons, mutagens, and gear, then Blade has no chance.

He is more or less around peak\slightly superhuman. In books it was stated (by Geralt) that arrow blocking thing is serious thing.

Also here's Geralt battles against main bad guy of the book series:

The Sorcerer took a step back. Geralt tensed, ready to pounce and deliver a blow. But Vilgefortz did not raise his hand, he stretched it a little to one side. Suddenly, in his hand, materialized a thick staff, about six feet long.

‘I know,’ he said. ‘what bothers you in a reasonable assessment of a situation. I know it is complicated and difficult to predict the future, your right. This is your arrogance, Geralt. I’ll undo your arrogance. I’ll undo it with this wand here.’

The witcher narrowed his eyes, lifting his blade slightly.

‘I tremble with anticipation.’

Some weeks later, cured thanks to the efforts of the Dryads and the water of Brokilon forest, Geralt reflected on the mistakes made during the fight. He came to the conclusion that he had not made any. The only error he committed was before the fight. He should have fled before the fighting began.

The Sorcerer was fast, the wand in his hand flashed like lightning. Greater was the astonishment of Geralt, when the wand rang against his sword. But there was no time to wonder. Vilgefortz attacked, the witcher had to dodge and squirm in evasion. He was afraid of parrying with his sword. The wand was made of iron and magic.

Four times he found himself in a position to counter attack and strike. Four times he struck a blow. In the head, neck, arm and in the thigh. Each of the blows would be fatal. But each was parried.

No man would be able to parry those blows. Geralt started to understand little by little. But it was too late.

He saw the blow that the sorcerer struck him. The impact threw him against the wall. He pushed with his back, failed to make a jump, to make a feint, the stroke had deprived him of breath. He received a second hit in the shoulder, flew back again, hitting his head against the pillar, against the chest of a caryatid. Vilgefortz turned away in a deft leap, he waved his stick and punched him in the stomach, below the ribs. Hard. Geralt doubled over and was struck on the side of the head. His knees weakened below him suddenly and he fell. And that was the end of the fight. In essence.

Clumsily he tried to shield himself with his sword. The blade pierced the wall and the pilaster, he erupted in a groan vibrant and clear. He protected his head with his right hand, the staff fell and broke his forearm. The pain blinded him completely.

‘I could ruin your brain through your ears.’ Vilgefortz said from far away. ‘But this is a lesson. You made a mistake, witcher. You have confused the surface of a pond as the sky with stars at night. Oh, did you vomit? Good. Brain injury. Do you bleed from the nose? Great. So, I’ll see you. Someday. Maybe.’

He saw nothing and heard nothing. Sinking, sinking into something warm. He thought that Vilgefortz had gone. He was surprised, then, when his leg felt the vengeance of the iron wand, shattering his femur.

Any following blows, even if they occurred, he could not remember.

And second round:

Under the archway stood Vilgefortz.

'I'm impressed,' he said quietly. 'I'm really impressed, witcher. You are hopelessly naive and stupid, but your technique is really impressive.'

'Your underlings,' Yennefer said calmly, 'just took off and left you. Give us Ciri and we'll leave you alone.'

'You know, Yennefer,' sneered the wizard, 'that is the second generous offer I've had today? Thank you, thank you. And here is my answer …'

'Look out!' Yennefer screamed and jumped. Geralt also jumped to the side at the last minute. A pillar of fire roared from the wizard's hands and burst through the place Geralt stood a moment before, hissing and burning the area. The witcher wiped soot and the charred remains of an eyebrow from his face. He saw Vilgefortz again raise his hand. He dodged and ducked behind a column. The boom popped his ears. The whole castle shook on its foundations.

A thunderous noise, a flash and the column from where they were hiding a moment before, crumbled apart. The core broke; the decorated column crashed to the floor and crushed a terracotta mosaic. From the side flew a hissing ball of lightning. Yennefer stopped it, uttering spells and gesturing.

Vilgefortz walked towards them, his cloak billowing out behind him like dragon wings.

‘I’m not surprised by Yennefer,’ he said walking. ‘She is a woman, so she is evolutionarily lower and ruled by her hormones. But you, however, Geralt, you’re not only a man who is inherently reasonable, but a mutant, exempt from emotions …’

He gestured. Thunder. A flash. Lightning rebounded from Yennefer’s shield.

‘But despite your better judgement,’ continued Vilgefortz, passing fire from one hand to another, ‘you demonstrate a remarkable consistency and know nothing. You constantly want to paddle against the current and piss into the wind. It had to end badly. Know that today, here; in castle Stygga, you have pissed into a hurricane.’

The stone walls trembled, beams cracked and glass poured from lead frames.

‘Watch out, Geralt!’

He dodged again at the last minute. Brilliant lightning ploughed a furrow in the ground, the air hissed with colour, murderously sharp fragments from broken windows. Lightning hit the column, behind which the witcher hid. The column broke up into three parts. It broke from the roof and collapsed to the floor with a deafening crash.

Geralt, lying flat on the floor, his head cupped in his hands, was aware of how miserable a shield this was from the falling debris. He prepared for the worst, but nothing happened. He jumped up and could see the glow of a magical shield around him, he realised Yennefer’s magic had saved him.

Vilgefortz threw a bolt of lightning at the other column behind which the sorceress was hiding. He roared furiously and a cloud of dust and smoke appeared. Yennefer deftly slipped between them and retaliated with her own flash of lightning, which bounced off of the wizard with no visible effect. He answered with a crushing blow that knocked Yennefer to the ground.

Geralt wiped the dust from his eyes and attacked. Vilgefortz turned his eyes towards him and pointed his arm, and from his hands roared fire. The witcher instinctively swung his sword. The dwarven blade, covered with runes, shielded him and but the stream of fire in half.

‘Ha!’ roared Vilgefortz. ‘Impressive, witcher! What do you say to this!’

The witcher said nothing. He was hit by an invisible battering ram, flew backwards, fell on the floor and slid until he found the base of a buttress. A pillar flew apart and again tumbled from the roof. This time he did not have Yennefer’s protection. The heavy carved block struck him in the side, fortunately, not fully, but even so it hurt and completely paralysed him.

Yennefer chanted spells and threw them at Vilgefortz one after another. However, none of them hit, and they all bounced harmless off of the wizard’s magical shield. Vilgefortz suddenly spread his arms wide. Yennefer wailed in pain and started rising from the ground. The wizard clapped his hands together and his fingers started to shake and if squeezing a wet rag. The sorceress cried shrilly. And started to squirm.

Geralt clenched his teeth in pain and rose to return to the fight. But he was overtaken by Regis.

The vampire came flying from out of nowhere in the shape of a giant bat and rushed at Vilgefortz quietly. Before the sorcerer could raise a protection spell, Regis attacked his face with his claws; he missed the eye because it was so unnaturally small. Vilgefortz yelled and waved his arms in surprise. Yennefer freed from the spell, fell with a scream of surprise into a pile of rubble, blood spurting from her mouth and down her chin and breasts.

Geralt was already close. He raised Sihil ready to deal a blow. But Vilgefortz had no intention of surrendering. He pushed the witcher with a powerful surge of energy and attacked the vampire with a dazzling white beam, which passed through a stone pillar like a hot knife through butter. Regis deftly evaded the beam and returned to his usual form. He materialised at Geralt’s side.

‘Be careful,’ the witcher grunted, trying to discern what was wrong with Yennefer. ‘Be careful, Regis …’

‘Be careful?’ said the vampire. ‘I? That’s not why I came here!’

With an incredibly long and fast leap he reached the wizard and grabbed him by the throat. His vampire fangs glistened.

Vilgefortz scream with rage and terror. For a brief moment, it appeared this was the end of him. But it was premature. The wizard had an arsenal of weapons for every occasion. And against every opponent – even vampires.

The wizard hands grasped Regis and heated up like red hot irons. The vampire screamed. Geralt also cried out, seeing that the wizard was literally tearing the vampire. He jumped to his friend’s aid. But was too late. Vilgefortz pushed the vampire into a column, with both of his hands burning with white fire.

Regis screamed.

He screamed so loud that the witcher had to cover his ears with his hands. The remains of the windows shattered noisily. The column simply melted. And the vampire melted with it, turning into a shapeless stone.

Geralt cursed furiously and desperately. He jumped forward and swung Sihil. The wizard turned and hit him with magical energy. The witcher flew the entire length of the hall, hit a wall on the other side and slid down it.

He lay there gasping for air, like a fish out of water, wondering not what was broken, but what was whole.

Vilgefortz walked towards him. In his hand materialised a six-foot-long iron rod.

‘I could reduce you to ashes with a spell,’ he said. ‘Or I could melt you into a glassy mass, as I did with that monster. But you, witcher, you deserve a different death. In combat. Maybe not a fair fight, but still.’

Geralt did not believe he could stand up. But he did. He spat blood from his cut lip. He gripped his sword tighter.

‘In Thanedd,’ said Vilgefortz, approaching him, twirling the rod, ‘I settled for giving you a beating, in moderation, to serve as a lesson. But I can see that you have not learned anything, this time the beating with be thorough and I will not leave a healthy bone in your body. Nobody will be able to put you back together again.’

He attacked. Geralt did not try to escape. He accepted the fight.

The rod flashed and whirled, spinning around the sorcerer. Both opponents dodged around each other in a deadly dance. The rod flicked like lightning. Geralt managed to parry the hammering blow. Vilgefortz skilfully deflected. Each time steel meet steel it groaned pitifully.

The wizard was quick and nimble like a demon.

Geralt was fooled by a swing at his torso and a mock punch from the left – the opposite end of the stick hit him n the ribs. Before the witcher could get his wind back, he received a strong blow to the hip that almost knocked him down. He dodged a blow to the top of his head, but did not escape the stab at his stomach. He was thrown against the wall. He had enough presence of mind to fall to the floor. Just at the moment, the iron rod brushed his hair and it slammed into the wall raising sparks.

Geralt rolled; the rod drew sparks from the ground right next to his head. A second blow came and hit his shoulder. The shock sent numbing pain and weakness down his legs. The wizard raised the rod. His eyes burned in triumph.

Geralt clenched his fist around Fringilla’s medallion.

The rod fell. It struck the floor, a few inches from the witcher’s head. Geralt rolled to the side and quickly got up on one knee. Vilgefortz jumped after him and swung again. Again he missed by inches.

He shook his head unable to believe his eyes. He hesitated a moment. Then sighed, realising what was happening. His eyes twinkled and he leapt and swung his magical weapon. But it was too late.

Geralt quickly slashed him across the stomach. Vilgefortz screamed, dropped the rod and took a few steps backwards. The witcher followed. Kicked him between the stumps of two columns and slashed his sword in a wide arc diagonally across the wizard’s torso to his collarbone. Drawing blood.

The wizard screamed and fell to his knees. He lowered his head and look at his chest and abdomen. For a long time he could not look away from what he saw.

Geralt calmly waited with Sihil raised, ready to strike.

Vilgefortz lifted his head and wailed shrilly.

‘Geraaaaaalt …!’

The witcher did not let him finish.

‘I didn’t know,’ she repeated, meeting Geralt’s puzzled gaze, ‘that you knew how to cast spells of illusion. And you were able to confuse Vilgefortz …’

‘It was my medallion.’

‘Oh,’ she said suspiciously. ‘An interesting thing. But even so, we live thanks to Ciri.’

‘What do you mean?’

‘His eye. He did not regain full coordination. And often missed."

As we can see he lost in both rounds. And there's no way we can place Vilgefortz above peak-human level.

So in fight Geralt will lose, unless he managed to use his magic to win:

The guard spat, bared his teeth and rubbed his fist again.

“Well? No wishes at all?”

“Just one…” moaned the witcher, raising his head with difficulty. “That you burst, you son-of-a-whore.”

The bald guard ground his teeth, stepped back and took a swing—this time, according to Geralt's plan, aiming for

his head. But the blow never came. The guard suddenly gobbled like a turkey, grew red, grabbed his stomach with both

hands, howled, roared with pain…

And burst.

But I don't know if this will work against Blade or no.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redzkz: Well Geralt has peak human to slightly super-human stats. Vilgefortz is clearly super-human due to magic. Geralt getting beat up by normal people is generally due to plot, and because he's allowed himself to get captured and tortured for a time. Like we see happen in Witcher2.

Geralt is a great fighter, but he has a hard time with magic users. Most anyone would. He has said it himself; "I hate wizards." Vilgefortz was a powerful sorcerer and melee combatant who prepped for just about any scenario. He was one tough mofo. And that was still the 1st Witcher game coinciding with the novel. It was during those events that Geralt had lost much of his earlier abilities and most of his memories.

We probably won't see Geralt's fully restored measure until W3.

Loading Video...

Redzkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Redzkz

@reikai:

Vilgefortz is clearly super-human due to magic.

While you right, Vilgefortz bested Geralt in melee, both times. And not once was it stated that Vilgefortz boosted his power with anything and even more he was injured by vampire in their final fight and, as Geralt himself stated, was far from his prime. His backstory:

‘The Druid Circle in Kovir,’ the wizard took a moment ‘found me in the gutter in Lan Exeter. They took me in and educated me. As a druid, of course. You know what a druid is? They are tramps, that walk through the world and kneel before the sacred oaks.’

The witcher stayed silent.

‘And then,’ continued Vilgefortz ‘during some druidic rituals my talents surfaced. Talents that clearly and without a doubt allowed them to determine my origins. I was conceived, of course, by accident, by two people, of whom at least one of them was a sorcerer.’

Geralt was silent.

‘The druid who discovered my humble abilities, of course, had fortuitously met a sorcerer.’ Vilgefortz calmly went on. ‘And he generously offered me an education and development and the prospect of joining the Brotherhood of Sorcerers.’

‘And you,’ said the witcher hollowly ‘accepted the offer.’

‘No.’ Vilgefortz voice became increasingly cold and unpleasant. ‘I rejected it in a less than polite, even rude way. I unloaded all of my rage on him. I wanted him to feel guilty, him and all his magical brotherhood. Guilty, for the gutter in Lan Exeter, guilty for one or two rogue sorcerers. The sorcerer, it was clear, neither understood nor was he bothered by what I said then. He shrugged and walked away, thus marking himself like all of his brethren, insensitive, arrogant, bastards worthy of the highest contempt.’

Geralt remained silent.

‘I was sick of the druids already.’ continued Vilgefortz sincerely. ‘So I left the sacred oak trees and went out into the world. I did many things. So I am ashamed of still to this day. I finally became a soldier for hire. My life unfolded as you can imagine, as a stereotype. A victorious soldier, a beaten soldier, a marauder, robber, rapist, murderer, and finally a fleeing fugitive to the end of the world from the noose. I ran away to the end of the world.

Also doesn't tell us that he get any special training

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade both rounds.

No he isn't.

Guns vs prep. I'll go with the prep.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redzkz: It's just the logical conclusion given a limited history. We know that Witchers are mutated in order to enhance their stats in order to deal with the monsters of the world. For someone to really overpower them would require magic or stat-amping of some sort, and Vilgefort did have a lot of such magic items on his person. Any one of which could push his stats up enough to physically overpower Geralt.

These things would be better if stated more clearly, still in instances like these it is just the most obvious conclusion to make, regardless if it was directly stated or not. In just about every fiction there is, magic users are amping themselves in some way. Sometimes more directly like in the WoW novels, sometimes less in other works. Other times more obscenely like Maleficent becoming a dragon.

Anyway, formal training isn't often required. Magic tended to start with people first having to discover its existence on their own and teach themselves how to use it. Vilgefort could've learned from any number of sources after leaving his home or self-studied by investigating places of strong magic or known abodes of other sorcerers who're now dead. Really any number of ways. And yes again, may have been better to clearly explain everything, but then again the series was never about Vilgefort, but the challenges Geralt had to go through.

Redzkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Redzkz

@reikai:

For someone to really overpower them would require magic or stat-amping of some sort, and Vilgefort did have a lot of such magic items on his person.

This maybe true when we speak about real superhumans. I am not convinced that we can place witchers in this tier. Why? Leo Bonhart, famous bounty-hunter, killed three witchers and he is 100% human. We don't know how exactly he did it, but from his fights and style in books we don't really see anything impressive. He is competent, yes, but that's about it. So no, I am not convinced that Vilgefortz is in amy way superhuman (aside from ability to cast magic of course).

We know that almost all people in Witcher-verse have some sort of anti-magic or anti-illness amulets with them:

‘Listen,’ responded the witcher, trying vainly to repair the torn sleeve of his jacket. ‘We are in Novigrad, a city of thirty thousand inhabitants: humans, dwarves, half-elves, halflings and gnomes, and perhaps twice as many people passing through. How can you find anyone in that mob?’

Dainty swallowed his beignet and then licked his fingers.

‘And magic, Geralt? What about your witcher spells, which are the subject of so many stories?’

‘The doppler is only magically detectable when he takes his own appearance. Unfortunately, he doesn't walk down the street in that form. And even then, magic wouldn't be any help, because the area is saturated with weak magical signals. Half the houses have magical locks; three quarters of the people wear an amulet for some purpose or another: to protect against thieves, lice, indigestion… The number is infinite.’

But amulets to boost raw power? Never heard about them in Witcher-verse.

Geralt also had new magic (well not magic, but runesword, somehow it was stated to be better than magic weapons) sword in his final battle against Vilgefortz, and this weapon supposed to be most dangerous sword in the country if his user can "wield him right" (the hell is what mean I don't know), yet Vilgefortz won again.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redzkz: But we do know that as far Witchers go, Geralt has the most complete mutations and had undergone additional mutations as part of experiments because they bonded with him far more easily than any other. In terms of potential ability, Geralt was the strongest Witcher.

As far as Leo is concerned, there's no telling how he killed those Witchers. Could very well like how any BH or person of skill kills a Jedi; Distraction, Redirection, Surprise. Plus the "100% human" argument tends to not really work in fiction, much less fantasy settings. Look at Gutts in "Berserk". Even before the Berserker Armor, he was downright super-human, despite being "100% human". Leo could very well be like the Batman of the Witcher series. Trained himself to human peak and could just be a better fighter than the Witchers he has killed.

After all no two Witchers are the same in terms of ability.

But amulets to boost raw power? Never heard about them in Witcher-verse.

Amulet, spell, artifact, or any of the tattoos or weapons on his person. Any number of things could bolster raw strength or speed. Staves that throw people around and magic swords that cut through stone-like monsters. We see this stuff all over the place. While more stat-boosting ones like those suggested might not be common, they're not impossible. Hell Skyrim had $hit like that all over the place.

Ultimately there's no proving that Vil had anything like that, but it is highly suggestive given the ease to which he was batting Geralt around.

Geralt also had new magic (well not magic, but runesword, somehow it was stated to be better than magic weapons) sword in his final battle against Vilgefortz, and this weapon supposed to be most dangerous sword in the country if his user can "wield him right" (the hell is what mean I don't know), yet Vilgefortz won again.

To "wield it right" would be, as far as I believe, is understanding the nature of what you hold in your hand and its purpose. Not the one you intend for it, but the one it was created and forged for.

Also I feel like Aerondight would've been his strongest weapon, since it was from the Lady of the Lake and was basically freakin Excalibur. But then again that was for "silver" swords. So Sihil could be the strongest human/sorc killing weapon in the land. Which brings to question why Zoltan had it, and why the Dwarven runes read "Death to Motherf***ers". Rather pretentious script there shorty!

Redzkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Redzkz

@reikai:

and why the Dwarven runes read "Death to Motherf***ers"

Perfect defence against thieves who knows how to read runes and who look for the strongest sword. Nobody even think that this may be the one after they read this, right?

After all no two Witchers are the same in terms of ability.

You right about this. Geralt have ridiculous high end according to doppler (creature who can copy other people and boost their abilities to their peak. For example once he copied "small" merchant he create massive trade empire in just few days). According to him:

‘You can't defeat me,’ growled the doppler, ‘because I've become you, Geralt.’

‘You're mistaken, Tellico,’ the witcher replied in a low voice. ‘Throw down your sword and take Biberveldt's form again.

Otherwise, you'll regret it. I promise you.’

‘I'm you,’ the doppler repeated. ‘You will never have the advantage over me. You can't defeat me, because I'm you!’

‘You have no idea what it means to be me, mimic.’

Tellico lowered the arm that was holding his sword.

‘I am you,’ he repeated. And do you know how strong you really are? Because I know. Before this day's end I can kill you and massacre this entire town! Just with MY sword. This is your real power. But can YOU use it? No. Me however... Do you think that I can't win?

‘No,’ the witcher replied. ‘You know why? Because you're a nice little doppler. A doppler who could have killed Biberveldt and buried his body in the weeds, ensuring that he would never be unmasked, not even by the halfling's wife, the famous Gardénia Biberveldt. But you didn't kill him, Tellico, because that's not in your nature. You are indeed nothing but a nice little doppler whose friends nicknamed him Dudu. Whatever appearance you borrow, you always remain the same. You only know how to copy what is good in us, because the parts that are bad, you don't understand. That is what you are, doppler.’

Tellico backed up until his back was flattened against the canvas side of the tent.

‘That's why you're going to turn back into Biberveldt and offer your paws for me to bind. You're not capable of resisting me, because there is part of me that you weren't able to copy. You can't kill. You know that very well, Dudu. For a moment you had access to my thoughts.’

‘You're right, Geralt,’ he said indistinctly, because his lips were changing shape. ‘I had access to your thoughts. For a short time, it's true, but it was enough. Do you know what I'll do now?’

-

But this is just a claim.

-

And this is how Geralt fights:

-

Shading his eyes with his hand, Civril watched the sun emerge from behind the trees. The marketplace was coming to life. Wagons and carts rumbled past and the first vendors were already filling their stalls. A hammer was banging, a cock crowing and seagulls screeched loudly overhead.

“Looks like a lovely day,” Fifteen said pensively.

Civril looked at him askance but didn't say anything.

“The horses all right, Tavik?” asked Nohorn, pulling on his gloves.

“Saddled and ready. But, there's still not many of them in the marketplace.”

“There'll be more.”

“We should eat.”

“Later.”

“Dead right. You'll have time later. And an appetite.”

“Look,” said Fifteen suddenly.

The witcher was approaching from the main street, walking between stalls, coming straight toward them.

“Renfri was right,” Civril said. “Give me the crossbow, Nohorn.” He hunched over and, holding the strap down with his foot, pulled the string back. He placed the bolt carefully in the groove as the witcher continued to approach. Civril raised the crossbow.

“Not one step closer, witcher!”

Geralt stopped about forty paces from the group.

“Where's Renfri?”

The half-blood's pretty face contorted. “At the tower. She's making the sorcerer an offer he can't refuse. But she knew you would come. She left a message for you.”

“Speak.”

“I am what I am. Choose. Either me, or a lesser.’ You're supposed to know what it means.”

The witcher nodded, raised his hand above his right shoulder, and drew his sword. The blade traced a glistening arc above his head. Walking slowly, he made his way toward the group.

Civril laughed nastily, ominously.

“Renfri said this would happen, witcher, and left us something special to give you. Right between the eyes.”

The witcher kept walking, and the half-elf raised the crossbow to his cheek. It grew very quiet.

The bowstring hummed, the witcher's sword flashed and the bolt flew upward with a metallic whine, spinning in the air until it clattered against the roof and rumbled into the gutter.

“He deflected it…” groaned Fifteen. “Deflected it in flight—”

“As one,” ordered Civril. Blades hissed as they were drawn from sheaths, the group pressed shoulder to shoulder, bristling with blades.

The witcher came on faster; his fluid walk became a run—not straight at the group quivering with swords, but circling it in a tightening spiral.

As Geralt circled the group, Tavik's nerve failed. He rushed the witcher, the twins following him.

“Don't disperse!” Civril roared, shaking his head and losing sight of the witcher. He swore and jumped aside, seeing the group fall apart, scattering around the market stalls.

Tavik went first. He was chasing the witcher when he saw Geralt running in the opposite direction, toward him. He skidded, trying to stop, but the witcher shot past before he could raise his sword. Tavik felt a hard blow just above his hip, fell to his knees and, when he saw his hip, started screaming.

The twins simultaneously attacked the black, blurred shape rushing toward them, mistimed their attack and collided with each other as Geralt slashed Vyr across the chest and Nimir in the temple, leaving one twin to stagger, head down, into a vegetable stall, and the other to spin in place and fall limply into the gutter.

The marketplace boiled with vendors running away, stalls clattering to the ground and screams rising in the dusty air. Tavik tried to stumble to his trembling legs and fell painfully to the ground.

“From the left, Fifteen!” Nohorn roared, running in a semi-circle to approach the witcher from behind.

Fifteen spun. But not quickly enough. He bore a thrust through the stomach, prepared to strike and was struck again in the neck, just below his ear. He took four unsteady steps and collapsed into a fish cart, which rolled away beneath him. Sliding over the slippery cargo, Fifteen fell onto the flagstones, silver with scales.

Civril and Nohorn struck simultaneously from both sides, the elf with a high sweeping cut, Nohorn from a kneeling position, low and flat. The witcher caught both, two metallic clangs merging into one. Civril leapt aside and tripped, catching himself against a stall as Nohorn warded off a blow so powerful it threw him backward to his knees. Leaping up, he parried too slowly, taking a gash in the face parallel to his old scar.

Civril bounced off the stall, jumping over Nohorn as he fell, missed the witcher and jumped away. The thrust was so sharp, so precise, he didn't feel it; his legs only gave way when he tried to attack again. The sword fell from his hand, the tendons severed above the elbow. Civril fell to his knees and shook his head, trying and failing to rise. His head dropped, and among the shattered stalls and market wares, the scattered fish and cabbages, his body stilled in the center of a growing red puddle.

Renfri entered the marketplace.

She approached slowly with a soft, feline step, avoiding the carts and stalls. The crowd in the streets and by the houses, which had been humming like a hornet's nest, grew silent. Geralt stood motionless, his sword in his lowered hand. Renfri came to within ten paces and stopped, close enough to see that, under her jacket, she wore a short coat of chain mail, barely covering her hips.

“You've made your choice,” she said slowly. “Are you sure it's the right one?”

“This won't be another Tridam,” Geralt said with an effort.

“It wouldn't have been. Stregobor laughed in my face. He said I could butcher Blaviken and the neighboring villages and he wouldn't leave his tower. And he won't let anyone in, not even you. Why are you looking at me like that? Yes, I deceived you. I’ll deceive anyone if I have to; why should you be special?”

“Get out of here, Renfri.”

She laughed. “No, Geralt.” She drew her sword, quickly and nimbly.

“Renfri.”

“No. You made a choice. Now it's my turn.” With one sharp move, she tore the skirt from her hips and spun it in the air, wrapping the material around her forearm. Geralt retreated and raised his hand, arranging his fingers in the Sign.

Renfri laughed hoarsely. “It doesn't affect me. Only the sword will.”

“Renfri,” he repeated. “Go. If we cross blades, I—I won't be able—”

“I know,” she said. “But I, I can't do anything else. I just can't. We are what we are, you and I.”

She moved toward him with a light, swaying step, her sword glinting in her right hand, her skirt dragging along the ground from her left.

She leapt, the skirt fluttered in the air and, veiled in its tracks, the sword flashed in a short, sparing cut. Geralt jumped away; the cloth didn't even brush him, and Renfri's blade slid over his diagonal parry. He attacked instinctively, spinning their blades, trying to knock her weapon aside. It was a mistake. She deflected his blade and slashed, aiming for his face. He barely parried and pirouetted away, dodging her dancing blade and jumping aside again. She fell on him, threw the skirt into his eyes and slashed flatly from short range, spinning. Spinning with her, he avoided the blow. She knew the trick and turned with him, their bodies so close he could feel the touch of her breath as she ran the edge across his chest. He felt a twinge of pain, ignored it. He turned again, in the opposite direction, deflected the blade flying toward his temple, made a swift feint and attacked. Renfri sprang away as if to strike from above as Geralt lunged and swiftly slashed her exposed thigh and groin from below with the very tip of his sword.

She didn't cry out. Falling to her side, she dropped her sword and clutched her thigh. Blood poured through her fingers in a bright stream over her decorated belt, elk-leather boots, and onto the dirty flagstones. The clamor of the swaying crowd, crammed in the streets, grew as they saw blood.

Geralt put up his sword.

I don't see anything that could support doppler words.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Silverrings

Feats for Geralt?

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@talon_deadeye said:

Blade both rounds.

No he isn't.

Guns vs prep. I'll go with the prep.

Yes he is. Blade has out dualed both Vampire lords. Dualed Deadpool who out dualed Black Knight. He's reaction speed is enough to block bullets with his sword. and regardless of all that, he could pass this guy in the Blink of an eye.

What is he going to prep that will stop a metal object traveling the speed of sound from a marksmen? Also, both of them get 10 hours of prep. Also, Blade would have time to prep his own magical weapons. Blade wrecks him without question in round two.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DarthAznable
reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redzkz:

I don't see anything that could support doppler words.

It may be because Geralt's memories are still scattered and he's not at his full ability. Which, as mentioned before, we may not see until W3. Geralt himself may not even be fully aware of how much power he really has. Or perhaps his own mental discipline prevents him from accessing it, much like how Supes created mental blocks that preventing him from using his full strength.

Still, I think W3 or is subsequent novel will answer a lot of questions and maybe put to rest what Geralt really is by the end of everything. I wouldn't be surprised if him being dead for all those years was some way of sealing his true strength so he wouldn't be a threat to the Huntsmen anymore. But again, I'm sure they'll do something to wrap things up in the Witcher 3 and tie up all those plot holes.

Loading Video...

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DarthAznable

@reikai: Even in the book his magic isn't that much more powerful Witcher's only know low tier spells. Nothing to be compared to a sorcerer but still incredibly effective vs non magical beings. His skill has definitely improved in W3 though, especially since he's 80 something.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: Well I intend to find much of that out for myself. I do know in the 1st game he clears a blocked hallway of more than a few tons of rubble with a Sign. His powers aren't particularly weak, but he's certainly not nuking cities.

After attending Youmacon next week, I intend to get all the Witcher novels and the graphic novel. That way I can get a better feel for him, then work on finishing the VHD series and get the Noble V series, the prequel to Vampire Hunter D.

Loading Video...

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: Aard is his strongest physical spell imo. Tons of force behind it. I kind of don't like the way they changed it in 3 (unless there are different forms of it). Check out his previous mini too. Very good.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: I intend to get everything I can. As for Aard in W3, may just be the beginning level of it. I doubt they'd nerf it. Especially when doing a more fully open world that they said is going to be 30% bigger than Skyrim. Skyrim was pretty sizable. If it had a better open-world story to it, it would've done a lot better.

If W3 can make the menus and such a bit simpler and easier to use while improving the gameplay and making the battle mechanics more fluid, it should do incredibly well. Everything seen so far just looks phenomenal.

Loading Video...

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: It will be best on PC, just like WItcher 2. Since they're combining 1 and 2 it will be perfect.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Can someone give feats for Blade? I know Geralt won't win round 2 because of guns, but what feats does Blade have to suggest he has superior physicals and skills to Geralt?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know very little about Blade, but I'm just going to post some feats for Geralt. This is, admittedly, a copy & paste of a comment I made on another thread.

Strength

Many people think that Geralt is only peak human and not enhanced in strength. This is not true.

Here are three separate sources stating that witchers have enhanced strength. Bear in mind that Geralt was selected for extra mutations, meaning his strength should be augmented even further, and in Blood & Wine his mutations are enhanced even further.

Loading Video...

This is backed by feats too. Adam Pangratt is clearly much taller and bulkier than Geralt and clearly has more mass. At the point I've linked in the video Adam confirms that he is always exercising his strength because of a past experience he had, which makes him a peak human in the Witcherverse. Geralt then defeats him in arm wrestling. If Geralt was only peak human, he would have lost it because Adam would also be a peak human but with more mass. Before anyone says Geralt won through arm wrestling skill, after he wins Adam confirms that Geralt is physically stronger than him. Let's go over some more feats:

No Caption Provided

Clashes his sword against Imlerith's mace. He also doesn't move at all when the mace is heavily struck downwards and his sword is not brought down either. He even manages to overpower Imlerith. Imlerith casually wears huge bulky armour and was able to effortlessly lift someone up and snap their neck with only one hand.

No Caption Provided

Pulls a Dragons head so far back that it crashes.

No Caption Provided

Beats a dwarf in arm wrestling.

These four scans should be looked at when discussing how effective Geralt's sword would be against T'Challa's armour.

1. Cuts off a Fiend's head with a single one-handed sword swing. The Fiend bestiary entry states that "Fiends are walking mountains of muscle..." Geralt even states later that this Fiend is bigger, stronger and faster than most others, meaning its muscle mass should be denser.
  2. Capable of slicing through plate armour. This is an animation, not a gameplay mechanic.
  3. Geralt's sword is described as being light and so sharp that just touching the edge would cut you. It is sharper than a razor. This was before Geralt got his new sword.
  4. Cuts a large cat in half with a single swing of his sword.

Speed

Now this is where Geralt really shines.

These scans show that Geralt can deflect crossbow bolts and throwing knives with his sword.

In comments above me I have seen people ask if Geralt can react to opponents who move like blurs and outright claim he can't, which is not true. In the first scan we see him maneuver around a werewolf which is moving so fast a blur is drawn, and in the second scan we see him parry attacks so fast they appear as blurs.

Loading Video...

Geralt has even managed to easily dance around a Striga. Remember the scan I showed earlier of a werewolf moving so fast it was a blur? Well in Curse of Crows Geralt confirms that werewolves move faster than werewolves. This is an animated retelling of the events in the books, but in the actual text Geralt states that he could easily kill the Striga at any time he likes.

Not only can Geralt react to blur speeds, he moves at them himself. The first two scans are self-explanatory, but in the third one he strikes an opponent with such speed that the wound is illustrated as a blur.

As well as being described and shown as a blur, Geralt is also completely FTE.

1. Geralt is said to have "cut down twenty men in the blink of an eye".
  2. Swings his swords so fast that an onlooker couldn't even see it.
  3. Geralt hits a man over the head with a purse so quickly he doesn't even have time to blink.

4-5. Geralt moves so fast he's illustrated not as a blur, but as a gust of wind.

Here are some other random speed feats for Geralt.

1. Is able to turn, run past someone and attack them before they can even raise their sword
  2. When two people attack at the same time, Geralt is quick enough to parry both before they can connect, and the sound is described as indistinguishable from one another because he parried them so quickly.
  3. Slides out the way of a large cat and kills it *after* it had already pounced.
  4. Geralt looks to be about a quarter of a metre away from a Werecat in the air and is quick enough to avoid his claw and cut off his arm by the next panel. It should be noted that Werecats also have supernatural speed, though to what degree is unknown.
  5. Hits a man in the head and manages to get inbetween two people and kill a man before the body hits the floor.
  6. Runs so fast that an onlooker didn’t think it was possible for a man to move as quickly as Geralt did.
  7. Someone who has seen Geralt fight describes his speed as “inhuman” and claims that no one can best him in a fight.

Durability

No Caption Provided

During combat, witchers enter a trance which stops them from feeling pain.

No Caption Provided

Gets submerged in water, thrown through a brick wall and falls about 1 metre and then gets up and fights, unhindered by the injury.

No Caption Provided

Tanks a hit from a Fiend and then immediately returns to fighting. Fiends are strong enough to rip fully grown humans in half. The Fiend bestiary entry states that "Fiends are walking mountains of muscle...Their size alone makes fiends and bumbakvetches extremely dangerous — one blow from their powerful paws can kill a horse along with its fully armored mount. Their enormous heft also makes them invulnerable to Aard: even witchers specializing in the power of Signs could not move one even an inch." Geralt even states later that this Fiend is bigger, stronger and faster than most others.

No Caption Provided

Geralt’s pulse is four times slower than a regular human’s, which means it takes him longer to bleed out and even saved his life.

Skill

As good as Geralt's physicals are, it is his job to fight thinks bigger, stronger and faster than him.

"In times past, no amount of gold would convince a witcher to take this contract."

This is a quote from the "A Night To Remember" cinematic trailer for The Witcher 3. The contract being referred to is fighting a Bruxa. It is considered almost impossible for a witcher to beat a Bruxa in a 1v1 because of their massive physical advantage. Now let's look at what Geralt did...

Loading Video...

In Blood & Wine Geralt solos a Bruxa and an Alp (which is eve more powerful than a Bruxa) in a surprise encounter. Regular witchers are already superhumans capable of beating monsters much stronger than them, and have been trained rigorously since birth. The difference between regular witchers and Geralt is so great that he is able to take on a Bruxa and another vampire even more powerful than without being injured, when regular witchers would lose to a Bruxa 1v1. He really is that good. Let's look at true Higher Vampires though.

Actual Higher Vampires are much more powerful than Bruxae and Alps. It is made a point in the games and novels that once again, even witchers cannot defeat them. When Eskel told a group of other witchers and some others everyone was surprised that he was capable of doing it. It turns out that he actually wasn't though and the Vampire was drunk.

Loading Video...

When Geralt encounters this specific Vampire it knows that he has never faced a Higher Vampire in combat before because he is still alive. This specific one has also killed multiple witchers before as he points out in the video. Geralt succeeds where other witchers failed and does this without being even seriously injured. That's not all though.

Loading Video...

Here Geralt kills Dettlaff, the Beast of Beuclair. He is the most powerful Higher Vampire and is described in the Bestiary to be one of the most powerful creatures to walk the earth. Geralt descibes him as being able to move as fast as the wind and is certain that he can easily cut down 100 military veterans at once. It is also said that he is literally powerful enough to solo the city. Geralt still wins. Regular witchers, superhuman monster slayers, can't beat random Higher Vampires and yet Geralt can best the most powerful one to have lived.

Loading Video...

His superiority over other witchers is cemented by him being able to beat two at once after being attacked by surprise.

Geralt fought all of the Crinfrid Reavers at once, and Yennefer claims that Geralt would have won the fight if it had continued. Geralt is certain that the Reavers together would be capable of killing a Golden Dragon.

Loading Video...

Geralt breaks into a prison for Witches and kills all the guards inside. It is said that the Prison is better guarded than "the Keep at Vicovaro", which is the Keep of an important Nilfgaardian official. The Prison is guarded by lots of highly trained Witch Hunters. The video here skipped the part where Geralt cut down over a dozen guards in an open courtyard whilst also being fired at by archers.

Loading Video...

Here Geralt solos an entire war camp full of dozens of elite Nilfgaardian soldiers.

Loading Video...

That's not all, he can also singlehandedly defeat legendary Golden Dragons in a fight he isn't prepared for.

No Caption Provided

He can even singlehandedly defeat twenty soldiers at once.

If people would like me to I can also do a post on Geralt's signs.

Tulak_Naga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55: Dude, make this a respect thread. That was some amazing stuff. Never knew Geralt was that fast or strong. Totally made me respect him a lot more.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tulak_Naga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Tulak_Naga
the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade is stronger and more durable, but Geralt should be able to contend with him in those areas. Speed should be around even. I also see Geralt as better swordsman

Round 1: Going with Geralt for a very slight majority.

Round 2: Don't know. It might be argued that Geralt can dodge a bullet, but automatic fire? Maybe sustained Quen would be able to block it. With his potions Geralt can significantly increase his already impressive capabilities. Axii would be usless, but Aard, Igni and Yrden would prove very usefull. I also don't know what Blade tends to do with prep time.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blade blitz stomp both rounds

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think signs are useless. Igni. Won't do shit to someone who took a building level explosion to the face, aard? Useless, all the signs her. So it comes to skill, blade has actually outskilled Wolverine on a fight recently, speed is not even comparable no one in Witcher verse is close to his speed level, now strength again blade win that round but closer.

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade rather easily unless some type of prep hax with sign combo that I am not considering. Blade is a faster, more durable and stronger version of Geralt with just as much skill.

MyGod000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMG Blade Win pretty much in a stomp.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geralt

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade

Avatar image for hoboswagginssidekick
HoboSwagginsSidekick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the shit geralt has done I wouldn't be surprised if Geralt can Dodge a bullet (if Daredevil can do it geralt can) and with Igni I think it becomes pretty balanced (unless Igni has a cooldown, I don't remember because I haven't played Witcher 3 in a while.) Blade does have better stats and at least equal swordsmanship. They both fight powerful monsters on the regular and both have some sort of way to regenerate (Geralt with potions and Blade with passive regeneration.) Due to his better stats and scale of his universe I'm inclined to say Blade but I'm not sure, something tells me I might have to toss the coin to my Witcher on this one

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hoboswagginssidekick: dodging a bullet like daredevil does is different from how blade does. Blade moves while bullet are flying at him and weave through them while smiling,dodging every shots.

Blade is at least 20times faster,faster than even the unseen elder.

Also blade gears are better, and he packs lots of bombs which can destroy entire temple.

Avatar image for hoboswagginssidekick
HoboSwagginsSidekick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dami24434: true, idk what I was thinking when I wrote my comment lol, I had to have been drunk or something

Knutcracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade due to speed and strength

Avatar image for pedrolopesmateus
PedroLopesMateus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bump.

The feats above don't convince me Blade wins tbh. For now going with Geralt but I admit I never read Blade and there is a good chance I'm wrong.

Avatar image for marygcrisostomo
marygcrisostomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1 is for Geralt and R2 is for Blade

PedroLopesMateus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Krishnyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blade is bullet timer as i remember, but i didn't read nothing of Blade since 2010)

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Eredin12

@pedrolopesmateus: Tbh, same as yours. I am not an expert on Blade or anything, but from what I saw, I would back Geralt as well for now

PedroLopesMateus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blade is bullet timer as i remember, but i didn't read nothing of Blade since 2010)

This isn't near enough to beat Geralt since Dettlaff himself is faster than a bullet and obvioulsy doesn't only move in a straight line like a bullet.

@eredin12 said:

@pedrolopesmateus: Tbh, same as yours. I am not an expert on Blade or anything, but from what I saw, I would back Geralt as well for now

People back then lowballed Geralt (and the verse in general) to be honest and think bullet-timing is enough to be faster than him, lol.

Krishnyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers