- No BFR

- Moral off (but not bloodlusted)

- To the death or KO

#2 Posted by ComicStooge (13388 posts) - - Show Bio

TDKR Bane stomps his head in.

#3 Posted by kyrees (5431 posts) - - Show Bio

bat nipples FTW!!!!

#4 Posted by SirNeko (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't remember the old movies alot, but IIRC Nolanverse stomps every other Batman movie universe.

#5 Posted by KingOfAsh (3621 posts) - - Show Bio

Screw hipsters; Nolanverse = genius

#6 Posted by beatboks1 (7312 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirneko said:

I don't remember the old movies alot, but IIRC Nolanverse stomps every other Batman movie universe.

You were right you DON'T remember the old movies. Show me a single Nolanverse feat where

Batman crashes his batwing from height and speed get's out climbs 60 flights of stairs injured and still has the wear with all to fight half a dozen highly trained martial artists.

Falls a hundred feet onto he feet and fights a street gang.

Leaps from the top of a 4 or 5 story building into a manhole which had a funnel to make him fall further into a trap and then fight a half dozen guys.

There's a feat from all three of the earlier Batmen.

#7 Posted by Bruxae (14004 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane stomps, Clooney Batman was an idiot.

#8 Posted by SirNeko (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirneko said:

You were right you DON'T remember the old movies. Show me a single Nolanverse feat where

Batman crashes his batwing from height and speed get's out climbs 60 flights of stairs injured and still has the wear with all to fight half a dozen highly trained martial artists.

Falls a hundred feet onto he feet and fights a street gang.

Leaps from the top of a 4 or 5 story building into a manhole which had a funnel to make him fall further into a trap and then fight a half dozen guys.

There's a feat from all three of the earlier Batmen.

I stand corrected then.

#9 Edited by DrMantisToboggan (594 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: Not arguing but when does he fall 100 feet and fight a gang? Returns? He glides off of a tower but simply returns to a sabotaged automobile. He does fight off hoards of goons but nothing different than what bale does on multiple occasions. When he descends through the funnel he doesn't fight anyone he uses his flame retardant cape to repel the explosion from dent, then is buried in sand until dick saves him. Also those are keaton/Kilmer feats, granted they are all in a relative continuity. Clooney batman suffers from being a product of Schumacher who many would agree nearly doomed batmans cinematic future. Clooney batman is equipped with retractable ice skates in his boots, bat-bombs, a heat gun, a handheld buzzsaw, a bat-credit card, and bat-nipples aka the campiest tech since adam west. Tom hardy bane simply relies on brute force and fighting skill. Clooney defeats freeze but his suit severely restricts his mobility, but an argument could be made that their strength level is nearly equal simply because it's Arnold. Despite this I'd say bane stomps, Clooney was not depicted as a very skilled martial artist and his cowl has the same problem as bales first cowl, he can't turn his head. I suppose with morals off he could stick bane with a bat bomb or use his skates as a weapon but I think bane would one shot him if he got that close, a one shot he'd undoubtedly follow with a backbreaker. Here's hoping batfleck will be a closer rendition of peak human, especially if he's engaging clark.

#10 Edited by beatboks1 (7312 posts) - - Show Bio

@drmantistoboggan:

Actually now that I think about it it was Keaton from the original film. Your right none were Clooney.

I'm also not disputing Bane wins. Just the contention that Nolanverse Bat's Stomps every other movie Batman. The only one it stomps is clooney ( I'd say Kilmer and Bale are pretty close to even. Bale has slightly better skill than Keaton displayed but Keaton had superior durability and gear to compensate)

#11 Posted by Chibi_cute (4562 posts) - - Show Bio

H2H match? Clooney batman gets curbstomped its not even funny. clooney batman gets his back broken with shattered ribs much more easily than bale batman.

#12 Posted by silent_bomber (1830 posts) - - Show Bio

Clooney Batman curbstomps.

Clooney Batman fought a version of Bane who was like 5 times stronger than Hardy Bane, a guy who broke chains that were inches thick, walked nonchalantly through brick walls and threw guys several meters through the air.

Hardy Batman is not strong enough to hurt Clooney Batman, and not fast enough to hit Clooney Batman.

Clooney Batman moves like a puppet on strings and can jump ludicrous distances.

Chris O'Donnell Robin can climb up the side of a rocket that is traveling at escape velocity and then leap off and surf across rooftops on a random piece of metal he found whilst in mid-air for gods sake!!!

Just that feat alone makes Chris O'Donnell Robin superhuman level in stats.

@sirneko said:

I don't remember the old movies a lot, but IIRC Nolanverse stomps every other Batman movie universe.

No, you have this backwards, Nolan characters lose to all other Batman film characters bar (arguably) Batman Forever ones, Nolan characters are supposed to be "realistic" which puts them at a huge stat disadvantage.

#13 Edited by DrMantisToboggan (594 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: Again not arguing but I'd say I respectfully disagree that keatons durability and tech are better. Durability is close considering keaton is shot like 4 or 5 times in 'Batman' and now that I'm typing this I remember which fall you referenced... when he grapples to the catwalk and let's Vicki reach the catwalk while he drops and plays dead, pops up, throws a few punches then is knocked down and shot almost point blank 3 times. But that comes right to a bale tech advantage, they try and unmask keaton and only stop cause Vicki starts snapping pics. Bales cowl, however, shocks the jokers thug when he tries to remove it. Keaton does have solid durability but a lot was due to his body armor, I basically give bale the edge cause he recovers from a broken back in what 5 months? Haha. He also tanks plenty of punches from bane, an enemy far superior to anyone keaton faces. IIRC keaton has a line launcher, standard and remote batarang, smoke pellets, grapple, napalm, and maybe a few more things I'm forgetting. Bale has sharper, smaller batarangs including some with tranq capabilities, remote EMP and EMP gun, timed explosive gel launcher, cowl sonar, grapple, the hand thing he cuts cranes van with, whatever he uses to explode/sever the train car when fighting ra's, and probably a few more things. Granted bales tech was about 20 years ahead of keaton so it's almost not fair. Keatons batmobile/wing, on the other hand were extremely lethal considering he kills quite a few people in his movies. Again no intention of disproving anything you've said, I actually just really enjoy having this discussion.

#14 Posted by DrMantisToboggan (594 posts) - - Show Bio

@silent_bomber: but if you remember he only engages that bane once very briefly and is basically one shotted. Also that bane is defeated by dick and Babs just by severing his venom tubes. Dick climbs the rocket with some ridiculous handheld super magnets, I'd argue that it's actually robin that has most of the absurd feats, Clooney does have one or two but he really doesn't do a whole lot other than taking down freeze. Nolanverse is def more realistic, but it's all relative. Hardy bane still has borderline superhuman durability/strength, plus he's a brilliant tactician, and trained by the LOA.

#15 Posted by silent_bomber (1830 posts) - - Show Bio

If tactics came into it, Bane would probably win (Clooney Batman is a complete moron).

But this is a no prep fight to the death.

Clooney Batman took punches and kicks from Mr Freeze, who has considerably better strength feats than Hardy Bane.

Clooney Batman nonchalantly picked up Robin, who was encased in a load of ice at the time (which would make him really heavy)

His agility was also definitely well above human, his leaps and backflips were impossible.

#16 Posted by DrMantisToboggan (594 posts) - - Show Bio

@silent_bomber: haha remember in the beginning when Clooney knocks freezes gun away and it lands perfectly on a ledge, and arnold just grabs a guard and throws him with one hand up to the ledge to knock it down... "Thanks" haha. No matter the outcome of this fight, arnold solos everyone in a one-liners competition. His feats in that movie alone are better than most

#17 Posted by silent_bomber (1830 posts) - - Show Bio

@silent_bomber: haha remember in the beginning when Clooney knocks freezes gun away and it lands perfectly on a ledge, and arnold just grabs a guard and throws him with one hand up to the ledge to knock it down... "Thanks" haha.

@silent_bomber: No matter the outcome of this fight, arnold solos everyone in a one-liners competition. His feats in that movie alone are better than most

Agreed, LOL

#18 Edited by The_Titan_Lord (6764 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Chibi_cute (4562 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by silent_bomber (1830 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibi_cute said:

@silent_bomber: clooney batman is piece of trash.

The thread isn't "who's your favourite Batman?"

The thread is a battle match up without prep.

Clooney Batman is an overpowered Batman precisely because his film is so ridiculous.

#21 Edited by Frozen (14334 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: How did Keaton have superior durability? Batman (Bale) was able to take Bane's punches in their second fight, and Bane was shown to be superhuman (he punched and shattered walls). I agree that Keaton had superior gear, but in a fight with Bale, he wouldn't get the chance to use it.

#22 Posted by Frozen (14334 posts) - - Show Bio

Clooney Batman curbstomps.

Clooney Batman fought a version of Bane who was like 5 times stronger than Hardy Bane, a guy who broke chains that were inches thick, walked nonchalantly through brick walls and threw guys several meters through the air.

Hardy Batman is not strong enough to hurt Clooney Batman, and not fast enough to hit Clooney Batman.

Clooney Batman moves like a puppet on strings and can jump ludicrous distances.

Chris O'Donnell Robin can climb up the side of a rocket that is traveling at escape velocity and then leap off and surf across rooftops on a random piece of metal he found whilst in mid-air for gods sake!!!

Just that feat alone makes Chris O'Donnell Robin superhuman level in stats.

@sirneko said:

I don't remember the old movies a lot, but IIRC Nolanverse stomps every other Batman movie universe.

No, you have this backwards, Nolan characters lose to all other Batman film characters bar (arguably) Batman Forever ones, Nolan characters are supposed to be "realistic" which puts them at a huge stat disadvantage.

1997 Bane was strong, but he was an idiot. He couldn't fight, he had no skill - TDKR Bane had skill, and superhuman strength (ability to shatter walls, crack people's necks with one arm, etc). TDKR Bane was able to exert his physical abilities much better than the 1997 version.

The problem with Clooney's Batman and his opponents, is that none of them actually had any fighting ability.

#23 Posted by silent_bomber (1830 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to have to stop replying to these threads soon, I'm starting to sound like a broken record :(

@frozen said:

@beatboks1: How did Keaton have superior durability?

Keaton Batman: Batwing Crash, Batwing exploded with him in it, was sitting in its smouldering, smoking wreckage for a minute or two, pulled himself out and walked up over 20 flights of stairs into another fight.

@frozen said:

@beatboks1: Baleman was able to take Bane's punches in their second fight, and Bane was shown to be superhuman.

Loads of characters in Burton's films were superhuman, even some of the cannon fodder.

@frozen said:

TDKR Bane had skill, and superhuman strength (ability to shatter walls, crack people's necks with one arm, etc).

Hardy Bane showed very little skill, most of what he did was throw Haymakers, including a ridiculous roundhouse Haymaker.

Hardy Bane only managed to block like 30% of hits from a guy who's doctor described as a physical wreck.

Breaking concrete is not very comparable to breaking inch thick chains with one arm.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hardy Bane cannot hurt Clooney Batman, Clooney is used to taking punches from Comic book superhuman level characters who are multiple times stronger than Hardy Bane. Clooneyman could easily best Robin, and Robin could climb up a rocket traveling at escape velocity which makes him ludicrously strong. Fighting Hardy Bane without prep would be a picnic for Clooneyman.

#24 Posted by Albertphytagoras (1907 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane maybe.

#25 Posted by Frozen (14334 posts) - - Show Bio

@silent_bomber:

I'm going to have to stop replying to these threads soon, I'm starting to sound like a broken record :(

Arrogance won't make it any better.

Keaton Batman: Batwing Crash, Batwing exploded with him in it, was sitting in its smouldering, smoking wreckage for a minute or two, pulled himself out and walked up over 20 flights of stairs into another fight.

And TDK Batman wasn't durable?

• Getting shot point-blank range by Harvey Dent, then tackling him, lifting Gordon's kid and falling about 20 feet while being able to run away.
  • Most of the wreckage never even hit Keaton.
  • You don't also think Bale's Batman felt the impact of the explosion? Because even though he did escape, he felt the impact as the explosion spread out.
  • He was set on fire in Batman Begins and then fell out of a building.
  • He jumped out of a SKY-SCRAPER and landed on a car
  • He glided at fast-speeds into a skyscraper and into Chow
  • Jumped and landed hard into a car at the beginning of The Dark Knight

I can go on. Bale's Batman showed durability in combat too.

Loads of characters in Burton's films were superhuman, even some of the cannon fodder.

You may be right on that, but were they able to exert their ability like Bane was? Bane was able to exert his strength effectively.

Hardy Bane showed very little skill, most of what he did was throw Haymakers, including a ridiculous roundhouse Haymaker.

Wrong. Just because he was 'slow' (he wasn't in the second fight), doesn't mean he isn't skilled. He clearly was, what do you want him to do? Do some kung-fu flipping crap? He had a style of fighting that was grounded but matched his strengths, and it was clear that even when Batman came back, he displayed fighting ability/skill.

Hardy Bane only managed to block like 30% of hits from a guy who's doctor described as a physical wreck.

He was TOYING with Batman, feeling out what he can do - and he wasn't ''physically weak'', because Batman was able to dodge bullets and take on LOS despite not being in shape (pre-pit).

Breaking concrete is not very comparable to breaking inch thick chains with one arm.

He was breaking concrete in the middle of a fight, and displayed that level of strength throughout. 1997 Bane did not use his strength wisely. And he didn't even tag Batman that much (because he was an oaf).

#26 Posted by 106me (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, if we can base the fight off of direct cinematic scenes, then Bane definitely wins. Lol, realistic fights should not be put on comic vine. Everyone is too obsessed with feats which don't work with realistic fights. Clooney's Batman has virtually no style and fights as if he were playing Assassin's Creed. What I'm saying is basically he is a brawler. TDKR Bane is much more stylized than Clooney. He is mainly into striking with brute force, something a brawler can't defend against (unless the brawler has way more experience than the trained fighter, and the trained fighter has poor technique in his strikes and is inexperienced, but this is not the case). This is basically a stomp for Bane.

#27 Edited by silent_bomber (1830 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrogance won't make it any better.

Not really arrogance, I'm getting self conscious about how many times I've repeated the same lines.

@frozen said:

Wrong. Just because he was 'slow' (he wasn't in the second fight), doesn't mean he isn't skilled. He clearly was.

No, he clearly wasn't, at all, I've gone through threads like this on Martial Arts forums where everything Bane did in those movies is considered a joke, he threw Haymakers, he barely blocked, he did some slow forward kicks.

Getting shot point-blank range by Harvey Dent

Keaton was shot tons of times, I wouldn't even count it as a feat for him.

Heck he was shot when he had nothing but a tray for protection and was still up in a matter of seconds

Most of the wreckage never even hit Keaton...You don't also think Bale's Batman felt the impact of the explosion?

Keaton was pretty much at the center of an explosion.

That's actually an interesting addition though, haven't heard that being brought up very often.

Here you can definitely see the explosion throwing Bruce (there's another larger one later but it just looks like a near miss).

I was unsure before, but I would definitely put Bale Batman above Kilmer Batman now, he's way more versatile and well rounded.

All Kilmer Batman has are the "punching through helicopter glass" strength feat, and "impervious to fire and heat" feat IIRC.

He glided at fast-speeds into a skyscraper and into Chow

He glided through a window, not really a feat tbh

He jumped out of a SKY-SCRAPER and landed on a car..... He was set on fire in Batman Begins and then fell out of a building..... Jumped and landed hard into a car at the beginning of The Dark Knight

Yup, where it comes to "falling from height onto a car" feats Baleman is the undisputed champ, I would say that his descent was slowed by his cape in these instances, but they're all still pretty impressive durability feats.

I think Keaton only has one falling feat, during the Joker goon fight midway through Batman '89. As a falling feat its not as impressive as Baleman's "Rachael", and "on fire" feats but its OK-ish.

Batman was able to dodge bullets

Baleman never dodged a bullet in any of those movies, people missed him a lot, but that's about it.

(Baleman) wasn't ''physically weak''

That's not what his doctor said, who had access to test results and x-rays.

And he didn't even tag (Clooney) Batman that much (because he was an oaf).

We moved away from that argument now.

Mr Freeze tagged Clooney multiple times, and was also far, far stronger than Hardy Bane.

Clooneyman also easily bested Robin, who had feats which were waay above human.

Even Alicia Silverstone has a... hell I'm not even sure what this is!

#28 Edited by Thanofleeze (3157 posts) - - Show Bio

He never leaves home without it.

#29 Posted by Frozen (14334 posts) - - Show Bio

@silent_bomber:

No, he clearly wasn't, at all, I've gone through threads like this on Martial Arts forums where everything Bane did in those movies is considered a joke, he threw Haymakers, he barely blocked, he did some slow forward kicks.

Yes, he was - obviously, movies will portray martial arts different to the comics. That's a given, but what Bane did is NOT considered a joke. He threw haymakers because he could get away with it. And it showcased his strength, he wasn't an ordinary big guy throwing haymakers, he was a trained fighter. Bane did block, in the first fight he didn't need to block because he was literally taunting Batman.

You're literally criticizing every aspect of his fighting, but that was the style which worked to his style. He played his strengths effectively.

If anything, the fact that Bane was taking his shots without blocking was breaking Batman's spirit.. And slow?

0:13 he switches into a fast back kick.

3:03 he turns from slow to a rapid reaction.

Keaton was shot tons of times, I wouldn't even count it as a feat for him

Yes, that was due to his armour. Bale was shot on the shoulder in TDKR and it bounced right off him.

Keaton was pretty much at the center of an explosion.

That's actually an interesting addition though, haven't heard that being brought up very often.

Here you can definitely see the explosion affecting Bruce (there's another larger one later but it just looks like a near miss).

My bad on Keaton not being the centre. That's a good GIF you posted, it shows he does feel it - but I was referring to the Nuclear blast feat.

Yup, where it comes to "falling from height onto a car" feats Baleman is the undisputed champ, I would say that his descent was slowed by his cape in these instances, but they're all still pretty impressive durability feats.

They are good feats to his name, because the impact should shatter his bones - but they don't. They weren't slowed by his cape to the point where he was gliding.

I think Keaton only has one falling feat, during the Joker goon fight midway through Batman '89. As a falling feat its not as impressive as Baleman's "Rachael", and "on fire" feats but its OK-ish.

I guess it's OK, though Keaton has much denser armor, Bale's falling feats are impressive.

Baleman never dodged a bullet in any of those movies, people missed him a lot, but that's about it.

1:10:

He's not exactly consciously dodging them, but he's being shot at by a rapid fire gun and he's moving side-to-side at an incredible pace, and he covers the distance quickly. Keaton never displayed such speed.

That's not what his doctor said, who had access to test results and x-rays.

The Doctor is for the first time, giving Bruce knowledge on his body's condition - Bruce had scars on his body and damage in TDK (his prime).

We moved away from that argument now.

Mr Freeze tagged Clooney multiple times, and was also far, far stronger than Hardy Bane.

Clooneyman also easily bested Robin, who had feats which were waay above human.

I meant the 97 Bane didn't tag him, he displayed strength but he was near useless.

Are you sure? Can you show clips of Freeze landing punches and kicks on Batman?

And did Robin display those feats when needed in combat?

#30 Posted by thelocust619 (2261 posts) - - Show Bio

@106me: Oh, if we can base the fight off of direct cinematic scenes, then Bane definitely wins. Lol, realistic fights should not be put on comic vine. Everyone is too obsessed with feats which don't work with realistic fights. Clooney's Batman has virtually no style and fights as if he were playing Assassin's Creed. What I'm saying is basically he is a brawler. TDKR Bane is much more stylized than Clooney. He is mainly into striking with brute force, something a brawler can't defend against (unless the brawler has way more experience than the trained fighter, and the trained fighter has poor technique in his strikes and is inexperienced, but this is not the case). This is basically a stomp for Bane.

What are you talking about??? Are you confused? Brawlers use brute force, if anything Bane is the brawler with all his sloppy haymakers and slow mud fighting speed. His literal ONLY feat that required any training was ignoring a firecracker....everything else he did was outright dumb in a fight.

His win on Batman was garbage as well...no one in their right mind would fight a larger guy with super slow dramatic haymakers....batman showed less fighting experience than bane did in that scene.

I'm not even judging by martial arts standards....by GENERIC action movie standards, that fight was bad. Bane showed no skill and beat a guy with a physical handicap, a smaller build, and also showed no skill. Or common sense.

Vs a clearly superhuman sat Batman who regardless of his 1950s superhero fighting style (stupidly long wire jumps, no regard for physics, simple punches that one shot nearly every thing that's not copyrighted such as a major villain), it was effective regardless via his clearly superhuman stats.

Hardy Bane would take a swing only for the camera to show a close up of George jumping off screen, another shot of him flipping, then another shot of him landing behind Bane before the punch is even finished. There's no way Bane can win here.

#31 Edited by Frozen (14334 posts) - - Show Bio

@106me: Oh, if we can base the fight off of direct cinematic scenes, then Bane definitely wins. Lol, realistic fights should not be put on comic vine. Everyone is too obsessed with feats which don't work with realistic fights. Clooney's Batman has virtually no style and fights as if he were playing Assassin's Creed. What I'm saying is basically he is a brawler. TDKR Bane is much more stylized than Clooney. He is mainly into striking with brute force, something a brawler can't defend against (unless the brawler has way more experience than the trained fighter, and the trained fighter has poor technique in his strikes and is inexperienced, but this is not the case). This is basically a stomp for Bane.

What are you talking about??? Are you confused? Brawlers use brute force, if anything Bane is the brawler with all his sloppy haymakers and slow mud fighting speed. His literal ONLY feat that required any training was ignoring a firecracker....everything else he did was outright dumb in a fight.

His win on Batman was garbage as well...no one in their right mind would fight a larger guy with super slow dramatic haymakers....batman showed less fighting experience than bane did in that scene.

I'm not even judging by martial arts standards....by GENERIC action movie standards, that fight was bad. Bane showed no skill and beat a guy with a physical handicap, a smaller build, and also showed no skill. Or common sense.

Vs a clearly superhuman sat Batman who regardless of his 1950s superhero fighting style (stupidly long wire jumps, no regard for physics, simple punches that one shot nearly every thing that's not copyrighted such as a major villain), it was effective regardless via his clearly superhuman stats.

Hardy Bane would take a swing only for the camera to show a close up of George jumping off screen, another shot of him flipping, then another shot of him landing behind Bane before the punch is even finished. There's no way Bane can win here.

Again, this post is nonsense.

Bane was slow against Batman the first time because it was that easy for him, in the second fight he fought with much more intensity and co-ordination. And his style, worked to his abilities. Bane's assets were strength and durability and he used it to the best of his abilities. Bane's style isn't to fight with ninja-flips, but a methodical striker.

No it wasn't - Bane's durability was extremely high, the fight just proved it. In fact, he was going to beat Batman the second time around had Batman not broke his mask.

By generic movie standards? Have you not even seen the fights in Batman and Robin? or Batman Begins? They were a vast improvement upon them.

If you watch the second fight with Batman, Bane was on his way to a victory - despite Batman training physically to get his level up again.

People are forgetting that not only is this version of Bane a skilled fighter, but he also has superhuman strength (shattering pillars, etc). The first punch he lands on Clooney, and it's over.

This is the first thread I've seen where Clooney is actually getting overrated, his Batman was garbage in a fight - and that universe, nobody could actually fight. Clooney would get stomped by Keaton's Batman.

As soon as Clooney gets close, he get's caught.

#32 Edited by thelocust619 (2261 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: just watched those videos....where does Bane do something fast, again?? He didn't even link a combo, there's a pause after literally every perfectly predictable/avoidable strike in both fights....

And you can't see what batman did when he's getting shot at, all that can be said is he covered 10 feet in about as long as it should take to cover 10 feet....for all we know the guy just missed cuz it was dark. Being that's a strategy Batman uses.Clearly, in this instance.

#33 Posted by Frozen (14334 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: just watched those videos....where does Bane do something fast, again?? He didn't even link a combo, there's a pause after literally every perfectly predictable/avoidable strike in both fights....

And you can't see what batman did when he's getting shot at, all that can be said is he covered 10 feet in about as long as it should take to cover 10 feet....for all we know the guy just missed cuz it was dark. Being that's a strategy Batman uses.Clearly, in this instance.

0:13, switches into a fast back kick

3:03, grabbing Batman very fast

It's his reactions in combat. Couple that with his strength too, which was capable of shattering walls.

You can clearly see that Batman is moving from side-to-side, he can't really see the shooters to well either.

#34 Edited by thelocust619 (2261 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: I think your rebuttle is more nonsensical than my post lol you keep going on how bane was faster the second time.....very clearly shows in your videos that he wasn't. He was horrible. Again. The fight didn't even go through a wall, they moved like 15 feet, and Bane clearly can't form a combo to save his life. Vs a Batman who can at least link three consequitive shots, somewhat ignore physics depending on the context, and fight Mr. Freeze, who can literally toss a man an entire story. Wtf am I missing something?

#35 Posted by Frozen (14334 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: I think your rebuttle is more nonsensical than my post lol you keep going on how bane was faster the second time.....very clearly shows in your videos that he wasn't. He was horrible. Again. The fight didn't even go through a wall, they moved like 15 feet, and Bane clearly can't form a combo to save his life. Vs a Batman who can at least link three consequitive shots, somewhat ignore physics depending on the context, and fight Mr. Freeze, who can literally toss a man an entire story. Wtf am I missing something?

Wrong.

Just because you don't like the way Nolan did his fight scenes, does not mean that Bane is a ''horrible fighter'' - he clearly wasn't. Being able to take Batman's hits easily and beat him around is an impressive combat feat. And in the second fight, he took it more seriously - he fought as a methodical striker. And you're missing the point, he doesn't need to throw a combo. It's not how he fights, his single few hits are more impactful than say a combo from Batman.

Basically, you want Bane to fight in a different style of fighting. I've said it once and I'll say it again, Bane's style of fighting worked to the best of his ability.

And even if Bane is as slow as you claim, he's still far faster than Clooney. You're acting as if Clooney has some sort of speed advantage, which he doesn't have at all. And again, Freeze was not a fighter - he was armored up and weighed down, extremely slow. FAR slower than Bane, everyone that Clooney fought was far slower than Bane (who isn't amazingly fast).

Yeah, you're missing something.

#36 Posted by Derrick_nolan (222 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane would titty twist clooney's bat nips.

#37 Edited by silent_bomber (1830 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen said:

1:10:

No bullets were dodged, incompetent gunmen missed him in the dark.

Bullet dodge feats require the gunman to be shown clearly pointing at the target, firing, and the target clearly moving out of the way whilst the bullet is in transit. What's seen here could be anything from aim-dodging to simply poor aim.

Keaton never displayed such speed.

Keaton actually has a legitimate bullet time feat, he blocked his head from a bullet after it had already been fired from the gun, and as such is seriously superior to Baleman in speed stats

but I was referring to the Nuclear blast feat.

That one is very dodgy as a feat, nothing is shown at all and we have no idea how Baleman escaped.

And did Robin display those feats when needed in combat?

I would say so, there's this kick for instance which takes out two thugs simultaneously

Can you show clips of Freeze landing punches and kicks on Batman

#38 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12346 posts) - - Show Bio

Bat-nips, Bat-crotch and Bat-butt are all you need to win

#39 Edited by Frozen (14334 posts) - - Show Bio

@silent_bomber:

No bullets were dodged, incompetent gunmen missed him in the dark.

Bullet dodge feats require the gunman to be shown clearly pointing at the target, firing, and the target clearly moving out of the way whilst the bullet is in transit. What's seen here could be anything from aim-dodging to simply poor aim.

But he was also in the dark? He doesn't have night-vision. It still showcases that he was able to cover the distance in a matter of mere seconds and he was able to move side-to side at a fast pace. The gun was not single-fire either.

Keaton actually has a legitimate bullet time feat, he blocked his head from a bullet after it had already been fired from the gun, and as such is seriously superior to Baleman in speed stats

No he didn't. He saw that he had a gun in his hand and moved his hand to block it. He could tell from his movement that he was going to shoot, that was good anticipation but not superior speed to Bale (who actually evaded a rapid fire gun).

That one is very dodgy as a feat, nothing is shown at all and we have no idea how Baleman escaped.

He still must have taken impact because the Bat was destroyed itself?

I would say so, there's this kick for instance which takes out two thugs simultaneously

That was quite impressive, though did he not use it against Bane? (who was extremely, extremely dumb and slow). Any non-canon fodder?

Can you show clips of Freeze landing punches and kicks on Batman

The first one, he just gets hit down. The second one was more impressive.

However, Freeze is Armoured up and incredibly slow/plodding and he was able to land on Clooney's face. A good durability feat, but then I wouldn't be surprised if Bane could easily land on him. Freeze was able to tag Clooney when Clooney came in close. Bane will easily be able to catch him, unless he can dodge/evade Bane's hits close-quarters like Bale did at 2:44 (he can't):

As soon as Clooney gets close, he'll get caught (as Bale did at 2:49 mark)

Clooney has yet to fight anyone actually formidable, as Bale and Keaton fought. Clooney's high-wire kicks won't be effective here.

#40 Edited by Frozen (14334 posts) - - Show Bio

Bat-nips, Bat-crotch and Bat-butt are all you need to win

This hurts.

#41 Edited by Racob7 (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

Bat nips bro.

#42 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12346 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Edited by silent_bomber (1830 posts) - - Show Bio

He saw that he had a gun in his hand and moved his hand to block it.

The gun was fired before the scene cut to Keaton, you just can't hear it because GIF

Joker fires the gun, BANG! the scene then cuts to Keaton with his arm down, he moves his arm up and blocks the bullet.

#44 Posted by copete (1087 posts) - - Show Bio

I think if Batman tried to slice Bane with his bat skates, he is going to lose his leg and half of his manhood.

#45 Posted by thelocust619 (2261 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: Just because you don't like the way Nolan did his fight scenes, does not mean that Bane is a ''horrible fighter'' - he clearly wasn't. Being able to take Batman's hits easily and beat him around is an impressive combat feat. And in the second fight, he took it more seriously - he fought as a methodical striker. And you're missing the point, he doesn't need to throw a combo. It's not how he fights, his single few hits are more impactful than say a combo from Batman.

Basically, you want Bane to fight in a different style of fighting. I've said it once and I'll say it again, Bane's style of fighting worked to the best of his ability.

And even if Bane is as slow as you claim, he's still far faster than Clooney. You're acting as if Clooney has some sort of speed advantage, which he doesn't have at all. And again, Freeze was not a fighter - he was armored up and weighed down, extremely slow. FAR slower than Bane, everyone that Clooney fought was far slower than Bane (who isn't amazingly fast).

Yeah, you're missing something.

Okay, let's recap and see if I am: Hardy Bane is a peak human with striking feats as a light concrete buster (didn't punch it dead on, he broke the column's weakest point) who moves at realistic human speed and perhaps full on wall busting durability (concrete or brick wall, not sheetrock). BatClooney has low superhuman strength (knocked out bane in a single strike that was heard off camera, delivered by a roughly four inch thick hollow pipe he straight up broke off a machine it was solidly fixed to. The metal was decently thick and it wasn't frozen), he has the perception to catch and dodge 99% of the blows thrown at him by men who occasionally knew martial arts, he has Wall busting+ durability with feats of taking blows from characters that can one shot entire walls and throw people an entire story into the air. Plus physics defying flips and jumps...not looking good for Bane.

Saying Bane uses a style "best for him" has no bearing on anything. Batman uses a style best for himself, too lol. It doesn't change the fact that Bane's fighting style is predictable and slow as dirt for a universe with realistic speeds.

And he's not even implied to be fast, he's implied to be strong and well trained. As trained as he is, his speed is a factor and he beat a batman incapable of recreating his earlier fighting feats. He lost to the same batman who just recovered from a broken back. Prime Baleman would danced on him, but Clooney's superior agility via dodging/countering feats would allow him to punish all those openings. With arguably equal strength, bane isn't soaking as many as when he fought crippled bale man. With superior durability from what was shown, Banes tough-thug status strength is not overpowering a superhuman in prime condition.So I'm still waiting on this fact I'm missing....cuz gritty realistic human world isn't beating the campy exaggerated one

#46 Posted by thelocust619 (2261 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: and if you wanna say that Bane is implied to be moving faster due to feats reacting to out-of-shape leg brace batman, then I can say that bane tagged robin yet batman no selled everything he could do (save for when he was distracted by ivy), implying far greater speeds given Robin's agility.

#47 Edited by Frozen (14334 posts) - - Show Bio

@thelocust619: You've ignored most of my points.

Hardy Bane is a peak human with striking feats as a light concrete buster

No, he was near-superhuman. Even Batman in that movie was. No human in real life could fall the heights that Batman did and carry on as he did (as a crime-fighter) or survive the explosions, etc.

(didn't punch it dead on, he broke the column's weakest point)

Didn't punch it dead on? Yes he did, he punched and made holds through them without even bleeding. And he was able to crack people's necks with just one arm.

who moves at realistic human speed

Still faster than Clooney's Batman or any of his villains. And again, speed was not Bane's specialty.

perhaps full on wall busting durability (concrete or brick wall, not sheetrock)

Probably concrete. But they filmed at Wall-Street, so whatever those pillars are made from.

BatClooney has low superhuman strength (knocked out bane in a single strike that was heard off camera

I reviewed the fight, and this version of Bane is extremely slow. Far, far slower than Hardy's Bane - what Clooney does is he throws Bane over his back (2:18) and Bane is unable to even get up, then Clooney can take advantage.

It's ridiculous that you're criticizing Hardy's Bane's speed when it won't even matter. Hardy's Bane was much faster than the 97 Bane and he'd have little trouble in catching Clooney. He has the strength to smash apart his helmet (as he did Bale's).

delivered by a roughly four inch thick hollow pipe he straight up broke off a machine it was solidly fixed to

Link?

he has the perception to catch and dodge 99% of the blows thrown at him by men who occasionally knew martial arts

An 'out of shape' Batman (Bale) was able to take on various members of the League of Shadows with ease. They were referred to as 'trained killers' - your point is incredibly hypocrytical, as you acknowledge Clooney can catch punches thrown by men who 'know' Martial Arts but refuse to acknowledge that Bane was a skilled fighter? Did he too not 'know' Martial Arts (as the movie stated?)

he has Wall busting+

So does Bane...

durability with feats of taking blows from characters that can one shot entire walls

Batman took shots from Bane (a wall-buster) several times.

and throw people an entire story into the air.

Are you referring to 97 Bane? The Bane that can't even catch a SLOW Batman (this Batman can't move his head).

Plus physics defying flips and jumps

And Bale's Batman made physics defying falls. In combat, it won't matter once he engages with Bane.

Saying Bane uses a style "best for him" has no bearing on anything. Batman uses a style best for himself, too lol. It doesn't change the fact that Bane's fighting style is predictable and slow as dirt for a universe with realistic speeds.

But, it does - it was effective. Bane was a methodical striker, who literally felt no pain when in combat (due to his mask, which Clooney won't be smart enough to exploit). Your slow argument makes NO sense. The 97 Bane was FAR slower than Hardy's Bane, so much to the fast that he couldn't even catch Batman. He was an oaf, he didn't speak audible English.

Hardy's Bane was effective in using his strength and durability as a striker.

And he's not even implied to be fast, he's implied to be strong and well trained.

Bane's (Hardy) speed is still far faster than anyone in the Clooneyverse. In the Clooneyverse, every villain/hero were slow - that's because all of the fight scene involved exaggerated jumps and fighting that shows no skill.

As trained as he is, his speed is a factor and he beat a batman incapable of recreating his earlier fighting feats.

The highlight shows your mistake. He beat a Batman that accomplished his previous feats (such as falling from high-roof tops, etc). Bale's Batman could survive ridiculous falls, yet Bane was able to smash his armor apart.

He lost to the same batman who just recovered from a broken back.

Wrong. The Batman that came back from the pit had little difference to the one shown in The Dark Knight. In The Dark Knight, he didn't fight anyone that was notable of skill - so naturally, he looked more impressive. But against Bane, he's in for a tougher fight.

And had Batman not used his gauntlets, he would have lost to Bane in the rematch (as Bane was starting to turn the fight to his favor).

And he hadn't ''just'' recovered from a broken back, he'd recovered from that back for a few months. He spent some time actually trying to get out of the pit.

Prime Baleman would danced on him

Addressed this point above.

but Clooney's superior agility via dodging/countering feats would allow him to punish all those openings

Dodging from who? Canon-fodder? Yeah.

0:20 of the video, his dodges of the 97 Bane are extremely pathetic and slow - he should be much faster than that.

With arguably equal strength, bane isn't soaking as many as when he fought crippled bale man.

His strength was NEVER shown in the manner that Bane's did - not even close.

Hardy's Bane exerted his strength in a fight, whereas Clooney's Batman did not. Hardy's Bane shattered walls, completely tossed around Bale's Batman (do note that Bale's Batman had for a short time, still proved physically able to take on Gotham's police-force and LOS), shattered his Armour, etc. Hardy's Bane could actually fight and showed his physicality through fighting, whereas Clooney struggled to replicate such feats while in combat.

With superior durability from what was shown

What?

Bane did NOT feel any pain due to his mask. Clooney does not compare.

Banes tough-thug status strength is not overpowering a superhuman in prime condition.

Yes, it is. He doesn't even have to over-power, just catch him. Which will be much easier than it was for Bale.

Clooney can't move his head, and when dodging 97 Bane had to move his entire body to evade slow punches.

That, and Bane actually has the speed advantage over Clooney - Not only is he more flexible to move, but he can turn his head.

So I'm still waiting on this fact I'm missing....cuz gritty realistic human world isn't beating the campy exaggerated one

It's the one, big flaw in your argument - Clooney did not show impressive combat feats, he was incapable of replicating them in combat. And when he did, it was against canon-fodder.

You bring up the world ''super-human'' but that is simply not true. Bale's Batman, if anything showed superhuman durability and Bane smashed his armor with ease. Clooney's Batman is much easier to tag.

and if you wanna say that Bane is implied to be moving faster due to feats reacting to out-of-shape leg brace batman,

....Who had the advantage of using his EMP gadgets to take out the lights. He was also able to catch post-pit Batman's (basically a prime version) punches.

then I can say that bane tagged robin yet batman no selled everything he could do (save for when he was distracted by ivy), implying far greater speeds given Robin's agility.

If anything, that shows how far you're exaggerating Robin's agility. Robin was not agile in combat, only when he did exaggerated 'kicking' shots. Bane was extremely slow from the video I posted, and there's no way that Batman (Bale) or Hardy would get tagged by such shots (Hardy has morals off, so he won't play around).

And even then, Batman's dodges were slow. Given the fact that he was armor which can't maneuver his head. You've exaggerated this (and other) points significantly.

#48 Edited by silent_bomber (1830 posts) - - Show Bio

It's ridiculous that you're criticizing Hardy's Bane's speed when it won't even matter.

Yup, it won't matter at all, being that Clooney got stomped in the face by someone at least 3 times stronger than Hardy Bane (Freeze was possibly close to even being a 1 tonner) and wasn't even bruised. Bane's strikes will be like those of a child to Clooney.

No, he was near-superhuman. Even Baleman in that movie was.

Comic book Batman can kick through tree trunks and punch through walls, Hardy Bane is a complete joke in comparison to him, if Hardy Bane is even peak human then he's at the low end.

Baleman isn't even remotely Peak human, comic book Punisher would trash him, he's mid street, just with good armour.

An 'out of shape' Batman (Bale) was able to take on various members of the League of Shadows with ease

Cannon fodder.

Are you referring to 97 Bane?

I'd imagine he's referring to the Mr Freeze picture already posted above

Here's another

#49 Edited by Frozen (14334 posts) - - Show Bio

@silent_bomber: I'm going to re-watch Batman 89 to review the Keaton speed feat, but in the meanwhile:

Yup, it won't matter at all, being that Clooney got stomped in the face by someone at least 3 times stronger than Hardy Bane (Freeze was possibly close to even being a 1 tonner) and wasn't even bruised.

He was hit off a ledge. And the fact that Clooney had to be in the position of being directly under Freeze for Freeze to actually get one hit shows how ineffective Freeze was. The push was more of a shove as Freeze was pushing down with force.

Bane's strikes will be like those of a child to Clooney.

Nonsense. I've lost count of how many times I've repeated this, but Bane can use his strength effectively. He can exert his physical prowess upon opponents in a fight. Freeze cannot, he was barely able to even engage Clooney due to how slow he was. The same goes for 97 Bane, both Freeze and 97 Bane were far too slow to actually be effective in a fight. Meanwhile, Hardy's Bane was able to catch punches by Batman, impose his strength and punch/kick.

Comic book Batman can kick through tree trunks and punch through walls

I already know this. But are you referring to Year One? Because if you are, Batman in Year One was able to kick a tree down, but then struggled to beat down a couple of thieves who wanted to steal a T.V.

Hardy Bane is a complete joke in comparison to him

Of course he is in comparison to the Batman of the comics, where did this comparison stem from? Bane in the comic universe was able to trash his version of Batman too.

if Hardy Bane is even peak human then he's at the low end.

If you're comparing Hardy's Bane to the comics........

Baleman isn't even remotely Peak human

Again, are you comparing Batman (Bale) to comic Batman? Batman (Bale) was able to escape and withstand a Nuclear explosion.

comic book Punisher would trash him, he's mid street, just with good armour.

I don't recall comparing Bale's Batman to comic-book Punisher...

Cannon fodder.

Same goes for Clooney supposedly catching and dodging blows ''martial arts'' masters

I'd imagine he's referring to the Mr Freeze picture already posted above

Impressive strength, but he never exerted it so in combat as effectively as Bane did.

Bane (Hardy) would easily be able to catch Clooney (who wore heavier armor, and didn't have the ability to move his head either).

Bale's Batman would curbstomp Clooney's Batman and handle Keaton quite handily.

#50 Edited by Frozen (14334 posts) - - Show Bio

@silent_bomber: Right. I viewed the scene:

Keaton's Batman already knew that Nicholson had the gun a few minutes before. In fact, he disappears and reappears after Keaton shoots another man. He reappears in position to the position (where was before) and has already anticipated that Jack will shoot. A good reaction feat, but not as impressive as Bale's who was able to dodge bullets in the tunnels (which showcased more athletic ability).

Keaton's strength is also very inconsistent, you pointed out his strength but he was incapable of lifting Nicholson from when he was going to fall into the pit of chemicals. Bale, was able to lift Ra's Al Ghul with one arm and use his other arm to grip onto a mountain ledge in Batman Begins. In The Dark Knight, he lifted Gordon's boy (while being weakened by a bullet shot) and clung on for the right amount of time. Also, Keaton was far slower than you'd pointed out - he literally walks in most of his scenes and is extremely immobile.