Random encounter

Both fully powered

Who will fall?

#2 Edited by russellmania77 (15817 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of steel version

#3 Posted by jwalser3 (5279 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod.

#4 Posted by ImNemotheGemini (845 posts) - - Show Bio

Abomination wouldn't be able to react most of the time ! He'd get dragged all across the town.. Kinda like how MoS went lol

#5 Posted by BWANASIMBA (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Abomination wouldn't be able to react most of the time ! He'd get dragged all across the town.. Kinda like how MoS went lol

Exactly.

#6 Edited by The_Titan_Lord (7039 posts) - - Show Bio

#7 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2215 posts) - - Show Bio

Aside from flight speed, there wasn't a lot of hardcore zooming around done in Man of Steel. The speeds that everyone moved at should be slow enough for Abomination to keep up with.

Granted, I think Abomination would lose since Zod's heat vision would do an assload of damage, I don't think this is anything close to a stomp.

#8 Edited by k4tzm4n (34920 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod is absolutely taking this. He's faster and stronger. His very first strike on Kal alone should prove this.

Staff
#9 Posted by ImNemotheGemini (845 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosismad:

That's why I said most of the time ! Of Blonsky gets rocked and sent flying with a mean lick.. Then Zod flys after.. Then he can't react properly ! But if he's at a standing and mobile base.. Then yes.. He can react with Zod ! Neither hulk nor Abomb were fighting in slow motion in IH !

#10 Edited by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod.

#11 Posted by TheDarkDaredevil (554 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod

#12 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

@imnemothegemini said:

Aside from flight speed, there wasn't a lot of hardcore zooming around done in Man of Steel. The speeds that everyone moved at should be slow enough for Abomination to keep up with.

Neither Abomination nor Hulk would be able to react to the combat or movement speed they were showcasing. Faora showcased that the best. Basically gave the Flash a run for his money. The reason it wasn't showcased more was due to the Kryptonians toying with the humans.

Another perfect example is when Clark confronts Zod after they activate the Phantom Zone and he speed-blitzes Clark which sends him flying across that entire crater.

#13 Posted by ImNemotheGemini (845 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget:

He jumped at Clark from a distance of 20 to 40 feet ! A feat movie Wolverine accomplished in X-2 in the forest against no no name fodder mutants ! No one show cased blurring speed ! Of course when Faora is pummeling humans she gonna look beast.. Remember in IH when Blonsky stood face to stomach with Hulk.. Keep in mind Blonsky was a super soldier on par with movie cap at that point.. And Hulk kicked him into a tree before he could react.. Hulk nor Abomination are slow ! But she's to small a target and quick to be tagged easily ! They also don't have (or shown) what it takes to knock any Movie kryptonian out.. And we don't know what it takes to knock Hulk or Abomb out either ! Stalemate !!

#14 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget:

He jumped at Clark from a distance of 20 to 40 feet ! A feat movie Wolverine accomplished in X-2 in the forest against no no name fodder mutants ! No one show cased blurring speed ! Of course when Faora is pummeling humans she gonna look beast.. Remember in IH when Blonsky stood face to stomach with Hulk.. Keep in mind Blonsky was a super soldier on par with movie cap at that point.. And Hulk kicked him into a tree before he could react.. Hulk nor Abomination are slow ! But she's to small a target and quick to be tagged easily ! They also don't have (or shown) what it takes to knock any Movie kryptonian out.. And we don't know what it takes to knock Hulk or Abomb out either ! Stalemate !!

Hulk and Abomination are seemingly fast in comparison to humans, but as opposed to other super powered beings, they are not fast in any sense. Black Widow of all people managed to avoid Hulk, albeit the environment played to her advantage and Thor, who has shown no speed feats whatsoever, was managing to counter Hulk's attacks even when he had no intention of fighting.

I'm not seeing the comparison between Wolverine and Kryptonian speed. Zod managed to speed blitz Clark so fast that he couldn't even interpret what was happening until after it happened. No other Cinematic universe Superhero has replicated that speed. Wolverine on the other hand, had the element of surprise and has no enhanced speed.

#15 Posted by ImNemotheGemini (845 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget:

Both instances were in an enclosed environment ! Hulks fight with Abomb was much more fast paced ! The comparison I made was simplly that closing a small distance quickly isn't that impressive when Wolverine did it in that entire scene.. He took out most of the mutants there before they could even react.. And the ones that did were cut down quickly !

The Kryptonians were fast ! I'm not denying that ! But their not so fast that they make their opponent unable to react ! Lois reacted to Faora ! Jor El told her to move her head and she was puzzled ! Then she saw the hand come through the hologram and moved ! Look at that ! An untrained human reacted to a Kryptonian !

#16 Posted by Nefarious (22898 posts) - - Show Bio

Abomination will kneel before....

#17 Edited by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

Both instances were in an enclosed environment ! Hulks fight with Abomb was much more fast paced ! The comparison I made was simplly that closing a small distance quickly isn't that impressive when Wolverine did it in that entire scene.. He took out most of the mutants there before they could even react.. And the ones that did were cut down quickly !

Enclosed environment? Thor and Hulk fought in a MASSIVE hanger bay and they didn't seem too restricted when they starting ripping through the various levels of the Helicarrier. Which scene are you referring to? The X-Mansion assault? There was no forest scene in X-2? Do you mean X-3: Last Stand?

The Kryptonians were fast ! I'm not denying that ! But their not so fast that they make their opponent unable to react ! Lois reacted to Faora ! Jor El told her to move her head and she was puzzled ! Then she saw the hand come through the hologram and moved ! Look at that ! An untrained human reacted to a Kryptonian !

Lois never fought or did anything in the film. There is no reason to bring her up in any way as a comparison to anything. And if you're referring to the moment on the Kryptonian ship, everyone except Clark was powerless due to the ship replicating the Kryptonian environment and hence the need of the assault suits they used on Earth. Hence why guns were used and not powers such as were seen on Earth.

#18 Posted by ImNemotheGemini (845 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget:

You're right ! X-3 my bad !

Thor and Hulk were brawling like always !

Nope ! Jor-El clearly said he changed the ships atmosphere back to that of earths ! So superman got stronger.. And every Kryptonian on the ship ! How else do you think Faora punched a hole through Lois's escape pod ! No normal person could punch a hole through solid (whatever metal that was) Lois reacted to the punch ! Point ____.

#19 Posted by buttersdaman000 (10500 posts) - - Show Bio

@imnemothegemini:

You just said yourself that Jor-El told Lois to move her head....also, there was clearly no super-speed used because why would Lois Lane be able to react better than dozens of trained soldiers...???

We know for a fact that when they wanted to, kryptonians could outpace fire from fighter jets. There are no such feats for abomination or hulk.

Zod stomps

#20 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope ! Jor-El clearly said he changed the ships atmosphere back to that of earths ! So superman got stronger.. And every Kryptonian on the ship ! How else do you think Faora punched a hole through Lois's escape pod ! No normal person could punch a hole through solid (whatever metal that was) Lois reacted to the punch ! Point ____.

I'll have to watch the film again to confirm that little detail but if I'm correct, the only Kryptonian besides Clark that had full control of his powers was Zod and that wasn't even until the end of the film. Point towards what? Jor-El gave Lois at least five seconds to avoid a predicted attack from a de-powered Kryptonian. It's not a far stretch that she was barely able avoid it. If Faora had full power, she could easily ripped the escape pod back into the ship instead of shooting at it. Superman didn't gain back full strength instantaneously either.

#21 Posted by ImNemotheGemini (845 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget:

Even if she wasn't fully restored.. Faora pulled no punches for no one and used speed in everyone ! I think she was the most happy about being powerful lol ! But Lois didn't move until she saw the punch come through the hologram ! My whole point is that if Lois can react.. Even to Faora at maybe 50%.. Then she's not going to completely outpace people .. Somebody in another thread kept saying shed give a movie flash a run for his money.. I couldn't do anything but laugh ! If the key Superman destroy half the city.. Flash is gonna be running half the speed of light 30 minutes into his first movie.

#22 Posted by ImNemotheGemini (845 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000:

She didn't react until she saw the punch come through the projection ! She was confused as I was when he said (I didn't understand what he said, soundly like he mumbled something about the mob lol) and Faora pulled no punches and used all her speed all the time.. Hence why she punched a hole clean through the escape pod !

#23 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget:

Even if she wasn't fully restored.. Faora pulled no punches for no one and used speed in everyone ! I think she was the most happy about being powerful lol ! But Lois didn't move until she saw the punch come through the hologram ! My whole point is that if Lois can react.. Even to Faora at maybe 50%.. Then she's not going to completely outpace people .. Somebody in another thread kept saying shed give a movie flash a run for his money.. I couldn't do anything but laugh ! If the key Superman destroy half the city.. Flash is gonna be running half the speed of light 30 minutes into his first movie.

How is Faoro not pulling punches going to account for being severely depowered to the point where she still depended on a gun over her powers? Lois was predictably told where the punch was coming from and therefore moved. Not a hard concept to understand. Clearest explanation is PIS as she was crucial to the story. When Faoro clearly had her powers in every other situation - in Smallville and on the transport ship with Clark's ship - not a single person could react to her speed or see her coming if she didn't allow them. Whenever she did slow down, it was merely to toy with the humans.

I'm not seeing the purpose of the Flash comparison here. This has nothing to do with Flash, at all.

#24 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

So, many, SPOILERRRRRRRRRRRS......Anyway Zod will decimate Blonsky with the utmost ease. ... Abominations speed isn't even close to the General's, hes going to get blitzed into the ground. That's one win for Zod. Blonskey cannot fly, another win for Zod.. Blonskey has no projectiles to speak of that will actually hit Zod, thrown cars, rocks and trees can be cut in half with heat-vision or may just break/bend on Zods body with no ill effect, Abomination's own durability is not enough to stop heat-vision from boring through his skull in the first moments of the fight, another win. Blonsky's only powers are super strength and durability (along with some combat skill), Zods are super strength, speed, durability, heat vision, flight and senses (along with some combat skill)...versatility win. Zod can use his super powers along with his super speed and flight at the same time, flying in the air and shooting heat-vision while Blonsky really can't do anything about it but KNEEL, win. physically dominating Blonsky during a speed blitz and using heat vision, win. Simply bfring Blonsky would be easy enough, win. I see no way for Abomination to have even a slight chance...

I'm not seeing the purpose of the Flash comparison here. This has nothing to do with Flash, at all.

I think he's referencing your earlier post....

Basically gave the Flash a run for his money.

He probably misinterpreted it...

#25 Posted by ImNemotheGemini (845 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget:

The flash thing just popped in my head again..

She wasn't that severely handicapped on power ! Faora wasn't using a gun ! The no name fodder were ! Lois escaping the ship was PIS anyway ! As soon as the atmosphere on the ship was altered.. Clark was strong enough to break the bars that were holding him down ! There's also no way to gauge how weak Faora or Clark were in between the time Jor El switched the atmosphere and when Faora punched at Lois ! If they were still weak at all !

Yes Jor El told her which way to move.. But that doesn't mean Lois should possess the reactionary speed to even move once she saw the punch come through the hologram !

#26 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (1871 posts) - - Show Bio

This is not a match. This can't be argued. Zod destroys Abomination!

Too fast, too strong, too much for Abomination to handle!

#27 Posted by Pantherman (250 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosismad: are you dwlusional? Did you not see thw fight scene in kansas how fast that evil chick was dodging clarks super speed attacks. that was close quaters and they were moving at blinding speeds. when they fought in the street the were moving at super speeds the scene where clark is on his back and the crazy chick tried to stomp him, he trip her got up and punched the giant dude into the air in a blink of an eye.

#28 Edited by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

General Zod STOMPS.

Abombination isn't getting one hit in. We're talking movie version.

Damn, all Zod has to do is speed blitz in, slam his right into Abomb's face, send him flying away then while Abomb is getting thrown away, he blasts him with laser eyes.

Abombination is going to kneel.

#29 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget:

The flash thing just popped in my head again..

Ok?

She wasn't that severely handicapped on power ! Faora wasn't using a gun ! The no name fodder were ! Lois escaping the ship was PIS anyway ! As soon as the atmosphere on the ship was altered.. Clark was strong enough to break the bars that were holding him down ! There's also no way to gauge how weak Faora or Clark were in between the time Jor El switched the atmosphere and when Faora punched at Lois ! If they were still weak at all !

I'm going to see the film a second time. I'll come back to this. Considering Clark began to lose his powers the instant they got on the ship after Lois was given the breather, I can assume it would've taken just the same time to regain his full strength. But you said it yourself, Lois survived purely due to PIS and nothing more.

#30 Posted by Hyperlight (6583 posts) - - Show Bio

it wont be a stomp but abomination is at a huge disadvantage since he is grounded. he will hold him back for a lil while but zod will start using his flight and speed

#31 Posted by dondave (38892 posts) - - Show Bio

Abomination Will Kneel Before Zod

#32 Edited by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

No one has posted this

#33 Edited by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

@imnemothegemini: Rewatched the film. We were both wrong in terms of who was attacking Lois. It was not Faora as she went down in the drop-ships with Zod to find Clark's ship. Clark seemed to be the only one who re-gained powers on the ship as Jor-El took over the ship and isolated where the Earth's environment took over. Additionally, the no named Kryptonian that attacked Lois was out-wrestled and knocked backwards by Lois before the drop-ship took off and she took pop-shots at the ship.

To back up my statement, once Clark began to gain his powers back, the Kryptonian scientist who took his blood freaked out and attempted to "lock" Clark out from the ship. If he also had powers, he wouldn't have been afraid.

#34 Edited by The Stegman (25989 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don't see Abomination winning. he got man handled by Hulk fighting on a rooftop, I don't see him taking someone just as strong, if not stronger, than Hulk. Someone who can fly at great speeds and has shown to be fighting at a pace much faster than Hulk was. Hulk threw a punch and made A-Bomb stagger, Zod threw a punch and it sent Superman flying across a city.

#35 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod is stronger, faster, smarter, more durable, and can use ranged attacks, abomination is outclassed here.

#36 Edited by oceanmaster21 (8767 posts) - - Show Bio

zod wins

#37 Edited by Clark_EL (2676 posts) - - Show Bio

@imnemothegemini said:

Granted, I think Abomination would lose since Zod's heat vision would do an assload of damage, I don't think this is anything close to a stomp.

What about Faora against the military?

#38 Edited by russellmania77 (15817 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Edited by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

if blonsky gets a hold of his neck, it's over lol

How so? Disregarding the infinitely superior speed and the superior strength feats, heat vision would easily negate that fact as he cut an entire building in half. Blonsky has no durability feats to defend against that.

#40 Posted by russellmania77 (15817 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Edited by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

just pullin ur chain, I just saw the movie lol

Crazy guy ;)

#42 Posted by Saren (25078 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod punches him out of orbit.

#43 Edited by JediXMan (31289 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod stomps.

They fought throughout the atmosphere. They were tossing satellites at each other. I don't think people care argue that Man of Steel's characters wouldn't crush the vast majority of other comic characters in their respective movie verses any longer. They were fighting on a level unseen in any comic book movie previously.

Consider this: the mass carnage outclassed the damage that the Avengers dealt with. The entire Avengers team had issues with what they had to fight, and this was worse. Think on that.

#44 Posted by JediXMan (31289 posts) - - Show Bio

it wont be a stomp

Yes, it will be. Not really debatable.

#45 Posted by russellmania77 (15817 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Edited by WillPayton (9822 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is anyone debating this? Zod or Faora would murder Abomination in no time.

#47 Posted by russellmania77 (15817 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: or the buff guy who was supposed to be the big guy from the older film

#48 Posted by WillPayton (9822 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by JediXMan (31289 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77 said:

@willpayton: or the buff guy who was supposed to be the big guy from the older film

Absolutely.

When I was watching the movie, I kept thinking, "This guy is a faster, more durable, possibly stronger version of Abomination." Yes, he would crush Abomination, as well.

And, as far as I'm concerned, he's the weakest between himself, Zod, and Faora.

#50 Posted by russellmania77 (15817 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: yet he was not killed or knocked out like those two

#crazy