#1 Edited by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

With MOS in theaters tomorrow (midnight tonight) I wanted to do battle with General Zod before he throws down with Kal on the big screen.

No BFR

No Prep

Morals on

Who wins?

#2 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (16516 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a tricky one but I will go with Zod on this one.

#3 Edited by Pterodactyl (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman can easily beat any GL, even the strongest ones like Hal.

Zod is only a bit weaker than Supes, how powerful Sinestro is compared to someone like Hal varies.

Given it to Zod.

#4 Edited by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro but with high dificutly. The guy is one damn good and skillful lantern. He subjected paralax to his will and has broken a power ring twice. And is a combat genius. It won't be easy but in the end sinestro will win

#5 Edited by Hunter_Zolomon (190 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro is a beast with the ring, however General Zod has the strength to destroy his constructs whatever they may be.

"Morals On" do not really change anything since Zod never showed he had any. I really don't see what Sinestro can do to kill someone who is both superior in strength and strategy and knows no fear.

#6 Posted by dondave (38903 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro

#7 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro is a beast with the ring, however General Zod has the strength to destroy his constructs whatever they may be.

"Morals On" do not really change anything since Zod never showed he had any. I really don't see what Sinestro can do to kill someone who is both superior in strength and strategy and knows no fear.

I know Zod has no morals but I put it there to imply their normal state of morality........ so do you think Zod wins?

This is a tricky one but I will go with Zod on this one.

any reason why?

#8 Posted by WillPayton (9828 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod I guess

#9 Edited by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro but with high dificutly. The guy is one damn good and skillful lantern. He subjected paralax to his will and has broken a power ring twice. And is a combat genius. It won't be easy but in the end sinestro will win

Zod is also a genius tactician and was a general in Krypton and New Krypton, not taking sides here but do you think Sinestro is a better tactician than Zod?

#10 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@theamazingimmortalman:

Well also to be fair I don't know tooo much on zod. But Sinestro has led the sinestro corps and recruited the anti moniter. Most be pretty impressive if he can get anti moniter to do what he wants

#11 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (16516 posts) - - Show Bio

@theamazingimmortalman: Well Zod is a superman but with military experience and training , he could take on Sinestro but it will be a tough to win the fight.

#12 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (3016 posts) - - Show Bio

#13 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

any one else?

#14 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12403 posts) - - Show Bio

The only way I see Sinestro winning is BFR, and you took it away. Zod blitzes him.

#15 Posted by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Sinestro is Parallax so he stomps.

#16 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbuck:

He gave up paralax after the battle.

What the heck, I just read that, I don't know how I missed it. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm still going with Sinestro. Who you got??

#18 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbuck: hahaha. It was a great way to end his epic run. Still say simestromwith great dificulty

#19 Edited by dondave (38903 posts) - - Show Bio

@martyyy15: where was it shown that he gave up parallax? All I remember is him talking to Gantheth and Sayd and then him appearing the future reading the Book of Oa

#20 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave:

Yeah that was inaccurate. BUt he said as soon as I put paralax back after the battle. The whole ganthet thing idk about that lol. I think that was just a nice way to end it more than being perfectly accurate

#21 Posted by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro, he stabs through mongul as if the man is made from cheese

#22 Edited by Hunter_Zolomon (190 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:

Sinestro, he stabs through mongul as if the man is made from cheese

Sinestro did not defeat Mongul in that battle ( he was actually losing pretty badly ). He only made Mongul's 8 rings to override.

Mongul > Sinestro

Superman > Mongul

General Zod = Superman.

Zod wins this pretty easily.

#23 Posted by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Hunter_Zolomon (190 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:

@hunter_zolomon: IIRC the rings can imitate kryptonite radiation

Interesting, I didn't know about that. Do you have any scans to prove this? or the issue where it happend? That might tip the scale in Sinestro's favor.

#25 Edited by dondave (38903 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:

Interesting, I didn't know about that. Do you have any scans to prove this? or the issue where it happend? That might tip the scale in Sinestro's favor.

The last time that happened IIRC was Pre-Crisis

#26 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:
@hunter_zolomon said:
@nerx said:

The last time that happened IIRC was Pre-Crisis

hasn't happened in new52 yet. Pre Crisis it happened when Green Lantern's (imposter Hal) weakness was still the color yellow and Supes beat him with yellow lol.........it also happened pre52 with Kyle Rayner when Martian Manhunter engrained the the thermonuclear physics and compound of K-nite in his brain. So yes GL's can make synthetic K-nite radiation as long as they know the workings, physics, and will power to create it. now the question is with the limited amount of K-nite in the universe do you guys think Sinestro is able to replicate that radiation.

#27 Posted by dondave (38903 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

#

@dondave said:

@theamazingimmortalman: Do you have scans of when this happened?

unfortunately I don't but I do have issue numbers. Imposter Hal occurrence was in DC Comics Present 26 and Kyle did it in Man of Tomorrow #19.

#29 Posted by dondave (38903 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3909 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#32 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro should win.

#33 Posted by oceanmaster21 (8787 posts) - - Show Bio

great fight zod wins after close battle fight

#34 Posted by Dark_Slayor (211 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to ask the same question pterodactyl posed, how does Sinestro and Zod compare to their good counterparts? Superman pretty much beats the best GLs the corps has to offer, and I feel as if Sinestro can't take a convincing majority over any of them(talking about Hal and John in this case). With that said Zod isn't that much weaker than Superman so I think he wins roughly 8.75/10.

Also, does Sinestro have an answer for Zod's speed blitz?

#35 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod does not have morals. Think of Superman without morals, and you have Zod. Who is also a capable h2h fighter.

#36 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

great fight zod wins after close battle fight

thanks

#37 Edited by jonatok19981998 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

@hunter_zolomon: wow wtf mongul had 8 lantern rings. thats 8 times the power you idiot superman has always fought mongul without the rings. if mongul had 8 rings he can beat almost anyone. 1 ring is enough but with 8 sinestro still hurt him. sinestro would be the worlds greatest threat just with 2 rings. oh wait hes already the greatest threat with one because he can control parallax and abuse the power of fear. zod still wins though. jsut hate how everyone says sinestro is weak though mongul had 8 motherfucking rings. arkillo lost because of that reason 2.