• 72 results
#1 Edited by Emp3rorD4v1d (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Battle takes place on a inhabited planet under a blue sun. General zod has been living there adapting to the blue suns solar energy. Which makes him 3x more powerful, grants him new abilities that are unknown. Meanwhile Silver surfer flies by searching for planets that galactus can consume. He sees Zod and threatens him, telling him to leave, zod doesnt like it so he blasts him with heat vision, silver surfer gets mad and they start fighting. Who would win? Do you think one of them will get bested and leave giving the technical win to the other? What do you people see happening?

#2 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie versions - Surfer in a good fight.

Comics - Surfer CURBESTOMPS!

#3 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't even close. SURFER KILLS HIM, BRINGS HIM BACK TO LIFE AND KILLS HIM AGAIN

#4 Posted by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't even close. SURFER KILLS HIM, BRINGS HIM BACK TO LIFE AND KILLS HIM AGAIN

#5 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer

#6 Posted by DeathstrokeFan (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer curbshimwithextracurbonthesidestomps.

#7 Posted by capall2 (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer would handle Zod here...

#8 Posted by Emp3rorD4v1d (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@supernategames: so your saying zod isnt even a match? we wouldnt see any action in it? do you think zod could actually hurt surfer?

#9 Posted by hardcorefakes (691 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you realize what you have done? You have started a chain reaction which cannot be prevented. The Surfer fanboys are going to flock to this thread like flies to a pile of dung, just because they see the words "Silver Surfer".

I weep for humanity.

#10 Edited by dondave (36685 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer

#11 Edited by reikai (4201 posts) - - Show Bio

You know I love how people say Surfer stomps the holy hell out of Zod, and have other people say Zod can beat Thanos, when Thanos forces the Surfer into wearing a french maid outfit and serve him tea at his leisure. (that's a joke, but you get my point)

#12 Posted by homicidalmaniac (7486 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: I'm pretty sure I saw some say that Superman would beat Thanos.

#13 Posted by CaptnMcDeadpool (960 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

You know I love how people say Surfer stomps the holy hell out of Zod, and have other people say Zod can beat Thanos, when Thanos forces the Surfer into wearing a french maid outfit and serve him tea at his leisure. (that's a joke, but you get my point)

I like Surfer, but know next to nothing about Zod. So, folks around here say he can stomp Thanos? If that is the case, he would most certainly beat the Silver Surfer.

Educate me. What are Zod's strengths and weaknesses?

#14 Posted by homicidalmaniac (7486 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by hardcorefakes (691 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

They're fanboys. Simple as that. They can't stand seeing their precious Surfer lose, so they resort to "SURFER TRANSMUTES" and other BS things Surfer rarely has ever done.

#16 Posted by RetardRobot (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this movie Surfer or the comics?
Movie is debatable, comics is a massive stomp in Surfer's favor.

#17 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

@hardcorefakes:

Whatever

Zod is not even as strong as superman pre 52 they jobbed him out way bad, surfer trashes him

#18 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie versions... Zod steals the board and smashes Surfer with it.... If he can't steal the board, though, he has no chance.

Comic versions... Overkill.... Curbstomp... Slaughterhouse... Pwnage... Spite... in SS's favor.

#19 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

SS.

#20 Posted by Straynger (227 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer hangs ten all over Zod.

#21 Posted by reikai (4201 posts) - - Show Bio

@homicidalmaniac: People say a lot of inane things like that.

@captnmcdeadpool: Zod is a Kryptonian, who is essentially a notch below Superman. That's all there is to it.

#22 Edited by GhostRavage (8878 posts) - - Show Bio

I think i can make this easier... Kryptonians can't beat Surfer ever... You need to nerf him to the point of taking out Astral Plane, Cosmic Awareness, Power of Cosmic and Matter manipulation to have a good fight... Surfer is just above Kryptonians tiers by 2 tiers up i believe... Its not always about blitzing and strength... So i can't see why this pointless fights keep coming up from nowhere... Its not about fanboyism but versatility and common sense... Stop the nonsense...

#23 Posted by patrat18 (9615 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by homicidalmaniac (7486 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by 30KRobert (129 posts) - - Show Bio

have i mentioned the surfer is capable of, well, extract POWER FUCKING COSMIC?.. this is a curb stomp for surfer.. about the movies.. they made surfer pretty lame.. but he would still win..

#26 Posted by TJSH96 (837 posts) - - Show Bio

Let General Zod stay in the Sun for a few days and General Zod will obliterate Silver Surfer.

#27 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5825 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

They're fanboys. Simple as that. They can't stand seeing their precious Surfer lose, so they resort to "SURFER TRANSMUTES" and other BS things Surfer rarely has ever done.

lol, have you ever heard of morals? He's been transmuting since his creation and consistent enough to be one of his main powes

http://www.comicvine.com/silver-surfer/4005-2502/ <-- here's the Silver Surfer page to learn more about him.

#28 Posted by oceanmaster21 (7919 posts) - - Show Bio

zod wins

#29 Edited by gav (647 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by XiiX (8093 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod gets handled here more often than not.

#31 Posted by Wardemon32 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by hardcorefakes (691 posts) - - Show Bio

I think i can make this easier... Kryptonians can't beat Surfer ever... You need to nerf him to the point of taking out Astral Plane, Cosmic Awareness, Power of Cosmic and Matter manipulation to have a good fight... Surfer is just above Kryptonians tiers by 2 tiers up i believe... Its not always about blitzing and strength... So i can't see why this pointless fights keep coming up from nowhere... Its not about fanboyism but versatility and common sense... Stop the nonsense...

I was waiting for you to come in this thread. If you have common sense, you would know Surfer's "matter manipulation" is irrelevant, as is his "cosmic awareness", which identified radiation that could harm Gladiator, and he figured out that Hulk was powered by it. Hardly anything exciting.

Surfer isn't beating Supes. Accept it. Blitzing and strength ARE what matters. That's why Flash stomps Surfer, and that's why Supes stomps Surfer. Surfer reaction speed < combat speed. I don't know why Silver Surfer fanboys forget not only that, but that Surfer's combat skills aren't that great. He usually just spams beams, before getting owned by people superior to him (EX. Thor).

#33 Posted by hardcorefakes (691 posts) - - Show Bio

@hardcorefakes said:

@reikai said:

lol, have you ever heard of morals? He's been transmuting since his creation and consistent enough to be one of his main powes

http://www.comicvine.com/silver-surfer/4005-2502/ <-- here's the Silver Surfer page to learn more about him.

Lmao. Show me multiple scans that actually matter. Show me Surfer transmuting somebody that he isn't looking at into a block of cheese. Show me Surfer turning people's eyes into suns. I want to see it. Because Surfer fanboys always babble this from their mouths like inane parrots.

#34 Edited by GhostRavage (8878 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

I was waiting for you to come in this thread. If you have common sense, you would know Surfer's "matter manipulation" is irrelevant, as is his "cosmic awareness", which identified radiation that could harm Gladiator, and he figured out that Hulk was powered by it. Hardly anything exciting.

Surfer isn't beating Supes. Accept it. Blitzing and strength ARE what matters. That's why Flash stomps Surfer, and that's why Supes stomps Surfer. Surfer reaction speed < combat speed. I don't know why Silver Surfer fanboys forget not only that, but that Surfer's combat skills aren't that great. He usually just spams beams, before getting owned by people superior to him (EX. Thor).

Yeah... great argument... because Flash isn't tagged by ANYONE in his issues... Because Superman isn't tagged nor stomped by Grundy or Lobo who doesn't have 1/30 of his speed and strength... Because Superman always speedblitz... FYI in character, Surfer limits himself too much because he suffers of remorse... And in character Superman doesn't speedblitz all the time. So if we're going to use OUT of character scenarios, Surfer its pretty much likely to curbstomp Superman given the fact the vast abilities he has...

Same happens with Flash... He doesn't travel to the past nor speedsteals nor BFR's people to the Speedforce everytime he fights... But here in the vine he's most likely to be unbeatable, but hey, you're not whining about him yet you're whining about Superman... a kryptonian... A race which weakness is SO EASY TO EXPLOIT BY SOMEONE LIKE SURFER...Give me a break... Stop crying for Superman being stomped hardcore style by Surfer when its clearly he outclasses him by a mile.

#35 Posted by homicidalmaniac (7486 posts) - - Show Bio

@hardcorefakes: Sorry.This site already accept that Silver Surfer would beat Superman.

#36 Posted by Sylvain (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

Spite

#37 Edited by CharlieJade (422 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a no-contest

Silver Surfer can create shields, his force fields have stopped tsunamis, blasts from heralds and blasts from power gem Thor but why would a guy like Surfer bother with shields when he can soak hits from Hulk or just phase past attacks like a ghost? Surfer can manipulate space and gravity, Surfer can teleport during combat

Silver Surfer is a high class energy drainer, he has depowered fleets of starships, Surfer can covert bullets to energy and eat them, his body is a cosmic battery and can store energies of the Parallax level beings (non canon) and drain superman style characters, he has drained stars,

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/47437/1010445-1003527_1003356_1002289_theincrediblehulkv22501zi3_super_super_super.jpg

Silver Surfer has higher durability, he has taken solar systems exploding, surfed super nova and laughed off punches to the face from the Thing, She-Hulk etc

Surfer can turn his body to atomic energy, he can open portals, transform his body to ghost by phasing, he can enter microverses, dimension dump people

or move to the astral plane

if he does any of these moves the fight is over and Zod has no way of doing damage to the Silver Surfer

Cosmic Awareness means he will know Zod can be killed by red sun radiation,

maybe even Kryptonite, he has even lobotomized the Jesus version of Cable and Surfer is a high class telepath

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/43640/922394-ss___gladiator_vulnerability.jpg

Surfer has turned a weakned Thanos to stone and blasted him to bits,

he can transmute rocks to gas, transmute ashtrays to gold, transmute other people also or turn them to atoms, deconstruct guns instantly, transmute people's weapons even Elders weapons or Q-bands, Surfer can aerosolize people

Surfer turned Carnage into a frozen statue

freezed Daredevil and Spiderman in cocoon's of solidified ethereal energies

The Silver Surfer can attack on two fronts energy drain or punch or spam blasts in a front attack

and then at the same time telepathically call his board to bullet into people from the side. Surfer is fast enough to multi task in battles and Surfer's board is more or less unbreakbale and can trap people into a compressed flat space dimension. His board can bullet into people faster than light

board

Silver Surfer is multiple times light speed, he is many times FTL his straight line speed feats are crazy, he physically searches the entire Earth, before Dr Strange can finish a sentence

and in close combat has shown a few nano second reaction feats

#38 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Both possessing godly cosmic powers, but my edge goes to Silver Surfer

#39 Posted by Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper (597 posts) - - Show Bio

@charliejade:

That wasn't a weakened Thanos. That was Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet who created a stone representation of himself to taunt Surfer.

And NO, Surfer never turned Thanos into stone.

Out of context scan is out of context.

#40 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2796 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer curb stomps handily

#41 Posted by CaptnMcDeadpool (960 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

@homicidalmaniac: People say a lot of inane things like that.

@captnmcdeadpool: Zod is a Kryptonian, who is essentially a notch below Superman. That's all there is to it.

Then I couldn't imagine how Zod would have a chance.

Surfer for the win.

#42 Edited by CaptnMcDeadpool (960 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

Surfer is fast enough to move from one point in time to the next on sheer speed alone. How is Zod, or Superman for that matter, faster than that? Unless we are talking silver age Superman who could also move from one point in time to the next on sheer speed? Don't get me wrong. You won't find many feats like Superman, or Flash, where Surfer is illustrated pummeling an enemy with a million blows a second or some such. But sometimes, arriving at what a character is fully capable of, you have to read between the lines. For example, if character A is known to have superhuman speed and reflexes, yet we never see character A use them in combat, should we assume that character is incapable of doing it? When a character can move from one point in time to another on sheer speed alone, they are outside our known space time continuum, where concepts like speed and distance become irrelevant, fluidly moving from one point in time to the next. Nevertheless, the Surfer does have a few feats engaging in combat while time is completely stopped (Rune/Silver Surfer), or while travelling from one point in time to the next (Mighty Thor 193). On top of this, the Surfer has shown instantaneous acceleration (FF156). I find it hard to believe Zod could blitz him if he is no faster than Superman. Unless, Zod can move from one point in time to another on sheer speed? Anyone have any thoughts on Zod's speed?

#43 Posted by thanosii (1256 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Edited by Emp3rorD4v1d (109 posts) - - Show Bio

We're talking about zod under a BLUE sun, whick makes him 3x more powerful!!! imagine zod hittinsilver surfer with his heat vision at 3x the power, im pretty sure it would be a pretty close matchg

#45 Posted by Emp3rorD4v1d (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: actually silver surfer is on the same tier thor is, and considering that thor and superman are on the same level that would make zod the same tier that silver surfer is on, especially a zod under a blue sun

#46 Posted by GhostRavage (8878 posts) - - Show Bio

@emp3rord4v1d: Actually... No... Thor might be on the same tier as Superman, but Silver Surfer outclasses them by a mile... Its just too many abilities in 1 guy... Power of Cosmic is above them all...

#47 Edited by Wardemon32 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage:

Superman would pummel Silver Surfer. How is he defeating Superman? All he can do is drain him which isn't going to be so quick since he has so much Solar Radiation stored in him.

#48 Posted by Wardemon32 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by 14NC3 (1753 posts) - - Show Bio

@emp3rord4v1d:

I'm going to say what I said in another superman vs surfer page:

Been done wayyy too many times and surfer takes it pretty easily by using his cosmic awareness or telepathy to know everything about superman then:

• uses energy projection and projects red sun radiation.
  • sucks out the sun energy from superman.
  • uses telepathy to mind rape him.
  • creates kryptonite through matter manipulation (though this one is unlikely).
  • Intangibility.
  • Auguments his power using the power cosmic then plummels him through raw strength, speed and cosmic blasts.
  • Probably more ways...

there is evidence of extreme reaction times and combat speed in @charliejade: 's post. And theres much more, just ask me if you want some....