• 107 results
#1 Edited by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by i_like_swords (17485 posts) - - Show Bio

Grievous gets stomped.

#3 Edited by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Probably... but those lightsabres will cut him down 4/10 times.

#4 Posted by _Cerberus_ (3450 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine wins the majority but does not stomp, Grievous will be doing dozens of combo's on wolvie.

#5 Posted by i_like_swords (17485 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine wins the majority but does not stomp, Grievous will be doing dozens of combo's on wolvie.

You're both slightly misinfomed.....

Adamantium > Lightsaber

Healing Factor > Metal Body

#6 Posted by RogueShadow (11926 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine, Grievous has no realistic kill shot for Wolverine, Unless he could get lightsabers through eyes and keep them there to fry him ad keep going at him, but I don't think Grievous is that good to be honest. Wolverine could just slice and dice Grievous eventually. Wolvie 9/10.

#7 Posted by _Cerberus_ (3450 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenphoenix said:

@_cerberus_ said:

You're both slightly misinfomed.....

Adamantium > Lightsaber

Healing Factor > Metal Body

Light sabers cauterizes wounds reducing healing factor effects significantly Wolverine would be royally screwed even if he got hit once but his healing factor is so powerful I think he can manage out all his wins.

#8 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine is not stomping and frankly he's losing at least a few if not a majority. General Grievous is armed with multiple lightsabers, which Wolverine will not shrug off, and has solid physical stats. To quote Silver:

Pertaining to Grievous' physical stats, the General has very few strength feats, and the few he does have only place him in league with street levelers. He has punched a Neimoidian so hard that he had to clean brain matter of his fist afterwards, for instance. He has also easily thrown Obi-Wan across a hangar pad. I doubt strength would become much of a factor though, because Grievous would be relying on his lightsabers to attack.

In durability, Grievous has tanked explosions before without sustaining any noticeable damage.

In speed, Grievous can fight/react faster than thought, throw twenty collective blows a second with his lightsabers, run so fast that he appears to teleport, generate a residual glow with his lightsabers, and other such related speed feats.

Granted, I wouldn't be surprised if Wolverine has physical stats that can match those, but even so, GG has range and his lightsabers will leave Wolverine injured. And even if a lightsaber blade for whatever reason cannot cut adamantium (which itself is something I highly doubt) GG could still put Wolverine out of commission.

#9 Posted by i_like_swords (17485 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine is not stomping and frankly he's losing at least a few if not a majority. General Grievous is armed with multiple lightsabers, which Wolverine will not shrug off, and has solid physical stats. To quote Silver:

Pertaining to Grievous' physical stats, the General has very few strength feats, and the few he does have only place him in league with street levelers. He has punched a Neimoidian so hard that he had to clean brain matter of his fist afterwards, for instance. He has also easily thrown Obi-Wan across a hangar pad. I doubt strength would become much of a factor though, because Grievous would be relying on his lightsabers to attack.

In durability, Grievous has tanked explosions before without sustaining any noticeable damage.

In speed, Grievous can fight/react faster than thought, throw twenty collective blows a second with his lightsabers, run so fast that he appears to teleport, generate a residual glow with his lightsabers, and other such related speed feats.

Granted, I wouldn't be surprised if Wolverine has physical stats that can match those, but even so, GG has range and his lightsabers will leave Wolverine injured. And even if a lightsaber blade for whatever reason cannot cut adamantium (which itself is something I highly doubt) GG could still put Wolverine out of commission.

I'd love to see those scans. If they're true I'm impressed..

#10 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Alas, I have no scans to give. I'm pretty sure most of them are from novels. But it's Silver's word, and I trust it, so...

#11 Posted by tparks (5399 posts) - - Show Bio

I predict grievous would start spinning his 4 light sabers like he did against Obi Wan. Wolverine will see this, but he has such a high pain tolerance and knows that the light sabers can't really do significant damage, will charge straight through the light sabers and pierce his claws through Grievous ending the fight very quickly. Wolverine will take damage from the light sabers, but nothing he isn't used to.

#12 Posted by RogueShadow (11926 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenphoenix: Is this a random encounter, or do they have knowledge of the other? Grievous is a brilliant tactician after all, if he had prep, or even just knowledge of Wolverine's abilities, powers and traits, this could massively skew the figures.

@tparks said:

I predict grievous would start spinning his 4 light sabers like he did against Obi Wan. Wolverine will see this, but he has such a high pain tolerance and knows that the light sabers can't really do significant damage, will charge straight through the light sabers and pierce his claws through Grievous ending the fight very quickly. Wolverine will take damage from the light sabers, but nothing he isn't used to.

I can definitely see this happening.

#13 Posted by Herald417 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

Lightsabers can't cut through adamantium. Admantium >beskar which lightsabers aren't able to cut through.

Grevious can't take wolverine down the damage that wolverine takes from the lightsabers he will easily heal from and his armor is made from duranium which could most likely be cut by adamantium if not is organs can be exposed. Wolverine 10/10

#14 Posted by SlimJ87D (10745 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Grievous, if this was to the death than Wolverine, but it is not. Grievous with the lightsabers at peak conditions wins. When he fought Obi-Wan he was damaged from his fight with Windu.

Grievous has the stat advantage, he has 4 lightsabers and it doesn't matter if Adamantium doesn't get cut by a lightsaber, it'll still strike against it like any other metal that lightsabers don't cut against.

#15 Posted by Visemoon (463 posts) - - Show Bio

2nd That

#16 Posted by russellmania77 (15821 posts) - - Show Bio

ITS A TRAP!

#17 Posted by handsome_stud (272 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont understand why people say Jedis / Sith can take out powerful characters like IronMan or Magneto and then say Grevous cant take Wolverine...

Given, Grevous aint a jedi but he has killed them and has gone toe to toe with obi..

what gives?

#18 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont understand why people say Jedis / Sith can take out powerful characters like IronMan or Magneto and then say Grevous cant take Wolverine...

Given, Grevous aint a jedi but he has killed them and has gone toe to toe with obi..

what gives?

I don't know of any Jedi that can take out Magneto...

#19 Edited by DarkRaiden (8242 posts) - - Show Bio

Grievous should stomp. 20 Strikes per second, plus lightsabers = win. Plus I'm of opinion that lightsabers would cut Adamantium.

#21 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26896 posts) - - Show Bio

Grevious should win here he is faster then Wolverine by a decent margin. And even if can't cut through Adamantium (which it can't) he could still do damage to Wolverines flesh.

#22 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

It could go either way but Grievous is one tough customer.

#23 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26896 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: I have the quotes for most of those things, but I'm on my android now and I'm definitly not posting them on it (takes wayyyyyy to long) I will post them tomorrow though.

#24 Posted by i_like_swords (17485 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: I have the quotes for most of those things, but I'm on my android now and I'm definitly not posting them on it (takes wayyyyyy to long) I will post them tomorrow though.

Sweet.

#25 Edited by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

@handsome_stud said:

what gives?

Are we talking about movie versions or EU versions? People frequently fail to make the distinction and because of this they believe that Star Wars characters are as weak as their movie versions. In the books top tier Jedi/Sith would shitstomp Iron Man and Magneto. And they'd probably stomp all the X-Men too. Not even characters like Superman and WonderWoman could beat top tier Jedi/Sith.

#26 Edited by Black_Arrow (3968 posts) - - Show Bio

Grevious in his best in EU destroys wolverine, Grevious in the movies lose

#27 Posted by God_Spawn (38317 posts) - - Show Bio

Grievous.

#28 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenphoenix said:

@handsome_stud said:

what gives?

Are we talking about movie versions or EU versions? People frequently fail to make the distinction and because of this they believe that Star Wars characters are as weak as their movie versions. In the books top tier Jedi/Sith would shitstomp Iron Man and Magneto. And they'd probably stomp all the X-Men too. Not even characters like Superman and WonderWoman could beat top tier Jedi/Sith.

So top tier EU jedi > top tier MCU characters in terms of raw power? I'm asking bc I haven't read too many Star Wars books..

#29 Edited by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

I know it is from the cram in as much action as possible Clone Wars tv show (which was awesome) but this is a much closer gauge to Grievous strength than the live action movies.

I don't see Wolvie landing hits on Grievous who is very agile and a master fighter. Grievous should win by incapacitating him by the sheer damage he is going to deliver with his Lightsabers.

If this is movie Grievous then Wolverine most likely would win but again who is to say Grievous is not going to run away.

If this is cgi clone wars version (which is idiotically underpowered and made out to be a weakling) Jubilee beats him (HELL FREAKEN JAR JAR DID).

but heck I may be biased I always loved Grievous

@god_spawn: Just to put this into perspective Darth Nihilus was able to consume entire planets and he isn't even top 3 most powerful Sith

EU Luke is pretty much a God

#30 Posted by Web_Flotsam (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

what gives?

Simple, he doesn't use the force.

#31 Posted by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

@uberhikari said:

@frozenphoenix said:

@handsome_stud said:

what gives?

So top tier EU jedi > top tier MCU characters in terms of raw power? I'm asking bc I haven't read too many Star Wars books..

It depends on what you mean by top tier MCU characters. In terms of raw power, though, I'm inclined to say no. Jedi/Sith don't really have planet busting raw power but they have a wide versatility of powers ranging from Force Storms that can shatter space and time; to intergalactic telepathy; to draining life energy; to all sorts of exotic precognition (in both the long and short term); to soul manipulation powers; to ridiculous TK. For example, Darth Sidious has better TP than Silver Surfer; hell he might even give MMH some trouble in a TP battle. Somebody already mentioned that Darth Nihilus could drain the force from entire planets. Mace Windu could use an ability called shatterpoint. And Luke Skywalker had FTL and nanosecond+ combat/reaction speed and had TK strong enough to move around spaceships.

#32 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

@uberhikari:

I wouldn't say FTL...

Doesn't FTL = wormhole creation in the SW universe?

Yes, for star ships that travel via hyperspace.

@uberhikari:

I wouldn't say FTL...

With force-enhanced precog, yes. There were a couple of times when Luke was fired at with turbolasers and used force-enhanced precog to react and re-direct the blast. As far as I know, however, Luke is the fastest person in the EU. Sidious, for example, was only near relativistic+ or relativistic+.

#35 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by God_Spawn (38317 posts) - - Show Bio

@vercingetorixthegreat: why are you replying to me? I'm not trying to sound hostile I'm just curious when I said the general wins in the first place.

#37 Posted by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

@uberhikari:

Didn't sidious speedblitz luke?

Yes, but Luke became much, much stronger after his fight with Sidious. There have to be at least 30+ novels after Return of the Jedi.

#38 Edited by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

@uberhikari: Mandalorian Armor Luke was pretty amazing already! But this thread isn't about Luke.

#39 Edited by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

@uberhikari: Mandalorian Armor Luke was pretty amazing already! But this thread isn't about Luke.

True, lol. Grievous is nowhere near Luke.

#40 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: I know you weren't hostile you asked about top tier EU characters and I was just telling you.

#41 Edited by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie Grevious would lose terribly, but the Clone Wars cartoon version would absolutely wreck Logan. Trying to make sense of something that does not make sense, Mace did crush Grevious' lungs and maybe that is why he was so clunky and clumsy in the live action movies. I don't think that much thought was put into it nor that Grevious was originally meant to be as awesome as he was in the cartoon. So maybe its safer to say pre Lung crushed Grev would wreck Logan 10x over and post Lung Crush would get wrecked by Logan 10x over.

#42 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#43 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (26896 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: As promised here are the quotes:

Grievous moved so swiftly that he seemed to teleport from the window to half a meter in front of Gunray.

--Taken from Revenge of the Sith

He is built to dominate. The ceramic armorplast plates protecting limbs and torso and face can stop a burst from a starfighter laser cannon. Those indestructible arms are ten time stronger then a human,and move with blurring speed of electronic reflexes

-Taken from Revenge Of The Sith

The electrodrivers that powered Grievous's limbs could move faster then the human eye can see; when he swung his arm, it and his fist and his lightsber vanished: wiped from existence by sheer mind-numbing speed, an imitation quantum event

The electrodrivers powering Grievous's mechanical arms let each of the four attack thrice in a single second;integrated by combat agorithms in the bio-droid's electronic network of peripheral processors each of the each of the twelve strikes persecond are from different angle with different speed and intensity ,and unpredictibly broken rhythm of slashes, chops, and stabs of which every single one could take Obi Wan's life

Grievous, snarling fury, ramped up the intensity and velocity of his attacks-- sixteen per second, eighteen -- until finally at twenty strikes per second he overloaded Obi-Wans defenses

Grievous stayed right with him , attacking before Obi-Wan could even realize exactly what was happening ,attacking faster than thought--

Grievous, snarling fury, ramped up the intensity and velocity of his attacks—sixteen per second, eighteen—until finally, at twenty strikes per second, he overloaded Obi-Wan's defense.

--Taken from Revenge of the Sith

#44 Posted by i_like_swords (17485 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: Jeeez. I really want to pick up that novel now. That's impressive

In terms of the fight, I'd say Grievous 7/10 after everything I've heard about him up until now. He'd be too fast for Wolvey.

#45 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by God_Spawn (38317 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26896 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by Picard (997 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine FTW. If Obi-Wan can beat him why not Wolverine who have much better feats that Obi?

#50 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

@picard said:

Wolverine FTW. If Obi-Wan can beat him why not Wolverine who have much better feats that Obi?

Wolverine doesn't carry a lightsabre...