#1 Posted by Fetts (4367 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: No prep. Morals off 
Round 2: Spidey is bloodlusted 

vs 
#2 Posted by Amazingoctus (3121 posts) - - Show Bio

What Version(s) of Grievous? The origional clone wars version could beat Spiderman both rounds. Movie Grievous will have some trouble but would still win. I suppose I need to ask this too, what version(s) of Spiderman? movie version couldn't beat any form of Grievous, comic version could probably beat movie Grievous.
#3 Posted by Fetts (4367 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amazingoctus said:
What Version(s) of Grievous? The origional clone wars version could beat Spiderman both rounds. Movie Grievous will have some trouble but would still win. I suppose I need to ask this too, what version(s) of Spiderman? movie version couldn't beat any form of Grievous, comic version could probably beat movie Grievous.
Uuummm... to me it's all Grievous and all Spiderman so any version you want I guess.
#4 Edited by Nefarious (18400 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling that the Gen wins here. But, Spidey does have the speed to avoid his lightsaber attacks.

#5 Posted by Amazingoctus (3121 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts: Well then I declare spite because I'm using movie Spidey and Clone Wars Grievous! I like Grievous more. Spiderman is lame in my opinion. Webs aren't cool.
#6 Posted by sithfrog (909 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough call on this...I think Spidey's speed and agility are giving him a slight advantage.  After all, it would be similar (not exactly the same) as fighting Doc Ock.  If we're talking Peter before he lost his spider-sense even more so, now that he's without Grievous could get lucky with a blaster shot.  Iron Spider armor or symbiote Spidey gives him more of an edge too.  I like the General, but my gut says Spidey beats him more times than not.
#7 Posted by Owie (3570 posts) - - Show Bio

If we go with EU Grievous and standard comics Spidey (with spidey sense and spidey fu), this is a pretty close battle. I think they're pretty close on speed. Spidey may have an advantage on agility. His spider-sense will help him quite a bit. Grievous is more skilled, and his lightsabers are very dangerous weapons that could put him in shock with a slight touch, and could easily kill with a good blow. The fact that there are 4 of them makes it very hard for Spidey to get close enough to attack back--Spidey's reach is way shorter than Grievous' when Grievous has the lightsabers. Spidey's webs would probably be fairly effective if he manages to actually web up Grievous' arms, since I don't think (although I could be wrong) that Grievous is strong enough to break them--I think it takes about 10 ton strength to do that. Of course, managing to web up his arms is the tough part, since Grievous could melt through the webs if any of his arms/lightsabers remain free. Other than the webs, Spider-Man's main offensive move is just hitting Grievous with punches and kicks; I don't know if Grievous has ever taken hits from a 10-ton punch or kick before, but I expect that repeated blows would be enough to take him out eventually.

I think I give Grievous the teeniest of edges due to his greater reach and more dangerous weapons, which also allow him a measure of extra defense. His greatest difficulty will be overcoming Spider-Man's spidey sense. Maybe 5.5/10 for Grievous.

#8 Posted by NeonGameWave (7686 posts) - - Show Bio

It could go either way.

#9 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Grievous. Spidey has no way to really reach him and Webs are useless when they burn right off the Light Sabers

#10 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

EU Grievous stomps all Spider-Men.

Movie Grievous vs Comic Spider-Man = Spider-Man win

Movie Grievous vs Andrew Garfield Spider-Man = Grievous

Movie Grievous vs Tobey Macguire Spider-Man = Grievous

#11 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (22938 posts) - - Show Bio

Greivous stomps, he is faster more durable and has something pete can't defend against,a lightsaber.

#12 Posted by Magethor (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

If Grievous wins, it would be by PIS.

#13 Posted by Thanofleeze (2395 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey gets cut up bad :(

#14 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

Grievous stomps, mismatch

#15 Edited by Edude117 (349 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Greivous stomps, he is faster more durable and has something pete can't defend against,a lightsaber.

Maybe not faster, but most certainly stronger and more durable.

The only way Spiderman wins this is if he somehow get's those lightsabers out of Grievous' hands which he could. It's not too likely, though. He could also spray him with webs 'till Grievous can't even move, but if Grievous has his lightsabers, he'd just cut through the web like butter. Grievous wins this 9/10 times.

#16 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (22938 posts) - - Show Bio

@edude117: Grevious speed far surpasses anything I've seen from peter TBF.

#17 Posted by oceanmaster21 (7655 posts) - - Show Bio

Grievous has to much going for him so sorry but peter going down

#18 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@fetts: that's my favorite picture of Grievous. He looks so BA in it. @magethor: why is that? Mostly everyone else is disagreeing with you.

As for the battle:

#11 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (16866 posts) - 10 months, 12 days ago - Show Bio

#19 Posted by Strider92 (16042 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by NICK31898 (2086 posts) - - Show Bio

@fetts: that's my favorite picture of Grievous. He looks so BA in it. @magethor: why is that? Mostly everyone else is disagreeing with you.

As for the battle:

#11 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (16866 posts) - 10 months, 12 days ago - Show Bio

Faster? More durable? Ha! Look I'm not saying spidey stomps, but he wins. Spidey is indeed faster, MUCH stronger, and he has dodged things much faster than light saber swings.(Automatic bullets). Whats grievous going to when his head is being crushed with a 15 ton pressure force? Plus, spidey is Blood lusted, poor grievous.

#21 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: mobile right now but i can copy and paste a video from the original clone wars series of grievous fighting 6 Jedi if i counted correctly. Two of them being renowned powerful Jedi, Ki Adi Mundi and Shaak Ti.

Here's the video:

Mobile Version:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WIj7gIDFDe4&app=m

Desktop version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIj7gIDFDe4

#22 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by NICK31898 (2086 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick31898: wait... Are you calling me out for copying @dccomicsrule2011: ? Or are you calling him out? Or both?

I'm calling out whoever said that grievous is faster and more durable, which is definitely not true.

#24 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (22938 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathstroke19: can you provide some speed feats for Grevious?

Here you go buddy:

Feats for the Grievous

He is built to dominate. The ceramic armorplast plates protecting limbs and torso and face can stop a burst from a starfighter laser cannon.those indestructible arms are ten time stronger then a human,and move with blurring speed of electronic reflexes

-Taken from Revenge Of The Sith

The electrodrivers that powered Grievous's limbs could move faster then the human eye can see; when he swung his arm, it and his fist and his lightsber vanished: wiped from existence by sheer mind-numbing speed speed, an imitation quantum event

The electrodrivers powering Grievous's mechanical arms let each of the four attack thrice in a single second;integrated by combat agorithms in the bio-droid's electronic network of peripheral processors each of the each of the twelve strikes persecond are from different angle with different speed and intensity ,and unpredictibly broken rhythm of slashes, chops, and stabs of which every single one could take Obi Wan's life

Grievous, snarling fury, ramped up the intensity and velocity of his attacks-- sixteen per second, eighteen -- until finally at twenty strikes per second he overloaded Obi-Wans defenses

Grievous stayed right with him , attacking before Obi-Wan could even realize exactly what was happening ,attacking faster than thought--

I could find more but these are the ones i have on me at the time.

#25 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: lol thanks for those. I'm mobile so i could only copy and paste that video.

#26 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (22938 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick31898 said:

@deathstroke19 said:

@nick31898: wait... Are you calling me out for copying @dccomicsrule2011: ? Or are you calling him out? Or both?

I'm calling out whoever said that grievous is faster and more durable, which is definitely not true.

Grievous is faster and more durable then Spider-Man he can tank a shot from a star fighter laser canon:

He is built to dominate. The ceramic armorplast plates protecting limbs and torso and face can stop a burst from a starfighter laser cannon. Those indestructible arms are ten time stronger then a human,and move with blurring speed of electronic reflexes

That alone proves he's more durable then Peter is.

And for speed has has overwhelmed the defenses of even Obi-Wan, who has deflected blaster bolt from an entire army of droids:

Grievous, snarling fury, ramped up the intensity and velocity of his attacks-- sixteen per second, eighteen -- until finally at twenty strikes per second he overloaded Obi-Wans defenses

An instant later the Force had him hurtling through a storm of blasterfire as every combat droid in the control center opened up on him at once. Letting go of intention, letting go of desire, letting go of life, Obi-Wan fixed his entire attention on a thread of the Force that pulled him toward Grievous: not where Grievous was, but where Grievous would be when Obi-Wan got there...

Leaping girder to girder, slashing cables on which to swing through swarms of ricocheting particle beams, blade flickering so fast it became a deflector shield that splattered blaster bolts in all directions, his presence alone became a weapon: as he spun and whirled through the control center's superstructure, the blasts of particle cannons from power droids destroyed equipment and shattered girders and unleashed a torrent of red-hot debris that crashed to the deck, crushing droids on all sides.

--Taken from Revenge of the Sith

Throws invisibly fast blows:

The electrodrivers that powered Grievous's limbs could move faster then the human eye can see; when he swung his arm, it and his fist and his lightsber vanished: wiped from existence by sheer mind-numbing speed speed, an imitation quantum event

Grevious is faster and more durable then Spidey is IMO.

#27 Edited by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

spidey...my fan hood prevents me from picking against him lol

#28 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

Rd 1: Grievous

Rd 2: Spidey

#29 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: didnt realize it at the time but Aayla Secura is in that battle as well. So it shows his great speed (his Lightsabers became a a total circle around him and taking on all those Jedi showed him moving extremely fast) agility (leaping around like a grasshopper when he first engages the Jedi and then with him using one of his feet he shows it as well) and skill (taking on 3 extremely powerful Jedi as stated above and 3 other notables).