#1 Edited by jumpstart55 (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

VS 

#2 Edited by jumpstart55 (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

Roound One: Movie versions. Starting distance 1 foot.

Round Two: GG in his prime(EU) vs Iron-man. Starting distance 2 feet.

#3 Posted by Fetts (4081 posts) - - Show Bio

Round One: Grievous easily. 

Round Two: Depends on the starting distance and location.

#4 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6083 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Iron Man.

Round 2: Iron man.

#5 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@jumpstart55: Round 1: Iron Man

Round 2: Grievous

#6 Posted by ShootingNova (13028 posts) - - Show Bio

What's the starting distance in round 2?

#7 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (21276 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Iron Man

Round 2: Grievous, he has thrown 22 blows in a second and that is not even his limit his Saber would do serious damage to Tony's suit

Grievous, snarling fury, ramped up the intensity and velocity of his attacks—sixteen per second, eighteen—until finally, at twenty strikes per second, he overloaded Obi-Wan's defense.

--Taken From Revenge Of The Sith

#8 Posted by reikai (3415 posts) - - Show Bio

Unibeam. Game Over.

#9 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

Grievous cuts down Iron Man before he can get put of the way in both rounds. Iron Man could probably win if there was a larger starting distance though.

#10 Posted by reikai (3415 posts) - - Show Bio

Whiplash's energy whips were ripping vehicles in half. Couldn't cut through more than the outer layer of Tony's armor. Lightsabers won't do much better. Tony can also fly off at super-sonic speed. Grievous can't keep up, nor can he fly. He's little more than a sitting spider waiting for Tony to rain him down the drain with repulsor blasts and mini-rockets.

And btw, Grievous has to build momentum to move his arms faster for those attacks. He doesn't start that way. At the start distance, the first thing that happens is Tony punches Grievous so hard he goes flying some 20-30ft away, and then Tony pounds him with rockets.

#11 Posted by Bo88gdan (4374 posts) - - Show Bio

iron man both rounds

#12 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man

Grievous

#13 Edited by DarkScarecrow (352 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man.

#14 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

Whiplash's energy whips were ripping vehicles in half. Couldn't cut through more than the outer layer of Tony's armor. Lightsabers won't do much better. Tony can also fly off at super-sonic speed. Grievous can't keep up, nor can he fly. He's little more than a sitting spider waiting for Tony to rain him down the drain with repulsor blasts and mini-rockets. And btw, Grievous has to build momentum to move his arms faster for those attacks. He doesn't start that way. At the start distance, the first thing that happens is Tony punches Grievous so hard he goes flying some 20-30ft away, and then Tony pounds him with rockets.

Lightsabers have cut through much tougher things than cars - blast doors for instance. For both rounds all Grievous has to do is ignite a lightsaber and hold out his arm.

#15 Posted by NeonGameWave (7205 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man both Rounds.

#16 Posted by reikai (3415 posts) - - Show Bio
@guttridgeb said:

Lightsabers have cut through much tougher things than cars - blast doors for instance. For both rounds all Grievous has to do is ignite a lightsaber and hold out his arm.

However, much of the materials in SW are notoriously vulnerable to heat. Lightsabers are little more than plasma torches contained within an electromagnetic field. As such they have temps exceeding 1500c to perhaps as high as 3000c. Durasteel has proven time and again to hold up about as good as wax against a cutting torch. So don't take too much stock in lightsabers cutting blast doors made of a material that apparently has a fairly low melting point.

As such, other materials in SW that aren't as durable, are utterly resistant to lightsabers like prikite (aka phrik) and Mandalorian Iron. The chitinous orbalisks are also impervious to lightsabers and any alchemic/magic weapon (like a Sith Sword) is also capable of blocking and deflecting lightsabers rather easily.
#17 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: Well put :)

However, I don't think that's not solid enough evidence to confirm that lightsabers cannot cut through Iron Man's armour. I have no doubt that a lightsaber could cut through a car making it equal to or greater than Whiplash's whips in terms of cutting power. I don't see a way of proving that the armour can or cannot be cut so I'll say that the outcome of the battle entirely depends on it.

#18 Posted by reikai (3415 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh I'm not saying Tony's armor can't be cut, but it wouldn't be easy for Grievous to get through it. And it would require grievous to be able to get his attacks off first before Tony knocks him away and then just blasts him from the air where Grievous can't reach.

The whole matchup was supposed to be a spite thread far as I can see, putting Grievous against essentially the weakest form of Iron-Man to date. Still, Tony did take a shot from Thor in Avengers when Thor grabbed Loki.

#19 Posted by heroesgold (598 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Round 2: Grievous, he has thrown 22 blows in a second and that is not even his limit his Saber would do serious damage to Tony's suit

Grievous, snarling fury, ramped up the intensity and velocity of his attacks—sixteen per second, eighteen—until finally, at twenty strikes per second, he overloaded Obi-Wan's defense.

--Taken From Revenge Of The Sith

#20 Posted by xlab3000 (2769 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 2: Grievous stomps

#21 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2519 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

Round 1: Iron Man.

Round 2: Iron man.

This

#22 Posted by Obtrusive (1628 posts) - - Show Bio

Can repulser blasts be deflected with a light saber?

#23 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bo88gdan said:

iron man both rounds

No contest,

#24 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (21276 posts) - - Show Bio
@reikai: However, much of the materials in SW are notoriously vulnerable to heat. Lightsabers are little more than plasma torches contained within an electromagnetic field. As such they have temps exceeding 1500c to perhaps as high as 3000c.

A Lightsaber heat is one of it's functions it does not cut with heat only.

So don't take too much stock in lightsabers cutting blast doors made of a material that apparently has a fairly low melting point.

This does not even matter because a Lightsaber does not need heat to cut it's just one of it's outputs, in fact a lightsaber does not even get hot until it touches solid matter but that does not stop it from deflecting blaster bolts,laser canons from Star Fighters and AT-AT chain laser, none of which is matter.

#25 Posted by Hyperlight (4314 posts) - - Show Bio

im leaning toward grevious in round one

round tw ges to iron man

#26 Posted by Jokerpoker (2159 posts) - - Show Bio

Grievous just slices Stark with his light saber each round, because they start wicked close.

#27 Posted by Jslayer11 (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Grevious wins both. The distance is what kills ironman as soon as it starts Grevious just reaches with his sabers and kille mr stark

#28 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (21276 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron-Man stomps both rounds.

#29 Posted by Juiceboks (5930 posts) - - Show Bio

Funny how our opinions can change so drastically with only a year's worth of experience :P

#30 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (21276 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Funny how our opinions can change so drastically with only a year's worth of experience :P

Ha! It really is. I always find it funny when I stumble across nonsense I posted a long time ago....It makes we want to crown myself. ^__^

#31 Posted by dondave (26587 posts) - - Show Bio

Edward

#32 Posted by Juiceboks (5930 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Ha! It really is. I always find it funny when I stumble across nonsense I posted a long time ago....It makes we want to crown myself. ^__^

I always kinda sink in shame whenever I see some of the things I said 8 months ago..especially on certain SW threads.

#33 Posted by ShootingNova (13028 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man stomps round 1, Iron Man stomps round 2. Terrible mismatch.