Dom, Marcus, Cole, Clayton Carmine

1.Green Arrow

2. Hawkeye and Widow

3. Batman and Nightwing

4. Captain America

5. Deadpool

6. A Blind Hulk

Gears all get lancers with a chainsaw

Dom gets Torque Bow, Cole Get Gnasher Shotgun, Marcus gets sniper, and Clayton gets Boomshot

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Didn't Dom die in Gears 3?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's Delta Squad.. and you can't have Delta Squad without Baird.

But yeah.. I don't know how they stack up to comic street levellers. By our standards Gears are definitely super-soldiers but they're not flipping through the air dodging bullets and what not. I'll say they can be stopped by Ollie but it's quite possible they could defeat him, but they should lose to Hawkeye and Widow.

dodirty31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@i_like_swords: I'm not sure if they are super soldier but they do have heavy artillery like the Boomshot and the Torque bow.

@mrtummytumms:yea he sacrificed himself to save the group. Very good story.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dodirty: They are definitely not realistic humans considering the threats they go up against...

dodirty31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: I don't know my lil cousin played and they looked pretty realistic LOLOLOLOLOL

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't think they can clear. But I'm honestly not sure how far they go. I'll say stops at 2-4.

They have a much higher damage output then generally 1-4, superior strength to 1-3 and 5.

Not a gears player though. If anyone wants to rep them, they should. Would like to see what they can do.

Jtindall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They lose first round

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lose first or second round.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By our standards Gears are definitely super-soldiers.

I wouldn't even stretch it that far. Nothing they did was particularly superhuman aside from their physical build, from what I know.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thedailybagel  Moderator

I'm not sure what the point is in having hulk in the gauntlet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

By our standards Gears are definitely super-soldiers.

I wouldn't even stretch it that far. Nothing they did was particularly superhuman aside from their physical build, from what I know.

Stick any four humans on earth today in front of the threats the Gears' face throughout the games with the same equipment and they die. Without a doubt.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stick any four humans on earth today in front of the threats the Gears' face throughout the games with the same equipment and they die. Without a doubt.

"Any four humans", sure. We lack Gears technology and knowledgebase on these aliens. But with those in hand, I'm pretty confident a four man Special Forces squad could replicate most of their feats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Are you familiar with the Gears campaign mode? It'd make this discussion easier if you were. Well, you called the Locust aliens so I'm guessing you're not. In that case I'd recommend watching a walkthrough if you aren't convinced of how insane the campaign missions are relative to what any human on this earth is capable of.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

Every campaign besides Judgement.

So you honestly think 5 humans with ground infantry firearms can take down a Brumak supported by locust infantry?

Or how about the Mother Corpser and her entire brood?...

Loading Video...

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1 or 2.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it's that likely that they get to Bruce and Dick, but if they do then the Gears team goes down hard.

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MonsterStomp

@i_like_swords: 95% of the enemies in Gears of War are put down by spraying several bullets into them. There's nothing really superhuman about shooting something. So I'd say its quite arguable, but they'd need knowledge or probably better tech like the Gears had. In the case of the Brumak, all they did was shoot, evade/cover, shoot, evade/cover (pretty much how every boss is put down). Sure they're quite superior threats than anyone in real life has faced, but why couldn't the tactics be applied the same way?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp:

95% of the enemies in Gears of War are put down by spraying several bullets into them.

That's... not true. A regular locust drone requires something between 20-60 bullets of a lancer to put them down as per the novels, unless you're landing headshots. And that's not even accounting for the larger 8 foot bullet sponge locust like the Boomers who will eat about a dozen bullets to the head before dropping, to say nothing of their body, and they will come at you in groups of 3-5 consistently, while supported by anything between 6-20 regular locust. If you think four regular human beings have the nerve, endurance, speed, accuracy, and so on, to consistently face squads of opponents like that, well... not much convincing can be done on my end. And that's just scratching the surface of what they face, by the way.

There's nothing really superhuman about shooting something. So I'd say its quite arguable, but they'd need knowledge or probably better tech like the Gears had.

I'm confused; you claim it's as simple as "shooting something" yet real life human beings require extra knowledge? To just shoot things? Their tech obviously would require an upgrade but I doubt that'd bridge the gap in terms of threat level.

In the case of the Brumak, all they did was shoot, evade/cover, shoot, evade/cover (pretty much how every boss is put down). Sure they're quite superior threats than anyone in real life has faced, but why couldn't the tactics be applied the same way?

Setting aside the fact the Brumak was advancing on them with two massive, automatic chain guns, and could only be put down by precisely targeting those chain guns and then it's head? Yeah, nah, sorry, at this stage in our evolution we don't have the nerve or the accuracy to face down a threat like that in a random encounter with assault rifles and put it down before catching a bullet from one of it's chain guns or just getting stomped on once it gets close enough.

If you still aren't convinced this should more than do it for you:

Loading Video...

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

If you think four regular human beings have the nerve, endurance, speed, accuracy, and so on, to consistently face squads of opponents like that, well... not much convincing can be done on my end. And that's just scratching the surface of what they face, by the way.

I think you're underrating what the special forces are capable of, so allow me to link you to a few video documentaries:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7n9O8z72m4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY08ZXSO1CI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC7OVRTihV8

So when you say "regular human beings", just be mindful that these guys go through the toughest training known to man. The failure rate for training in some of the most elite programs is surely in the 90%. Hell, you could probably Google soldiers who've died in the mere training stages because they simply aren't adequate. @granitesoldier probably knows more about what a special force unit is actually capable of (since I'd probably use Call of Duty as a reference point), but they aren't to be undermined.

I'm confused; you claim it's as simple as "shooting something" yet real life human beings require extra knowledge? To just shoot things? Their tech obviously would require an upgrade but I doubt that'd bridge the gap in terms of threat level.

Just an extra knowledgebase on what they're up against would go pretty far. But I guess you're right about that part. As for the tech upgrade, why don't you think that's enough to bridge the gap? Do you think the Gears could do what they do with mere 21st century real life gear?

Setting aside the fact the Brumak was advancing on them with two massive, automatic chain guns, and could only be put down by precisely targeting those chain guns and then it's head? Yeah, nah, sorry, at this stage in our evolution we don't have the nerve or the accuracy to face down a threat like that in a random encounter with assault rifles and put it down before catching a bullet from one of it's chain guns or just getting stomped on once it gets close enough.

Now I'm confused. Your argument to prove Gears are superhuman by real life standards revolves around having superior tech, and using said tech against superior foes while displaying tactics that don't exactly exceed the logical spectrum of a real life special force squad. Let me concede something I should have done earlier then: I don't think real life soldiers can win without the correct gear. Fair enough? With that out of the way, what has Fenix explicitly done, besides shooting a target til it drops, that is superhuman by real life standards?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cole Train solos

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@monsterstomp: Not sure what to say, or is this a 'just in case a reference is needed' tag? Lol.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: Fair enough.

@i_like_swords No, you're probably right. While I don't think a real life four-man SF squad could replicate what Delta team did, I don't think they'd go out easy. I was thinking too much of fictional peak humans (who're pretty comparable to real life standards).

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@granitesoldier: Fair enough.

@i_like_swords No, you're probably right. While I don't think a real life four-man SF squad could replicate what Delta team did, I don't think they'd go out easy. I was thinking too much of fictional peak humans (who're pretty comparable to real life standards).

Honestly Delta Squad, from a military standpoint, is pretty terrible. Their tactics and combat procedures are on par with a group of kids fresh out of boot camp who went through combat skills training 101.

The fact that the Locust have an even worse combat doctrine and Delta having advanced weaponry was their real savings grace. And all things considered, after reading this thread, probably some sort of super/peak human ability. Because they sure as sh*t aren't capable soldiers.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dodirty31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

COLE TRAIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp:

I think you're underrating what the special forces are capable of, so allow me to link you to a few video documentaries:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7n9O8z72m4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY08ZXSO1CI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC7OVRTihV8

I don't have time to watch three documentaries, bro.

So when you say "regular human beings", just be mindful that these guys go through the toughest training known to man. The failure rate for training in some of the most elite programs is surely in the 90%. Hell, you could probably Google soldiers who've died in the mere training stages because they simply aren't adequate. @granitesoldier probably knows more about what a special force unit is actually capable of (since I'd probably use Call of Duty as a reference point), but they aren't to be undermined.

I'm not undermining anything, I'm just saying that the Gears face absolutely ridiculous threats throughout the games with just four soldiers and often with little or no intel on what they're facing; they can be taking on some massive bulletproof monster capable of killing of them just by stepping on them at the drop of a dime, and they've over the years, again and again, pulled through and defeated these kinds of threats.

Just an extra knowledgebase on what they're up against would go pretty far. But I guess you're right about that part. As for the tech upgrade, why don't you think that's enough to bridge the gap? Do you think the Gears could do what they do with mere 21st century real life gear?

No, I don't think the Gears could take down a Brumak with 21st century tech. But I also doubt it's within the physical and mental capability of a human regardless of whether they're using Terran tech or not to pull off Delta's feats. Just like there isn't a rambo in real life.

Now I'm confused. Your argument to prove Gears are superhuman by real life standards revolves around having superior tech, and using said tech against superior foes while displaying tactics that don't exactly exceed the logical spectrum of a real life special force squad. Let me concede something I should have done earlier then: I don't think real life soldiers can win without the correct gear. Fair enough? With that out of the way, what has Fenix explicitly done, besides shooting a target til it drops, that is superhuman by real life standards?

When I said assault rifles I was referring to Terran firearms; Lancer Mark I's and II's. My argument is still and will always be that their feats aren't replicable from a physical/mental standpoint.

What has Marcus done personally? Just about soloing Scourge in melee combat, who is a full-fledged superhuman, as well as avoiding his Gorgon pistol onslaughts and suicide runs from tickers, as well as constant ink grenades being funneled into the room. I'd bet my life insurance there aren't two humans on this planet, with or without the training/knowledge standard of a COG soldier, that could do that much multi-tasking under duress and still retain enough nerve and accuracy to win out. It's not even as simple "as cover, evade, shoot, cover" as you said earlier, because of the constant influx of tickers/ink grenades and collapsing columns. And again, this was a zero-intel random encounter.

Loading Video...
@granitesoldier said:
Honestly Delta Squad, from a military standpoint, is pretty terrible. Their tactics and combat procedures are on par with a group of kids fresh out of boot camp who went through combat skills training 101.

The fact that the Locust have an even worse combat doctrine and Delta having advanced weaponry was their real savings grace. And all things considered, after reading this thread, probably some sort of super/peak human ability. Because they sure as sh*t aren't capable soldiers.

That's because it's a video game, which I think people are forgetting on every front in this thread. The scenarios displayed in the games and the characters involved in them aren't grounded in reality, and they don't have actual military helping them develop the levels/tactics etc. I'm sure if they did the Gears would look much more impressive from a realistic point of view.

I think you'd agree with me that even regardless of that, the Gears' feats blow out of the water anything doable in reality.

Avatar image for doctor_wheatley
Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 1

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

dunno

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Thanks. The Skorge feat was all I was asking for to back the point of Gears being superhuman by real life standards. I'm curious though, why wouldn't real life soldiers be mentally fit to take on said threats? We're talking about men just as determined to die for their country as the Gears were. Why do you think they'd drop their nerve against anybody? They go to work prepared to die.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp:

I'm curious though, why wouldn't real life soldiers be mentally fit to take on said threats? We're talking about men just as determined to die for their country as the Gears were. Why do you think they'd drop their nerve against anybody? They go to work prepared to die.

I didn't say they'd "drop their nerve against anybody". I said their nerve would be affected by a Brumak or a Lambent Berserker leaking lethal imulsion all over the place or a group of fully-bulletproof kantus chucking ink grenades everywhere or a largely-bullet resistant reaver dropping on their heads and nailing them with a chain gun or any number of other ridiculous threats the Gears' get chucked on a daily basis. I'm not the one underestimating anyone; you're either underestimating the difference between fiction or reality, or overestimating soldiers.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Eh... I don't think a soldier of said calibre differentiates life and death situations. To a soldier, what's the difference between a Brumak or an army? A Lambent Berserker or a nuclear radiation leak? Kantus or a tank? Reaver or a stealth bomber? The risk of dying is all the same. So to say that some of the worlds most hardened soldiers would drop their nerve, despite being as determined to die for their country as anyone, isn't really convincing. Sure, they'll probably be like "Holy sh*t, what the f*ck is that?", but that doesn't mean they'll hesitate or disregard their training completely. Their training is too hardwired into their muscle memory. I wouldn't say I'm overestimating real life soldiers. That's just fact. Watch a documentary, what they do is superhuman compared to what normal soldiers do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: If you don't think a soldier will hesitate in front of a brumak then I don't know what to tell you. I'm not about to start asserting my opinion on how a real human being would react to a fictional world like it's fact like you seem to be doing, so I guess we'll leave it here.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: You're right. I asked your opinion and argued against it like it was fact. Although I do inherently disagree with it.