GDI/Nod (C&C) vs Rebel Alliance/Empire (Star Wars)

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By jwwprod
Global Defense Initiative/Brotherhood of Nod (Command and Conquer)
Global Defense Initiative/Brotherhood of Nod (Command and Conquer)

vs

Rebel Alliance/Galactic Empire (Star Wars)
Rebel Alliance/Galactic Empire (Star Wars)

Set up:

A strange force has teleported some of GDI and the Brotherhood of Nod as well as some of the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Empire onto an unknown uninhabited planet and GDI and the Brotherhood of Nod have discovered about the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Empire and they see them as a threat and the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Empire also see GDI and Nod as a threat so then both GDI and Nod team up to fight the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Empire also team up to fight GDI and Nod.

The Battle!:

The battle will be split up into two different rounds

Round 1:

There will be different battles across the planet and the battles are:

Round 2:

This one will be an all out battle taking place in one whole area so it will be:

The 300 GDI Riflemen, 200 Zone Troopers, 300 Nod Militants, 200 Enlightened, 10 Predator tanks, 10 Scorpion tanks, 10 Mammoth tanks, 15 Titans, 15 Avatars, 4 Hammerheads, 4 Venom, 6 Orcas, 6 Banshees and 1 Mammoth Mk. II.

vs

the 500 Rebel troopers, 500 Stormtroopers, 20 TX-130T fighter tank, 10 T4-B heavy tanks, 30 AT-ST, 4 T-65 X-wing fighters, 4 TIE Fighters, 12 T-47 airspeeder and 1 AT-AT.

And both GDI/Nod and the Rebels/Empire have artillery in this round.

Rules for both rounds:

• All GDI and Nod units are fully upgraded.
  • All GDI and Nod units are all Third Tiberium war era units.
  • The Orcas and Banshees also have the ability to shoot at air vehicles in both rounds (So they can have a chance against the Rebel and and Imperial starfighters).
  • No Ion Cannon nor Death Star.
  • GDI/Nod wins by either completely destroying the Rebels/Empire's forces on the planet or destroying most of the forces on the planet untill they surrender.
  • The Rebels/Empire win by by either completely destroying GDI/Nod's forces on the planet or destroying most of the forces on the planet untill they surrender.
  • This is also only some of the forces of all 4 armies so is isn't the entire Rebel Alliance nor Galactic Empire in this battle (so they don't have they're big ships like the Star Destroyer) but the entire GDI and Brotherhood of Nod isn't in this battle was well.

Who wins and why?

P.S. I though I'd make this thread seeing how I'am a big fan of both Command and Conquer and Star Wars and I haven't seen much Command and Conquer threads on Comicvine so I though why not make this thread! and I hope I created a good battle as well :)

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jwwprod
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4 JediXMan  Moderator

Don't know anything about C&C.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jwwprod

@jedixman: @cadencev2: Well there are links to the Command and Conquer wiki page is your interested :)

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

C&C gets stomped, they have no means of competing against Imperial firepower. Avatars and Banshees last the longest but really, they stand no chance without support.

To make this more fair:

• 500 Fully Upgraded Zone Troopers and 500 Fully Upgraded Enlightened versus 500 Stormtroopers and 500 Rebels
  • 10 Fully Upgraded Predators and 10 Fully Upgraded Scorpion Tanks versus 20 TX-130s
  • 10 Fully Upgraded 3TW Mammoth Tanks versus 10 T4-Bs
  • 15 Fully Upgraded MKII Titans and 15 Fully Upgraded Avatars versus 30 AT-STs
  • 4 Fully Upgraded Hammerheads with Zone Raiders and 4 Fully Upgraded Venoms versus 4 X-wings and 4 TIE Fighters
  • 6 Banshees versus 6 Snowspeeders
  • 1 Mammoth MK II versus 1 AT-AT

Finally your unit composition for the final fight is atrocious. No commander in their right mind would allow such to occur.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diredrill: Edited it now :P

If there is more stuff I should edit let me know :)

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Chaos Prime

Played C&C few years back & they had some dam fine Tech/Robots so imo this could be a close call, only problem being is that i need to catch up on C&C again to give an honet opinion on this encounter.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos_prime said:

Played C&C few years back & they had some dam fine Tech/Robots so imo this could be a close call, only problem being is that i need to catch up on C&C again to give an honet opinion on this encounter.

Thanks I'm glad you think this is a good fight :)

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod said:

@chaos_prime said:

I think it is.Spent many an hour playing C&C in the past, great fun :)

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos_prime said:

@jwwprod said:

@chaos_prime said:

I think it is.Spent many an hour playing C&C in the past, great fun :)

Yea Command and Conquer is awesome!

We need more Command and Conquer battle threads on comicvine like this one because there isn't enough if you ask me.

And I have edit the OP to make it more fair :)

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jwwprod

@diredrill: Actually wouldn't the Zone Troopers and Enlightened be kind of overkill? Though the rest of you ideas to make this fight more fair are kind of understandable.

Though what is exactly wrong with my unit composition for the final fight again?

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod: Militants and Riflemen are poorly trained and have no real armor against the energy weapons coming at them. Zone Troopers and Enlightened both have sufficient armor to resist blaster rifles. Stormtrooper Blaster Rifles may be crap in terms of blasters but they are still leaps and bounds ahead of most of what Nod and GDI has faced.

That composition does not allow for the best use of all of the units abilities. You also have no artillery.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diredrill: Militants and Riflemen aren't that poorly trained and I still think they will give the Rebel troopers and Stromtroopers a good fight.

Also I have added artillery for both GDI/Nod and the Rebels/Empire in the second round how though if you think the Rebels/Empire having artillery is bad then let me know and I will edit the wiki :)

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jwwprod: Sorry, dude. I ain't much interested in the battle forums and I am not very familiar on the Brotherhood of Nod.

:(

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod: Sorry, dude. I ain't much interested in the battle forums and I am not very familiar on the Brotherhood of Nod.

:(

LOL, how did you end up in this forum DBCT? Lost? ;D

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: JwwProd called me out lol

I ain't much of a debater to begin with

:P

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Sorry I do not know much about Star Wars

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry I do not know much about Star Wars

Ah :( well I thought this would be a good battle seeing how I'm a big fan of both Star Wars and C&C.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

@jwwprod: Yeah this should be awesome but can Storm Troopers hit their target? ;p

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jwwprod

@jwwprod: Yeah this should be awesome but can Storm Troopers hit their target? ;p

But the GDI & Nod soliders are just normal soliders/grunts not actually main characters so the Storm Troopers might have a chnace! >_>

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This battle has way to many variables for me to give a good reply without taking more time then I have to properly go through each battle so ill leave it at this, certain rounds will be taken by the empire due to shielding, it's just something the armor focused armies from C&C will have trouble dealing with. However in certain battles C&C should definetly take it due to being more specialized into efficient warfare rather then flashy effects.

Without getting really detailed ill have to leave my vote at a 50/50 win rate.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with with Bruxae on this one some encounters will favour c&c while SW will prevail in others.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

What does 'flashy effects' mean Bruxae?.....Though really ground wise(as far as ground troops only), only problems I see for the Rebs/Imps are the Enlightened and Zone troops. Abit OP, are you using regular Rebel Troops/Stormtroopers here? Or are you piling all variants in? Because there are different Stormtroopers and Rebel Troops(SpecForces really)

Though this battle has too many things to go through really, so not really interested in debating. Just wanting to know what Bruxae means by 'flashy' effects. Because Rebs/Stormtroopers are efficient in battle too.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer said:

What does 'flashy effects' mean Bruxae?.....Though really ground wise(as far as ground troops only), only problems I see for the Rebs/Imps are the Enlightened and Zone troops. Abit OP, are you using regular Rebel Troops/Stormtroopers here? Or are you piling all variants in? Because there are different Stormtroopers and Rebel Troops(SpecForces really)

Though this battle has too many things to go through really, so not really interested in debating. Just wanting to know what Bruxae means by 'flashy' effects. Because Rebs/Stormtroopers are efficient in battle too.

Well I'm actually using normal Rebel Troops/Stormtroopers though if you want I can edit the op and add some special Rebel Troops/Stormtroopers to make it more fair but I think the op is fine as it is.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae said:

This battle has way to many variables for me to give a good reply without taking more time then I have to properly go through each battle so ill leave it at this, certain rounds will be taken by the empire due to shielding, it's just something the armor focused armies from C&C will have trouble dealing with. However in certain battles C&C should definetly take it due to being more specialized into efficient warfare rather then flashy effects.

Without getting really detailed ill have to leave my vote at a 50/50 win rate.

Thanks for giving your opinion on this thread :)

Reficul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump!

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

Meh...alright guess I can give a rundown for the RA and GE stuff they have.

Rebel Alliance

Rebel Alliance: T4-B Heavy Tank

As a tracked ground vehicle, it is naturally limited in speed and versatility. However it's combination of dual laser cannons and triple concussion missile tubes makes it lethal against all types of infantry and allows it to hold its own against Imperial armor.

- Taken from Rebel Alliance Sourcebook

Straightforward, lethal against infantry and can hold its own against Imperial armor.

Rebel Alliance: T-47 Airspeeder

The T-47 lacked shields, but its small frame and exceptional maneuverability allow it to dodge enemy fire; the T-47 has a maximum velocity in excess of 1,100 km/h(683 mph), with an ideal combat speed of about 600 km/h(372 mph)

-Taken from New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels

Straightforward really, they can fly fast and are really agile.

In battle airspeeders perform the same tasks jet fighters do on primitive worlds- recon, air cover, anti-vehicle, anti-personal attacks and bombing runs. Their hard hitting, quick strike abilities makes them perfectly suited for the Alliance's style of combat.

Can do a number of roles.

Many Alliance airspeeders are built from the controls and chassis from starfighters no longer suitable for space combat, making them very durable. They are arguably the most powerful and survivable Alliance weapons on the battlefield.

Very durable and powerful.

Rebel Alliance: T-65 X-wing

The X-wing is the archetypical combat starfighter- fast, maneuverable and deadly. Although it is not exceptional in any single category, neither does it have any substantial weakness.

Speed: 652 mph, 3,700 Gs

Straightforward, X-wing is a deadly fighter.

Acquiring their first X-wings, Alliance tacticians put it to the ultimate test where the X-wing quickly proved it's superiority to all Imperial fighters. Imperial starfighter casualties grew at a tremendous pace, after frustrating defeats Imperial ship designers worked on a fighter that could best the X-wing in single combat.

X-wing proved to be superior to all Imperial fighters, so much so that they had to design a single fighter to combat it specifically.

While in flight and combat, the astromech on board is responsible for navigation, astrogation, damage control and flight adjustments.

- Taken from New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels

The Astromech on board helps the pilot, controlling the damage and the like.

One of the greatest X-wing assets is it's durability. The fighters reinforced titanium-alloy hull, Chempat deflector screen and deflector shield projectors, and transparisteel canopy ensure it can withstand several hits without suffering serious damage.

Straightforward on durability.

======

Galactic Empire

AT-ST

The AT-ST is a highly mobile, two-legged walker capable of going head to head with many Rebel ground vehicles. Fast, maneuverable and precise, the AT-ST is valued by Imperial tacticians to make swift attacks against ground troops and repulsorlift vehicles.

Straightforward, fast, precise and mobile walker being able to make swift attacks.

The AT-ST can reach speeds of 90 kilometers per hour(55 mph) across open ground

Straightforward.

Imperial engineers put the armored command module ontop of the legs, allowing the head to rotate 240 degrees. The command module carries both a pilot and gunner, who use viewports and a 360 degree holographical targeting system.

Can rotate the head, see 360 degrees via holo targeting system.

AT-ST mission profile includes recon and support for troops and AT-STs. It carries out these duties with twin chin mounted blaster cannons with a range of 2 kilometers(1.2 mile). Twin light blasters and a concussion grenade launcher provide additional firepower for close-quarters combat.

The armaments of an AT-ST.

TIE Fighter

Because it lacks so many starfighter essentials, it may seem inadequate. However it is among the fastest and most maneuverable craft in the galaxy.

Speed: 750 mph, 4,100 Gs

While it may lack a lot of things, the TIE fighter is among the fastest and maneuverable in the galaxy.

The TIE fighter can virtually outrun any of the Alliance and New Republic starfighters, save for the A and E wings.

Straightforward

The TIE fighters laser cannons are not very powerful on their own. But when dozens of TIE fighters attack, as is often the case, they can demolish anything in their path.

Straightforward.

AT-AT

The AT-AT boasts heavy long range laser cannons and short range medium blasters. The laser cannons serve as the primary assault weapons, while the blasters, which can rotate independently can provide cover for ground troops.

The AT-AT armament.

The AT-AT swiveling head can swing up to 90 degrees left or right and up to 30 degrees up or down, creating an impressive field of fire.

Can move it's head for a good range of fire.

The gunner controls all 4 weapons, assisted by a 360 degree holographic targeting system. Many pilots also use the walker's heavy feet to crush enemy units and buildings.

Straightforward

The AT-ATs armored hide and powerful drive motors make it virtually unstoppable. Most conventional weapons, including blaster cannons and anti-vehicle shells are incapable of penetrating an AT-ATs thick shell.

Straightforward extremely durable and protected.

Two drive motors accelerate to 60 kilometers per hour(37 mph) over flat terrain and can function even after sustaining massive damage.

Can move pretty well, even after sustaining damage.

=====

Done, don't really have anything for the Fighter tanks though.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Wut

Disclaimer: Just my opinion on the matter. I like both universes with a little bias in favor of Star Wars.

Infantry: Honestly, at first this seemed rather obvious. Stormtroopers are vastly superior to Riflemen and Militants because they have superior weaponry. Stromtrooper armor is incredibly good against ballistic firearms which still see use in the Star War's universe, but Zone Troopers and Enlightened make this far different then I imagined. IMO, 200 of both is far too many. Clad in power armor (Cyborg body for the Enlightened) they are bringing either a railgun or a particle rifle. Both pack a hell of a punch. I don't see Stormtrooper armor tanking either from their movie feats, hell I can't remember an EU feat that would suggest they could, and if a Stormtrooper can't then there is no way in hell a rebel trooper can.

Another large advantage for C&C is that Zone Troopers have jetpacts (I know there are some strormtroopers that have them) that allow for rapid deployment and superior maneuverability.

Because of the Enlightened and Zone Troopers, I would give C&C the edge in infantry. I believe you should cut their numbers down to one hundred.

Armor: Star Wars takes it.

While I do like the Predator tank which is, pretty much, an Abrams with a much bigger gun, the scorpion only has a 105 mm (Still a good weapon), but it looks rather fragile. I don't like the Scopions chances against TX, at all.

I do like that the TX has missile launchers with thermal detonator cores which could be used to strike the top armor of the other tanks. I like that it hovers allowing it greater maneuverability. So I give this to the TX.

Heavy Armor: C&C, I give a lot of love to Mammoth tanks and for good reason. Without upgrades, they are packing 150 mm cannons. Those are big cannons yet railguns are an upgrade implying they are even better. If a railgun, in most Sci-Fis, is good at one thing, it is penetrating armor. I firmly believe the mammoth can pincushion the T4-B. The Mammoth has very heavy armor and so I don't doubt it can tank some hits.

What I don't like about the Mammoth? It can't aim down, but I still give it the edge because of it's very, very impressive weaponry.

Walkers: I won't lie. I heavily favor the C&C walkers here. While I think Avatar is going to need to loot some weaponry to really get into it's stride, the Titan has an impressive 120 mm cannon which I believe is enough to punch through a AT-ST's armor. The Avatar and Titan both strike me as having heavier armor and less likely to be destroyed or tipped over by stray shots or uneven terrain. I will say that I do believe the AT-ST is faster on flat ground.

Air-Power: Star Wars should have a massive advantage as their fighters can break atmosphere, and as someone posted above, X-Wings are very good. Especially when half of the C&C air is more akin to helicopters then fighters. While helicopters are great for a ground war, I don't see anything on C&C side that is going to stop the Star Wars from taking dominance in the skies.

Super Unit: I want to go on record and say that I believe the At-AT is a terrible walker. Yes, in universe, it is very strong, but... I think it's design is lazy and would make a terrible walker when considering walkers from other Sci-Fis.

While I don't like the At-AT I would give it an edge over MK.II. This is based more on personal feelings then a scientific or knowledable base. While I like that the MK.II has railguns (and I adore railguns), the At-AT's light turbolasers are mean. Both are going to attract a lot of attention from the other side, and I believe the At-AT has superior armor and would be the more likely of the two to, not only win a direct confrontation, but survive the battle.

EDIT: (I knew I forgot something)

Overall: Despite C&C holding the edge in infantry, walker, and heavy tank, I favor Star Wars in this battle. They are going to utterly dominate the skies while Star Wars can still contest the areas in which they don't have an advantage in. Most of the walkers and heavy tanks can be brought down with bombing runs.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

Disclaimer: Just my opinion on the matter. I like both universes with a little bias in favor of Star Wars.

Infantry: Honestly, at first this seemed rather obvious. Stormtroopers are vastly superior to Riflemen and Militants because they have superior weaponry. Stromtrooper armor is incredibly good against ballistic firearms which still see use in the Star War's universe, but Zone Troopers and Enlightened make this far different then I imagined. IMO, 200 of both is far too many. Clad in power armor (Cyborg body for the Enlightened) they are bringing either a railgun or a particle rifle. Both pack a hell of a punch. I don't see Stormtrooper armor tanking either from their movie feats, hell I can't remember an EU feat that would suggest they could, and if a Stormtrooper can't then there is no way in hell a rebel trooper can.

Another large advantage for C&C is that Zone Troopers have jetpacts (I know there are some strormtroopers that have them) that allow for rapid deployment and superior maneuverability.

Because of the Enlightened and Zone Troopers, I would give C&C the edge in infantry. I believe you should cut their numbers down to one hundred.

Armor: Star Wars takes it.

While I do like the Predator tank which is, pretty much, an Abrams with a much bigger gun, the scorpion only has a 105 mm (Still a good weapon), but it looks rather fragile. I don't like the Scopions chances against TX, at all.

I do like that the TX has missile launchers with thermal detonator cores which could be used to strike the top armor of the other tanks. I like that it hovers allowing it greater maneuverability. So I give this to the TX.

Heavy Armor: C&C, I give a lot of love to Mammoth tanks and for good reason. Without upgrades, they are packing 150 mm cannons. Those are big cannons yet railguns are an upgrade implying they are even better. If a railgun, in most Sci-Fis, is good at one thing, it is penetrating armor. I firmly believe the mammoth can pincushion the T4-B. The Mammoth has very heavy armor and so I don't doubt it can tank some hits.

What I don't like about the Mammoth? It can't aim down, but I still give it the edge because of it's very, very impressive weaponry.

Walkers: I won't lie. I heavily favor the C&C walkers here. While I think Avatar is going to need to loot some weaponry to really get into it's stride, the Titan has an impressive 120 mm cannon which I believe is enough to punch through a AT-ST's armor. The Avatar and Titan both strike me as having heavier armor and less likely to be destroyed or tipped over by stray shots or uneven terrain. I will say that I do believe the AT-ST is faster on flat ground.

Air-Power: Star Wars should have a massive advantage as their fighters can break atmosphere, and as someone posted above, X-Wings are very good. Especially when half of the C&C air is more akin to helicopters then fighters. While helicopters are great for a ground war, I don't see anything on C&C side that is going to stop the Star Wars from taking dominance in the skies.

Super Unit: I want to go on record and say that I believe the At-AT is a terrible walker. Yes, in universe, it is very strong, but... I think it's design is lazy and would make a terrible walker when considering walkers from other Sci-Fis.

While I don't like the At-AT I would give it an edge over MK.II. This is based more on personal feelings then a scientific or knowledable base. While I like that the MK.II has railguns (and I adore railguns), the At-AT's light turbolasers are mean. Both are going to attract a lot of attention from the other side, and I believe the At-AT has superior armor and would be the more likely of the two to, not only win a direct confrontation, but survive the battle.

EDIT: (I knew I forgot something)

Overall: Despite C&C holding the edge in infantry, walker, and heavy tank, I favor Star Wars in this battle. They are going to utterly dominate the skies while Star Wars can still contest the areas in which they don't have an advantage in. Most of the walkers and heavy tanks can be brought down with bombing runs.

Thanks for stating your opinion and it's great to see another C&C fan here :)

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

possibly a stalemate but this is really good

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

C&C should win a tough fight, good job on creating this battle!

Avatar image for deactivated-1358091
deactivated-1358091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Round 1 may be in favor of CNC team. Especially the infantry section since elite units such as storm commandos or rebel commandos are not used. I don't know about round 2 though.