Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pokergeist

GotG: Nova, Firelord (691), Quasar, Adam Warlock 

JLA: Superman, Martian Man Hunter, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern 

Are the GotG of Marvel that high tier enough to beat the DC Earth team? 

Edit: Drax out Firelord in.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Saren

Since this is GotG I'm assuming the Quasar here is Phyla?

Uno_Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Uno_Oscuro

I want to say JLA, but Adam is quite a variable to account for. IMO, Nova and Quasar certainly have the power to go one on one with any of them, but thats it, they couldn't take on more than one. And Drax's only impressive modern feats are killing Thanos, in which, A, he was designed to do and B, Thanos came right back and killed him. So essentially its JLA vs Nova, Quasar, and Adam.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pokergeist
@CitizenBane
You can make it current characters or past versions, give me both angles if ya want. I love a history lesson, its why I pst on battle forums to learn more about the others feats.
ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ThanoStomp

Here one way it could play out.....

I think Adam could take Superman due to his new powerset. Nova's Worldmind said it was unable to calculate his power and it was significantly higher than Nova when he had the entire Nova force. Adam's new power is what he calls a "Quantum Mage" or basically a magician on the cosmic scale. And he typically has maintained much of his old powers in previous re-incarnations, but I haven't seen much of that this time around.

I'd put Nova against Wonder Woman. That could go either way, but I'd give Nova a slight advantage at range with his gravimetric powerset. Nova's with lesser skill and power have been able to incapacitate powerhouses. Close combat would go to WW.

You'd have to have Green Lantern and Quasar match up and they'd likely stalemate each other. This is Wendel, not Phyla. Maybe a slight edge to Quasar simply because I've seen more/better energy draining feats from him and it is a well used and easy task for him in the past.

Lastly, Drax against MM. I'd give this to MM pretty handily. I don't think Drax has much resistance to being mind controlled. When he was dumb Drax, maybe he could resist just because there was a void in his mind.

This is a good battle OP!!! If Drax can hold of MM until Warlock comes to aid him it would favor GOTG. If not, this would go to JL because MM would be too much if he's able to team up on any one GOTG. Also, the Nova/Quasar vs. WW/GL fights are very hard fights. Could go 60/40 either way. Whoever tops those could also tip the scale for there team.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pokergeist

Any other takers?

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Night Thrasher

Huge GotG fan but, JL takes this easily with that roster. Drax is a none factor. Quasar is too green to matter. Adam Warlock and Nova are basically fighting alone and they get stomped.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pokergeist

Well Since Firelord of 691 is a Member of the GotG Ill put him in. Seriously could the GotG Match the four Powerhouses of JLA. Otherwise I dont see how anyone can claim how uber powerful Marvels Cosmic cast is when there top Comic guys outside SS get stomp so easily.
Avatar image for drinkurprunejuice77
DrinkUrPruneJuice77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CadenceV2 said:

Well Since Firelord of 691 is a Member of the GotG Ill put him in. Seriously could the GotG Match the four Powerhouses of JLA. Otherwise I dont see how anyone can claim how uber powerful Marvels Cosmic cast is when there top Comic guys outside SS get stomp so easily.

These are nowhere near top tier Marvel cosmic beings. JLA wins this.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By blackadamFTW

I'm gonna go with JLA.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jeanroygrant

JLA.

ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ThanoStomp

I think people are underestimating Warlock and Quasar(Wendall). I'm not saying they would win, but no one on JLA could solo and this would not be a stomp.

ThatThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ThatThorFan

You could of included Rocket Raccoon and Groot, as well as Cosmo the Space Dog.

That would make it more even for them.

JLA