Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Phylos
No Caption Provided

"Cunning and formidably gifted hand to hand combatant, trained by Achmed El Gibar and the Black Panther in her youth, and extensively trained by her fellow X-Man Wolverine. She is a master thief, lock pick and escape artist, and she has the same degree of dexterity in her toes and mouth as she does with her hands. She is highly skilled with wielding knives, is experienced with a bo staff and has received training in sword fighting by the finest warriors in Wakanda. She is also an excellent marksman with a gun. She is very intelligent, a skilled and resourceful tactician, and possesses strong natural leadership skills, having lead the X-Men for years prior to and after her marriage to the Black Panther and her role as the reigning queen of Wakanda." - Comic Vine/Storm

Battle/Rules

This will be a somewhat hand to hand gauntlet with a special twist for Ororo.

1. Win by knockout or incapacitation
  2. Everyone is in character
  3. Standard gear & equipment
  4. Ororo gets fully rested after each match
  5. No preparation, outside help or battlefield removal

Restrictions: Ororo can only use her weather manipulation to create disturbances on the battlefield, such as:

• Rain - Fog - Mist - Thunderclaps - Lightning strobes etc etc

[nothing that will physically harm her opponents, only to cripple the senses, i.e. vision/hearing]. Plus, her flight has been restricted to 40 feet. So again, NO:

• Flash freezing - Lightning bolts - Removing air from lungs - Tornadoes/Hurricanes [etc etc.]

Gear: Adamantium Bo Staff & a pair of standard Combat Knives.

Opponents/Rounds

1. Nightwing
  2. Moon Knight
  3. Captain America
  4. Beast
  5. Silver Samurai
  6. Black Panther
  7. Taskmaster [has watched all previous matches]

Location/Setting - Mountain Top Arena

1. Each round, both start at opposite ends of the arena
  2. Environment is usable if need
  3. Main gate is up, so the fighters aren't confined to just the arena
No Caption Provided
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Roddy010

I'm not even sure she makes it past round 1...That's a n ice pic of Ororo though...

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Phylos: Really -__-...??? This battle seems unfair. I think you have nerfed Storm way too much. With the exception of Spider-Man and maybe Nightcrawler, all of these fighters are either high-mid or top tier fighters, and are more skilled in both h2h and unarmed combat (to a really unfair degree in most of these matches), and I am not sure if standard gear for some of them include infrared or heat vision to where her attempts to mask herself may not even be effective. Morals off with a super human who can instantly teleport off body parts or tele-drop and she doesn't even get to create her defense before the battle starts? No nerfing for Spider-Man despite the fact he could take her head off with one punch and super human speed? spider-sense and super human reflexes? No rest in between fights?

Storm can severely diminish their vision, hide her scent, and create noise to help mask the sound of her movement (or use thunderclaps and lightning strobes or wind to kick up the sand but that doesn't appear to be allowed), but as resourceful as she is, I think you are pitting her against completely unfair odds.

EDITED

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Phylos

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Phylos: Really -__-...??? This battle seems unfair. I think you have nerfed Storm way too much. With the exception of Spider-Man and maybe Nightcrawler, all of these fighters are either high-mid or top tier fighters, and are more skilled in both h2h and unarmed combat (to a really unfair degree in most of these matches), and I am not sure if standard geat for some of them include irared or heat vision to where her attempts to mask herself will even be effective. Morals off with a super human who can instantly teleport off body parts and she doesn't even get to create her defense before the battle starts? No nerfing for Spider-Man despite the fact he could take her head off with one punch and super human speed? No rest in between fights?

Storm can severely diminish their vision, hide her scent, and create noise to help mask the sound of her movement (or use thunderclaps and lightning strobes or wind to kick up the sand but that doesn't appear to be allowed), but as resourceful as she is, I think you are pitting her against completely unfair odds.

hmm, some suggestions? thought the idea was interesting at first but like most of my battle threads...it ends up being somewhat one sided -_-

i like the idea of using thunderclaps and lightning strobes to mask herself though.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Roddy010 said:

I'm not even sure she makes it past round 1...That's a n ice pic of Ororo though...

ThatThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ThatThorFan

Stops at 1. Perhaps move Daredevil down some or just take him completely off.

How about you let storm fly at a certain degree. Like don't use enclosed arena because of her claustrophobia... make it to were her ability to fly is weak or just limited to the size of a football field.

Take away her ability to take air from lungs and create tornadoes and hurricanes, leave everything else. Then put some stronger opponents with that theory. Just a thought. Hope this helps!

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Phylos: I'm not sure. The thread probably should be locked. Giving her any of her power to do physical damage would make it one-sided in her favor. An unnerfed Spider-Man and Nightcrawler is too much. I don't think DD should be first as well. And maybe give Storm suitable teammate(s).

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By KainScion

@THUNDERBOLT30: this is a thread to show her skill in h2h. in which she sucks. gets the tar beat out of her at 1.

torzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By torzone

@Vance Astro said:

@Roddy010 said:

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@KainScion: Sucks so much that the OP chose to use predominantly high level fighters to try to make it appear that way? Or unnerfed super humans? You really need to work on your flame bait material. It's coming off rather obvious and kind of weak...just saying.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

The only person she might beat is Spider-Man, assuming his powers have also been removed. But she's not beating anybody else.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By WARLOCK2792

This..................is lame...........juice

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Blood1991

@JediXMan said:

The only person she might beat is Spider-Man, assuming his powers have also been removed. But she's not beating anybody else.

Agreed, She can't beat DD even with Fog and rain "what is that going to do to a blind man"

Now the Fog would be useful against a depowered Spiderman, plus the staff, but even then I'm not sure she could take him, but that is then only fair fight out of this listing.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Phylos

It's been edited, hopefully that leveled out the thread to a degree. Suppose that giving her some type of flight will give some advantages.

@THUNDERBOLT30: @ThatThorFan: @Blood1991: @JediXMan: @Vance Astro: @Roddy010: @White Mage: thoughts?

Avatar image for blacklightning13
Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Blacklightning13

Loses at 1. Without there powers this would be more even. But that would just mean she gets beaten slightly slower for some of them.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Phylos said:

It's been edited, hopefully that leveled out the thread to a degree. Suppose that giving her some type of flight will give some advantages.

@THUNDERBOLT30: @ThatThorFan: @Blood1991: @JediXMan: @Vance Astro: @Roddy010: @White Mage: thoughts?

Not helping, really, since everyone here has some sort of ranged abilities. And even if they didn't, she still needs to get close to hit them - which is when it ends.

There's no way to make this fair. Either she beats pretty much everyone WITH powers, or gets destroyed without. That's basically it.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Phylos

@JediXMan said:

@Phylos said:

Not helping, really, since everyone here has some sort of ranged abilities. And even if they didn't, she still needs to get close to hit them - which is when it ends.

There's no way to make this fair. Either she beats pretty much everyone WITH powers, or gets destroyed without. That's basically it.

Alrighty, thanks anyway for the input. Vance will probably read this, so lock away moderator.