#1 Edited by WillPayton (9500 posts) - - Show Bio

Ganthet and Alan Scott

VS

Thanos and Thor

No prep, standard pre-52 versions, standard equipment, etc. Everyone in character, but fighting at their in-character maximums, fighting seriously and to win. Win by KO or death. Battle takes place on Mars.

#2 Posted by King Saturn (224270 posts) - - Show Bio
good battle... 
I think I am going to take Ganthet and Green Lantern Alan Scott for the win 6 out of 10 times 
Thanos should be able to give the Little Blue Fella all he can handle... possibly even more than he can handle on occasions... I think Ganthet should be able to take the Majority from Thanos assuming we are using feats the Guardians could do from the 1980's and so on. 
Alan Scott vs Thor will be another close fight... 
#3 Posted by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much what King Saturn said.

Guardians are really powerful, i do not think Thanos can on his own handle one.

Here are few scans from Green Lantern Volume 3 161, where a kid lantern Lianna wreaks wanton destruction on a planet and Ganthet comes in and repair everything with but a wave of his hand

Not to mention they have been said to be powerful enough to rip a planet in two just by a thought. Thanos for sure would have his hands full.

The only occasion where guardians have looked a little under-whelming was when they fought Agent Orange and Superboy Prime, but that could be because these two were actually meant to be uber powerful.

In character Alan Scott vs Thor would be a very close battle, could go either way .

#4 Posted by beatboks1 (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

good battle...
I think I am going to take Ganthet and Green Lantern Alan Scott for the win 6 out of 10 times
Thanos should be able to give the Little Blue Fella all he can handle... possibly even more than he can handle on occasions... I think Ganthet should be able to take the Majority from Thanos assuming we are using feats the Guardians could do from the 1980's and so on.
Alan Scott vs Thor will be another close fight...

@Killemall said:

Pretty much what King Saturn said.

Guardians are really powerful, i do not think Thanos can on his own handle one.

Here are few scans from Green Lantern Volume 3 161, where a kid lantern Lianna wreaks wanton destruction on a planet and Ganthet comes in and repair everything with but a wave of his hand

Not to mention they have been said to be powerful enough to rip a planet in two just by a thought. Thanos for sure would have his hands full.

The only occasion where guardians have looked a little under-whelming was when they fought Agent Orange and Superboy Prime, but that could be because these two were actually meant to be uber powerful.

In character Alan Scott vs Thor would be a very close battle, could go either way .

Pretty much covers it I'd say.

On a side note, the number of Allen Scot battles on this forum that take him seriously in the last few months is making me think I've had quite an effect. I can recall a time I was the only one who'd debate for him

#5 Posted by WillPayton (9500 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

On a side note, the number of Allen Scot battles on this forum that take him seriously in the last few months is making me think I've had quite an effect. I can recall a time I was the only one who'd debate for him

I know I'm responsible for quite a number of those Alan Scott threads. =) And yet, a lot of people still underestimate him. I think it's mostly because they think he's at "normal" Green Lantern power levels and dont know Alan has some awesome feats, and his powers are magically based.

#6 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1.

#7 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

@beatboks1 said:

I know I'm responsible for quite a number of those Alan Scott threads. =) And yet, a lot of people still underestimate him. I think it's mostly because they think he's at "normal" Green Lantern power levels and dont know Alan has some awesome feats, and his powers are magically based.

A lot of people still don't know the difference between Alan Scott and a "normal" Lantern, to be honest.

#8 Posted by beatboks1 (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenteaforme @WillPayton

It's a lot better than when I first started debating on the vine. Back then the general consensus was that Allen was below a "normal" Lantern because he was a lantern with a lame weakness and was believed his power levels way below any other GL.

#9 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

Team 1.

#10 Posted by WillPayton (9500 posts) - - Show Bio

#11 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 easily. Spite. Mismatch.

#12 Posted by XiiX (8452 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 smashes.

#13 Posted by oceanmaster21 (8169 posts) - - Show Bio

team 1 wins

#14 Posted by spiderbuck (2454 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro solo slaughtered the entire Guardian roster. I'm sure Thanos could do the same.

Team 2.

#15 Posted by Saren (25694 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro solo slaughtered the entire Guardian roster. I'm sure Thanos could do the same.

With Parallax backing him up, and the Guardians were already half-dead. Something Sinestro actually mentions.

#16 Posted by dondave (37945 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1

#17 Edited by spiderbuck (2454 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: True, thanks for the recap. Team 1 if we are assuming Thanos can in fact die. ..... can he?

#18 Posted by oceanmaster21 (8169 posts) - - Show Bio

team 1 slightly

#19 Posted by JwwProd (9648 posts) - - Show Bio

Good fight but I think I will go with Team 1 after a long fight.

#20 Posted by Zmasonite (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

Team one in a good fight.