Wasn't DOTNG retconned?

#3 Posted by King Saturn (224190 posts) - - Show Bio
Ganthet wins barely...
#4 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio

Want to know

#5 Posted by Achilles. (3847 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Ganthet

#6 Posted by NeonNemesis (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid, he has intimidated the Guardians before, and Ganthet backing down to Hank recently while he killed Lanterns, doesn't make him look any good either.
#7 Posted by entropy_aegis (15319 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid. 
what has ganthet done anyway?
and no i dont want scans of punking the spectre or kyle's narration of him cracking a planet with a thought.
#8 Posted by velle37 (6058 posts) - - Show Bio

Ganthet........
#9 Posted by entropy_aegis (15319 posts) - - Show Bio
@velle37:
Why?
#10 Posted by velle37 (6058 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
"@velle37: Why? "

Why not?
#11 Posted by Skies327 (230 posts) - - Show Bio
@NeonNemesis said:
" Darkseid, he has intimidated the Guardians before, and Ganthet backing down to Hank recently while he killed Lanterns, doesn't make him look any good either. "
Backing down to save lives isn't the same as backing down out of fear. 

I'm giving this one to Ganthet, barely. Those willpower smurfs are devastating.
#12 Posted by entropy_aegis (15319 posts) - - Show Bio
@Skies327:
Those will power smurfs have'nt done anything.
#13 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

Great fight to gain some knowledge about this two. :)

#14 Posted by NeonNemesis (353 posts) - - Show Bio
@Skies327 said:
" @NeonNemesis said:
" Darkseid, he has intimidated the Guardians before, and Ganthet backing down to Hank recently while he killed Lanterns, doesn't make him look any good either. "
Backing down to save lives isn't the same as backing down out of fear. I'm giving this one to Ganthet, barely. Those willpower smurfs are devastating. "

He didn't backed down when he had battery, besides, Hank was killing Lanterns in front of him and all he did was weep. 

In BN he was suposelly a beast like he's suposelly now, because he was a blue energy Guardian with a GL ring, what did he do? He got nearly killed by the BLSpectre alongside the other Guardian and saved by Hal. 

Guardians are overrated, they never did anything impressive, they struggled hard all of them to contain a galaxy, Thor by himself has contained an explosion that would clean 1/6 of the Universe, then they get punked by Krona, then they get punked by Nekron, then they get puked by Larfleeze, then they get punked by the Anti-Monitor, then they get punked by a weakened Anti-Monitor, then they needed one to explode in Doomsday face to BFR him, then they needed another to explode in Prime's face to BFR him. They are jobbers pure and simple, they are hyped to be powerfull only to job to the new threats
#15 Posted by entropy_aegis (15319 posts) - - Show Bio
@NeonNemesis:
Using thor's feat isnt fair. 
Kyle rayner briefly held the imperiex big bang,and orion held the oblivion bomb(universal destruction). 
does it mean that they are more powerful than ganthet and darkseid. 
Getting punked by nekron,krona,monitor and larfleeze is'nt exactly a sign of weakness and both prime and doomsday are PIS/CIS machines ,did'nt prime punk mxy as well? 
but i agree that guardians have nothing going for them. 
#16 Posted by NeonNemesis (353 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
"@NeonNemesis: Using thor's feat isnt fair. Kyle rayner briefly held the imperiex big bang,and orion held the oblivion bomb(universal destruction). does it mean that they are more powerful than ganthet and darkseid. Getting punked by nekron,krona,monitor and larfleeze is'nt exactly a sign of weakness and both prime and doomsday are PIS/CIS machines ,did'nt prime punk mxy as well? but i agree that guardians have nothing going for them.  "

My point is that they are jobbing machines, you have a new threath and want to hype him? You job the Guardians to him, they are kinda like the Watchers in Marvel, you want to hype someone, you make him kill a watcher. 
IDK about Orion, but IIRC Kyle had Ion at that time. 
Nekron I haven't seen enough from him to say what he is suposed to be, he took on WL Sinestro that has less feats than him and dismissed Spectre with a PIS that counters continuity (Spectre has affected souless guys before), Sayd got pawned by the Lanterns, Krona IDK (I haven't read Trinity, but I've heard its not canon, as I've heard it is, not suprising knowing DC's continuity...), I know he punked Galactus in Avengers JLA, but last I heard, DC aknowleges this in mainstream continuity, but Marvel states its an alternate reality and not 616 (King Hyperion has killed an alternate reality Galactus, so you can see where they're going), AM didn't even got a fight from them in CoIE, he just put the dwarves to sleep literaly, 2nd time the GotU stated he was weak and still healing from CoIE, and he was still getting the best of them, LF I haven't seen anything, the nature of greed makes him a good energy absorber that gave him the edge on the GLs, then he failed to take over the Blue Lantern corps that had what? 5 members? Then he gets pawned by the Black Lanterns twice and was having the crap beaten out of him by Atrocitus that got cheapshotted by him when he turned his attention to the BLanterns, then in BN he fights the entire night with Luthor for control of the spectrum he had far more experience with, I don't get the love he gets, ppl see 100.000% charge and are like Wow, his achievements talk diferently, he's a good energy drainer and had a huge charge, period, you can fill a regular car deposit to the maximum as well, but it will never run as fast as a F1 as long as it has fuel, he will outlast him, sure, but if the race ends before, he won't win. 
#17 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@NeonNemesis said:
" @entropy_aegis said:
"@NeonNemesis: Using thor's feat isnt fair. Kyle rayner briefly held the imperiex big bang,and orion held the oblivion bomb(universal destruction). does it mean that they are more powerful than ganthet and darkseid. Getting punked by nekron,krona,monitor and larfleeze is'nt exactly a sign of weakness and both prime and doomsday are PIS/CIS machines ,did'nt prime punk mxy as well? but i agree that guardians have nothing going for them.  "
My point is that they are jobbing machines, you have a new threath and want to hype him? You job the Guardians to him, they are kinda like the Watchers in Marvel, you want to hype someone, you make him kill a watcher. "
Nah, then You call Terrax ;)
#18 Posted by HolySerpent (12545 posts) - - Show Bio

ganthet and the other gaurdains are not fighters.... i think people need to stop putting them into fight. espeally against people like darkseid
#19 Posted by TheFallenOne (1093 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:

That never happened. He was only making him stay still in order for Superman merged withKismet to crack his armour. And cracking Imperiex armour wouldn't result in Big Bang. And even if you disagree with me, fact is that as soon as Imperiex armour was cracked, Imperiex was sucked by Brainiac 13. So Kyle didn't contain anything except Impereix who was in armour - nothing close to Big bang. Besides energy released in Big bang wouldn't be enough to destroy a universe as big as it is today, not even 1/5 of the universe (actually they are making replica of Big Bang in CERN - of course if theory of Big Bang is correct). 
Orion didn't held an explosion of Oblivion bomb. Thor contained the explosion.
#20 Posted by NeonNemesis (353 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael: Terrax at least gave Surfer troubles and stalemated Morg and has cut a planet in two, he's not hyped to be cracking planets with thoughs
#21 Posted by _Courage_ (1183 posts) - - Show Bio

Losing to Anti-Monitor, Larfleeze, Doomsday, and Prime are not bad feats necessarily.  
I think Uxas would win, but stop putting down characters.
#22 Posted by blackadam (2137 posts) - - Show Bio
@NeonNemesis said:
"@Skies327 said:
" @NeonNemesis said:
Backing down to save lives isn't the same as backing down out of fear. I'm giving this one to Ganthet, barely. Those willpower smurfs are devastating. "
He didn't backed down when he had battery, besides, Hank was killing Lanterns in front of him and all he did was weep.  In BN he was suposelly a beast like he's suposelly now, because he was a blue energy Guardian with a GL ring, what did he do? He got nearly killed by the BLSpectre alongside the other Guardian and saved by Hal.  Guardians are overrated, they never did anything impressive, they struggled hard all of them to contain a galaxy, Thor by himself has contained an explosion that would clean 1/6 of the Universe, then they get punked by Krona, then they get punked by Nekron, then they get puked by Larfleeze, then they get punked by the Anti-Monitor, then they get punked by a weakened Anti-Monitor, then they needed one to explode in Doomsday face to BFR him, then they needed another to explode in Prime's face to BFR him. They are jobbers pure and simple, they are hyped to be powerfull only to job to the new threats "

excuse, but when did thor perfom this feat?
#23 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly I believe Darkseid stomps.
#24 Posted by ___Living_Tribunal_22__ (388 posts) - - Show Bio

Those will power smurfs have'nt done anything.

Those willpower smurfs can manipulate time and reality, matter and energy. Ganthet can crack a planet in half with a thought   

#25 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio
@NeonNemesis said:
Darkseid, he has intimidated the Guardians before, and Ganthet backing down to Hank recently while he killed Lanterns, doesn't make him look any good either.
#26 Posted by Out_of_Space (720 posts) - - Show Bio
@HolySerpent said:
ganthet and the other gaurdains are not fighters.... i think people need to stop putting them into fight. espeally against people like darkseid
i agree
#27 Posted by SlimJ87D (9931 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane Have the Guardians done anything impressive? What if it was all the Guardians vs Darkseid? I've been wondering this.

#28 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say they're comparable. If I had to venture a guess, I'd back the wielder of the Omega Force. But I'm biased.

#29 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (24861 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid should win, his showing exceed those of Ganthet.

#30 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

ganthet wins easily

#31 Edited by Saren (25674 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:

@citizenbane Have the Guardians done anything impressive? What if it was all the Guardians vs Darkseid? I've been wondering this.

Ganthet has done some nifty things ----- Parallax once possessed three Lanterns and amped them to the point that they could thrash the entire League in seconds. Ganthet showed up, shrugged off blasts from one of them (Kilowog) and roflstomped them one by one. In the same series, Kyle Rayner claimed Ganthet could crack the planet in half with a thought if he felt like it. Although his power level took a dive once he quit being a Guardian and had to rely on a ring alone. As a group, their showings go up and down. Doomday tore right through them, for instance. But their best collective showing would be the time they stopped a quantum singularity that was tearing chunks out of solar systems from destroying Oa.

As for all the Guardians vs Darkseid, it's sort of happened before. An army of Green Lanterns attacked Apokolips, Darkseid killed them all except for one that he kept as a warning to any others. Following this, the Guardians showed up and proposed a truce. Darkseid asked what would happen if he refused, they told him he was free to challenge their power if he felt he could win, and he decided not to risk it.

#32 Posted by SlimJ87D (9931 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: Thanks man, I appreciate it. That was more elaborate than this whole thread combined.

#33 Posted by Saren (25674 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Edited by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

Ganthet is a tough little bastard but I don't think he can take on Darkseid. He's out of his league.

Edit: Also, while it is a small nitpick, tanking a blast from Kilowog is not that badass. Kilowog's blasts seem to kind of suck.

#35 Posted by dondave (37436 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid

#36 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12184 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it'd be a legit fight, although Ganthlet barely has feats to prove it. Darkseid deciding not to go head to head with him makes me feel like he is more than formidable though....

#37 Posted by Dernman (15093 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna go with Darkseid. Guardians haven't impressed me in recent years and the fact that Hal killed one doesn't look to good for them.

#38 Posted by oceanmaster21 (8037 posts) - - Show Bio

darkseid wins

#39 Posted by Dextersinister (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid would win but going by power and main character status Ganthet would put up a fight. Any other Guardian bar Krona would have there head smushed within moments.

#40 Edited by lol (5097 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by ZeroPlus (2284 posts) - - Show Bio

Ganthet.