Thor has Odin Force

Fight to the death!

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So what's ganondorfs wish? Is it to kill thor then ganon wins (if it would work on a god/elder god hybrid)? If its to conquer hyrule or something like that he gets stomped

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Thor stomps.

Most of Ganondorf attacks are energy based, Thor can deflect them or absorb them rather easily. This will force to physical fight, and Thor is too strong and durable for The Evil King of Thieves.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Wolfrazer

If Ganon has the full Triforce then he isn't gonna be killed, he could just wish himself stronger then Thor or just kill him. The Triforce is gonna give Ganon, ultimate power pretty much, it created life, knowledge and so forth as it was explained in OoT

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By GhostRavage

Thor stomps.

Most of Ganondorf attacks are energy based, Thor can deflect them or absorb them rather easily. This will force to physical fight, and Thor is too strong and durable for The Evil King of Thieves.

Against Link and for the sake of game mechanics... He can alter reality, and if fighting at best Thor gets brainwashed and becomes the boss of the 6th temple in Zelda: Wrath's of Thunder.

Ganondorf is the avatar of the Power Force of the Triforce... He can't be defeated but sealed only by the Master Sword... He was BFR'd to the Twilight Zone and he came back, not to mention he was even more powerful given the fact he was in Energy Form and absorbed a bunch of Darkness there...

As a matter of fact, nothing can affect Ganondorf but the Master Sword wielded by the Chosen One... Its proven a plenty times in the Zelda Saga...

Thor has nothing on Ganondorf and he would probably die pretty quick... Given the fact that outside of game mechanics he can alter time and energy at will, his form, and yours as well... He can BFR you easily too... Immunity to everything but high holy magic and the Master Sword wielded by Link.

To sum it up... Thor dies. And this is a mismatch due to the invincibility Ganondorf represents when fighting anyone who isn't Link.

dakkad00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ No limits fallacy right there.

The godesses who created the triforce have shown no feats that surpass what Odin has done with a snap of his fingers, and he has been called an omnipotent by lesser beings (despite having true omnipotents in the Marvel 'verse), so that makes the "legends" describing the godesses as omnipotent a moot point.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dakkad00d: You're talking about my argument? If so, prove me wrong, when did i lie? Where is a fallacy when he has done everything i've said before.

natsuboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ganondorf murderstomps Thor he will trap him in the gap between dimensions where Thor will never escape gg

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cream_God

@natsuboi: he actually teleports through dimensions all the time

dakkad00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage It was actually aimed at @wolfrazer, but it somewhat applies too, sure Ganondorf wasn't killed by anything but the Master Sword, in his own Universe.

No - limits fallacy (NLF)

This is when someone states that because something has not demonstrated any limits (or only certain limits) then it has none (or only the ones demonstrated).

Example: "Itachisaid that no one without a Mangekyou Sharingan can defeat him. Therefore he can beat all of DC, Marvel, DBZ, and Tenchi Muyo."

The person in this argument holds Itachi's statement to be absolute truth, ignoring the possibility that Itachi has no knowledge of certain enemies, or never expected to encounter them. The same can be said of Kishimoto: He never intended for his characters to be pitted in battle against characters from other works of fiction, so therefore statements like this do not hold true to other works of fiction necessarily. Furthermore, there is the possibility that in - universe, Itachi was lying, bluffing, misinformed, or deluded.

Now, the Triforce is stated as omnipotent in its own universe, however all of its feats (and those of the godesses) are nothing compared to Odin's feats (with the Odin force), so its "omnipotence" is debatable at best, and probably just an adjective to describe it from its own universe perspective.

The 3 godesses used their powers to give life to a planet and then they left, Odin created planets and stars as a side effect to one of his battles, re-created Asgard from nothing, revived an entire race (a billion billion population [thats a quintillion]) with just his will alone.

Now, Thor has a force that has shown superior feats than the Triforce, now all he needs is a "holy" weapon created by a God... oh.. we already have a superior god (Odin) and guess what he gave his son? a Hammer enchanted by him, that can only be wielded by a worthy hero.

As for strength, speed and energy projection feats, give me a break, Ganon destroyed a large castle, Thor has broken planets and Surtur's sword (forged from the center of a galaxy), gone massive FTL and done galactic level storms.

TLDR: No limits fallacy exists, feats matter and...

No Caption Provided

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dakkad00d: My point wasn't really of that, just Ganon could just make a wish and become stronger then Thor or wish for whatever else.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GhostRavage

@dakkad00d: Nothing i've said its wrong. In the "Ocarina of Time" story arc it was stated those goddesses existed before anything. They are the Triforce, as explain by The great Deku tree... Nonetheless, if ignoring game mechanics there's no such limit as shooting energy bolts... and walking slowly towards you and wait for some "push A button" stuff... He indeed altered the reality in Hyrule, who supposedly is the entire Zelda Verse, even the city in the outsides of it where Majora's Mask story arc developed belongs to Hyrule. Ganondorf is a universe conqueror so to speak, given the fact he had the entire Zelda Verse at his feet at least 6 times in the entire Zelda saga.

As for the "No limits Fallacy" it does apply here, but its not a fallacy perse, the issue here is that Ganondorf doesn't have the slightest weakness for Thor to exploit, and that's his character. Being the ultimate being who only falls at the punishment of the Evil Bane sword, wielded by the Avatar of Courage, aka. the Links... If it was only the sword, then we could give Thor the Master Sword with Mjolnir amps to make it a fight, however, it needs to be one of the Links in order to use the banishment/sealing ability, as stated multiple times almost in every story arc which is the only thing someone can do to Ganondorf.

The whole plot of stopping Ganon from gaining the 3 forces is to stop his omnipotence... He managed to get 2 of the forces, wisdom and power, which allowed him to alter time, reality, consciousness, energy, and his physical form. However, he never managed to conquer the Courage entity which was Link, which at the same time is the Life entity, therefore he was still stoppable. Giving him the 3 forces is making him omnipotent in his own universe, same as PR Beyonder is in his Universe and TOAA is in Marvel.

In conclusion, the thread is making Ganondorf omnipotent in his own terms. But you're right with the last picture... This isn't even a match due to the lack of ways Thor has to put down Ganondorf. This should be made a lot more fair.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wolfrazer

@ghostravage: When did Ganon get Power and Wisdom? As I recall, he just had Power and with it shaped Hyrule into his liking and so forth, he never had Wisdom.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GhostRavage

@wolfrazer: He got Zelda trapped multiple times, giving him the ability to use her Force as well... Its explained in Ocarina Of Time as well, in the final battle, when he shows the fist to Link and has 2 triangles of the Triforce shining but one missing, Link in other words, and when you wake Zelda up, he loses the ability to shape shift and start losing control over his actions in the Zelda Verse... Showing his true pig like self. Not to mention, i think i've read somewhere that the whole medallions issue is a way to protect the wisdom force from being taken entirely.

EDIT! I was referring to Zelda's force, not Zelda/Sheik character.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: But Zelda was caught after the fact Ganon changed Hyrule using the Triforce of Power. In the cutscene with Ganon, Link and Zelda in OoT it just shows Ganon with the Triforce of Power he doesn't have Wisdom on his hand. Unless of course you are talking about another Zelda game...have only played OoT, MM, TP, the ones I can remember anyway.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Ganon was using the Wisdom Force when he did all that, he was infiltrated in the castle as one of the generals of the king to get close to Zelda in the first place... She knew it... She told link that he needed to go for the Master Sword before it was too late... Her force was split between the Temples as medallions. So Ganondorf didn't have all the force for himself, but he had it most of time in the story arc. He could never touch Link because he didn't know he existed. So yeah, Ganon kind of had that force too...

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: I haven't played OoT in forever, so my mind isn't up to date but....Zelda didn't have the Triforce of Wisdom beforehand did she? Unless all along, the trio had the pieces but then I ain't sure that makes much sense...but it could be possible. Though are you sure the Medallions were split between Zelda's Wisdom? Was this stated? Again...haven't played OoT in forever so...

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: We're on the same issue here... I have like a lot since i last played Zelda OoT... But im doing my best here to recall everything i read when i had this obsession with Zelda. Link needed to clear the Temples in order to call the guardians in order to wake up the Wisdom aspect of the Triforce from Zelda, who had lost it because of Ganon. All that, In order for her to help you against Ganon, given the fact the strongest of the Forces is Power, which is Ganon.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gannondorf murders Thor easily.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The Triforce doesn't even have the powers of the goddesses. It was just left behind by them, so who knows what the heck they do.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godtriggerhulk: The Triforce can grant any wish that the person desires....so, pretty self explanatory there.

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Triforce doesn't even have the powers of the goddesses. It was just left behind by them, so who knows what the heck they do.

This is true, but the Triforce not only means you're the personification of w/e piece you own, but also it gives you the experience of the past wielder.

So if Ganon had all three, he has at least 10 generations of experience from the personifications of Power, Intellect, and Courge (Will/bravery w/e)

Though it has no actual "power" it's a pretty important item.

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GodTriggerHulk

@wolfrazer:

What sort of wishes has it granted in the past?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wolfrazer

@godtriggerhulk: It has done the following wishes.

1. Just completely kill someone/something.

2. Flood Hyrule

3. Cleansing the evil in Sacred Realm after Ganon acquired it and also restoring peace to Hyrule.

If I am missing any GhostRavage, feel free to add on.

It hasn't been fully brought together a whole lot of times, but this is what we have and every wish thus far that has been made has happened. Plus this quote..

"It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder. That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted!"— Ganondorf

Now a character quote...is a character quote, and I know that someone is gonna say "well the Triforce hasn't made any big wishes such as restoring the universe or some blah, blah" this is true, however every other wish has been granted. So there isn't any reason to not believe that it can just grant whatever.

There hasn't been stated any limitations as to what The Triforce is able to grant.

Nokturnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godtriggerhulk: Wrong. The Triforce is omnipotent and is only a portion of the power of the Goddesses. You can make a wish from ts power (assuming you have it complete). Proof here:

http://www.hyrulehistoria.com/complete-history/p070/

You don't decide what Force you get from the Triforce. When someone gets the Triforce, if that person doesn't have the 3 Forces of the Triforce in balance, it will split and the person will only get one (the one that corresponds the most for said person). If the person has the 3 Forces in balance he/she/it can get it outright and get a wish. Just clarifying since there is some confusion.

Since Ganon has the Triforce, he wins via wish (omnipotent Triforce=no limits on the wish). If we go by feats, the Goddesses are universal beings, thus making the power of the Triforce universal at most. That would be a closer fight, IMO. Giving Ganon the full Triforce is not a good idea, it seems.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

KenLeo101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

ganondorf with full triforce and thor with no triforce

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nokturnus:

I haven't seen any really impressive "wishes" from the Triforce.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6891767abb2
deactivated-5c6891767abb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Mjolnir have power to aborb/banish evil ?