Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Huey_Freeman34
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
  • Random encounter
  • Standard weapons and armor
  • The fight takes place in The Pits seen in Spartacus, season 1.
Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

You'll just keep on making Spartacus vs. 300 threads and I'll just keeeeep on voting for the Spartacus characters....

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Never heard of either

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Themistocles

gingerpenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huey_freeman34: nice close quarters, it would be a crazy epic fight but Gannicus all the way

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

The first guy looks like a douchebag, so I vote for Themistocles

Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: well you did vote against Naevia so I thought I could count on your objective view for this battle.

@the_stegman: lol

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes but that's because Naevia was a crappy fighter in-universe and her only real fight was PIS. Seasoned gladiators like Gannicus should always win 1-on-1.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@joygirl said:

You'll just keep on making Spartacus vs. 300 threads and I'll just keeeeep on voting for the Spartacus characters....

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is so not fair to Themistocles. Gannicus has every single advantage here. Honestly, Gannicus can take on any major character from either 300 movie...blindfolded.

Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Huey_Freeman34

@shawnbaby: Blindfolded is a big stretch...Themistocles was a beast throughout the entire movie, even showing skills that surpassed those of Leonidas. Gannicus has more feats (of course) but a good argument can still be made for Themistocles. This could go either way.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Themistocles deflected a Damn arrow after it was shot while running and fighting during a rain storm. With his helmet..which was on his head.

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Themistocles's skill seems to reside in commanding troops and using strategic battle maneuvers. In a straight up fight, Gannicus, who spent his whole life facing one-on-ones against world class opponents, is more on home turf. And he does have a lot more feats.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Shawnbaby

@shawnbaby: Blindfolded is a big stretch...Themistocles was a beast throughout the entire movie, even showing skills that surpassed those of Leonidas. Gannicus has more feats (of course) but a good argument can still be made for Themistocles. This could go either way.

It's not going either way in a one on one battle in Arena like conditions. Gannicus is superior in terms of fighting skill and physical conditioning. Themistocles would lose against almost any of the Gladiators of House Batiatus. Even someone like Ashur, who was always considered the least among the Batiatus Brotherhood, could prove to be more than Themistocles could handle.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pikachumonster

Themistocles rode a horse into naval combat.. He gets my vote

Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: Ashur beating Themistocles? Ha! Whatever you're smokin' on right now, pass that. If you're going to lowball him that much then maybe we ought to just agree to disagree and end on that. Wow...Ashur lol

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: Ashur beating Themistocles? Ha! Whatever you're smokin' on right now, pass that. If you're going to lowball him that much then maybe we ought to just agree to disagree and end on that. Wow...Ashur lol

Like i said...he could prove to be more than Themistocles could handle...not that he definitely would. Ashur was the least amongst the brotherhood...and yet he still defeated three trained roman soldiers at the same time.

The Gladiators don't know much about tactics, formations, discipline, or fighting as a unit...but in a one on one battle...they are more than a match for any Soldier.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Themistocles was Captain America before Steve was even born. Dude kicked a armored man about three to four feet away into a wall hard enough to take him completely out of the fight.

Not to mention stalemating Artimnesia who was one of the greatest swords fighters in the 300 Universe.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Themistocles was Captain America before Steve was even born. Dude kicked a armored man about three to four feet away into a wall hard enough to take him completely out of the fight.

Not to mention stalemating Artimnesia who was one of the greatest swords fighters in the 300 Universe.

Gannicus stalemates Spartacus...who would wipe the floor with Artemesia.

Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Huey_Freeman34

@shawnbaby said:

@guardiandevil83 said:

Gannicus stalemates Spartacus...who would wipe the floor with Artemesia.

Themistocles fodderized a group of Immortals...the same Immortals that gave Leonidas and his army trouble. I really think you're underestimating him here. I'm not taking anything away from Gannicus but he hasn't done all that much to prove that he's above Themistocles. Furthermore, in character, he tends to slack at times during battle until he's either angered or motivated. And Spartacus definitely wouldn't wipe the floor with Artemisia either although I do agree that he would kill her.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huey_freeman34: Should maybe watch the two 300 movies again -- Leonidas and the brave 300 made the Immortals look like chumps. It was the second movie that even let you realize that the Immortals were pretty badass, because they actually gave a fight the Themistocles.

Meanwhile Gannicus murked like, what, a dozen? of the most skilled gladiators the arena had, all at once, each of them gunning for him simultaneously.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Joygirl

Actually, while I wouldn't immediately subscribe to Ashur defeating Themy one-on-one, that fight would be a lot closer than this one. Once his leg got better Ashur proved that he was actually a really skilled swordsman, not to mention cunning and tricksy, he was just small and, for the majority of the time, disabled on account of his leg. When he started improving he defeating a squadron of roman soldiers all at once and made it look pretty easy. He also easily defeated Naevia who had been getting direct training from Crixus for quite some time.

Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@huey_freeman34: Should maybe watch the two 300 movies again -- Leonidas and the brave 300 made the Immortals look like chumps. It was the second movie that even let you realize that the Immortals were pretty badass, because they actually gave a fight the Themistocles.

Meanwhile Gannicus murked like, what, a dozen? of the most skilled gladiators the arena had, all at once, each of them gunning for him simultaneously.

Maybe you should watch the Gods of the Arena again. Gannicus didn't take out all of those gladiators out by himself. He took down the last few of them after he saved (the inexperienced) Crixus from certain death and I feel like Crixus assisted him before that IRCC. I don't remember exactly how many he took down but it wasn't anywhere near all of them.

@joygirl said:

@huey_freeman34 said:

Actually, while I wouldn't immediately subscribe to Ashur defeating Themy one-on-one, that fight would be a lot closer than this one. Once his leg got better Ashur proved that he was actually a really skilled swordsman, not to mention cunning and tricksy, he was just small and, for the majority of the time, disabled on account of his leg. When he started improving he defeating a squadron of roman soldiers all at once and made it look pretty easy. He also easily defeated Naevia who had been getting direct training from Crixus for quite some time.

Despite Crixus' training, Naevia was still inexperienced at the time of her fight with Ashur so him puttin' whoopin' on her wasn't really impressive, neither was his rally against 3 fodder soldiers. Season 3 Naevia would've dispatched and decapped him pretty easily.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huey_freeman34:

Well lets rank the swordspersons then

Gannicus = Spartacus - Shown by the fact they stalemated

Artemesia = Themistocles - Shown by the fact that they stalemated

Spartacus > Artemesia - By your own admission.

Gannicus > Themistocles.

Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: I've saw all of that when I watched the show..I don't really know what I'm supposed to do with that lol. But yeah, Gannicus was a monster but so is Themistocles.

Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huey_freeman34:

Artemesia < Themistocles - Shown by the fact that he beat her.

Gannicus = Themistocles.

Fixed that for you.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Joygirl

@shawnbaby said:

@huey_freeman34:

Artemesia = Themistocles - Shown by the fact that they stalemated

Gannicus > Themistocles.

Or we could rank them by feats.

Themistocles

• Was a respected general.
  • Did well against fodder and decently against elite fodder.
  • Defeated Artemisia (whose feats focus primarily on hearsay and acting like a badass)

Gannicus

• Was champion of the arena -- earned his freedom.
  • Did well against fodder, elite fodder, and trained (if unnamed) gladiators, sometimes more than one at a time.
  • Stalemated Spartacus (who was champion of the arena and defeated the Shadow of Death).
  • Stalemated Oenimaeus (who was champion of the pits and also survived the Shadow of Death).
  • Owned Crixus multiple times (who was champion of the arena).
  • Killed the Egyptian (who killed Oenimaeus).

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Oenimaeus lost to the Shadow of Death. His victory was that he survived longer than any other Gladiator.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: Gah, yeah, you're right.

But he was also a kid when he did it.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Shawnbaby

@joygirl said:

@shawnbaby: Gah, yeah, you're right.

But he was also a kid when he did it.

He wasn't a kid...he was at the height of his career.

He was just finished recovering from the wounds inflicted by Theokoles at the time Crixus joined the house of Batiatus.

Still...the very fact that he stood alone against a monster like Theokoles without dying is a feat in and of itself.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: Why is my memory of Oenimaeus so f***ed up? O_o

Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Huey_Freeman34

Bump

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gannicus

Avatar image for annoyedimmortalspirit
AnnoyedImmortalSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gannicus blindfolded hahaha

ShiZZmAhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gannicus.

Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last bump since Gannicus is stomping Themistocles in the votes.

Mayan_Fist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mayan_Fist

Not sure why everyone is saying that this is a stomp...It's actually a pretty good match-up.

Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure why everyone is saying that this is a stomp...It's actually a pretty good match-up.

That's what I said but...

gingerpenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xtreamrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Gannicus drunk or sober?

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Vertigo-

Gannicus straight up lolstomps his ass

Godren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blood rains down from an angry sky my cock rages!

Gannicus wrecks.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Themistocles stomps, though that blind fight is really good