Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By namezero12345

@Strider92 said:

@name12345 said:

Gannicus both

Any reasons?

yeah,

R1 - Bane is stronger, but Gannicus know about the mask, and i think he would be able to remove it and win.

R2 - Gannicus used to fight regularly against big guys like Bane, an unarmed Bane stand no chance.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Xanni15

Bane both rounds. Being unarmed favors him, and I still believe Batman got in a lucky shot to break the mask. Bruce was supposed to be incredibly intelligent but even he didn't think to bust up the mask, and even after doing so Bane wasn't completely utilized.

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ChaosMarvel

@name12345 said:

Gannicus both

What he said. Gannicus has feats to put him above Batman in terms of strength and Bruce was still able to put Bane down. Not mention Gannicus is likely more skilled than Nolan's Batman. Gannicus wins in a good fight. In round 2 Bane gets butchered. He has no standard gear that can even the odds and fights with his fists. In an open area like this Gannicus will gut him without much trouble. Bane doesn't have the feats to match up in this round. The first round would be good to watch though.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bigcimmerian

@ChaosMarvel said:

@name12345 said:

Gannicus both

What he said. Gannicus has feats to put him above Batman in terms of strength and Bruce was still able to put Bane down. Not mention Gannicus is likely more skilled than Nolan's Batman. Gannicus wins in a good fight. In round 2 Bane gets butchered. He has no standard gear that can even the odds and fights with his fists. In an open area like this Gannicus will gut him without much trouble. Bane doesn't have the feats to match up in this round. The first round would be good to watch though.

You are underestimating Bane and Batman, Bruce defeated around 20 thugs in first movie in matter of seconds, he also took down 2 SWAT teams and Bane defeated him, I know it was weakened Batman, but still it is great feat. Bane was smashing concrete with his punches, 2 hits and Gannicus is gone.

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ChaosMarvel

@BigCimmerian said:

You are underestimating Bane and Batman, Bruce defeated around 20 thugs in first movie in matter of seconds, he also took down 2 SWAT teams and Bane defeated him, I know it was weakened Batman, but still it is great feat. Bane was smashing concrete with his punches, 2 hits and Gannicus is gone.

Not really. They were as you say thugs. Unarmed thugs against Batman's superior tech and a surprise attack. Gannicus took down 20 gladiators (in Spartacus Vengeance the number was given) in the Primus. Not thugs fully trained and armed gladiators. They would butcher any thug Batman faced in his series in close quaters. Asha even proved it by taking on Romans completely unarmed to show the difference in skill between Gladiators and normal soldiers. The SWAT team was done with the aid of prep and gadgets neither of which apply here. Bane as you said took down a weakened Batman a man who even in his prime was weaker than Gannicus physically. The Gladiators in Spartacus have borderline superhuman strength in the first season Spartacus was seen cracking a stone wall with his fists and Gannics fought him on equal footing. Gannicus was even slammed into concrete in Gods Of The Arena and it barely phased him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ChaosMarvel said:

@BigCimmerian said:

Not really. They were as you say thugs. Gannicus took down 20 gladiators (in Spartacus Vengeance the number was given) in the Primus. Not thugs fully trained and armed gladiators. They would butcher any thug Batman faced in his series in close quaters. Asha even proved it by taking on Romans completely unarmed to show the difference in skill between Gladiators and normal soldiers. The SWAT team was done with the aid of prep and gadgets neither of which apply here. Bane as you said took down a weakened Batman man who even in his prime was weaker than Gannicus physically. The Gladiators in Spartacus have borderline superhuman strength in the first season Spartacus was seen cracking a stone wall with his fists and Gannics fought him on equal footing. Gannicus was even slammed into concrete in Gods Of The Arena and it barely phased him.

Actually half of those guys were slaves that aren't at all trained to fight that well.

With that being said, Gannicus still wins.

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ChaosMarvel

@soaringturkeys: The season finale was the Primus. They were fully trained Gladiators as only the best were allowed to fight in it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ChaosMarvel said:

@soaringturkeys: The season finale was the Primus. They were fully trained Gladiators as only the best were allowed to fight in it.

I stand corrected.

(see what i did there? spartacus speak :P)

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By laflux

@ChaosMarvel said:

To be fair, they weren't all attacking him. It was more a free for all. What I find even more impressive was they way he was able to best a whole entire Garrison of Soldiers were supposed to be protecting Lucretia with literally no effort, as well as him, Spartacus and Crixus efforts in killing those Roman Generals after going through what seemed to be 30-50 Romans?

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lady_liberty

Movie Bane's best skill feat is fighting Batman, and movie Batman wasn't very skilled. Gannicus has the edge in everything but strength.

Round one is Banes best round, his durability and strength will come into play here. Gannicus still might win, so great is his skill advantage. Knowledge of the mask helps Gannicus a lot.

Round two is Gannicus all the way. His skills and weaponry will overwhelm Bane in fairly short order.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By Strider1992

@laflux said:

To be fair, they weren't all attacking him. It was more a free for all. What I find even more impressive was they way he was able to best a whole entire Garrison of Soldiers were supposed to be protecting Lucretia with literally no effort, as well as him, Spartacus and Crixus efforts in killing those Roman Generals after going through what seemed to be 30-50 Romans?

Yeah that latest feat was insane. They went through a huge amount of Romans trying open that gate with relative ease. Having said that I see Chaos's point. As he/she said Asha proved that Romans were no match for a well trained and fully functional gladiator. Even with his messed up leg, not being the best gladiator at fighting and a wooden sword he took a lot of them to school.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By laflux

@Strider92 said:

@laflux said:

Yeah that latest feat was insane. They went through a huge amount of Romans trying open that gate with relative ease. Having said that I see Chaos's point. As he/she said Asha proved that Romans were no match for a well trained and fully functional gladiator. Even with his messed up leg, not being the best gladiator at fighting and a wooden sword he took a lot of them to school.

IIRC correctly, Ashur did have a proper sword but no Armor. On a slightly more divergent topic, I do feel the show does make the Romans to be somewhat fodder. Take Nasir and Naviea for example. Both had literally no combat experience before vengeance, now they are killing multiple Roman with ease- with Nasir even deciding to fight with a spear,well, because she can.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wolfrazer
@laflux said:

@Strider92 said:

@laflux said:

IIRC correctly, Ashur did have a proper sword but no Armor. On a slightly more divergent topic, I do feel the show does make the Romans to be somewhat fodder. Take Nasir and Naviea for example. Both had literally no combat experience before vengeance, now they are killing multiple Roman with ease- with Nasir even deciding to fight with a spear,well, because she can.

Ya that does kinda annoy me, but then again time does move forward and pretty much every person was trained in combat by gladiators who are worth more then a few Roman soldiers. However yes it does still bother me that they are able to actually best Roman soldiers with seemingly ease, when in truth the only ones that should be doing so would be the actual gladiators.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wolfrazer: The Roman soldiers are heavily demoralised though. Which is what I think is the romans ruin. What would happen to a soldier when he sees his 10+ of his comrades be taken down by one gladiator? He would fear everyone and thus would be his own undoing.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wolfrazer
@soaringturkeys said:

@Wolfrazer: The Roman soldiers are heavily demoralised though. Which is what I think is the romans ruin. What would happen to a soldier when he sees his 10+ of his comrades be taken down by one gladiator? He would fear everyone and thus would be his own undoing.

Probably right.
Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Xanni15

@Lady_Liberty said:

Movie Bane's best skill feat is fighting Batman, and movie Batman wasn't very skilled. Gannicus has the edge in everything but strength.

Round one is Banes best round, his durability and strength will come into play here. Gannicus still might win, so great is his skill advantage. Knowledge of the mask helps Gannicus a lot.

Round two is Gannicus all the way. His skills and weaponry will overwhelm Bane in fairly short order.

I think saying Batman wasn't very skilled is inaccurate. He was very skilled, it was just that Bane was even more skilled and combined with his obvious physical advantages he was able to defeat Batman twice.

ImmortalT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ImmortalT1000

Bane stomps

both rounds.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lady_liberty

@Xanni15: Perhaps. I never was very impressed with Movie Batman's hand to hand feats to be honest. Although I'm open to an argument that would convince me otherwise ;-)

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By laflux

@ImmortalT1000 said:

Bane stomps

both rounds.

How so?

ImmortalT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ImmortalT1000

@laflux said:

@ImmortalT1000 said:

Bane stomps

both rounds.

How so?

Banes alot stronger. More durable too.

He broke Batmans back

he will do the same to Gannicus.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Xanni15

@Lady_Liberty said:

@Xanni15: Perhaps. I never was very impressed with Movie Batman's hand to hand feats to be honest. Although I'm open to an argument that would convince me otherwise ;-)

Oh, me either. I'm not a fan of the Nolan Batman, tried to be realistic but failed. :P

Still, I would argue that Batman was trained by the supposed best throughout the world, including what I am assuming is the best in Ra's. Bane was also trained by Ra's, and he bested Batman twice. We saw Batman take on various opponents off varying skill levels, yet I would think Bane would beat all of them. It's not just his physical attributes, though those too, but also his skill. I'm not very well versed in who Bane is facing, but I would say that Bane takes the first round, and loses the second..

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lady_liberty

@Xanni15: Sure, I would agree the Batman was trained by the best in his world, and in time became one of the best martial artists in his universe.

But they are not as good as the best in Gannicus's universe.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Xanni15

@Lady_Liberty said:

@Xanni15: Sure, I would agree the Batman was trained by the best in his world, and in time became one of the best martial artists in his universe.

But they are not as good as the best in Gannicus's universe.

Based off what? I don't really know that universe well.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lady_liberty

@Xanni15: Batman requires gadgets, armor, advanced technology stealth and surprise to deal with his foes. People in Gannicus's universe just wade in and start cutting down soldiers.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Xanni15

@Lady_Liberty said:

@Xanni15: Batman requires gadgets, armor, advanced technology stealth and surprise to deal with his foes. People in Gannicus's universe just wade in and start cutting down soldiers.

Bane doesn't.

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ChaosMarvel

@Xanni15 said:

@Lady_Liberty said:

Bane doesn't.

The difference is Batman only has three movies and while impressive not really a top tier fighter. Gannicus has 3 seasons worth of feats armed and unarmed against multiple established characters aside from those he also has multiple feats of taking on upward of 20 Romans and butchering them with ease on a regular basis.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By New_World_Order

I think this is where they came up with Phoenix Force Namors costume from.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Shawnbaby

Gannicus..he fought and killed another Gladiator while blindfolded.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Xanni15

@ChaosMarvel said:

@Xanni15 said:

@Lady_Liberty said:

Bane doesn't.

The difference is Batman only has three movies and while impressive not really a top tier fighter. Gannicus has 3 seasons worth of feats armed and unarmed against multiple established characters aside from those he also has multiple feats of taking on upward of 20 Romans and butchering them with ease on a regular basis.

I was just making an argument for Bane since most were going against him.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Xanni15

@Shawnbaby said:

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING! The shadows betray you, because they belong to me!"

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Shawnbaby

@Xanni15 said:

@Shawnbaby said:

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING! The shadows betray you, because they belong to me!"

All tha shows is Bane has decent Night Vision. Doesn't prove he can fight while blind.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Xanni15

@Shawnbaby said:

@Xanni15 said:

@Shawnbaby said:

All tha shows is Bane has decent Night Vision. Doesn't prove he can fight while blind.

It was more of a joke, but okay. And I don't see how you deduced decent night vision out of that.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Shawnbaby

@Xanni15 said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Xanni15 said:

@Shawnbaby said:

It was more of a joke, but okay. And I don't see how you deduced decent night vision out of that.

Because Batman couldn't hide in the dark from him.

Gannicus8282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Gannicus8282

@name12345: anything less would be uncivilized lol

Gannicus8282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

USSJ3071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gannicus: jupiter's cock!

bane: your spirit is admirable but-

*stab*

gannicus: your head is parted from neck!