#1 Edited by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

10,000 PE (Prohibition Era AMERICAN. Emphasize on the word AMERICAN) Gangsters

vs 10,000 ME (Modern Era AMERICAN. When I mean American, I mean AMERICAN) Gangstas

in the City of Chicago (deserted)

Famous Criminals from each respective era are allowed if they are indeed are a famous criminal and have been in gang.

Each side is allowed the weapons of their era; with the ME “gangstas” restricted so as to only have reasonably acquired counterparts to everything the PE Gangsters have.

Any technological advantage the ME “gangstas” have is eliminated.

Its just them, their weapons, and the city of Chicago.

Who would win?

#2 Posted by THC (367 posts) - - Show Bio

Bone Thugs challenge them to a rap battle and stomp hard

#3 Posted by dondave (34429 posts) - - Show Bio

Modern Gangsters

#4 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio

Prohibition Gangsters tell them to pull up their pants.

#5 Edited by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Modern Gangsters

Why? They don't really have any tech advantage...or intelligence advantage...

Certainly not a class advantage.

#6 Posted by Skit (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

N.W.A and Wu-Tang Clan solo.

#7 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@skit said:

N.W.A and Wu-Tang Clan solo.

Ha! I love the amount of non-seriousness in this thread.

#8 Edited by Marshall_Long (1870 posts) - - Show Bio

Spite thread Based God solos.

#9 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Marshall_Long (1870 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite: He's a rapper named Lil B and a terrible one at that.

#11 Posted by Trollheim (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Couldn't have bumped the already existing old vs new gangster thread?

Anyways, Mexican cartels stomp American prohibition gangs. They have actual armed forces to protect their trade. Their methods are vastly more sophisticated and yet at the same time vastly more brutal. Their profit margins are also vastly larger than prohibition gangs. Just... no contest really. American prohibition gangs were dismantled by police, Mexican cartels are at war with military forces, and holding their own (actually, they're growing in size).

#12 Edited by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyways, Mexican cartels stomp American prohibition gangs. They have actual armed forces to protect their trade. Their methods are vastly more sophisticated and yet at the same time vastly more brutal. Their profit margins are also vastly larger than prohibition gangs. Just... no contest really. American prohibition gangs were dismantled by police, Mexican cartels are at war with military forces, and holding their own (actually, they're growing in size).

Who said the Mexican cartels were in play?

#13 Edited by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, I'm fairly certain the families are still around.

#14 Posted by Trollheim (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@trollheim said:

Members of Mexican cartels are gangsters.

#15 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@trollheim said:

I know. But they're not gangstas, and I'm talking about the good ol' US of A because, if I didn't, then what's to stop the Russians or Yakuza or Triads from coming into play?

#16 Posted by Trollheim (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@trollheim said:

@perezite said:

@trollheim said:

I know. But they're not gangstas, and I'm talking about the good ol' US of A because, if I didn't, then what's to stop the Russians or Yakuza or Triads from coming into play?

Nothing. Which is why Prohibition era gangsters lose.

#17 Edited by Funsiized (3585 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@trollheim said:

@perezite said:

@trollheim said:

Nothing But the OP that says "AMERICAN"

#18 Posted by zr0c00l (856 posts) - - Show Bio

45 caliber 50 shot thompson machine gun vs 9mm semi auto handgun means prohibition gangsters have tech advantage.

#19 Edited by Trollheim (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@trollheim said:

@perezite said:

@trollheim said:

@perezite said:

@trollheim said:

He edited that in.

#20 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@zr0c00l said:

45 caliber 50 shot thompson machine gun vs 9mm semi auto handgun means prohibition gangsters have tech advantage.

Uzi. Last I checked, that had its own advantages.

#21 Posted by Funsiized (3585 posts) - - Show Bio

@trollheim: Yes, But its there now, and its what he intended from the beginning i would assume, Regardless, PE Gangsters win now.

#22 Edited by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@trollheim said:

@funsiized said:

@trollheim said:

@perezite said:

@trollheim said:

@perezite said:

@trollheim said:

He edited that in.

Because I gave viners too much credit that they'd know that Gangstas are American.

#23 Edited by Trollheim (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@funsiized said:

@trollheim: Yes, But its there now, and its what he intended from the beginning i would assume

If he intended it to be spite, sure. Mexican cartel operations make up a large portion of organized crime in the US though, so honestly it is pretty stupid not to include them. That's why I specifically mentioned them rather than say, Yakuza, which operate on the other side of the world and don't have much, if any, US presence.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=211583255200445972949.0004db306f524dc7f6bc3&ie=UTF8&t=m&source=embed&ll=38.272689,-96.152344&spn=32.935553,56.25&z=4

Map of cartel penetration in the US. They're pretty much everywhere. Mexican drug cartels are the modern Mafia. It would be like arguing Italian Mafia shouldn't be included in a thread about Mafioso in the US due to them originating in Italty.

#24 Edited by Funsiized (3585 posts) - - Show Bio

@trollheim: I don't know why your linking this to me. i stated my opinion, And it was Valid when i came, and still Valid now.You can tell by the OP Picture that he meant the Everyday "thugs" you see around Harlem, Detroit etc. but im done here.

#25 Edited by THC (367 posts) - - Show Bio

By the picture yes you would assume he meant thugs, but that's highly unrealistic despite my joke response

He obviously meant actual gangsters like Bloods and Crips, who are loaded with mac-10s and military grade firearms, just like primarily Mexican/Central American gangs like the MS-13.

#26 Posted by Trollheim (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@trollheim: I don't know why your linking this to me. i stated my opinion, And it was Valid when i came, and still Valid now.You can tell by the OP Picture that he meant the Everyday "thugs" you see around Harlem, Detroit etc. but im done here.

If you say X vs Justice League, and then include a picture of say, Booster Gold, does that automatically mean we aren't including anyone but Booster Gold? So then if they beat Booster Gold, they beat the entire Justice League? Seems like a way of twisting things around.

#27 Edited by Funsiized (3585 posts) - - Show Bio

@trollheim: I get your point, but a Better Example in this situation would be "Saying Justice League Vs. X and then having a picture of the Justice League, Without Martian Manhunter, or fire and ice" It's not twisting anything. It was pretty Strait Forward, and I was able to easily Grasp what he meant by the OP. Even with out the Emphasized 'Americans.' guess it Varies from person to person. *shrug* anyways, im done. please don't respond to me. this thread is pointless.

#28 Posted by Immortal777 (6884 posts) - - Show Bio

Modern Gangsters have better weapons and gear.

#29 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Russian Bratva comes out of nowhere and f*cks them both up. They have the organized setup of the Sicilian Mafia and the firepower (plus more) of the modern poser gangstas.

#30 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

Modern Gangsters have better weapons and gear.

Not really...or necessarily...

#31 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

One more thing. Prohibition era gangsters are not the peak of organized crime. It came after that (towards the end of the Castallamarese War) with the rise of the Unified Five Families in cooperation with the Chicago Outfit in what would be known as the Commission.

#32 Edited by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@thc said:

By the picture yes you would assume he meant thugs, but that's highly unrealistic despite my joke response

He obviously meant actual gangsters like Bloods and Crips, who are loaded with mac-10s and military grade firearms, just like primarily Mexican/Central American gangs like the MS-13.

I did mean thugs.

#33 Posted by zr0c00l (856 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite: uzi is israeli made and hard to get in the states even more so by everyday hood gangsters an ak 47 here and there is more likely but nowhere near the amount of american made thompsons can be obtained by the prohibition (and laughable gun law) era guys.

Second an uzi has a higher rate of fire but less accuracy and is a 9mm compared to a .45 caliber thompson. Meaning way more stopping power. Also most uzi dont have 50 shot clips without extended clips. Advantage prohibition.

#34 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on who has the most money and the overall situation. Old prohibiton gangsters are more organized, Modern gangsters have better guerrilla tactics. 1930s gangsters probably win since there chiefs payed off and provided services for big politicians and law enforcement, and these guys can even have local laws made to a certain extent, and this is how you control a city. Plus they dressed to fit better into society, and not to purposely look like social outcasts, which will bring the attention of cops.

#35 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@zr0c00l said:

@perezite: uzi is israeli made and hard to get in the states even more so by everyday hood gangsters an ak 47 here and there is more likely but nowhere near the amount of american made thompsons can be obtained by the prohibition (and laughable gun law) era guys.

Second an uzi has a higher rate of fire but less accuracy and is a 9mm compared to a .45 caliber thompson. Meaning way more stopping power. Also most uzi dont have 50 shot clips without extended clips. Advantage prohibition.

I know. I was just trying to through something out there in the hopes of sparking an actual debate here.

#36 Edited by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on who has the most money and the overall situation. Old prohibition gangsters are more organized, Modern gangsters have better guerrilla tactics.

Gangstas man. MODERN GANGSTAS.

Also, if by better guerrilla tactics, you mean, walking up to someone, shooting them a lot, and then running away like hell...not really...I'm fairly certain they were doing that even way back then...

#37 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite:

Yea but gangsters now are more likely to attack law enforcement which is dumb, they did it back then too but now its more likely to happen. But it doesn't mean they win this battle

#38 Edited by THC (367 posts) - - Show Bio

#39 Edited by Immortal777 (6884 posts) - - Show Bio

So basically this is the stereotype gangsta the random street hoodlum instead of the gangstas that are actually organized.

#40 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

So basically this is the stereotype gangsta the random street hoodlum instead of the gangstas that are actually organized.

Yes. It's the old school, classier, real deal gangster vs the street hoodlum Gangstas that have taken the name Gangster, turned it into Gangsta (because poor literacy is KEWL!) and have shaped the image of the Gangster into its more modern school, less classy perception.

#41 Posted by Trollheim (243 posts) - - Show Bio
@perezite said:

@immortal777 said:

Yes. It's the old school, classier, real deal gangster vs the street hoodlum Gangstas that have taken the name Gangster, turned it into Gangsta (because poor literacy is KEWL!) and have shaped the image of the Gangster into its more modern school, less classy perception.

So basically you're bitter about how the term gangster is used, and want to make a spite match out of it?

#42 Edited by BadVoodoo (381 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite: Op change the thread to
Black Gangs vs Old School Gangsters to make it more even. Mexican gangs would hardcore STOMP the old school gangsters.

I think this is a good thread, it suck how much trolling is going on =/

#43 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@immortal777 said:

So basically you're bitter about how the term gangster is used, and want to make a spite match out of it?

Nope. I just copy pasted the match from another site, rule for rule, and put it on here to see what people though on this site as opposed to that site.

#44 Posted by THC (367 posts) - - Show Bio

#45 Edited by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite:

Op change the thread to

Black Gangs vs Old School Gangsters

to make it more even. Mexican gangs would hardcore STOMP the old school gangsters.

I think this is a good thread, it suck how much trolling is going on =/

Considering that I said AMERICAN GangSTAS...I'm fairly certain black gangs is HEAVILY implied already. Also, Mexican gangs would stomp anyone who wasn't prepared for military grade scorched earth, so they're on a level that'd be like the Terran Dominion vs the UNSC on the ground. Inherently incomparable with an obvious answer and outcome that should not be used because of this fact (like Alien X going up against non reality warpers).

#46 Posted by Trollheim (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@trollheim said:

Nope. I just copy pasted the match from another site, rule for rule, and put it on here to see what people though on this site as opposed to that site.

Oh, factpile. Haven't seen a good match on there in a while. 80% of the crap from there is spite. Batman vs Goku? lol.

#47 Posted by THC (367 posts) - - Show Bio

#48 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@trollheim said:

Oh, factpile. Haven't seen a good match on there in a while. 80% of the crap from there is spite. Batman vs Goku? lol.

You...do realize that Batman vs. Goku was YEARS ago, right?

#49 Posted by THC (367 posts) - - Show Bio