• 172 results
#1 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

Some LOTR vs. Harry Potter action here, team battle. Who wins. Team 1 or Team 2? 

Personally, I think Team 1 takes it.

#2 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio

if there is no morals then team two if there is idk
#3 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 in a terrible curbstomp.

#4 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

No morals?
#5 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@MKF30 said:
"No morals? "
well if theres none then team two casts killing curse and ends it
#6 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio

Staffs > wands imo. 
#7 Posted by FLCL1 (9580 posts) - - Show Bio

intesting thread
#8 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@DC_Marvel_1000: team 1 are full of immortals.
#9 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 can do probably far worse damage without morals, Saruman is already evil...I can only imagine if Gandalf the White was evil...forget about it since he's more powerful then Sarumen(Gandalf The White) he would counter anything Potter and Dumble would throw at him. 

But yeah, Staffs>>Wands ^ is a good point. And I forgot, Gandalf and Saruman are also far, far older then Team 2, thus giving them more experience as another factor.
#10 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000: team 1 are full of immortals. "

there not immortal, gandalf was only sent back due to plot
#11 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that's usually why most characters are brought back from the dead in any series lol. Plot or they're too popular to die. We've seen this with Superman to Optimus Prime and tons of people in between lol and after
#12 Edited by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

Come to think of it, a lot of big series or franchises do that at some point with someone lol. You know? 

At any rate, I'm pretty certain that Gandalf is more of a spirit that's existed for a while. One reason how he survived from Balrog fight I believe.
#13 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" there not immortal, gandalf was only sent back due to plot "
Gandalf is a Maiar spirit, and is without question immortal. His physical form can be destroyed, but he does not die. Gandalf and Saruman combined would wipe out everyone in the Harry Potter books. This battle is farcical. People need to start reading LotR instead of just watching the movies.
#14 Posted by Lunacyde (19084 posts) - - Show Bio

And read the Silmarrillion as well, that really lets you know what going on.

#15 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lunacyde said:
" And read the Silmarrillion as well, that really lets you know what going on. "
It took me 3 tries to finally understand that damn book.
#16 Posted by krisboyz781 (955 posts) - - Show Bio

team 2

#17 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@krisboyz781 said:
" team 2 "
based on?
#18 Posted by Lunacyde (19084 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably the hardest book i've ever read that wasn't required for class. I love it and hate it.

#19 Posted by JThree47693 (2538 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems that Team 1 curbstomps

#20 Posted by Dessolution (193 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lunacyde said:
" Probably the hardest book i've ever read that wasn't required for class. I love it and hate it. "
Seriously? I put the damn book down after i got tired of seeing the author rambling on about the lambas break or some crap for two pages long.
#21 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lunacyde said: 

" And read the Silmarrillion as well, that really lets you know what going on. "

Just read all 12 volumes of The History of Middle Earth. That  really  lets you know what's going on.
#22 Posted by Arsenal (214 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 stomps.

#23 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lunacyde said:
" Probably the hardest book i've ever read that wasn't required for class. I love it and hate it. "
LOL I couldn't stand it one bit..But I love when the Balrogs where introduced.
#24 Edited by Immortal13 (254 posts) - - Show Bio

Gandalf could beat Dumbledore and Harry on his own easily and so could Saruman, they are deities. Plus Harry isn't a good fighter at all, most of his strength comes from luck, friends, and his mother's protection.
#25 Posted by Dessolution (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Luck has a knack for going a long way. Never underestimate luck. 

Besides, how do these so called "deities" handle transfiguration magic? 

"ooooh I turned you into a bunny."

#26 Posted by Lunacyde (19084 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @Lunacyde said: 

Just read all 12 volumes of The History of Middle Earth. That  really  lets you know what's going on.
"
I'm not quite on that level of geekdom lol
#27 Posted by Immortal13 (254 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dessolution :
I don't think they would be affected or even touched by it. Both Gandalf and Saruman are immortals, although their human forms can die, they themselves cannot. Hence why Gandalf was able to come back as the White Wizard, taking the title and power from Saruman. Gandalf and Saruman are Istari, they are in a whole other league, simple mortal spells aren't going to effect them much. 
#28 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @Lunacyde said: 

"
I need those.
#29 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lunacyde said:
" I'm not quite on that level of geekdom lol "
Not many people are, but I can dream.

@geraldthesloth said:
"I need those. "
If you didn't like The Silmarillion, you're going to detest the histories.
#30 Posted by Lunacyde (19084 posts) - - Show Bio

Foolish man of flesh.

#31 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @Lunacyde said:
" I'm not quite on that level of geekdom lol "
Not many people are, but I can dream.

@geraldthesloth said:
"I need those. "
If you didn't like The Silmarillion, you're going to detest the histories. "
I liked the silmarillion, just not the beginning :)
#32 Posted by ihateicarly (132 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1. Harry Potter is an overrated copy of Star Wars.

#33 Posted by Fortified_Hooligan (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

Star wars follows the tradition of the hero tale. Every story that resembles the hero tale will seem like it is a rip off of star wars because GL followed the blue-print to the letter. It is not the first, or most original, it is just the most well known. 

Team 1 stomps. They have extensive knowledge. They were better than Dumbledore thousands of years ago.
#34 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, the books of LOTR actually had more info then the movies(the movies believe it or not left out a few elements) such as Gandalf, Saruman's past. They used to be good friends, work together, Treebeard, Spider etc 

I soo can't wait for the Hobbit, should be fun seeing the Dragons! :)
#35 Posted by rein (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought that god locked team ones power so that they "could lead through inspiration and not fear"

#36 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, yeah that was why Gandalf fought Saruman or at least one reason. Saruman became a traitor and evil where Gandalf wanted to stand against fear and evil.
#37 Posted by High Revolutionary (3166 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1.

Team two would have been better off if they had Voldey instead of Harry.

#38 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@ihateicarly said:
" Team 1. Harry Potter is an overrated copy of Star Wars. "
#39 Posted by Fortified_Hooligan (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, harry is an albatross here.
#40 Posted by High Revolutionary (3166 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL @ Albatorss. 

I think Voldemort would hold out much better than Dumbldore here, he'd go all out and rage it out.

#41 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9728 posts) - - Show Bio

team 1 stomps.......
but wait dumbledore sacrificed himself to protect harry from a horrible killing curse from galdalf and saruman. when gandalf and saruman went in for the kill the power of love and sacrifice made the curse rebound and send the two mages into a half life.
harry potter is now the boy who lived.........twice!!!

harry wins. only survivor.

#42 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" @Korg said:
" @Lunacyde said: 

"
I need those. "

Ditto, I can't seem to ever find them.  

Personally, i think this battle isn't tooo far overmatched if u think about the limitations placed on Gandalf and Saruman, that may have been what the OP had in mind. They can't use all their might as Maiar while on Middle Earth. Even so, the seperation of Experience is what decides this battle. Harry is a boy, and isn't going to last long in this duel at all. Leaving Dumbledore on his own with two beings who are at worst his equal on their bad days. I'll be fair and say he gets off one Killings curse and catches Saruman by suprise, right b4 Gandalf pile-drives him into the floor. A better fight would have been Saruman and Gandalf vs Harry Dresden and Ebenezer McCoy on Demonreach Island. (Let's see how many people know bout that.)
#43 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

They're not that easy to find ^ lol online is your best bet.  My father got me into the LOTR saga, has the original books from 50 years ago when he was little....pages are yellow, fragile still lol. 

I want to get a new pack literally

#44 Posted by SSGL1 (214 posts) - - Show Bio

i will kill both teams with my spoon

#45 Posted by SSGL1 (214 posts) - - Show Bio
@ihateicarly:
i do too
#46 Posted by AworkofArt123 (266 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1

#47 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

The arguments of this thread: "YEAAH GANDALF IS A DEITY HE WINS LOLOL"

"Thousand years of knowledge wins, lolo lolo"

"Harry potter is overrated, Harry Potter is crappy"

Now, let's see what we have in feats. Dumbledore is a fashioned Occlumens, meaning Saruman's mind control would do nothing at all. This leaves Saruman featless. So Saruman tries to put Dumbledore under a mind spell, Dumbledore teleports behind him and scorches him with a fire storm.

Gandalf, based on feats, will not do much here. While being distracted with Dumbledore teleporting at every second, he could cast Langlock as Harry casts Sectumsempra. Sectumsempra would most certainly make Gandalf die of blood loss. All it takes is one Fire Storm and Saruman and Gandalf are both scorched alive.

#48 Posted by TheTmac (472 posts) - - Show Bio

LOTR always loses to Harry Potter universe.

#49 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

Dumbledore solos.

#50 Edited by Darrius (72 posts) - - Show Bio

My 2 cents.

1st Penny - What is to stop Dumbledore from locking them in one of the towers of Hogwarts? Locking them in towers seems to work against Gandalf and Saruman. The Potterverse has lots of more magical options than LOTR universe.

2nd Penny - The guy who said this should be Voldy instead of Harry is right. Dumbledore would be better off alone against the two of them. Harry is in Dumbledore's way here.