• 63 results
Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Assman

Lord Voldermort & Albus Dumbledore set aside their differences when they feel a powerfull new magic presence....Gandalf The White, and in an act of self preservation, take the fight to him.  Can they take him down? Can they defeat the power of a Mair?

No Caption Provided
                                                                                                      Gandalf The White

vs

No Caption Provided
                                                                                                   Lord Voldermort  and

No Caption Provided

1. Movie Versions
2. Book Versions

Bonus Battle: Sauron (with his one ring) vs Dumbledore & Voldermort at the Black Gates of Mordor.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By Erik

Gandalf WTFSTOMPS them.

Renee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Renee

Dumbledore and Voldemort are fairly the same power wise in the books and movies. Book Gandalf was more powerful than his movie version IIRC. I would go with Mithrandir for both. And for the BB def Sauron. He's deceived some of the greatest minds in Middle-Earth, he could turn Dumbledore and Voldemort on each other.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@erik said:
Gandalf WTFSTOMPS them.
bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bigcimmerian

I think the winner is Gandalf.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By primebonnick

Gandalf even though i'm a big albus fan. He will put up a better fight than voldemort that i'm sure of

Sega_Shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sega_Shaman

Gandalf easily takes this.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By czarny_samael666

1.Gandalf stomps.
2.Gandalf wins.

His magic simply come form world exsiting.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Gandalf...he's one of the Maiar named Olorin so he's technically a god in the reckoning of Middle Earth.

Avatar image for capitolpunishment
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

Gandalf WTFSTOMPS them.

This.

Not only with magic, If he wanted to do so he can negate most of there magic abilities by breaking there wands, he can then take it to them pure H2H for a nice old fashioned  
curb-stomp.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MKF30
@Sega_Shaman said:
Gandalf easily takes this.
This.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Killemall
@czarny_samael said:
1.Gandalf stomps. 2.Gandalf wins.  His magic simply come form world exsiting.
Iron_Turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Iron_Turtle

Gandalf unleashes the pimp hand on both occasions.

GreenFuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GreenFuse

Double avada kedavras = extra dead Gandalf.  

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MKF30

Gandalf would win no doubt. Better feats, more powerful and is an eternal entity...

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

Alright, seriously?

Voldemort can:

Teleport at instant

Conjure up wandless fire storms and transfigure things without a wand

He can go invisible without a cloak (just like Dumbledore)

I shall join you in the castle shortly," he said in his high, cold voice. "Leave me now."

Snape bowed and set off back up the path, his black cloak billowing behind him. Harry walked slowly, waiting for Snape's figure to disappear. It would not do for Snape, or indeed anyone else, to see where he was going. But there were no lights in the castle windows, and he could conceal himself... and in a second he had cast upon himself a Disillusionment Charm that hid him even from his own eyes.

Taken From: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

But then, through the darkness, fire erupted: crimson and gold, a ring of fire that surrounded the rock so that the Inferi holding Harry so tightly stumbled and faltered; they did not dare pass through the flames to get to the water. They dropped Harry; he hit the ground, slipped on the rock, and fell, grazing his arms, then scrambled back up, raising his wand and staring around.

Dumbledore was on his feet again, pale as any of the surrounding Inferi, but taller than any too, the fire dancing in his eyes; his wand was raised like a torch and from its tip emanated the flames, like a vast lasso, encircling them all with warmth.

The Inferi bumped into each other, attempting, blindly, to escape the fire in which they were enclosed...

Dumbledore scooped the locket from the bottom of the stone basin and stowed it inside his robes. Wordlessly, he gestured to Harry to come to his side. Distracted by the flames, the Inferi seemed unaware that their quarry was leaving as Dumbledore led Harry back to the boat, the ring of fire moving with them, around them, the bewildered Inferi accompanying them to the waters edge, where they slipped gratefully back into their dark waters.

Taken From: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Dumbledore did this, WHILE he was WEAK.

"I am weak..." he said.

Taken From: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

That feat alone is enough to kill Gandalf. So as Dumbledore sorches him, Voldemort fires Avada Kedavra. Bye Bye gandalf.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You obviously don't have any idea how powerful Gandalf is, Gandalf the White would stomp Voldemort and Dumbledore with little effort..

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...And Gandalf is one of the Gods in the books. How exactly teleportion and a bag of tricks going to help against a God?

Gandalf still takes this easily, a spite of great proportion considering op mentions 'power of a maiar'.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dear god so many banned accounts back from the dead.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By rolldestroyer

1. team stomps

2. gandalf stomps

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team wins both rounds, I don't see any difficulty in any fight.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vaeternus

...And Gandalf is one of the Gods in the books. How exactly teleportion and a bag of tricks going to help against a God?

Gandalf still takes this easily, a spite of great proportion considering op mentions 'power of a maiar'.

Agreed

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: Had to reply.

You realize, only versions that would win against Dumbledore or Voldemort would be the unlimited, immortal versions. RIght? So basically, Dumbledore and Voldemort stomp him.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1, great point. Agreed, Gandalf murks the other two

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@kingjohnrocks: *sigh* read the op at least. It says "power of a maiar". Meaning full form.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gandalf stomps both rounds, and Sauron stomps in the bonus round.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gandalf

Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well just to play a bit of devils advocate here.... in Middle Earth magic is a very indirect thing. Out side of dragons and balrogs breathing so fire, I don't think you will find an example of Gandalf or anyone slinging magic that directly puts a hurtin' on somebody. So even though Gandalf is vastly more powerful than the two combined, the kind of magic he works is not as precise as throwing a lighting bolt or a fire ball straight through an enemies chest, which is an advantage I think the team has over him.

That said... this is still Gandalf's fight to loose and I think he's got it in him to take these two down, just maybe not as easily as we all want to think.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@dondave@ssjlozza

FYI, they only win becasue they're in their full forms. They are gods in this forms. Outside of their forms, they get stomped.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SSJLozza

@kingjohnrocks: Gandalf is not a god lol he's a Maia, which is below a Valar which is below Eru who is god of Arda. Maiar spirits are basically lesser angels. Gandalf the Gray could have defeated either of them 1v1 or possibly soloed, but this is so one sided it's not even funny. The HP verse just isn't that strong.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjlozza: In his full form, that's the only version he wins. They are god-like in that version. But, in his human version, he loses. That's a fact.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SSJLozza

@kingjohnrocks: They are also in their full forms so it's a fair fight- in fact if anything it's unfair cos it's 2v1! Even at his weakest Gandalf was not a human he was an Istari and would still have defaeted either of the HP wizards 1v1.

Avatar image for deactivated-622aa52778ac3
deactivated-622aa52778ac3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never read the books but based on just the movies, I would have to agree that Gandalf would definitely have his work cut out for him.

Obviously all three of these Wizards are very intelligent and are very gifted. Gandalf is obviously very powerful, but we cannot deny that Voldemort and Dumbledore alone are powerful too, let alone when they are working together.

I'll start with the Harry Potter Wizards first.

Both Voldemort and Dumbledore can use these spells...there are so many spells but I'll list the most effective spells.

Accio - This charm summons an object to the caster, potentially over a significant distance. A broom for example.

Aguamenti - Produces a jet of water from the caster's wand.

Avada Kedavra - Killing curse... need I say more?

Confringo - Causes anything to explode in flames.

Confundo - Causes the victim to become confused, befuddled, overly forgetful and prone to follow simple orders without thinking about them.

Crucio (Cruciatus Curse) - Causes the victim unbearable pain and torture.

Deprimo - A very powerful wind that can loosen and/or soften a variety of things; it can also be used to detach objects.

Evanesco - Makes the target vanish.

Expelliarmus - This spell is used to disarm another wizard, typically by causing the victim's wand to fly out of reach. This spell could be used on Gandalfs staff too.

Expulso - A spell that causes an object to explode. The force of the explosion may depend on the intent of the caster.

Impedimenta - This powerful spell is capable of tripping, freezing, binding, knocking back and generally impeding the target's progress towards the caster.

Imperio (Imperius Curse) - Causes the victim of the curse to obey the spoken/unspoken commands of the caster.

Incarcerous - Ties someone or something up with ropes.

Incendio - Produces fire. Flames burst out flying.

Petrificus Totalus - Causes the victim to be paralyzed in a standing up position which then causes the victim to fall to the ground, unable to move. Hermione used this on Neville Longbottom.

Protego - The Shield Charm. Causes minor to strong jinxes, curses, and hexes to rebound upon the attacker, or at least prevents them from having their full effect. It can also cause a shield to erupt from the caster's wand.

Reducto - Enables the caster to explode solid objects.

Sectumsempra - Violently wounds the target; described as being as though the subject had been "slashed by a sword".

Stupefy - Puts the victim in an unconscious state.

Wingardium Leviosa - Levitates objects. For example, both Wizards could strip Gandalfs staff away from him with this spell... just saying....

Now there are other spells that I didn't mention, but how would Gandalf go about stopping both Voldemort and Dumbledore from using "Avada Kedavra" for example, which is a spell that instantly kills a victim if hit by it? This is obviously the most powerful spell, but there are also other powerful spells above that are at Dumbledore and Voldemorts disposal. I don't think Gandalf is going to have an "easy" time defeating these 2 like some people think.

With that being said at least I can't deny myself the simple logic that Voldemort and Dumbledore certainly STAND A CHANCE against Gandalf... hell I would say that Gandalf would be in for a huge fight and might even be beaten.

As far as the books, I don't know what Gandalf can actually do besides what I have seen in the movies. If I was going off the movies, then I would say that Gandalf would have enough trouble with just one of these wizards, Dumbledore or Voldemort. I think if this is movie based then Gandalf would lose. As far as the books, someone else enlighten me.

As far as the BB... Sauron takes this I'm pretty sure of it.

I'm also not playing favorites at all because I love all of these characters and I love both set of movies equally. They are all great movies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy. I just realized this was posted a year and 9 months ago.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjlozza: No. You have no factual bases. In his full form, he is god-like. However, in his human form he can be killed. He wouldn't solo them in his human form or any other form then his full form.

@spawngengiskhan: Do you agree, that in his full form Gandalf would win, but in other forms he wouldn't? Hell, there's not even feats for his full form, but if they are truly unrestricted then they can do much. So in unrestricted form they can win, otherwise Gandalf gets stomped.

Do you agree?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingjohnrocks: In Gandalfs unrestricted full form I think he would just come back to life even if he was killed. Gandalf would get killed in just his human form. In my opinion the only way I see Gandalf "technically" winning this battle is because he is basically a "God" in true form and will come back to life. Other than that I think the 2 HP Wizards would win but Gandalf wouldn't go without a fight. I would like to say there is something Gandalf could do against the 2 Wizards, but I honestly cannot imagine Gandalf winning this fight especially when I don't know much about Gandalfs magic other than what I have seen in the LOTR movies. The way I see it, if you put the magic that Voldemort and Dumbledore are capable of against the magic that I think Gandalf is capable of then the 2 Harry Potter Wizards will stomp Gandalf almost every time unless someone proves me wrong. If someone can prove to me that Gandalf would be able to block an "Avada Kedavra" from both Wizards then I will change my stance. Other than that, the only way I see Gandalf coming back is in true form only because of the fact that he would technically be a God in this form.

I am confused on this statement...."So in unrestricted form they can win, otherwise Gandalf gets stomped."Are you implying that Dumbledore and Voldemort have unrestricted and restricted forms? In my opinion Voldemort and Dumbledore only have one form and that is definitely unrestricted because why would they fight in restricted forms and if they have restricted forms, what forms of them are restricted?

I guess some people would possibly say that Voldemort has different forms as far as coming back to life just like Gandalf does. Voldemort used the Horcruxes to come back to life. My assumption of Voldemort's form in this particular battle is the form when all of Voldemorts Horcruxes were destroyed. That way if Gandalf wins Voldemort is killed for good. Gandalf basically needs the unrestricted form to win against both of these Wizards, but I guess some could mention that while Gandalf is in his unrestricted form, would Voldemort have the ability to use Horcruxes in this battle? Or is it fair for Voldemort not to be able to use the Horcruxes since he has Dumbledore on his side? If Gandalf is in unrestricted "God-form" he could just keep coming back with plans to take out Dumbledore and once Dumbledore is out of the way, Gandalf would have to destroy Voldemorts Horcrux in order to actually "kill" him. So, technically Gandalf in unrestricted form is "apparently" immortal. Gandalf has a slim chance of winning without the power of immortality IMO, and with immortality he is obviously going to win every time just as long as he realizes that he has to destroy Voldemort's horcruxes. I may be going too in depth with this, but this is just the way I see it.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Vaeternus

I've never read the books but based on just the movies, I would have to agree that Gandalf would definitely have his work cut out for him.

Obviously all three of these Wizards are very intelligent and are very gifted. Gandalf is obviously very powerful, but we cannot deny that Voldemort and Dumbledore alone are powerful too, let alone when they are working together.

I'll start with the Harry Potter Wizards first.

Both Voldemort and Dumbledore can use these spells...there are so many spells but I'll list the most effective spells.

Accio - This charm summons an object to the caster, potentially over a significant distance. A broom for example.

Aguamenti - Produces a jet of water from the caster's wand.

Avada Kedavra - Killing curse... need I say more?

Confringo - Causes anything to explode in flames.

Confundo - Causes the victim to become confused, befuddled, overly forgetful and prone to follow simple orders without thinking about them.

Crucio (Cruciatus Curse) - Causes the victim unbearable pain and torture.

Deprimo - A very powerful wind that can loosen and/or soften a variety of things; it can also be used to detach objects.

Evanesco - Makes the target vanish.

Expelliarmus - This spell is used to disarm another wizard, typically by causing the victim's wand to fly out of reach. This spell could be used on Gandalfs staff too.

Expulso - A spell that causes an object to explode. The force of the explosion may depend on the intent of the caster.

Impedimenta - This powerful spell is capable of tripping, freezing, binding, knocking back and generally impeding the target's progress towards the caster.

Imperio (Imperius Curse) - Causes the victim of the curse to obey the spoken/unspoken commands of the caster.

Incarcerous - Ties someone or something up with ropes.

Incendio - Produces fire. Flames burst out flying.

Petrificus Totalus - Causes the victim to be paralyzed in a standing up position which then causes the victim to fall to the ground, unable to move. Hermione used this on Neville Longbottom.

Protego - The Shield Charm. Causes minor to strong jinxes, curses, and hexes to rebound upon the attacker, or at least prevents them from having their full effect. It can also cause a shield to erupt from the caster's wand.

Reducto - Enables the caster to explode solid objects.

Sectumsempra - Violently wounds the target; described as being as though the subject had been "slashed by a sword".

Stupefy - Puts the victim in an unconscious state.

Wingardium Leviosa - Levitates objects. For example, both Wizards could strip Gandalfs staff away from him with this spell... just saying....

Now there are other spells that I didn't mention, but how would Gandalf go about stopping both Voldemort and Dumbledore from using "Avada Kedavra" for example, which is a spell that instantly kills a victim if hit by it? This is obviously the most powerful spell, but there are also other powerful spells above that are at Dumbledore and Voldemorts disposal. I don't think Gandalf is going to have an "easy" time defeating these 2 like some people think.

With that being said at least I can't deny myself the simple logic that Voldemort and Dumbledore certainly STAND A CHANCE against Gandalf... hell I would say that Gandalf would be in for a huge fight and might even be beaten.

As far as the books, I don't know what Gandalf can actually do besides what I have seen in the movies. If I was going off the movies, then I would say that Gandalf would have enough trouble with just one of these wizards, Dumbledore or Voldemort. I think if this is movie based then Gandalf would lose. As far as the books, someone else enlighten me.

As far as the BB... Sauron takes this I'm pretty sure of it.

I'm also not playing favorites at all because I love all of these characters and I love both set of movies equally. They are all great movies.

The book version is immensly more powerful then the film version, kind of like Batman he simply doesn't compare to his comic book version of the character. If you read more on gandalf, trust me lol you'd see he'd own these two.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus: Thanks, I may read the books sometime. I figured that Gandalf could do "more" than what he shows in the movies.

Avatar image for galacticravenous
GalacticRavenous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is not an fair battle. Even dumbledore himself knows more magic. He studied the words for like 100 years and knows over 1000 different of spells. he solo

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The combined power of them two eould be too much

Avatar image for batmanalways_wins
batmanalways_wins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who is saying that Gandalf doesn't stomp needs to check up on Gandalf the White's power levels.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

1) duo

2) gandalf probably

aftershafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By aftershafter

Round 1) Movie versions I give to team - heck, possibly either one solo. Now, granted, there may be something in the recent Hobbit movie (haven't seen) which changes my impression of this, but Gandalf's feats in the first five LoTR/Hobbit movies just aren't *that* impressive. His most impressive feat is durability - fighting the Balrog, but let's face it - he sword fights it. That's impressive in itself, but he isn't launching magical nukes and causing the earth to swallow it up (well, other than breaking a narrow stone bridge) - he is walking along at pretty regular speed blocking huge, powerful, lumbering blows.

Contrast this to Voldemort who has shown remarkable speed and versatility with his magic and borderline immortality. Dumbledore and he have both brought the elements to bear in a fight in ways that Gandalf hasn't come close to, they have shown far more variety in directly harmful and manipulative spells and curses, and... Well, movie Gandalf didn't strike me as half as impressive as a spell caster.

Unless you count Gandalf's resurrection as a feat that will prevent him from getting killed, I don't see him winning this - and if that's the case, Voldemort has similar "immortality" working for him. I think either Voldy or Dumbledore could solo movie Gandalf.

Round 2) Book versions has Gandalf stomping. Book Gandalf >>>>>>> movie Gandalf.

@batmanalways_wins

I'm actually curious... Comicvine goes by feats and my memory is quite foggy on these movies - what feats does movie Gandalf - white or grey - have that are particularly impressive? Harry Potter spellcasting just came off as *far* more fast, versatile, and overall powerful than anything I saw any version of Gandalf pull off in the first five movies. Maybe I'm forgetting something major?

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renee: nah book Voldemort and Gandalf is a lot powerful in aspects.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aftershafter: didn't read your entire post, but I saw you ask for feats for movie Gandalf. One of those would be defeating a Balrog in single combat.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who is saying that Gandalf doesn't stomp needs to check up on Gandalf the White's power levels.

He barely has feats, he took out a small army of fodder orcs, Voldemort/Dumbledore can do the same alone with either telepathy or using fiendfyre to summon a fire snake to scorch them all, Dumbledore probably prefer creating a small tidal wave though.

The orcs in LOTR are mindless, they just run in and die, no tactics, no thinking just bullrushing in and think they will hit something.

Avatar image for batmanalways_wins
batmanalways_wins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123: Nice job only watching the movie and not reading the books. He is practically a god in the books. In the movie he still has feats that put him above either of the team, but against both is a good fight.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

its who hits who first

itzxsloth345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By itzxsloth345

@leonkarlen123: Movie gandalf pales in comparison to the book version. Gandalf is also restricted from using his full powers by eru, the god of middle earth. At his full power he would turn these two to dust every time.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123: Nice job only watching the movie and not reading the books. He is practically a god in the books. In the movie he still has feats that put him above either of the team, but against both is a good fight.

Though being a god is not really a statement, you can be either a Marvel God like Zeus/Odin or a GoW God like Zeus from GoW (Weak)