#1 Posted by Pfcoolio15 (308 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are blood lusted. Who wins?

#2 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

Gandalf flicks her aside.

#3 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5304 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see this as very fair...

#4 Posted by Militaris (80 posts) - - Show Bio

The outcome would be the same as Gandalf vs Lord Voldemort. Bellatrix simply has many more and varied spells and curses to use, for that reason she should win. Using and countering powerful spells also tires Gandalf quickly so I suspect the battle would not last long. .

#5 Posted by Bo88gdan (4673 posts) - - Show Bio

Gandalf

#6 Posted by Theorder14 (1613 posts) - - Show Bio

Gandalf, if mrs weasley defeated her, i'm sure gandalf could too. his magic is simply stronger

#7 Posted by logy5000 (6167 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this Gandalf the gray or white?

Shouldn't make a difference, though. Gandalf wins.

#8 Posted by ascenscion (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Bellatrix's magic is ineffective against Gandalf because of either: a) the differences in how magic is utilised in each specific universe or b) because Gandalf can negate any magic directed at him that is below his station in terms of power, such as dominating Saruman, but being vulnerable to Sauron and the Nazgul. Bellatrix is then resigned to using only physical-based spells, like reducto. Gandalf's physical agility and strength (like a young man but even greater, elf-like clairvoyance) means these attacks are pretty useless. Bellatrix loses her shit and goes in with the knife, at which point the fight finishes with her on the end of Glamdring.

#9 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

@ascenscion said:

Bellatrix's magic is ineffective against Gandalf because of either: a) the differences in how magic is utilised in each specific universe or b) because Gandalf can negate any magic directed at him that is below his station in terms of power, such as dominating Saruman, but being vulnerable to Sauron and the Nazgul. Bellatrix is then resigned to using only physical-based spells, like reducto. Gandalf's physical agility and strength (like a young man but even greater, elf-like clairvoyance) means these attacks are pretty useless. Bellatrix loses her shit and goes in with the knife, at which point the fight finishes with her on the end of Glamdring.

1. Saying that "Oh HP magic is different, and it means it doesn't work in LOTR" is FALSE. That's speculation, no feat or fact to back it up. That's like saying Zatanna's powers are ineffective in LOTR universe.

2. Gandalf has NEVER negated any magic directed at him in canon, and he has NEVER negated HP magic. There's no indication Avada Kedavra or Confringo wouldn't blow Gandalf to bits before he could react.

3. Pshycial? Bellatrix has MULTIPLE spells she could use against Gandalf. Imperio, Avada Kedavra, Confringo, Fire spells, etc. Agility and strength will NOT stop Reducto. Reducto is a spell that blasts things into pieces. So basically she can blast Gandalf's sword into pieces, along with his staff. Thus rendering him powerless, then she can use Avada Kedavra, Imperio, Blasting curse, etc. Reducto and Imperio would work beautifully here.

4. Knife? HAHAHA! Reducto 2 times (Staff and sword) then Imperio or Avada Kedavra of Confringo should suffice.

Bellatrix stomps.

#10 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Nefarious (22934 posts) - - Show Bio

Gandalf stomps.

#12 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

@nefarious: I just saw this browsing through my old threads. I disagree.

Bellatrix is a master of the unforgiveable curses, and they can easily be used against Gandalf. Crucio and Gandalf is down, agonizing in pain. There's also the Jelly-legs curse that will effect Gandalf. So, Gandalf is in pain, his legs are unable to move, all it takes now is Avada Kedavra. Bellatrix stomps.

#13 Edited by russellmania77 (15844 posts) - - Show Bio

wonder why bellatrix didnt do any of that against mrs weasley, anyways gandalf ftw

#14 Edited by Phylos (2675 posts) - - Show Bio

Bellatrix take this battle after a long fight. Simply because there is just a much larger arsenal within her means as a dark wizard.

#15 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5304 posts) - - Show Bio

@hbktimhbk said:

I don't see this as very fair...

If Molly can do, Gandalf can do it so much easier.

#16 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77: Do you have a factual argument for Gandalf? Based on battle feats, Gandalf loses terribly. He has no new battle feats. Example: In the Hobbit book and the new Hobbit movie, Gandalf didn't own the trolls with his own magic. If anything, he broke a rock (which can be done by a word in Harry Potter) and sunlight killed them. Bellatrix, without even speaking, would have waved her wand and lit them on fire. Perhaps casted Imperio and made them hit eachother, anything she wanted to do.

Gandalf in the Hobbit and in LOTR RAN from armies of Orcs to the elves. Bellatrix would have them all killed in under a minute. Confringo, Fire-making spell, Jelly legs, Imperio. Hell, just cast Imperio on all of them indivuially and have them kill themselves/fight with eachother. Goodness, I mean just one word and all those Orcs Gandalf was running from would die. Not even a word! The swish of a wand!

Give me some evidence.

#17 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

@hbktimhbk: Back this up with proof. Gandalf has little to no battle feats. Bellatrix has tons of spells and charms and hexes she can use.

#18 Edited by russellmania77 (15844 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks:

Gandalf, as ordered by the Valar, is not to be able to combat Sauron or other evils with power, but rather by other means (such as rallying the Free Peoples of Middle-Earth). Hence, in most fights, he relies on his physical abilities with the sword and staff. Yet, against "alpha" opponents, he has to resort to his inner Istari powers to successfully engage them.

Gandalf the Grey: Normal Version- Against Goblins; Cave-troll * Fights with sword and staff (Battle in the Chamber of Mazarbul)

Istari Version- Against Saruman; Durin's Bane * Telekinesis (against Saruman) ; Shield (against Balrog) ; Blast (destroy the Bridge of Khazad-Dum)

Gandalf the White:

Normal Version- Against Uruk-Hai; Orcs; Trolls * Fights with sword and staff (Battle of the Hornburg; Battle of the Pelennor Fields; Battle of the Morannon)

Istari Version- Against Aragorn/Legolas/Gimli; Horde of Uruk-Hai; Saruman; Nazgul; Witch-King of Angmar * Blinding Light (Rendezvous in the Fangorn Forest; Rohirrim Cavalry charge in Battle of the Hornburg; Fall of Osgiliath) ; Shield (Confrontation with Saruman) ; Pyrokinesis (Rendezvous in the Fangorn Forest) ; Blast (Rendezvous in the Fangorn Forest; Confrontation with Saruman)

It's evident that because of these vast apparent differences in power and skill that we have to distinguish Gandalf into two categories, of which we can determine his in-character tendencies.

For Gandalf the White Istari version, we see that he is defensive-minded. When Aragorn and company attack him in the Fangorn Forest, he defends (envelops himself in Blinding Light; shatters/burn opponent's weaponry). When Saruman unleashes a large fireball at him, he defends (with his Shield), and then uses Blast to obliterate his opponent's staff. When the Witch-King of Angmar faces him in Minas Tirith, you see Gandalf defending with his staff (you hear a magical sound- likely that of his invisible Shield being invoked)

#19 Edited by Kingjohnrocks (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77:

Gandalf, as ordered by the Valar, is not to be able to combat Sauron or other evils with power, but rather by other means (such as rallying the Free Peoples of Middle-Earth). Hence, in most fights, he relies on his physical abilities with the sword and staff. Yet, against "alpha" opponents, he has to resort to his inner Istari powers to successfully engage them.

We have never seen Gandalf's 100% full unrestricted Maiar powers. So let's not speculate.

Gandalf the Grey: Normal Version- Against Goblins; Cave-troll * Fights with sword and staff (Battle in the Chamber of Mazarbul)

Bellatrix would have simply laughed and turned all the things Gandalf put effort into fighting into flowers.

Istari Version- Against Saruman; Durin's Bane * Telekinesis (against Saruman) ; Shield (against Balrog) ; Blast (destroy the Bridge of Khazad-Dum)

Telekensis..Bellatrix can effortlessly do telekensis like any other Wizard can.

She can also use shield charms, too..

Blast..Confringo blew 11 muggles to dust upon impact, and created a large blast in the streets, even destroying some buildings. Gandalf's little blast was featless.

Normal Version- Against Uruk-Hai; Orcs; Trolls * Fights with sword and staff (Battle of the Hornburg; Battle of the Pelennor Fields; Battle of the Morannon)

2 non-verbal reductos and that Sword and Staff are broken.

Istari Version- Against Aragorn/Legolas/Gimli; Horde of Uruk-Hai; Saruman; Nazgul; Witch-King of Angmar * Blinding Light (Rendezvous in the Fangorn Forest; Rohirrim Cavalry charge in Battle of the Hornburg; Fall of Osgiliath) ; Shield (Confrontation with Saruman) ; Pyrokinesis (Rendezvous in the Fangorn Forest) ; Blast (Rendezvous in the Fangorn Forest; Confrontation with Saruman)

..Gandalf has stated his fire (pyrokinesis) needs fuel. Bellatrix's fire doesn't need fuel, at t'all.

You keep bringing up shields, she has shield charms and transfiguration shields, too.

As for blinding light- Gandalf has never used it on a human being before. Bellatrix is human. I do doubt he'd use it on a human being due to that never being a showing before, which gives Bellatrix enough time to non-verbally blow up his Staff with reducto. Plus, there's no indication his Shields would block a Harry Potter spell at all. His shield is featless. The Balrog he fought is featless, the Balrog's weapons are featless.

It's evident that because of these vast apparent differences in power and skill that we have to distinguish Gandalf into two categories, of which we can determine his in-character tendencies.

And Bellatrix can do all of them more simplier and more efficiently.

For Gandalf the White Istari version, we see that he is defensive-minded. When Aragorn and company attack him in the Fangorn Forest, he defends (envelops himself in Blinding Light; shatters/burn opponent's weaponry)

He never did this in the books, in the movies he did, not in the Books. He did not use Blinding light against them, he heated their weapons, Gandalf didn't do this in the books as I said.

When Saruman unleashes a large fireball at him, he defends (with his Shield), and then uses Blast to obliterate his opponent's staff

Funny thing, Saruman never released a fireball at him in canon. And he did not use any "blast" to obliterate Saruman's staff! LOL! Let me give you all who is reading the truth:

"'I did not give you leave to go,' said Gandalf sternly. 'I have not finished. You have become a fool, Saruman, and yet pitiable. You might still have turned away from folly and evil, and have been of service. But you choose to stay and gnaw the ends of your old plots. Stay then! But I warn you: you will not easily come out again. Not unless the dark hands of the East stretch out to take you, Saruman!' he cried, and his voice grew in power and authority. 'Behold, I am not Gandalf the Grey, whom you betrayed. I am Gandalf the White, who has returned from death. You have no colour now, and I cast you from the order and from the Council.' He raised his hand, and spoke slowly in a clear cold voice. 'Saruman, your staff is broken.' There was a crack, and the staff split asunder in Saruman's hand, and the head of it fell down at Gandalf's feet. 'Go!' said Gandalf. With a cry Saruman fell back and crawled away." - Lord of the Rings; The Two Towers.

That is what happened in Canon ^.

Drink from it.

#20 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

going by movie versions, Bellatrix should win, killing curse should do the job pretty easily.