Avatar image for protectyournose
protectyournose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By protectyournose

Wow I guess this is the thread thats gonna go on until it gets locked. WOW Can I join in?

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for azathoth_the_dread_sleeper
Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vaeternus said:

@Azathoth, it was pretty big. Big enough to engulf a man whole, besides Gandalf the White can manage via instant break spell if lightsabers can break due to being dropped or in battle as Luke's was and having to fix it manually. Even Obi-Wan admits it's a "primitive weapon" Gandalf would just block his energy based attacks using the force and counter with his own powerful magic via TK chokes as he did to the king and Saruman reversing his spell...

Being a God doesn't mean nothing if you're capable of much, regardless of where they're from. Example, if you're an immortal God or say an Omnipotent one, you can't say "being a God means nothing" obviously it means something and we've seen Gandalf come back from death, not Sidious so yeah...good luck with that.

@MasterJohn said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Vaeternus said:

Nick, I've asked you several times to stop it or leave me along, you've ignored it. So consider yourself flagged too. You're doing nothing more then baiting me, I know this as you do it in selective topics. Don't call me out and expect me not to respond especially when you're not contributing to the topic.

No I have viewed this thread, you are only trying to stir up trouble like in majority of threads you participate in, and I'm absolutely fed up with it. If you are not going to post something constructive then don't post at all.

If you don't like it, why bother to respond to his comments?

Exactly, it's simple because nick's a trouble maker but is trying to come off as some kind of victim. This also coming from the same guy who requests topics get closed daily "in his opinion" if he thinks it's a stomp or doesn't like the topic.

BTW, nick, sure...must be a coincidence then that you keep following me around in other topics when MK topics get closed right? You don't know what flaming is do you, who am I flaming exactly? Please quote me actually flaming or insulting someone as you do. I've not flamed anyone, you're just starting trouble for no reason. All I've done is stated a case for Gandalf and told others the book versions are far more powerful. Only you and Azathoth feel this way, funny the timing on both come out of no where and just try to tell me "I don't know anything or other nonsense" that has nothing to do with the topic. If you disagree, fine, be mature and agree to disagree but don't waste my time with petty nonsense. You did it first a m onth ago just randomly posting "Vaeternus is MKF" every chance you got which my friends here already knew anyway, along with a few mods. So I really don't understand what you're trying to do and doubt others care. Oh I assure you you're annoying me equally, so piece of advice. IGNORE ME please, I've asked you before nicely you don't seem to get it.

Gandalf came from death via the intervention of Eru Illuvatar, a being who is vastly more powerful than him.

Palpatine has clone bodies into which he could store his own consciousness if he should die. So yeah, good luck with that.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By nick_hero22

@MasterJohn said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@protectyournose said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Vaeternus said:

@nick_hero22 said:

You really should mind your own, I've noticed you have a problem with this? Actually I've made my points you however are just trolling the topic and not even posting anything. No, I'm not ignoring the EU you're ignoring what Gandalf CAN do and has done by by all means, ignore it. You do it anyway in every topic with opposing views...so I expect this much from you. You go from being " a uber video game fan to uber Batman fan" over night, your posts lack any credibility.

@JamesKM716 said:

We're supposed to use what the OP uses or posts. There have been several SW topics where DV movie photo was used and SW fans immediately go into comic info...just saying, by that logic I guess we can use most powerful versions of Superman when we see Superman vs. Hulk, yet not specified which version?

Way I see it Movie versions, Gandalf wins. Book versions, closer but Gandalf much like Sidious book version is also far more powerful there then on screen this is what a lot of people are ignoring here...

@Azathoth, uhh defend himself via magical shield? Did you see that vid that picard posted where Saruman shot a huge fireball at Gandalf, and he instantly created a shield protecting himself? Also concering the other point with being a God means nothing, disagree...so you're saying Thor can't defeat Hulk by going all out? I doubt that

Flagged, and if you call me or someone else in this thread a troll I will personally make sure that you get on your 5th alternate account. You've done nothing but flame and accuse others of trolling when the only thing your doing is babbling nonsense and low-balling, nothing and I mean nothing you said contains a shred of knowledge or coherent thought. I'm not even a big Batman fan, I like the character but difference between me and you is that you have no f**king clue about the basics of Batman's capabilities and you come on this site masquerading around as though you are an expert on all things comic related, but anyone who knows you and has participated in debates with you knows that you are f**king clueless and will forever be devoid of logical thought. People like you need to be banned because you and users like you are the reason why the battle forum quality has deteriorated.

Flagged

Sorry nick, but you've done nothing but insult and flaim Vaeternus. He has proved everyone wrong and no one wants to accept it.

The same goes for you Spike, I don't understand the freaking point of continuously cause confusing in almost every thread you participate in and then getting banned almost every week to come back and create an alternate account just to repeat the cycle of flaming and tearing down the quality of our battle forum.

It doesn't matter-BATTLE FORUMS are supposed to be for fun. Not to curse, flame, and put others down. Go to 4chan if you want to do that.

Wrong Battle Forums are suppose to be productive and fun, arguing with the same old stubborn users who refuse to be constructive on here and form logical arguments, but instead choose to flame and low-ball characters which isn't fun at all.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By MasterJohn

@nick_hero22 said:

@MasterJohn said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@protectyournose said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Vaeternus said:

@nick_hero22 said:

You really should mind your own, I've noticed you have a problem with this? Actually I've made my points you however are just trolling the topic and not even posting anything. No, I'm not ignoring the EU you're ignoring what Gandalf CAN do and has done by by all means, ignore it. You do it anyway in every topic with opposing views...so I expect this much from you. You go from being " a uber video game fan to uber Batman fan" over night, your posts lack any credibility.

@JamesKM716 said:

We're supposed to use what the OP uses or posts. There have been several SW topics where DV movie photo was used and SW fans immediately go into comic info...just saying, by that logic I guess we can use most powerful versions of Superman when we see Superman vs. Hulk, yet not specified which version?

Way I see it Movie versions, Gandalf wins. Book versions, closer but Gandalf much like Sidious book version is also far more powerful there then on screen this is what a lot of people are ignoring here...

@Azathoth, uhh defend himself via magical shield? Did you see that vid that picard posted where Saruman shot a huge fireball at Gandalf, and he instantly created a shield protecting himself? Also concering the other point with being a God means nothing, disagree...so you're saying Thor can't defeat Hulk by going all out? I doubt that

Flagged, and if you call me or someone else in this thread a troll I will personally make sure that you get on your 5th alternate account. You've done nothing but flame and accuse others of trolling when the only thing your doing is babbling nonsense and low-balling, nothing and I mean nothing you said contains a shred of knowledge or coherent thought. I'm not even a big Batman fan, I like the character but difference between me and you is that you have no f**king clue about the basics of Batman's capabilities and you come on this site masquerading around as though you are an expert on all things comic related, but anyone who knows you and has participated in debates with you knows that you are f**king clueless and will forever be devoid of logical thought. People like you need to be banned because you and users like you are the reason why the battle forum quality has deteriorated.

Flagged

Sorry nick, but you've done nothing but insult and flaim Vaeternus. He has proved everyone wrong and no one wants to accept it.

The same goes for you Spike, I don't understand the freaking point of continuously cause confusing in almost every thread you participate in and then getting banned almost every week to come back and create an alternate account just to repeat the cycle of flaming and tearing down the quality of our battle forum.

It doesn't matter-BATTLE FORUMS are supposed to be for fun. Not to curse, flame, and put others down. Go to 4chan if you want to do that.

Wrong Battle Forums are suppose to be productive and fun, arguing with the same old stubborn users who refuse to be constructive on here and form logical arguments, but instead choose to flame and low-ball characters which isn't fun at all.

Is it productive to curse at people like a raving psycho?

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#105  Edited By Phylos

Emperor Palpatine slaughters Gandalf, I think what's happening here is that users are debating off of potential, instead of actual capabilities

Avatar image for protectyournose
protectyournose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By protectyournose

@Phylos said:

Emperor Palpatine slaughters Gandalf, I think what's happening here is that users are debating off of potential, instead of actual capabilities

No

Gandalf is immortal, hes rose from the dead and Emperor on the other hand has not. Emperor has died and he stays dead.

Gandalf Stomps......

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By nick_hero22

@MasterJohn said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@MasterJohn said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@protectyournose said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Vaeternus said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@JamesKM716 said:

Flagged

Is it productive to curse at people like a raving psycho?

To get my point across it's absolutely necessary

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Vaeternus

LOL@ thinking protect is spike...I think if someone hates me or others, it's their problem. They should leave the site all together. Master is correct, if someone doesn't like someone else or a topic. IGNORE it, you don't come in here and flame the hell out of people you don't like, cry like a baby over it. It's fiction, who cares? You think I care if someone disagrees with me that much? To admit and say "absolutely necessary to curse to get my point across" is nothing more then a childish tactic to try to make others listen when they don't get their way. BTW, don't push me...nick your math must suck since this is my 2nd account(third username that I've posted) since Zaterra was for my friend, unlike you I don't make 10 accounts and you've had a few names yourself, hypocrite much?

@MasterJohn said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@protectyournose said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Vaeternus said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@JamesKM716 said:

Flagged

Exactly, it's all in good fun. Some people however take it to the next level and I don't have time for that. If need be I'll make sure the mods read what's happened here and do everything in my power to make sure it's fixed. Thanks for the good post, I agree entirely.

@JamesKM716 said:

@Vaeternus said:

Fair enough I suppose, but since you said you never checked out the LOTR books. Gandalf on screen doesn't do him a justice to what the character can do. But Picard's post I believe posted some extras from extended editions, which are pretty cool. He can shield himself from energy based attacks, magic etc among other cool things. I just know having a nutty SW fanatic for a close friend personally that Lucas said the movies are canon and SW Force Unleashed as far as the games, and only some comics that coincide within the movies(ones that go against it are not so it's said) this is what he told me, I checked it out online seems to match.

EU Sidious, what timeline exactly is it supposed to take place in? Because it can't be post movies since he dies...the most impressive thing I thought he did was toss around senate seats at Yoda but Yoda seemed to match him concerning the Force.

@RedheadedAtrocitus , I agree

Lucas personally sees the Movies as separate than the EU (Expanded Universe) But the EU accounts for everything that happened in the movies, but also much much more. That said, You are sorely mistaken. This is what i meant when i was saying you didn't know Star Wars. (perhaps you know the movie-verse, i was referring to the Expanded Universe)

The Expanded Universe, Palpatine survives as a spirit and goes on to gain a clone body. One of the most knowledgeable Star Wars Guru's i've found (Silver2467) made a respect thread for Palpatine. I was going to copy and paste it, but its 100 pages, and over sixty thousand words. so here is the link: http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/silver2467/emperor-palpatinedarth-sidious-respect-thread/87-63101/

This has a list of Palpatine's EU feats.

If you don't mind me asking, do you have Lucas quoted saying that the EU has priority over the movies? So you'll forgive me for not being convinced entirely. It just sounds like you're trying to downplay the movies and boost the EU feats? I have casual knowledge of the EU, movies I own but as I've said one of my best friends who I hang with daily is a SW nut...and when I showed him this topic even he was like," wow lots of SW fanboys in there, trust me lol" coming from a SW fan himself...and he knows I follow LOTR a lot. A spirit? So ok, you do know he died due to Vader tossing him over a edge right? How exactly is he going to come back from that? All that being said I can link you to a Gandalf respect topic I'm sure, but can agree to disagree ;) I agree with you on some, partially but disagree with some others.

@Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper said:

Ok, fair enough I checked out EU Sidious and it seems like a different character almost, with his spirit and all. Gandalf is also recognized as Gandalf the Entity in pre-LOTR verse, since he's been hinted as more or less an angelic race being a Maiyar of Eru. So I think honestly, GTW and EU Sidious match up more even imo. Some things in film are added for entertainment reasons but obviously kept with the story premise. Such as Gandalf saying "your staff is broken" can very well do that in the book if he wanted. Aragon was merely showed to do more battle in detail in the movies but still didn't do anything "super human" so I'm fine with it. Witch king I believe was mentioned in the book but under a different name, they also go by the Nazgu aka Ring Wrath's...Witch King was the leader of them. Gandalf can create an energy shield as he did to protect himself against Saruman's fireball. Why couldn't he do the same against Force Lightning/Force attacks? He can also do the same with TK based attacks, we saw him do it and in the book they describe it as such.

I can say the same thing about Sidious NOT being able to battle a spell cast by Gandalf...proof of this? This isn't a stomp for Palpatine. Book versions could be interesting I admit, movie versions Gandalf would rock Sidious badly,..

Uh, when did I say Gandalf was omnipotent? clearly you misread something lol. I said, a God like character can vary in power and be omnipotent in which they don't have to do anything to win. Odin vs. Hulk for example, is a mismatch...but I'm sure some Hulk fan would try to debate that, even against Thor. It's still a feat of Gandalf to come back himself from death despite Eru/God of LOTR sending him back, it's still Gandalf that survived...if anything clones proves weaker since a clone is just that a clone, not yourself whole coming back...that's like something Lex Luthor would do lol since he knows he's a mortal. I never said Gandalf used the Force baldy/oh Azathoth...I said he could counter it with his own magic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vaeternus said:

@JamesKM716 said:

@Vaeternus said:

Fair enough I suppose, but since you said you never checked out the LOTR books. Gandalf on screen doesn't do him a justice to what the character can do. But Picard's post I believe posted some extras from extended editions, which are pretty cool. He can shield himself from energy based attacks, magic etc among other cool things. I just know having a nutty SW fanatic for a close friend personally that Lucas said the movies are canon and SW Force Unleashed as far as the games, and only some comics that coincide within the movies(ones that go against it are not so it's said) this is what he told me, I checked it out online seems to match.

EU Sidious, what timeline exactly is it supposed to take place in? Because it can't be post movies since he dies...the most impressive thing I thought he did was toss around senate seats at Yoda but Yoda seemed to match him concerning the Force.

Lucas personally sees the Movies as separate than the EU (Expanded Universe) But the EU accounts for everything that happened in the movies, but also much much more. That said, You are sorely mistaken. This is what i meant when i was saying you didn't know Star Wars. (perhaps you know the movie-verse, i was referring to the Expanded Universe)

The Expanded Universe, Palpatine survives as a spirit and goes on to gain a clone body. One of the most knowledgeable Star Wars Guru's i've found (Silver2467) made a respect thread for Palpatine. I was going to copy and paste it, but its 100 pages, and over sixty thousand words. so here is the link: http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/silver2467/emperor-palpatinedarth-sidious-respect-thread/87-63101/

If you don't mind me asking, do you have Lucas quoted saying that the EU has priority over the movies? So you'll forgive me for not being convinced entirely. It just sounds like you're trying to downplay the movies and boost the EU feats? I have casual knowledge of the EU, movies I own but as I've said one of my best friends who I hang with daily is a SW nut...and when I showed him this topic even he was like," wow lots of SW fanboys in there, trust me lol" coming from a SW fan himself...and he knows I follow LOTR a lot. A spirit? So ok, you do know he died due to Vader tossing him over a edge right? How exactly is he going to come back from that? All that being said I can link you to a Gandalf respect topic I'm sure, but can agree to disagree ;) I agree with you on some, partially but disagree with some others.

@Vaeternus said:

@Nickhero22 I've asked you several times to stop it or leave me along, you've ignored it. So consider yourself flagged too. You're doing nothing more then baiting me and stalking me as far as I'm concerned only posting in topics I go in, I know this as you do it in selective topics. Don't call me out and expect me not to respond especially when you're not contributing to the topic. I call you out on what you're doing. I can also get several others from past topics to back me up where you've done this.

@JamesKM716 said:

@Vaeternus: Yeah, but the OP didn't use or say anything. So we go with most EU Sidious, not Movie Sidious.

I agree partially.

Movie Sidious loses

I'll abstain from commmenting on the book vs book versions, because i haven't read the LOTR books.

@Azathoth, how is it out of context? It's accurate...it just seems to me you're underestimating Gandalf vastly.

Actually, it's not flawed this shows you're not familiar with LOTR as much as you may think. For one the movies were accurate in every way and if anything LEFT things out due to time, what was in there happened or was assumed in the books. So I don't know where you're getting your info from.

Actually, my point concerning Gandalf's attack is accurate and canon to his abilities you're merely ignoring it because...you don't agree with it? This proves nothing on your part.

Really? Such at what? Because I assure you there's a variety of ways Gandalf can counter Sidious easily...

Palpatine doesn't stomp, he loses badly here if Gandalf is serious.

No, but it does seem like you're vastly underestimating Palpatine on the flip-side.

The extended editions did not depict the happenings in the book 100%. Like the fact that the Witchking of Angmar BROKE Gandalf's staff. The Witchking was never mentioned to do that in the book. All he did was 'lift high his sword and flames ran down the blade'. Aragorn also never cut off the head of the Mouth of Sauron. The Mouth of Sauron simply got infuriated by Gandalf's audacity to refuse the Dark Lord's offer to join him and left. This goes to show that you know absolutely NOTHING of LOTR and shouldn't be speaking thus as though you do.

A variety of ways Gandalf can counter Sidious' attacks? Such as?

What can Gandalf do to counter getting his organs crushed out without a moment's notice?

If you can't demonstrate that he could, then the conclusion remains as a STOMP in Palpatine's favor.

Ok, fair enough I checked out EU Sidious and it seems like a different character almost, with his spirit and all. Gandalf is also recognized as Gandalf the Entity in pre-LOTR verse, since he's been hinted as more or less an angelic race being a Maiyar of Eru. So I think honestly, GTW and EU Sidious match up more even imo. Some things in film are added for entertainment reasons but obviously kept with the story premise. Such as Gandalf saying "your staff is broken" can very well do that in the book if he wanted. Aragon was merely showed to do more battle in detail in the movies but still didn't do anything "super human" so I'm fine with it. Witch king I believe was mentioned in the book but under a different name, they also go by the Nazgu aka Ring Wrath's...Witch King was the leader of them. Gandalf can create an energy shield as he did to protect himself against Saruman's fireball. Why couldn't he do the same against Force Lightning/Force attacks? He can also do the same with TK based attacks, we saw him do it and in the book they describe it as such.

I can say the same thing about Sidious NOT being able to battle a spell cast by Gandalf...proof of this? This isn't a stomp for Palpatine. Book versions could be interesting I admit, movie versions Gandalf would rock Sidious badly,..

TK-based Force attacks are not energy based. He never used his magic shield to defend himself against TK-based attacks.

What spells of Gandalf are you referring to? The fireball? Lightning?

The suitable counter against that would be the Force Bubble.

All in all, the conclusion of this battle still remains a stomp in Palpatine's favor.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vaeternus said:

LOL@ thinking protect is spike...I think if someone hates me or others, it's their problem. They should leave the site all together. Master is correct, if someone doesn't like someone else or a topic. IGNORE it, you don't come in here and flame the hell out of people you don't like, cry like a baby over it. It's fiction, who cares? You think I care if someone disagrees with me that much?

@JamesKM716 said:

@Vaeternus said:

Uh, when did I say Gandalf was omnipotent? clearly you misread something lol. I said, a God like character can vary in power and be omnipotent in which they don't have to do anything to win. Odin vs. Hulk for example, is a mismatch...but I'm sure some Hulk fan would try to debate that, even against Thor. It's still a feat of Gandalf to come back himself from death despite Eru/God of LOTR sending him back, it's still Gandalf that survived...if anything clones proves weaker since a clone is just that a clone, not yourself whole coming back...that's like something Lex Luthor would do lol since he knows he's a mortal. I never said Gandalf used the Force baldy/oh Azathoth...I said he could counter it with his own magic.

The book Sidious destroys Gandalf before they could even see each other blinking.

The movie versions are obscure and debatable.

Oh? So then if (insert name of random entity) decided to bring back Palpatine's "whole", then that must make Palpatine better than X because he 'came back from death', disregarding the fact that he couldn't do it alone. Yeah. Perfect logic right there.

Palpatine can come back anytime he wants with his clones after death, which hardly makes him a 'mortal', using your frame of logic that is.

Palpatine can counter Gandalf's fire and lightning attacks using the Force Bubble

Your explanation for Gandalf's defense against Palpatine's TK: LOL magic

How utterly expected.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#111  Edited By owie  Moderator

@Baldy said:

I was originally thinking more like 7 or 8 out of 10, but the thing is that we don't really know what would happen if Gandalf the White was stabbed or injured; would he die, or would he just be transformed into an elevated state somehow? That's purely speculation on my part, but as a maiar his true form is pretty ambiguous, so I'm hedging my bets on what happens if his body gets mortally wounded. Even when it comes to speed, we really have no idea. Maybe he could act with superhuman speed, maybe not; his power is too speculative to make a definitive statement. It's implied that he could do quite a bit, but we don't know his limits. So, again, I'm hedging my bets by guessing that he could do more than we've seen on the page. This is just what I think, it's not intended to be a defensible debate position.

We know exactly what happens when Gandalf is mortally wounded as he was in the fight with the Balrog. He dies.

Certainly his 'spirit' continues to exist, but the continued existence would be meaningless. When he died fighting Durin's Bane, his spirit was sent beyond time and space and while the books are unclear as to how he returned, it is clarified in Tolkien's letters, which state that it required the direct intervention of Eru.

Can he do more than he showed in the books? This is unclear. He is far less powerful than Sauron and Sauron never showed any feats that put him on Palpatine's level and, unlike Gandalf, he never held back. It's quite possible that Olorin is more powerful than Gandalf, but that's pure unfounded speculation. Battles in this forum require feats to back them up, otherwise the battles just degrade into fan baised wishful thinking. I do find it odd that you require feats proving Sidious' combat speed and are quite willing to make speculative guesses for Gandalf.

We don't know what happens to Gandalf the White when he dies, we only know what happened to Gandalf the Grey. The White version is obviously a more powerful version with a greater link to his pure form, and so it's unclear if he'd just die normally or not. It is true that when he originally died and was resurrected, that wasn't due to his own agency, he was acted upon from above. But we just don't know about his white version.

The reason I'm asking for speed feats for Sidious is because you made a clear statement, saying that he can do something. While I'm being clear that I'm just presenting a theory, and not presenting it as an argument, I'm saying it's a guess from the start. Normally I'd be glad to back things up, but in contexts like LOTR, there's just not enough evidence to make a convincing case on either side. There's just not enough feats; power tends to be implied rather than seen. Whereas Star Wars has hundreds of books, videos, comics, etc., and plenty of direct feats.

But even besides that, Gandalf is a magician (obviously), and it's always unclear what magicians can do. Let's take Dr. Strange, for instance. In his standard version, he's very powerful. But can he achieve X, Y, or Z specific effects with his magic, if it's never been shown on panel? Could Strange, for instance, increase his speed? I don't recall seeing him do it offhand, but given his overall power level, I don't see why not. I don't think I'd bring that into a battle forum debate as an argument, but I may well speculate about it, because it's reasonable that if he can do other powerful things with random effects, then he might well be able to do that too. Wizards are hard to deal with in that way, because their powers are random by nature. So I'm giving Gandalf a few wins because we just don't know what he can do.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#112  Edited By ShootingNova

@Picard said:

I don't know if we are talking about books or movies. If we are talking about movies, then Galdalf wins. I will address each of your points one by one:

Books is obvious, Palpatine crushes Gandalf in a murderstomp.

1. Telekinesis: both Gandalf and Saruman displayed this ability when they fought each other in Orthank, they throwed each other like ragdolls, they were closing doors with telekinesis and they were pulling objects with it. Also Gandalf deflected projectiles throwed by both Gimili and Legolas. Both axe and arrow broke when Gandalf deflected them with his staff. So whatever Palpatine will throw at Gandalf it will be easily deflected or obliterated on impact.

I fail to see how this is even remotely impressive compared to hurling multiple Senate Pods while levitating multiple others. You've also just proved Gandalf lacks telekinetic defense; Saruman (whose TK feats are not even remotely as impressive as Palpatine's) was hurling Gandalf around like a ragdoll. So Palpatine stomps him in telekinetics.

2. Lighting blast: all we know that it is largely ineffective. Only person who ever die in result of being hit by this blast was Vader and that only happened because he was more machine than man and lighting damaged his artificial respiratory system. No one else, ever suffered serious wounds because of it, at best it knocked someone for a while and then this person will just get up and will fight back. Lighting didn't kill Anakin in EP II, or Yoda and Palpatine in EP III, or Luke in EPVI. We also know that this lighting can be easily deflected or redirected when you are prepared for it: Obi-Wan protect himself from lighting in EP II, Mace Windu did this same in EP III, Yoda neutralized it only by using Force in both EP II and EP III. And we know that Gandalf is largely immune to energy based attacks: we saw that he can neutralize Balrog's flaming sword and bullwhip. We also know that Saruman's fireball does not harm him at all. So we have largely ineffective attack that can be neutralized, used against someone who is largely immune to energy based attacks. :) We also know that Palpatine's lighting only ever killed half-man, half-machine by frying his machinery, in other cases it only stunts, on the other hand we saw how Gandalf's lighting killed powerful demon of the ancient world. :) And yes Balrog was weakened by... fighting Gandalf!, so what's your point?

Umm.... what? Mace Windu was killed by it. Comparing Dooku's lightning to Palpatine's is worthless, it's obvious Palpatine's is profusely more powerful. Yoda clearly failed to "easily deflect it", his lightsaber being blasted out of his hands instantly.

The Balrog's blade and whip are featless. Saruman's fireball is featless. So we have some largely featless assaults being deflected, and compared to overwhelming great assaults, right. The Saruman feat is worthless anyways since it was from a deleted scene, meaning it is not canon, even when regarding solely the movies.

3. Speed feats: yes, Palpatine killed three featless Jedi masters, who just stand there at let them self to by killed, and then he get his ass kicked by Mace Windu. On the other hand Gandalf neutralized three mightess warriors in Middle-earth in less than a second. Also it won't be battle of swords, this will be battle of wizardry and wits. Gandalf can just heat up Palpatine's sabre forcing him to drop it, like he did against Aragorn. How can you know that Gandalf can't just do this same with Palpatine's body and boil Dark Lord's blood or fry his flesh? But for certain Isthari light will hurt or at least blind Palpatine long enough to disarm and kill him - we know that less powerful Force lightning bolts deformed Palpatine, one well aimed lighting from the sky will kill him.

They aren't featless. They were charging armies' worth of blaster fire in Episode II with the other Jedi. Besides, they did try to fight back:

1. Agen Kolar/Saesee Tinn had their blades out, when Palpatine came out close they raised their blades but were killed before they could do anything. Not to mention they have high-level precognition and clairvoyance.

2. Fisto did fight back (Mace had to help him deflect a blow) briefly before being overwhelmed and slain.

3. Gandalf has no speed feats even remotely impressive as this, nor can he apply any of his abilities. Show me Gandalf with the ability to even tag Palpatine with his ages-long lightning attack.

Heating the lightsaber up is such an abysmally worthless and fail point that it doesn't even deserve having an argument.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By ShootingNova

The errors in this thread are so laughable and lavishly ignorant I'm almost ashamed of having so many people being so ridiculous here on the Vine.

For the last time, Gandalf's resurrection was a feat for ERU ILLUVATAR, not himself. End of story.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vaeternus said:

LOL@ thinking protect is spike...I think if someone hates me or others, it's their problem. They should leave the site all together. Master is correct, if someone doesn't like someone else or a topic. IGNORE it, you don't come in here and flame the hell out of people you don't like, cry like a baby over it. It's fiction, who cares? You think I care if someone disagrees with me that much? To admit and say "absolutely necessary to curse to get my point across" is nothing more then a childish tactic to try to make others listen when they don't get their way.

@MasterJohn said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@protectyournose said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Vaeternus said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@JamesKM716 said:

Flagged

Exactly, it's all in good fun. Some people however take it to the next level and I don't have time for that. If need be I'll make sure the mods read what's happened here and do everything in my power to make sure it's fixed. Thanks for the good post, I agree entirely.

@JamesKM716 said:

@Vaeternus said:

Yes you have.

Here's what you said earlier and I quote: "Gandalf would just block his energy based attacks using the force and counter with his own powerful magic via TK chokes as he did to the king and Saruman reversing his spell..."

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Vaeternus

Still a feat for Gandalf, coming back when he dies...love how people are trying to take credit away from Gandalf and give Eru all the credit, yes Eru is all powerful but it also proves Gandalf apparently came back. I don't care if Superman sent him.

Azathoth, Telekinesis requires energy in order to move things, so it is energy based. It's called Kinetic Energy...so it is energy technically given the definition or would have to be considered"Magic" in SW and being as how they admit themselves in SWU with saying "it's not magic"...that leaves energy. Even Yoda says this while training Luke, "it's all around us, living things, the trees, the rock" etc

I was referring to the reverse spell casts from Saruman and wormtongue on the King, Gandalf The White as soon as he took off his garments immediately hurt Saruman and the spell on the King, then used his staff to reverse the spell on the king, Saruman felt this effect from miles and miles away also keep in mind from middle Earth, besides the King. Fireballs, Lightning are just quick casts of power on Gandalf's part. As well as durability, remember the fight with Balrog he went thru fire, water before landing several feet down on a mountain top some where.

I don't doubt a force/tk bubble could counter those things but in terms of his other abilities, he really can't do much to Gandalf.

If anything it further proves my point why Gandalf stomps Palpatine...until I see evidence of Palpatine resisting or avoiding or being immune to spells, Gandalf has a huge edge here with that alone.

Actually, book versions are more even movie versions are non debatable. Gandalf would murk Sidious easily....

So in other words, no counterpoint to how Palpatine cheats death other then "cloning" which isn't the real palpatine? As I thought..

Really? Proof?

Yes, powerful magic you are aware that's what Gandalf is right? Unlike "the force" with using the energy of things around you, Gandalf can do more. So by your logic, Luke can defeat Gandalf because "it's the force" lol, amusing.

No what I was saying by that was Gandalf would block any Force based attacks, not him using it. He doesn't have to, he has magic for that. Being as how at that time I was posting in various topics I worded it wrong, which I admit but never said "Gandalf can use the Force" like you're assuming.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By nick_hero22

The kinetic energy of an object is the energy which it possesses due to its motion. It is defined as the work needed to accelerate a body of a given mass from rest to its stated velocity. Having gained this energy during its acceleration, the body maintains this kinetic energy unless its speed changes. The same amount of work is done by the body in decelerating from its current speed to a state of rest.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Vaeternus

Kinetic energy has a lot to do with TK(Telekinesis aka Psychokinesis) if you read more into it.

http://home.xtra.co.nz/hosts/Wingmakers/Telekinesis.html

What is Telekinesis

Telekinesis is essentially the ability to move an object on the physical plane using only psychic power. While some people think that it is an occult practice, this is not strictly so.

I can only give my perspective, but I believe that we are all born with this skill. It is inherent, like walking, talking, breathing. We simply neglect it from day one.

A common theory is that TK works by energy fields (magnetic or electric) or by "waves" of psychic energy, which are actually dense enough to push/repel an object.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vaeternus said:

Still a feat for Gandalf, coming back when he dies...love how people are trying to take credit away from Gandalf and give Eru all the credit, yes Eru is all powerful but it also proves Gandalf apparently came back. I don't care if Superman sent him.

Azathoth, Telekinesis requires energy in order to move things, so it is energy based. It's called Kinetic Energy...so it is energy technically given the definition or would have to be considered"Magic" in SW and being as how they admit themselves in SWU with saying "it's not magic"...that leaves energy. Even Yoda says this while training Luke, "it's all around us, living things, the trees, the rock" etc

I was referring to the reverse spell casts from Saruman and wormtongue on the King, Gandalf The White as soon as he took off his garments immediately hurt Saruman and the spell on the King, then used his staff to reverse the spell on the king, Saruman felt this effect from miles and miles away also keep in mind from middle Earth, besides the King. Fireballs, Lightning are just quick casts of power on Gandalf's part. As well as durability, remember the fight with Balrog he went thru fire, water before landing several feet down on a mountain top some where.

I don't doubt a force/tk bubble could counter those things but in terms of his other abilities, he really can't do much to Gandalf.

If anything it further proves my point why Gandalf stomps Palpatine...until I see evidence of Palpatine resisting or avoiding or being immune to spells, Gandalf has a huge edge here with that alone.

Actually, book versions are more even movie versions are non debatable. Gandalf would murk Sidious easily....

So in other words, no counterpoint to how Palpatine cheats death other then "cloning" which isn't the real palpatine? As I thought..

Really? Proof?

Yes, powerful magic you are aware that's what Gandalf is right? Unlike "the force" with using the energy of things around you, Gandalf can do more. So by your logic, Luke can defeat Gandalf because "it's the force" lol, amusing.

No what I was saying by that was Gandalf would block any Force based attacks, not him using it. He doesn't have to, he has magic for that. Being as how at that time I was posting in various topics I worded it wrong, which I admit but never said "Gandalf can use the Force" like you're assuming.

What an incredibly stupid frame of reasoning...

If a surgeon saves a dying cancer patient's life, the full credit of that would obviously go to the surgeon. The receiver of that which is already given can't take any credit for the GIVING. The passenger doesn't take ANY credit for moving from one location to another if a driver was there to take him. Do you even know what a feat is?

Here. Let me break it down for you:

feat (n) -

aremarkable,skilful,ordaringaction;exploit;achievement:featsofstrength

The shield surrounding Gandalf displayed some resistance to energy PROJECTION based attacks. In some instances, the Force doesn't actually require you to be directly in front of a person or occupying the same breathing space of said person for it to work. The telekinetic facet of the Force could easily bypass Gandalf's shield and crush him from the inside and out, especially when harnessed by a Force wielder of Palpatine's level. TK isn't even projected so there's absolutely NO way Gandalf is going to avoid that. AT ALL.

What spells are you referring to that could possibly point to a STOMP in a Gandalf's favor, exactly? The only slightly significant things you've mentioned so far were the fireball, lightning, the 'magic shield', and Gandalf's reversing of Saruman's hold on Theoden King. Felt from miles away? That was because Saruman was obviously controlling him from miles away and he felt it when the spell was then broken and the breaking of the spell drove him out. That says nothing of the gravity of Gandalf's spells as far as that should go.

When it comes to the Book Versions: Sidious destroys Gandalf before either of them can see each other blink.

As for the movie versions: DEBATABLE.

It IS the REAL Palpatine, regardless of the fact that each body he uses is a facsimile of the original. His essence-transfer ability allows him to come back as much as he wishes, contrary to Gandalf's dependence upon Eru to do the same apparently.

There you go with the low-balling again.

Luke CAN actually defeat Gandalf, given the extent of his experience and training he currently has.

It's not about the content of one's abilities, but the QUALITY. There are different levels of Force Wielding in which different facets of the Force can be accessed by certain wielders. Some force users can heal, some force users can't. Some force users can do even more extraordinary things like summon black holes, force storms, and force destructions.

Ridiculous. So basically, what your argument boils down to, is that the ONLY explanations you have for Gandalf's defense against Palpatine's attacks are A) Gandalf has magic, B) Gandalf has magic, and C) Gandalf has magic.

What feats has Gandalf ever done to show resistance against high end telepathic attacks (doesn't even have to be the Force, since that doesn't exist in LOTR)?

Otherwise, Palpatine still takes this in a clean stomp.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#119  Edited By Baldy

@protectyournose said:

@Phylos said:

No

Gandalf is immortal, hes rose from the dead and Emperor on the other hand has not. Emperor has died and he stays dead.

Gandalf Stomps......

Uh, what? Yes he has. Multiple times in fact. Gandalf only came back through the direct intervention of Eru, Sidious needed no ones help but his own.

@Vaeternus:

I'm done with your trolling. Your arguments are full of logical fallacies, speculation, and outright lies. You claim that the movies are canon just because they are based on the books, yet they aren't even accurate.

If you seriously need to delude yourself with fanwank then go right ahead. Have fun.

@Owie said:

@Baldy said:

I was originally thinking more like 7 or 8 out of 10, but the thing is that we don't really know what would happen if Gandalf the White was stabbed or injured; would he die, or would he just be transformed into an elevated state somehow? That's purely speculation on my part, but as a maiar his true form is pretty ambiguous, so I'm hedging my bets on what happens if his body gets mortally wounded. Even when it comes to speed, we really have no idea. Maybe he could act with superhuman speed, maybe not; his power is too speculative to make a definitive statement. It's implied that he could do quite a bit, but we don't know his limits. So, again, I'm hedging my bets by guessing that he could do more than we've seen on the page. This is just what I think, it's not intended to be a defensible debate position.

We know exactly what happens when Gandalf is mortally wounded as he was in the fight with the Balrog. He dies.

Certainly his 'spirit' continues to exist, but the continued existence would be meaningless. When he died fighting Durin's Bane, his spirit was sent beyond time and space and while the books are unclear as to how he returned, it is clarified in Tolkien's letters, which state that it required the direct intervention of Eru.

Can he do more than he showed in the books? This is unclear. He is far less powerful than Sauron and Sauron never showed any feats that put him on Palpatine's level and, unlike Gandalf, he never held back. It's quite possible that Olorin is more powerful than Gandalf, but that's pure unfounded speculation. Battles in this forum require feats to back them up, otherwise the battles just degrade into fan baised wishful thinking. I do find it odd that you require feats proving Sidious' combat speed and are quite willing to make speculative guesses for Gandalf.

We don't know what happens to Gandalf the White when he dies, we only know what happened to Gandalf the Grey. The White version is obviously a more powerful version with a greater link to his pure form, and so it's unclear if he'd just die normally or not. It is true that when he originally died and was resurrected, that wasn't due to his own agency, he was acted upon from above. But we just don't know about his white version.

On what grounds can we assume that something new would happen to him if he died a second time? That's pure speculation, and unless there is some evidence to suggest that his durability is better after he was promoted, it doesn't have a leg to stand on.

But even besides that, Gandalf is a magician (obviously), and it's always unclear what magicians can do. Let's take Dr. Strange, for instance. In his standard version, he's very powerful. But can he achieve X, Y, or Z specific effects with his magic, if it's never been shown on panel? Could Strange, for instance, increase his speed? I don't recall seeing him do it offhand, but given his overall power level, I don't see why not. I don't think I'd bring that into a battle forum debate as an argument, but I may well speculate about it, because it's reasonable that if he can do other powerful things with random effects, then he might well be able to do that too. Wizards are hard to deal with in that way, because their powers are random by nature. So I'm giving Gandalf a few wins because we just don't know what he can do.

That is a 'no-limits' fallacy. We judge characters on known feats here, not speculative guessing. The reason is simply because if you base your entire opinion on speculation and how powerful you would like a character to be, your argument turns into one like Vaeternus.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Phylos

What an incredibly stupid frame of reasoning...

If a surgeon saves a dying cancer patient's life, the full credit of that would obviously go to the surgeon. The receiver of that which is already given can't take any credit for the GIVING. The passenger doesn't take ANY credit for moving from one location to another if a driver was there to take him. Do you even know what a feat is?

Here. Let me break it down for you:

feat (n) -

aremarkable,skilful,ordaringaction;exploit;achievement:featsofstrength

The shield surrounding Gandalf displayed some resistance to energy PROJECTION based attacks. In some instances, the Force doesn't actually require you to be directly in front of a person or occupying the same breathing space of said person for it to work. The telekinetic facet of the Force could easily bypass Gandalf's shield and crush him from the inside and out, especially when harnessed by a Force wielder of Palpatine's level. TK isn't even projected so there's absolutely NO way Gandalf is going to avoid that. AT ALL.

What spells are you referring to that could possibly point to a STOMP in a Gandalf's favor, exactly? The only slightly significant things you've mentioned so far were the fireball, lightning, the 'magic shield', and Gandalf's reversing of Saruman's hold on Theoden King. Felt from miles away? That was because Saruman was obviously controlling him from miles away and he felt it when the spell was then broken and the breaking of the spell drove him out. That says nothing of the gravity of Gandalf's spells as far as that should go.

When it comes to the Book Versions: Sidious destroys Gandalf before either of them can see each other blink.

As for the movie versions: DEBATABLE.

It IS the REAL Palpatine, regardless of the fact that each body he uses is a facsimile of the original. His essence-transfer ability allows him to come back as much as he wishes, contrary to Gandalf's dependence upon Eru to do the same apparently.

There you go with the low-balling again.

Luke CAN actually defeat Gandalf, given the extent of his experience and training he currently has.

It's not about the content of one's abilities, but the QUALITY. There are different levels of Force Wielding in which different facets of the Force can be accessed by certain wielders. Some force users can heal, some force users can't. Some force users can do even more extraordinary things like summon black holes, force storms, and force destructions.

Ridiculous. So basically, what your argument boils down to, is that the ONLY explanations you have for Gandalf's defense against Palpatine's attacks are A) Gandalf has magic, B) Gandalf has magic, and C) Gandalf has magic.

What feats has Gandalf ever done to show resistance against high end telepathic attacks (doesn't even have to be the Force, since that doesn't exist in LOTR)?

Otherwise, Palpatine still takes this in a clean stomp.

Win

redhood21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By redhood21

UNLIMITED POWUHHHH! vs "not a conjurer of cheap tricks"...hmmm

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Vaeternus

Unlimited power? lol if you're referring to the ring yes.

@Baldy, lol if you wish to call "facts" lies, so be it. You're the one that's posted flawed logic, not me. I've already told you and explained several times why Gandalf wins, but by all means continue to be a fanboy. The movies are based on the books which are canon, you're trying to dismiss the SW films entirely and use only the EU as a tool for an argument. *yawn* read a LOTR book please, then talk to me.

@azathoth, how you get not giving a doctor credit for curing someone to a mere fictional argument that nobody will ever know for sure boggles my mind, but hey I can tell someone's grasping lol. One of the most odd, random comparisons I've ever read on here.

First of all, if you're going to come at me with "all you're saying is Gandalf has magic," then I'll say all you're saying is "EU Sidious, this, EU Sidious that" completely dismissing the fact of A. his weaknesses and B. the fact that movies are more canon then EU so yeah....let's just ignore that part.

I'm well aware of what feats are, perhaps you should accept Gandalf's feats? Movie versions, it's not close Gandalf would stomp Palpatine. I can post vids of both the most impressive thing Palpatine did was shoot lightning and deal with Yoda...woahh. lol Gandalf took down a damn demonic underworld middle earth creature, died, came back, summoned lightning of his own, blocked fireballs with ease via his magic, uncasted spells, used TK attacks from a distance, close as well as busted Sarumans staff by merely saying it as well as disarming Aragon, Gimli and Legolas by merely waving his staff....creating blinding lights, telepathy with Middle Earth's animals, Eagles shall I go on? sorry but those alone ARE FAR more impressive then anything Palpatine has done. And if not for Anakin's interference, Mace would have killed him...pathetic. Mace isn't even the most powerful Jedi so humor me. lol @ Luke defeating Gandalf, sure...and Pikachu can defeat Superman. Luke would die fast against any version of Gandalf...I mean what Jedi throws away his light saber against a sith lord? Dumb much?

As for the rest, you still have yet to explain how Sidious will resist or counter Gandalf's spells....oh wait he won't. BTW, you may as just stay on one name backing yourself up as baldy/azathoth is kind of sad not for nothing. I know it's you because you speak nearly the same and constantly back to back trying to make yourself look good in every SW related topic....

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Spartan101

@jloneblackheart said:

Gandalf is a Maiar, which means he is a lesser god. He was put on Middle Earth to combat Sauron. He is supposed to help men and elves by spreading knowledge. Although he helped he probably could have done much more but he wasn't there to win he was there to guide.My point is that he is lesser god and should be able to defeat Palpatine. I don't think Palpatine could take the Balrog.
Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Phylos

@Vaeternus said:

used TK attacks from a distance,

Any telekinetic can do that, Palpatine can just do it better. I'm sure you've seen the scene where he is simultaneously levitating large objects and hurling them while keeping himself afloat on one. Showing no signs of fatigue whatsoever, Gandalf has to wave a staff in order to execute the effect...Palpatine does not.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Vaeternus

@Spartan101 said:

@jloneblackheart said:

Gandalf is a Maiar, which means he is a lesser god. He was put on Middle Earth to combat Sauron. He is supposed to help men and elves by spreading knowledge. Although he helped he probably could have done much more but he wasn't there to win he was there to guide.My point is that he is lesser god and should be able to defeat Palpatine. I don't think Palpatine could take the Balrog.

Exactly.

@Phylos said:

@Vaeternus said:

Any telekinetic can do that, Palpatine can just do it better. I'm sure you've seen the scene where he is simultaneously levitating large objects and hurling them while keeping himself afloat on one. Showing no signs of fatigue whatsoever, Gandalf has to wave a staff in order to execute the effect...Palpatine does not.

No they can't, I'm talking miles and miles. A normal telekinetic or standard TK user can't do that, not even Jean Grey. I'm talking distances, not like a block or few blocks. Palpatine hasn't proved to toss anything from miles distances. Actually, Gandalf doesn't have to always wave it, if you noticed third film he doesn't do anything yet still protects himself from Saruman's fireball as well as breaks his staff by merely saying it...and Palpatine can't defend himself against a spell cast by Gandalf.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Phylos

@Vaeternus said:

@Phylos said:

@Vaeternus said:

No they can't, I'm talking miles and miles. A normal telekinetic or standard TK user can't do that, not even Jean Grey. I'm talking distances, not like a block or few blocks. Palpatine hasn't proved to toss anything from miles distances. Actually, Gandalf doesn't have to always wave it, if you noticed third film he doesn't do anything yet still protects himself from Saruman's fireball as well as breaks his staff by merely saying it...

What evidence suggests that it was TK that knocked Saruman back? What Palpatine proved is his fine telekinetic control. Gandalf needed to take a rest after that encounter. What requires more skill, levitating multiple objects that probably weigh a lot & tossing them with great speed one right after the other without weakening or knocking someone back miles away? if Gandalf did that without acting through Theodin, then that would be something but the fact that he didn't proved that he required aid through a puppet.

You also discredit Palpatines force lightning like it isn't something to contend with. He can react with it quickly and keep the arc of energy going for an extended period of time. What proof do you have that Gandalf can maintain his shield while this is going on? He blocked a firebolt, can he block multiple bolts of force lightning? I think not, IMO.

Plus, Palpatine was fine after being hit with Yoda's force push. Got right up.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Vaeternus

Depends, a casted spell can only be undone by a wizard, sorcerer. Not an old man that can toss things and shoot lightning out of his hands...

I'm not discrediting Palpatine's force lightning but that's energy based, which Gandalf has proven to counter...

Here, So was gandalf he only rested for like a minute anyway. And Palpatine knew he could barely match Yoda with the Force because he ran from Yoda and was tossing seats at him from a far. Gandalf instantly protects himself from Saruman's fireball like nothing without even moving, and breaks Saruman's staff by merely speaking words...so yes he can block lightning, all he has to do is create a barrier not to mention cast a spell on Palpatine, which again the SW fans have yet to argue.

Israphael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Israphael

Dumbledore wins because horcrux.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Phylos

@Israphael said:

Dumbledore wins because horcrux.

lmfao, bless you.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Vaeternus

Harry Potter lol...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vaeternus said:

@Baldy, lol if you wish to call "facts" lies, so be it. You're the one that's posted flawed logic, not me. I've already told you and explained several times why Gandalf wins, but by all means continue to be a fanboy. The movies are based on the books which are canon, you're trying to dismiss the SW films entirely and use only the EU as a tool for an argument. *yawn* read a LOTR book please, then talk to me.

@azathoth, how you get not giving a doctor credit for curing someone to a mere fictional argument that nobody will ever know for sure boggles my mind, but hey I can tell someone's grasping lol. One of the most odd, random comparisons I've ever read on here.

First of all, if you're going to come at me with "all you're saying is Gandalf has magic," then I'll say all you're saying is "EU Sidious, this, EU Sidious that" completely dismissing the fact of A. his weaknesses and B. the fact that movies are more canon then EU so yeah....let's just ignore that part.

I'm well aware of what feats are, perhaps you should accept Gandalf's feats? Movie versions, it's not close Gandalf would stomp Palpatine. I can post vids of both the most impressive thing Palpatine did was shoot lightning and deal with Yoda...woahh. lol Gandalf took down a damn demonic underworld middle earth creature, died, came back, summoned lightning of his own, blocked fireballs with ease via his magic, uncasted spells, used TK attacks from a distance, close as well as busted Sarumans staff by merely saying it as well as disarming Aragon, Gimli and Legolas by merely waving his staff....creating blinding lights, telepathy with Middle Earth's animals, Eagles shall I go on? sorry but those alone ARE FAR more impressive then anything Palpatine has done. And if not for Anakin's interference, Mace would have killed him...pathetic. Mace isn't even the most powerful Jedi so humor me. lol @ Luke defeating Gandalf, sure...and Pikachu can defeat Superman. Luke would die fast against any version of Gandalf...I mean what Jedi throws away his light saber against a sith lord? Dumb much?

As for the rest, you still have yet to explain how Sidious will resist or counter Gandalf's spells....oh wait he won't. BTW, you may as just stay on one name backing yourself up as baldy/azathoth is kind of sad not for nothing. I know it's you because you speak nearly the same and constantly back to back trying to make yourself look good in every SW related topic....

I love how you ignore that the 'doctor' scenario was just a comparative example to prove a point, and took it like it was something completely irrelevant like most of the things you point out in your own arguments. If Eru was responsible for Gandalf's resurrection then obviously, anyone in their right might would conclude that the credit would go to ERU without the slightest omission. I also love how you simply brush aside my analogies, whilst either knowing or ignoring their validity, and hide behind some intangible barrier to justify your blatant ILLOGIC regarding Gandalf's non-feat of his "return from death". There are no rules in either universes (SW or LOTR) which states that certain instances can't be compared to real life situations and have similarities with said situations that make the comparisons feasible. It boggles your mind because such an idea is beyond you.

In no way did I state that EU Sidious wins simply because he's EU Sidious.

There you go with the strawman and putting words in people's mouth.

My reasoning for the conclusion made here is based on the summation of what each character is capable of.

For one, Gandalf has:

A) Fireballs (Which is cancelled out by Energy Dissipate and Force Bubble)

B) Lightning (Which is also cancelled out by Energy Dissipate and Force Bubble)

C) Magic Shield (Which is bypassed by Force Grip, Force Push, Force Choke, and Force Crush)

D) His Staff (Which would probably do slightly better against Palpatine due to its TK aspect)

E) Swordsmanship (Which is a non-factor since the light saber would cut through his sword)

F) Telepathy with animals (Which is eclipsed by Palpatine's force corruption)

G) The ability to create a blinding light (Which is a non-factor since Palpatine's defenses would already be up by the time it's brought into effect)

And for two, Palpatine has:

A) Force Lightning (Which is cancelled out by Gandalf's Magic Shield)

B) Force Bubble (Which cancels out Gandalf's energy projection and elemental attacks)

C) Force Grip (Which Gandalf has no defense against)

D) Force Push (Which Gandalf has no defense against)

E) Force Choke (Which Gandalf has no defense against)

F) Force Crush (Which is an even more devastating attack that Gandalf has no protection against)

G) Superior Reaction Timing (Which far surpasses Gandalf's)

And a slew of other CLEAR-AS-DAY feats that we could measure and use in a battle.

Palpatine was formidable enough to hinder Jedi sensitivity on a GALACTIC scale, single-handedly defeated three of the most 'celebrated swordsmen' in a light saber battle (confirmed by Obi Wan), have mind-fogging powers that could render the Jedi Council unable to gaze into the future, generate enough output in his force lightning to disintegrate three powerful Siths and wipe out fifty stormtroopers, and show capable of conjuring hyperspace wormholes that could rip surfaces from entire planets and crush an entire fleet of starships. All of which are vastly more impressive than anything that was either done by or IMPLIED about Gandalf's power scale.

I do accept Gandalf's feats. Maybe you should do the same for Palpatine's, thus making your ridiculous arguments less 'one-sided' and fueled by 'fanwank', yeah?

Palpatine could have actually CRUSHED Windu if he wasn't holding back for Anakin, actually. Gandalf wouldn't survive a second against an experienced, morals-off Luke Skywalker. Your low-balling absolutely holds no grounds. That you go so far as to say that an experienced Luke Skywalker would die 'FAST' against any known version of Gandalf is ridiculous, and you actually might as well tell me that Pikachu could stalemate Thanos, or something else that's equally STUPID.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vaeternus said:

This is actually the only name I go by.

We don't even speak nearly the same. Your accusations are baseless, just like every other mindless accusations and arguments you make on every other thread.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By nick_hero22

@Vaeternus said:

We don't even speak nearly the same. Your accusations are baseless, just like every other mindless accusations and arguments you make on every other thread.

Just flag him, so he can start on that 6th or 7th account.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

@Vaeternus said:

Just flag him, so he can start on that 6th or 7th account.

Nah. I'd rather he dig his own little holes and continue to make a fool of himself.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By ShootingNova

For informational sake (though I doubt this will help), I want to see some things. Show me Gandalf having reaction capable of seeing sublight speed ships in slow-motion:

Obi-Wan was already making that exact move as Anakin spoke. But they were inverted to each other: breaking right shot him one way while Anakin whipped the other. The tri-fighters' cannons ripped space between them, tracking faster than their starfighters could slip. His onboard threat display chimed a warning: two of the droids had remote sensor locks on him. The others must have lit up his partner. "Anakin! Slip-jaws!"

"My thought exactly."

They blew past the tri-fighters, looping in evasive spirals. The droid ships wrenched themselves into pursuit maneuvers that would have killed any living pilot. The slip-jaws maneuver was named for the scissorlike mandibles of the Kashyyyk slash-spider. Droids closing rapidly on their tails, cannonfire stitching space on all sides, the two Jedi pulled their ships through perfectly mirrored rolls that sent them streaking head-on for each other from opposite ends of a vast Republic cruiser. For merely human pilots, this would be suicide. By the time you can see your partner's starfighter streaking toward you at a respectable fraction of lightspeed, it's already too late for your merely human reflexes to react.

But these particular pilots were far from merely human.

The Force nudged hands on control yokes and the Jedi starfighters twisted and flashed past each other belly-to-belly, close enough to scorch each other's paint.

--Taken from Revenge of the Sith

Which is already far beyond Gandalf's capacity for reaction.

But even if he did have such a reaction speed, he would have lacked the ability to react to Palpatine (in fact he would have lacked the ability to even see Palpatine):

Anakin blinked and rubbed his eyes again. Maybe he was still a bit flash-blind—the Korun Master seemed to be fading in and out of existence, half swallowed by a thickening black haze in which danced a meter-long bar of sunfire. Mace pressed back the darkness with a relentless straight-ahead march; his own blade, that distinctive amethyst blaze that had been the final sight of so many evil beings across the galaxy, made a haze of its own: an oblate sphere of purple fire within which there seemed to be dozens of swords slashing in all directions at once.

The shadow he fought, that blur of speed—could that be Palpatine?

Their blades flared and flashed, crashing together with bursts of fire, weaving nets of killing energy in exchanges so fast that Anakin could not truly see them—but he could feel them in the Force. The Force itself roiled and burst and crashed around them, boiling with power and lightspeed ricochets of lethal intent. And it was darkening.

He could feel the end of this battle approaching, and so could the blur of Sith he faced; in the Force, the shadow had become a pulsar of fear.

-- Taken from Revenge of the Sith

I believe it is quite imaginable that certain Dark Side Force powers can obliterate Gandalf. Palpatine has mastered all Dark Side powers and techniques, and created his own ones at leisure:

Palpatine has spent decades studying the most arcane and esoteric Jedi disciplines. It is believed that he has mastered nearly all the known powers, previously unknown powers, and devises new ones at his pleasure.

--Taken from Dark Empire Sourcebook (credit to Silver2467)

With Essence Transfer, Palpatine can simply possess Gandalf within the space of death, even if he did die (yes, I know he won't).

Here he uses a Wormhole (before he has mastered it) to transport his spirit across the galaxy:

The moment the Emperor "died" at the Battle of Endor, Droga fell into an inexplicable insanity, butchering his crew and causing the Emperor's Shadow to plunge into Kaal's oceans. Even as he perished, Palpatine used the dark side knowledge the Sith Lords had granted him years earlier to rend space itself and transmigrate his essence across lightyears to Droga's body. The infusion of Palpatine's overwhelming dark side energies reduced Droga to incoherent madness. Eventually, Palpatine's Grand Vizier Pestage was able to find Droga and tear the Emperor's essence from Droga's body.

--Taken from Gamer #5 (credit to Silver2467)

With purely the force of will, Palpatine's spirit (with no host) returns from the void, anchoring itself to the physical realm:

Palpatine's body was destroyed. Separated from his clones, Palpatine was forced to survive in the maddening, bodiless existence of the void. Through sheer will he retained his identity, crossing the gulf of space to again take up residence in his clone body.

--Taken from The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

The power of Palpatine's lightning is shown to be capable of bending Windu's lightsaber (yes, Palpatine stopped only to convince Anakin to go to the Dark Side):

Lightning blasted the clouds above, and lightning blasted from Palpatine's hands, and Mace didn't have time to comprehend what Palpatine was talking about; he had time only to slip back into Vaapad and angle his blade to catch the forking arcs of pure, dazzling hatred that clawed toward him. Because Vaapad is more than a fighting style. It is a state of mind: a channel for darkness. Power passed into him and out again without touching him. And the circuit completed itself: the lightning reflected back to its source.

Palpatine still made no move to defend himself from Skywalker; instead he ramped up the lightning bursting from his hands, bending the fountain of Mace's blade back toward the Korun Master's face.

Mace's blade bent so close to his face that he was choking on ozone. "Anakin, he's too strong for me—"

This was beyond Vaapad; he had no strength left to fight against his own blade.

Palpatine's lightning is shown to be powerful enough to overpower Yoda (even with Yoda using Force Absorption/Tutaminis and Force Deflection):

In the Senate Arena, lightning forked from the hands of a Sith, and bent away from the gesture of a Jedi to shock Redrobes into unconsciousness. Then there were only the two of them. Their clash transcended the personal; when new lightning blazed, it was not Palpatine burning Yoda with his hate, it was the Lord of all Sith scorching the Master of all Jedi into a smoldering huddle of clothing and green flesh.

Palpatine can kill beings with Lightning:

Garrbo V'Droz almost dropped his glow rod when it shined off a face he recognized in one of the chambers. There was a grim smile on its face. The green-haired occupant of the chamber was someone with whom Garrbo V'Droz was intimately familiar: his brother, the construction foreman.

Whirling on his patron, he whimpered, "What is the meaning of this?" Emperor Palpatine smiled and said simply, "It means that you and I are the only ones left who know the way through the labyrinth to my...home for treasures too valuable even for my museum above. And soon, it will just be me," the Emperor grinned horribly, as Garrbo V'Droz cowered.

"Don't worry, my friend," hissed the dark figure, gesturing grandly at a vacant spot in the chamber, "you shall have a place of honor here. You've earned it."

Palpatine raised his hands, preparing to strike, and then, allowing himself a final moment to savor the fear in his victim, added, "And if 1 ever need your services again, I will not hesitate to clone you."

V'Droz cringed as the Emperor threw vicious bolts of lightning from his hands and ensured that the galaxy's finest architect was forever a part of his last, greatest work.

--Taken from The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook (His Finest Work) (credit to Silver2467)

"I need him alive!" Skywalker shouted. "I need him to save Padme!"

Mace thought blankly, Why? And moved his lightsaber toward the fallen Chancellor. Before he could follow through on his stroke, a sudden arc of blue plasma sheared through his wrist and his hand tumbled away with his lightsaber still in it and Palpatine roared back to his feet and lightning speared from the Sith Lord's hands and without his blade to catch it, the power of Palpatine's hate struck him full-on.

He had been so intent on Palpatine's shatterpoint that he'd never thought to look for Anakin's. Dark lightning blasted away his universe. He fell forever.

Prior to receiving any training in the Force, Palpatine hurls his father around a cabin, strangles his mother, distorts a bulkhead, and murders his siblings with the Force.

Once more Sidious allowed his memories to unfold, and he relived the crimethe event, as he had at last come to think of it. His father's limp and blooded body. The smashed skulls of the bodyguards. His hands clenched around his mother's slender throat—but not really, only in his mind, strangling her with his thoughts. The lifeless forms of his siblings, slumped here and there...

--Taken from Darth Plagueis

Prior to receiving any training, Palpatine is so powerful in the Force that Plagueis cannot scan him:

Palpatine’s fury buffeted Plagueis. Blossoms growing along the sides of the pathway folded in on themselves, and their pollinators began to buzz in agitation. FourDee reacted, as well, wobbling on its feet, as if in the grip of a powerful electromagnet. Had this human truly been born of flesh-and-blood parents? Plagueis asked himself. When, in fact, he seemed sprung from nature itself. Was the Force so strong in him that it had concealed itself?

--Taken from Darth Plagueis

And he creates Wormholes which rip through the space-time continuum, consuming entire fleets, the surfaces of planets and moons, and can teleport beings and spirits across the galaxy:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Palpatine drains the life force of the population of Byss (almost twenty billion) slowly while travelling across the galaxy, doing whatever he is:

Throughout the worlds submissive to the Empire, Byss is renowned as a paradise, whose siren call multitudes to willingly apply for emigration to its shores. Once there, wrapped in the power of the dark side, the immigrants become completely submissive, their life energy forever enslaved to the mind that would devour a galaxy.

--Taken from the Dark Empire endnotes

And Palpatine enslaves the minds of all those on Byss, which again, totals nearly twenty billion, and he does so simultaneously, instantaneously and effortlessly:

What better lure for multitudes than Byss's siren call of beauty and peace? Once there, their wills are destroyed by the Emperor and his Adepts, and replaced with an illusion of tranquility as they blissfully surrender their life energy to sustain the Emperor.

--Taken from Dark Empire Sourcebook

Palpatine is regarded as a Black Hole of the Force:

Now the scene below subtly altered, though to the physical eye there was no change. Powered by the dark side, Dooku's perception took the measure of those below him with exhilarating precision.
Kenobi was luminous, a transparent being, a window onto a sunlit meadow of the Force.
Skywalker was a storm cloud, flickering with dangerous lightning, building the rotation that threatens a tornado.
And then there was Palpatine, of course: he was beyond power. He showed nothing of what might be within. Though seen with the eyes of the dark side itself, Palpatine was an event horizon. Beneath his entirely ordinary surface was absolute, perfect nothingness. Darkness beyond darkness.
A black hole of the Force.

Palpatine's mere anger creates a Weather Storm, even though he is visually holding it back:

Reeling, Ferus stood next to Vader as the Emperor approached them. Clouds had rolled in like a great gray carpet; a storm was brewing. The thickness of the air and the coming storm seemed to give a hard change to the atmosphere.

Ferus felt the blast of the Emperor's fury, though he remained calm. Palpatine came straight to Vader.

-- Taken from Last of the Jedi: Master of Deception

As you can see, Palpatine has a multitude of methods to eliminate Gandalf, and Gandalf has absolutely no way of changing that, or eliminating Palpatine.

Gandalf lacks the ability to even remotely react to Palpatine, and Palpatine has dozens of ways of annihilating Gandalf. So, Palpatine does indeed obliterate Gandalf.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By ShootingNova

@Vaeternus said:

I must say, I don't know why you posted this. This is a deleted scene, meaning it isn't canon, even when regarding the movies.

Even if you did regard it, all Gandalf did was save himself from a featless fireball.

To the acutal thread, the amount of fallacious posts and utterly abhorrent quarrels is absolutely, completely and utterly disgusting, revolting, repulsive, horrendous, nauseating, sordid and ghastly.

The people arguing for Gandalf haven't even provided feats, quotes and so on and have only been blatantly speculating and proving they know nothing on Palpatine, which, in itself, is enough evidence their own "arguments" are hardly valid. Until somebody pulls their socks up and actually debates, you can say bye bye to this thread for being locked. It will be locked for being a mismatch, anyways.

I'm not holding grudges or vendettas, but people need to start actually debating, instead of lounging around cursing each other. That applies to several, in fact most, of the people on Palpatine's side as well. The behaviour in this thread is disgusting. It's a embarrassment to CV, and especially to all of those beings. It's just abhorrent. Hopefully there's going to be improvement, since somehow I don't think the mods will lock this. If they do, well then, too bad.

Again, I was just flicking through several of the later pages of this thread and I am purely horrified by the stench of putrid disgust that is oozing out of several posts. It's enough to make me retch.

Barring some of the more appropriate beings (you guys know who you are), I'm kindly asking you guys to desist from cursing and raving at each other in such an irrational, unsophisticated manner like barbaric, uncivilized lunatics. This is purely for the sake of sophistication, civilization, CV, helping the mods, and for yourselves.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By owie  Moderator

@Baldy said:

That is a 'no-limits' fallacy. We judge characters on known feats here, not speculative guessing. The reason is simply because if you base your entire opinion on speculation and how powerful you would like a character to be, your argument turns into one like Vaeternus.

No, I'm making a slightly different argument. I wouldn't like Gandalf to be or not be anything. Spell-casters are simply a special case. Traditionally, in comics and myth, their spells tend to be more or less deus ex machina, doing whatever needs to be done according to the plot. There's often no major limit to the kind of spells they can cast, although there is often a limit to the extent of the spells they can cast. Merlin, Gandalf, Harry Potter, Dr. Strange, Dr. Fate, Tim Hunter, Zatanna, Agatha Harkness--they can all do pretty much any kind of thing with their spells, but some of them are able to affect greater degrees of reality than others. I'd put Galdalf near the bottom of the various other wizards I just mentioned in terms of power level, but I'd include him with them in the sense that he's a generalist wizard. And you can't predict what kinds of things a generalist wizard's spells can do. I wouldn't make the same argument for non-spell-casters.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By nick_hero22

@ShootingNova said:

@Vaeternus said:

I must say, I don't know why you posted this. This is a deleted scene, meaning it isn't canon, even when regarding the movies.

Even if you did regard it, all Gandalf did was save himself from a featless fireball.

To the acutal thread, the amount of fallacious posts and utterly abhorrent quarrels is absolutely, completely and utterly disgusting, revolting, repulsive, horrendous, nauseating, sordid and ghastly.

The people arguing for Gandalf haven't even provided feats, quotes and so on and have only been blatantly speculating and proving they know nothing on Palpatine, which, in itself, is enough evidence their own "arguments" are hardly valid. Until somebody pulls their socks up and actually debates, you can say bye bye to this thread for being locked. It will be locked for being a mismatch, anyways.

I'm not holding grudges or vendettas, but people need to start actually debating, instead of lounging around cursing each other. That applies to several, in fact most, of the people on Palpatine's side as well. The behaviour in this thread is disgusting. It's a embarrassment to CV, and especially to all of those beings. It's just abhorrent. Hopefully there's going to be improvement, since somehow I don't think the mods will lock this. If they do, well then, too bad.

Again, I was just flicking through several of the later pages of this thread and I am purely horrified by the stench of putrid disgust that is oozing out of several posts. It's enough to make me retch.

Barring some of the more appropriate beings (you guys know who you are), I'm kindly asking you guys to desist from cursing and raving at each other in such an irrational, unsophisticated manner like barbaric, uncivilized lunatics. This is purely for the sake of sophistication, civilization, CV, helping the mods, and for yourselves.

If you would have been on here during the time before MKF30 main account got banned you would understand where my frustration and anger is coming from, you think this bad, you have seen a faction of how bad this can get, what you are seeing in this thread is merely child's play compared how bad it can actually get on the battle forum. I suggest you do a little research about the user in question.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Sidious FTW,,,for reasons why scroll up to shootingnovas post

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Baldy

@Owie said:

@Baldy said:

No, I'm making a slightly different argument. I wouldn't like Gandalf to be or not be anything. Spell-casters are simply a special case. Traditionally, in comics and myth, their spells tend to be more or less deus ex machina, doing whatever needs to be done according to the plot. There's often no major limit to the kind of spells they can cast, although there is often a limit to the extent of the spells they can cast. Merlin, Gandalf, Harry Potter, Dr. Strange, Dr. Fate, Tim Hunter, Zatanna, Agatha Harkness--they can all do pretty much any kind of thing with their spells, but some of them are able to affect greater degrees of reality than others. I'd put Galdalf near the bottom of the various other wizards I just mentioned in terms of power level, but I'd include him with them in the sense that he's a generalist wizard. And you can't predict what kinds of things a generalist wizard's spells can do. I wouldn't make the same argument for non-spell-casters.

You need to judge them from their accomplishments. It cannot be assumed that just because they use magic, they could do anything. By that logic Gandalf could have instantly defeated Sauron and completely negated the need for the War of the Ring. Even spell casters have upper limits. I would also like to point out that magic isn't a swiss army knife, just because someone is a wizard, there is nothing to say that they can just pull out whatever effect they want.

To suggest either of things to be true, is effectively the same as suggesting that all wizards are omnipotent until proven otherwise.

As it happens, we have strong evidence to suggest that we can in fact see Gandalf's upper limits, at least in his grey form. In the battle against Durin's Bane he collapses at least part of the Bridge of Khazad-dum, however at the cost of his staff exploding. It's hard to determine the exact role of an Istari's staff, as it is never truly made clear, but it's almost certainly at the very least a symbol of office, and I don't see him breaking it without using his strongest spells.

In evidence of this I submit Gandalf's removing of Saruman's color, after which Saruman's staff breaks, which seems to signify Saruman's sudden lose of power. Before resorting to kicking Saruman out of the Istari, he first offers to let him leave a free man in exchange for the key to his tower and his staff, further signifying it's importance to the wise ones.

"'Reasons for leaving you can see from your windows,' answered Gandalf. 'Others will occur to your thought. Your servants are destroyed and scattered; your neighbours you have made your enemies; and you have cheated your new master, or tried to do so. When his eye turns hither, it will be the red eye of wrath. But when I say 'free', I mean 'free': free from bond, of chain or command; to go where you will, even, even to Mordor, Saruman, if you desire. But you will first surrender to me the Key of Orthanc, and your staff. They shall be pledges of your conduct, to be returned later, if you merit them.'"- Lord of the Rings; The Two Towers.

@ShootingNova said:

@Vaeternus said:

Don't bother. I've already posted an excerpt from that part of the book. Saruman uses absolutely no magical abilities in that encounter with the exception of his enchanting voice (which may or may not be magical), and that didn't even manage to affect the mooks travelling with Gandalf.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Vaeternus

Nick, still running your mouth? Dude, you've been banned few times on past accounts so don't be a hypocrite. Secondly, you can't flag people's posts for disagreeing you can only do so if they're actually breaking the rules. Do you not know what the rules of the site are? By now, seriously? Like I said before among many others, you don't like my posts stay out of the thread. Otherwise I really don't care. And you're wrong btw, this is only a third actual name I've posted under(you've posted under more) and technically 2nd account since that one was made at my friends house for him to post a few times. So, again you are wrong.

@shooting, actually that is canon since it's apart of the extended edition which has more scenes...then normal versions. I can say the same for

@Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper

I'm well aware of Palpatine's feats and didn't ignore your random doctor analogy...because that is entirely different. one if a doctor CURES or fixes someone directly, obviously they're responsible. For this case there is no proof. All speculation, yeah I'm sure if Gandalf went all out he can do massive damage too. Like I said dude, two examples not you, baldy or nick can justify and that's the fact that Gandalf casts spells, Palpatine has NO defense against that or Sidious being able to defeat a balrog. He couldn't even handle a damaged one arm vader lol. I never mentioned Thanos vs. Pikachu, I said by your logic saying Luke can beat Gandalf which is still funny when you think about it, Superman would lose to Pikachu? I mean Pikachu is magic to some degree, and Superman's weak to magic so yeah...I bet you think that too right? On the contray, Gandalf makes energy sheilds to block force attacks, Gandalf casts spells that Palpatine again has NO defense to....btw yeah I believe that's your "only name" but doesn't matter, it's easy to hide under various names on here anyway but it really is obvious. Yet you say I make a fool of myself? lol users who resort to flaming=have no case. Besides, as you can see others in here agree with me so I really don't care for your petty, pointless, irrelevant insults. It does you no credit other then making you look desperate.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By nick_hero22

@Vaeternus said:

Nick, still running your mouth? Dude, you've been banned few times on past accounts so don't be a hypocrite. Secondly, you can't flag people's posts for disagreeing you can only do so if they're actually breaking the rules. Do you not know what the rules of the site are? By now, seriously? Like I said before among many others, you don't like my posts stay out of the thread. Otherwise I really don't care. And you're wrong btw, this is only a third actual name I've posted under(you've posted under more) and technically 2nd account since that one was made at my friends house for him to post a few times. So, again you are wrong.

@shooting, actually that is canon since it's apart of the extended edition which has more scenes...then normal versions. I can say the same for

@Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper

I'm well aware of Palpatine's feats and didn't ignore your random doctor analogy...because that is entirely different. one if a doctor CURES or fixes someone directly, obviously they're responsible. For this case there is no proof. All speculation, yeah I'm sure if Gandalf went all out he can do massive damage too. Like I said dude, two examples not you, baldy or nick can justify and that's the fact that Gandalf casts spells, Palpatine has NO defense against that or Sidious being able to defeat a balrog. He couldn't even handle a damaged one arm vader lol. I never mentioned Thanos vs. Pikachu, I said by your logic saying Luke can beat Gandalf which is still funny when you think about it, Superman would lose to Pikachu? I mean Pikachu is magic to some degree, and Superman's weak to magic so yeah...I bet you think that too right? On the contray, Gandalf makes energy sheilds to block force attacks, Gandalf casts spells that Palpatine again has NO defense to....btw yeah I believe that's your "only name" but doesn't matter, it's easy to hide under various names on here anyway but it really is obvious. Yet you say I make a fool of myself? lol users who resort to flaming=have no case. Besides, as you can see others in here agree with me so I really don't care for your petty, pointless, irrelevant insults. It does you no credit other then making you look desperate.

I was banned once for saying something about a user in the debater hall of fame (I do have alternates though for information), while you were banned several times for trolling and flaming in MK related threads.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Baldy

@nick_hero22: I wouldn't bother. He's trolling.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Vaeternus

Sorry, I don't troll like you do. I just debate and disagree ;) Making points isn't trolling, hate to break it to ya.

And nick, no I was banned once. Shows how much you know...and you're the one that baits people in MK topics, as oni brought up several times.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By nick_hero22

@Baldy said:

@nick_hero22: I wouldn't bother. He's trolling.

I can't wait for him to be banned again, he has to be one of the biggest trouble makers on here. What is the point of posting if the only thing you are going to do is low-ball and ignore all of Sidious's high-end feats such as blitz'ing Jedi Masters, mentally subjugating billions of people, and creating force storms which can wipe out an entire fleet. How is this match remotely fair?

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By nick_hero22

@Vaeternus said:

Sorry, I don't troll like you do. I just debate and disagree ;)

And nick, no I was banned once. Shows how much you know...and you're the one that baits people in MK topics, as oni brought up several times.

So correcting lies is the same thing as baiting? Maybe if you guys had a clue about what you were saying then there would be no need for me to correct you, but again you are the same person that said Raiden could beat the Flash and Ermac was a match for Jean Grey with the Phoenix.

And Oni is one of your alternates

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Vaeternus

If anyone should be banned, it should be you nick. Not me, I've done nothing wrong. You're the one trying every chance you get to start with me, and I'll make sure the mods know about it the more your continue. And there's several people on here who can back me up.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By nick_hero22

@Vaeternus said:

If anyone should be banned, it should be you nick. Not me, I've done nothing wrong. You're the one trying every chance you get to start with me, and I'll make sure the mods know about it the more your continue. And there's several people on here who can back me up.

You can try to play the victim card all you want, but everyone in this threads knows you are simply flaming and trying to cause confusion. If you are not familiar with a character's capability then do research, or ask for clarity, or don't post at all.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By owie  Moderator

@Baldy said:

@Owie said:

@Baldy said:

You need to judge them from their accomplishments. It cannot be assumed that just because they use magic, they could do anything. By that logic Gandalf could have instantly defeated Sauron and completely negated the need for the War of the Ring. Even spell casters have upper limits. I would also like to point out that magic isn't a swiss army knife, just because someone is a wizard, there is nothing to say that they can just pull out whatever effect they want.

To suggest either of things to be true, is effectively the same as suggesting that all wizards are omnipotent until proven otherwise.

As it happens, we have strong evidence to suggest that we can in fact see Gandalf's upper limits, at least in his grey form. In the battle against Durin's Bane he collapses at least part of the Bridge of Khazad-dum, however at the cost of his staff exploding. It's hard to determine the exact role of an Istari's staff, as it is never truly made clear, but it's almost certainly at the very least a symbol of office, and I don't see him breaking it without using his strongest spells.

In evidence of this I submit Gandalf's removing of Saruman's color, after which Saruman's staff breaks, which seems to signify Saruman's sudden lose of power. Before resorting to kicking Saruman out of the Istari, he first offers to let him leave a free man in exchange for the key to his tower and his staff, further signifying it's importance to the wise ones.

"'Reasons for leaving you can see from your windows,' answered Gandalf. 'Others will occur to your thought. Your servants are destroyed and scattered; your neighbours you have made your enemies; and you have cheated your new master, or tried to do so. When his eye turns hither, it will be the red eye of wrath. But when I say 'free', I mean 'free': free from bond, of chain or command; to go where you will, even, even to Mordor, Saruman, if you desire. But you will first surrender to me the Key of Orthanc, and your staff. They shall be pledges of your conduct, to be returned later, if you merit them.'"- Lord of the Rings; The Two Towers.

I agree with almost all of this. I am in fact judging him by his feats, which put him in a general class of spell-casters, and logic and tradition imply that spell-casters have a certain general range of kinds of magic. But, you're missing my second point, bolded above, which is that while generalist magic users usually have a wide variety of KINDS of magic, they do not all have the same DEGREE of ability to affect things. So I am not in any way implying that all spell-casters are omnipotent, and in fact I'm saying the opposite: some spell-casters are weaker than others. But, most of them have a relatively wide range of kinds of powers.

So for instance, off the top of my head, Gandalf lit arrows into fire so they burned up in flight. He lit other objects on fire. He turned his staff into a light. He broke Saruman's staff (either telekinetically, or because as the new leader of the order, Saruman's staff was subordinate to his; I tend to see it the latter way). He was able (in his white form) to disregard Saruman's magical voice. He was able to Command Saruman, turning him around and bringing him back to the window of Orthanc. He (along with Elrond) was able to heal Frodo after he crossed the river into Rivendell. He was able to magically lock a door in Moria, and feel the Balrog's magic contending with his through it. He can make magical fireworks that take on illusion-like forms like a dragon. He can manipulate smoke rings. He survived the physical battle with the Balrog for a long time period, and since the Balrog is larger and stronger than him, and has a whip of fire, that shows a fairly decent level of physical or magical durability, even though he eventually died. He also has the ring of Fire, which has its own unknown qualities. So this is just a quick survey of feats. They're obviously fairly widespread in kind: some offensive, some defensive, some totally miscellaneous. So a wide breadth of kinds of spells, and I would think that more in this style could be inferred. BUT, they also clearly have a certain power ceiling: he's not just defeating foes right and left, he can't massively affect huge geographic areas, he couldn't just heal Frodo immediately, he needed to rely on Shadowfax for transport and couldn't just teleport around, etc. A lot of them are very minimal in effect--the smoke rings and so on. But even those minor powers show a range to the kinds of things he could do, and it is logical to believe that he could do other generalist spells.

Sidious, meanwhile, given his Force Storm powers, or his ease at manipulating the Senate pods, has a generally higher level of power: he can manipulate the world to a greater extent. I wouldn't dispute the difference in their relative overall power levels at all. I'm just stating that Gandalf's powers are generalist and it can be logically assumed that he can do other things that are at the same basic power level as his other feats. While on the other hand, Sidious' powers are more likely to be fully cataloged at this point, partly due to the greater amount of Star Wars source material, and partly due to the fact that his powers are part of a system of abilities that are shared (at least in part) by other Force-users, so we generally know what kinds of things any Force-user can do at this point (while of course Sidious is at the very high end of the degree to which he can use them). So I'm giving Gandalf the benefit of the doubt that he may be able to pull a couple wins out, even though he may be less powerful overall. Thinking about it more, I'd probably up Sidious' wins to 7/10.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Vaeternus

@nick_hero22 said:

@Vaeternus said:

You can try to play the victim card all you want, but everyone in this threads knows you are simply flaming and trying to cause confusion. If you are not familiar with a character's capability then do research, or ask for clarity, or don't post at all.

I'm not playing anything but I have asked you to stop bothering me and you've ignored it, as have other users in here from oni, protect, master john, myself etc. Yet you ignore it...

Next time you post regarding the topic and don't just come at me then cry about a topic being closed. You do it all the time in MK topics, and those you feel are "mis-matches" but really aren't. You just can't handle someone disagreeing with you.