#1 Edited by i_like_swords (13811 posts) - - Show Bio

The most dangerous woman in the universe VS The Amazonian Goddess

A flat colosseum. There will be a crowd making the usual racket you would expect.

Character Settings:

- Both of their stats are reduced to Captain America and are stripped of any powers (such as flight).

- Both are in character. This fight is to the death, and they are both looking to kill eachother.

Rounds:

Round 1:

• Both armed with just a steel sword in terms of weapons. No armor, just clothing. (WW won't go insane without her bracers)
  • No prep
  • No knowledge
  • First Pre-52 WW, then New 52 Wonder Woman

Round 2:

• Standard gear for both (No guns..)
  • No prep
  • No knowledge

Round 3:

• This will be a traditional gladiator style deathmatch
  • Both armed with a steel shield, two throwable or otherwise usable spears, one Gladius sword
  • Both wearing light leather armor, boots, bracers, helmet
  • Two minutes into the fight four starved tigers will be released into the colesseum

Who takes it?

#2 Posted by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

Good fight!!

I want to say Gamora, but she had a pretty low showing the other day that will most certainly be brought up and will not help her cause.

#3 Posted by i_like_swords (13811 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbuck: You must be joking.

Did you SEE what she did to Iron Man? :p

#4 Posted by i_like_swords (13811 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#5 Edited by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbuck: You must be joking.

Did you SEE what she did to Iron Man? :p

In what? I have GotG #4 and the latest IM, it's not in either. Can you break it down for me? Either way, I just read GotG Tomorrows Avengers and she's a one woman Badoon wrecking machine, and looked awesome doing it. Irrelevant to this discussion is the part of the fight that illustrates her durability where after slicing up their big gun, she drops him into a plasma pit for the second time and comes out completely unscathed.

Anyway, I'm going with Gamora here.

#6 Posted by crackerjack82 (2606 posts) - - Show Bio

while i have to give wonder woman, the advantage in strength, she does not have unbreakable bones, nor a healing factor, something gamora has, and while wonder woman has Skill, gamora knows 85% of all H2H combat arts in the entire universe, she has low showings from time to time, but i say she takes it

#7 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2796 posts) - - Show Bio

Close fight,,I'm leaning towards gamora but WW is so damn tough,she may not have the thanos upgrades to her physiology but she is arguably the best fighter in DC at least top three. This is a good fight!! I'm thinking about taking the chicken shit way out and saying they each take 5/10 lol

#8 Posted by Pokeysteve (8233 posts) - - Show Bio

while i have to give wonder woman, the advantage in strength, she does not have unbreakable bones, nor a healing factor, something gamora has, and while wonder woman has Skill, gamora knows 85% of all H2H combat arts in the entire universe, she has low showings from time to time, but i say she takes it

Some one didn't read the OP very well :P

- Both of their stats are reduced to Captain America and are stripped of any powers (such as flight).

#9 Posted by crackerjack82 (2606 posts) - - Show Bio

well then this is a crappy fight, and Gamora will own wonder woman in a near stomp, since they get to keep there skills, Gamora outclasses WW

#10 Posted by sync1 (2947 posts) - - Show Bio

WW wins imo.

#11 Posted by The_PAIN (720 posts) - - Show Bio

Gamora was trained by Thanos IIRC. I will vote for her.

#12 Posted by cfrehse (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

id say gamora. If you think about it she does def know more fighting styles than ww.

#13 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11976 posts) - - Show Bio

In a fight against Pre-52 Wonder Woman, I cannot say that I know the exact level of skill that Gamora possesses ... but I'm lead to believe that is something that is apart of the character as a whole. She doesn't truly rely on much else unlike Wonder Woman. With stats reduced and playing grounds level, I must give Gamora the win overall because her feats of skill outnumber Diana's. Diana has many feats of fighting skilled warriors of all kinds and training under earths masters, but that isn't her main focus. Although I cannot say that she doesn't use skill in most of her fights, it isn't something the writers pay too much attention to in some cases cus Diana has to deal with magical creatures she cannot simply punch kick and grab. I would argue that Diana could be more experienced due to her 1000 years in Valhalla, but as far as skill feats go she's lagging behind. Batman stated she was the best melee fighter and her feats with swords, axes and spears hold some proof to it, but not enough for me personally.

In a fight against New 52 Wonder Woman, Nu52 Diana hasn't shown much really in the department of pure skill........she'd probably get stomped by Gamora. Not much else to it, I'm not even going to consider her in the final analysis ...

Gamora wins round 1: 6/10 times: Although I believe Diana to be more skilled and experienced with a sword, Gamora has more feats of it, better ones anyway.

Diana wins round 2: 6/10 times: With her magical bracelets, tiara and lasso, Diana pretty much changes the game. Hard fought battle, but her gear gives her an edge.

Round 3 is a tossup: 5/10 times: Round 3's setup is Wonder Woman's scene, this is her type of game and she knows it well. Gamora still has her in skill, but Diana's experience with that type of environment is to her advantage.

I don't like when characters have to be depowered in order to make a fair fight using almost whoever you want, if a character is too powerful then simply put them against character's in their class. This thread wasn't that bad though...

#14 Posted by i_like_swords (13811 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve said:

well then this is a crappy fight, and Gamora will own wonder woman in a near stomp, since they get to keep there skills, Gamora outclasses WW

If I didn't strip them of powers WW would stomp, thus making this a "crappy fight." I was interested in who is the more skilled fighter.

#15 Posted by i_like_swords (13811 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: In the the rules it says something along the lines of "it is okay to put two characters stats the same to see who is better hand-to-hand" that's all I was doing here. Two women, both skilled in similar weaponry, put in a fair matchup to determine who's more skilled.

#16 Posted by Cgoodness (4200 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't follow these characters that mutch, but I do believe wonderman defeated ares in a fight so ill give this to her

#17 Posted by i_like_swords (13811 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump dumpling

#18 Edited by Ostyo (7389 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, tough call but...6/10 Gamora...maybe.

#19 Posted by dondave (35921 posts) - - Show Bio

In a fight against Pre-52 Wonder Woman, I cannot say that I know the exact level of skill that Gamora possesses ... but I'm lead to believe that is something that is apart of the character as a whole. She doesn't truly rely on much else unlike Wonder Woman. With stats reduced and playing grounds level, I must give Gamora the win overall because her feats of skill outnumber Diana's. Diana has many feats of fighting skilled warriors of all kinds and training under earths masters, but that isn't her main focus. Although I cannot say that she doesn't use skill in most of her fights, it isn't something the writers pay too much attention to in some cases cus Diana has to deal with magical creatures she cannot simply punch kick and grab. I would argue that Diana could be more experienced due to her 1000 years in Valhalla, but as far as skill feats go she's lagging behind. Batman stated she was the best melee fighter and her feats with swords, axes and spears hold some proof to it, but not enough for me personally.

In a fight against New 52 Wonder Woman, Nu52 Diana hasn't shown much really in the department of pure skill........she'd probably get stomped by Gamora. Not much else to it, I'm not even going to consider her in the final analysis ...

Gamora wins round 1: 6/10 times: Although I believe Diana to be more skilled and experienced with a sword, Gamora has more feats of it, better ones anyway.

Diana wins round 2: 6/10 times: With her magical bracelets, tiara and lasso, Diana pretty much changes the game. Hard fought battle, but her gear gives her an edge.

Round 3 is a tossup: 5/10 times: Round 3's setup is Wonder Woman's scene, this is her type of game and she knows it well. Gamora still has her in skill, but Diana's experience with that type of environment is to her advantage.

I don't like when characters have to be depowered in order to make a fair fight using almost whoever you want, if a character is too powerful then simply put them against character's in their class. This thread wasn't that bad though...