• 61 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

House Stark, House Lannister and House Targareyen have been sent a proposal. They are to send a team of 4 people to represent their Houses to fight in an arena. The teams will fight together to beat the other 2 teams. Whoever wins will be declared the Ruling house of Westeros.

When the three teams get there, they find out that there is a bonus team fighting.

Which House wins?

Rules

1. Everyone at their peak condition with their preferred fighting gears and weaponry.
  2. No poisons
  3. No Bows
  4. (new rule) TV feats preferred but books are also applicable aka - The starks aren't young boys like in the books .
  5. In Character.

House Stark

1. Eddard Stark; Lord of Winterfell with the Great sword Ice
  2. Robb Stark; King of the North
  3. Jon Snow; with the Bastard sword Longclaw
  4. Brienne of Tarth; with the Oathkeeper

House Lannister

1. Jamie Lannister; Peak condition with the Widows Wail
  2. Ser Gregor Clegane; The Mountain that rides
  3. Ser Sandor Clegane; The Hound
  4. Ser Bronn

House Targaryen.

1. Ser Jorah Mormont
  2. Ser Barristan Selmy; Peak Health
  3. Grey Worm; Commander of the Unsullied
  4. Daario Naharis

Surprise Team.

1. The Great Khal Drogo
  2. Syrio Forel; The First Sword of Braavos
  3. Jaqen H'ghar; The faceless assassin.
  4. Oberyn Martel; The Red Viper of Dorne

Daznaks Pit
Daznaks Pit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry if I missed out on any great fighters!

My Vote goes towards team Targaryen. They said Selmy was the greatest fighter in all of Westeros and has been undefeated in battle.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

House Stark is getting absolutely wrecked. Rob and Jon are non-factors and will be killed with barely any resistance by just about every other fighter on this list. Brienne is good but still not in the league of some of the names here. Eddard was a good soldier, but I seriously doubt he's as good a duelist as the legendary swordsmen he's being put up against. The slaughter that takes place here will make the Red Wedding seem like a ball.

I feel like House Lannister is most likely to win. Jaime is the second most skilled swordsman of the list and could make quick work of most people here, and he's being supported by the freakish big and freakish strong Mountain and his almost as big and much more skilled brother the Hound. These are three of the most dangerous men on Westeros. Adding Bronn is just gravy.

Of course Barristan the Bold gives House Targaryen a good shot. He is the best here, a legend in his prime. Unfortunately Jorah isn't quite on the same level as the Cleganes, and Daario only has a slight edge over Bronn in my opinion. Grey Worm wouldn't pose much of a challenge to anyone on the lannister side besides Bronn.

The surprise team has some good fighters, but the fact none of them favor armor is a big handicap. This is a four way group battle. Any attack from behind or stray blow is going to seriously cripple them, while it may just bounce off an armored fighter. There's also the fact that the Faceless Assassin doesn't have any dueling feats and kills from the shadows.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Starks get slaughtered again.

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good fight and very interesting. House Lannister has arguably the best and most dangerous team on the field. While Barristan at peak health is probably the single deadliest and most skilled guy here... the Lannister's with the Jaime/Clegane Bros. Combo is brutal, and probably bests Barristan. Remember, as good as he is... he still was beat at the battle of the Trident.... it was just Robert Baratheon's admiration that kept him alive. That being said... I wouldn't count out the Stark's. Robb for example, never lost a battle... and it's not a stretch to imagine Ned being better than Robb. Ned did in fact walk away from a fight with Dayne.... though he had assistance. Regardless though, Dayne was supposed to be so good that even with assistance Ned shouldn't have been able to walk away without being pretty skilled in his own right. Great overall fight though... i'll think about it before rendering an "official" opinion, but right now, the Surprise Team isn't winning, and I don't see team Targ. taking this either.... at least not the majority... Good fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_of_light_2814: Though I do agree on your assessment on the surprise team. Although Syrio has been said to be one of the best fighters in the east. I don't quite agree with your assessment of House Stark (@metaljimmor: )

I think Jon snow is one of the more formidable fighters in GOT. He'll eventually become the lord commander of the north and he's had the most fighting experience since the series has started. I do get that they aren't the best fighters, thats why I gave them all Valaryian Steel. They at least have the best weaponry. They also have Robb Stark, as the King of the North he was completely undefeated in battle. Though a lot of this relies on tactics, tactics & strategy might come into play.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Lannisters. But the surprise team has a good shot.

war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

" Never defeat in a battle" is referred to his skill as a military commander,it has nothing to do with his combat capability.

The only character I remember Robb fought is Joffrey and that was a sparring match.

@war_of_light_2814: Though I do agree on your assessment on the surprise team. Although Syrio has been said to be one of the best fighters in the east. I don't quite agree with your assessment of House Stark (@metaljimmor: )

Wut?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good fight and very interesting. House Lannister has arguably the best and most dangerous team on the field. While Barristan at peak health is probably the single deadliest and most skilled guy here... the Lannister's with the Jaime/Clegane Bros. Combo is brutal, and probably bests Barristan. Remember, as good as he is... he still was beat at the battle of the Trident.... it was just Robert Baratheon's admiration that kept him alive. That being said... I wouldn't count out the Stark's. Robb for example, never lost a battle... and it's not a stretch to imagine Ned being better than Robb. Ned did in fact walk away from a fight with Dayne.... though he had assistance. Regardless though, Dayne was supposed to be so good that even with assistance Ned shouldn't have been able to walk away without being pretty skilled in his own right. Great overall fight though... i'll think about it before rendering an "official" opinion, but right now, the Surprise Team isn't winning, and I don't see team Targ. taking this either.... at least not the majority... Good fight.

Certainly the Lannisters have the best team and the most notable. That might be their own downfall. This is a gladiator match filled with people who might not even fight honourably. Some of the fighters here aren't afraid to gang up on one character while some Houses, House stark or House Targaryen, will eventually fight as a unit and others, (Kahl, the Mountain, the Viper) will be too proud to fight as a group.

Robb for example might convince the team to take down the Lannisters because they are the biggest threat.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soaringturkeys:

Keep in mind Rob and Jon are like, 14-16. They have next to no real experience in swordplay and neither are especially known for their combat prowess in the way Loras Tyrell is, for example. Jon was good at defeating the other trainees who didn't grow up learning swordplay, and Rob was good at fighting on a battlefield with soldiers at his back. They are good fighters in their own right, but they are still nowhere near comparable to the older, more mature fighters on the list who have more strength, experience, and skill.

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is how I have the fighters ranked. Lowest number = best chances.
Team Stark - 4+8+13+14= 37
Team Lann. - 2+6+7+10=25
Team Targ.- 1+9+11+15= 36
Team Surp.- 3+5+12+16=36

1. Barristan
2. Jaime
3. Drogo
4. Eddard
5. Oberyn
6. The Mountain
7. The Hound
8. Brienne
9. Daario
10. Bronn
11. Grey Worm
12. Syrio
13. Jon
14. Robb
15. Jorah
16. Jaqen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

" Never defeat in a battle" is referred to his skill as a military commander,it has nothing to do with his combat capability.

The only character I remember Robb fought is Joffrey and that was a sparring match.

@soaringturkeys said:

Wut?

Syrio Forel, fighter from the surprise team, the one that trained Arya, is said to be one of the best swordsmen and is the best swordsmen n his land.

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Folks here are forgetting, Robb Stark never lost a battle. He was always where the fighting was thickest and always came out on top. Just because the books arn't specific as too who he fights.... he waged a war and stood a good chance of winning... if not for treachery. During the entire War he was up front and center in nearly every fight. The Stark's while having no actual face to face type feat's were only done in through treachery.

I'd also like to amend my earlier statement about Barristan being the deadliest guy here.... that honor would go to Jaqen H'ghar. Given that this is a straight up fight though... i'm not sure how well he'd fare.... but still he's deadly as all get out... so i'd urge folks to remember him as well. The Lannister's are deadly here... but there are other's that could do some serious damage and it seems folks maybe would just automatically underestimate.

war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soaringturkeys: I never said anything about the surprise team that's what my "wut" was about.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: Sorry just made an amendment. It's their TV personalities, so they are their Young Adult versions.
Though I do agree with you with everything else.

Why I said Robbs tactics would be great is that he would know fighting as a unit as opposed to separately would be a huge advantage. Tactics and strategy will play a huge factor in this gladiator match

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_of_light_2814:

Sorry I was just posting a reply towards your comment about the starks :) and I posted something straight after to show what your relevance was to the post.

@lateralus The fight wont be as straight up as who the best fighter is. Team Stark for example will most likely fight as a unit only breaking out when it's necessary. Surprise Team would be one for one on 1 fighting looking to fight the best people. Team Targareyan would most likely be on the defensive the entire time.

@schillenger420: is that team stark your 'official' vote? Very good points too

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MetalJimmor

@soaringturkeys:

Keep in mind Jaime has also lead armies to victory on several occasions. He was captured by Rob because of a feign maneuver and hit a large force he wasn't expecting to run into, which can happen to anyone. Faulty intelligence can ruin even the best commanders.

Currently Jaime is leading a successful campaign in the Riverlands and seemed to be pretty comfortable in a leadership position.

Certainly the Lannisters have the best team and the most notable. That might be their own downfall. This is a gladiator match filled with people who might not even fight honourably. Some of the fighters here aren't afraid to gang up on one character while some Houses, House stark or House Targaryen, will eventually fight as a unit and others, (Kahl, the Mountain, the Viper) will be too proud to fight as a group.

Robb for example might convince the team to take down the Lannisters because they are the biggest threat.

I wanted to address this as well. Rob likely won't be leading the Starks, Eddard will be. He's likely a superior military commander to his young and inexperienced son anyway, but this is important for a key reason. Eddard fought against the Targaryens in the war. He has no allegiance to Danaerys. He's also extremely honor bound, and the idea of allying with an enemy to defeat another enemy would likely leave a bad taste in his mouth. Not to mention the presence of Ser Jorah Mormont, whom Eddard would like very much to lock up for his crimes against the realm.

Likewise Eddard is part of the reason Dany's family was slaughtered. Sure Jaime and the Lannisters were enemies too, but Ned Stark was one of the lead generals. And we know how the Mother of Dragons feels about former enemies. Jorah likewise won't appreciate the idea of working alongside the man who sentenced him to death.

Every group has a good reason to kill every other group. I don't see alliances being formed mid battle, as that would require extensive negotiations to settle a lot of bad blood between all the different factions.

war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soaringturkeys:

Keep in mind Jaime has also lead armies to victory on several occasions. He was captured by Rob because of a feign maneuver and hit a large force he wasn't expecting to run into, which can happen to anyone. Faulty intelligence can ruin even the best commanders.

Currently Jaime is leading a successful campaign in the Riverlands and seemed to be pretty comfortable in a leadership position.

I wanted to address this as well. Rob likely won't be leading the Starks, Eddard will be. He's likely a superior military commander to his young and inexperienced son anyway, but this is important for a key reason. Eddard fought against the Targaryens in the war. He has no allegiance to Danaerys. He's also extremely honor bound, and the idea of allying with an enemy to defeat another enemy would likely leave a bad taste in his mouth. Not to mention the presence of Ser Jorah Mormont, whom Eddard would like very much to lock up for his crimes against the realm.

Likewise Eddard is part of the reason Dany's family was slaughtered. Sure Jaime and the Lannisters were enemies too, but Ned Stark was one of the lead generals. And we know how the Mother of Dragons feels about former enemies. Jorah likewise won't appreciate the idea of working alongside the man who sentenced him to death.

Every group has a good reason to kill every other group. I don't see alliances being formed mid battle, as that would require extensive negotiations to settle a lot of bad blood between all the different factions.

I didn't mean that they would ally against an enemy team. I mean that they would go fight as a unit or even wait for everyone to kill each other off. They have the strongest bond as a team while team lannister could easily get picked off and they certainly won't fight together even for the sake of the kingdom.

The Viper for example would run straight to the mountain then to Jaime. And Drogo will likely challenge the who he deemed the best fighter. I can see Bronn being by himself staying out of trouble until the very end while Grey Worm and Syrio will most likely wait until they are challenged rather than challenge anyone.

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By schillenger420

@soaringturkeys: I'm leaning towards the Starks, as in a battle like this teamwork and tactics count for a lot... and they should by far have the best of those. If it was just team Stark vs. team Lannister though... i'd have to give it too the Lannister's. The only Stark that could solo Jaime is Ned, and that's a pretty questionable outcome. The Lannister's are beasts in this fight. The Stark's being who they are though, they're both smart and tend to fight defensively. Strong, slow, and methodical.... always with honor. I could see them hanging back here and seeing what happens. The Lannister's downfall is that they won't really fight like a team that much. There's way to many ego's on that team, and Gregor's just kind of insane. As beastly as he is... he goes down pretty easily to some of these guys. Too many ego's and lack of teamwork is actually a problem for every team but the Starks.... yet many guys on the other teams have more explicit feats. I'm still leaning for the Starks.... but it's late and I'd need to do a breakdown... which right now i'm too lazy to go through. Quick question though... do the Starks get their Wolves? Grey Wind and Ghost are both part of what i'd call Robb and Jon's "gear." I know that might be a cop-out or whatever, but in the books both Wolves are constant companions and with the Starks every step of the way (almost in Jon's case). It's a valid question.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MetalJimmor

@soaringturkeys:

Ah, sorry I misunderstood you.

Still, Jaime, the Mountain, the Hound, and Bronn are all soldiers who have fought in battle alongside other soldiers. They know how to take and follow orders. They aren't wild men who will completely ignore Jaime's commands and leave the safety of a group to get slaughtered. Even the Mountain, who is easily the most hot headed and aggressive fighter here, served Tywin Lannister loyally for years and never once went against Tywin's orders. The only group that might divide into separate smaller groups are the extra team, and that's because it's made up of characters with no loyalties toward one another and who don't actually fight in a military unit.

Still, this is also a small group battle. The quality of fighters counts for a lot more than tactics in this kind of scenario, and House Stark is sorely lacking in terms of skilled fighters. Even if Rob and Jon double team say, the Hound, they'll get slaughtered with little to no resistance. With this many truly spectacular fighters, House Stark is basically fighting with a handicap due to Rob and Jon.

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By schillenger420

@metaljimmor: Even though that wasn't addressed to me, I feel the need to say, I disagree with your assessment. The Lannister's have issues because Gregor Clegane is such a hothead, and Sandor hates him. Those two won't help each other at all. It'd be real easy to egg on Gregor, and nobody will help him except maybe Jaime... Bronn sure won't. In a "fighting as a team" context the Lannister's are the second weakest, next to the Surprise team who are made up of solo fighter's who probably won't work as a team anyway.... but they do have some of the best individual fighters. Syrio's no joke 1v1... I think he'd solo the Mountain, though probably not Sandor.... and Jaquen.... he's a serious wild card... who knows what that guy could actually pull off.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schillenger420:

Perhaps the lannisters are the third most "organized" as a team, but they doesn't mean they'll run off alone to be easily picked off. As I said, they are all soldiers who all know how to follow orders in battle. Even the Mountain, who gained notoriety by being a powerful force on the battlefield.

I disagree on Syrio beating the Mountain. The guy's a fencer, and likely uses a rapier as his standard weapon. Gregor would have a considerable reach advantage and wears his freakish thick plate armor. That rapier likely isn't getting through that unnatural armor. Syrio would have to dance around Gregor for a while and get at his joints, which won't work in a group on group battle as others can intervene. And of course, as Bronn said, one blow is all it'd take for Gregor to end Syrio.

As I said before, Jaquen is a good assassin, but that doesn't translate in direct combat skill.

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: Dancing is exactly what Syrio's good at. His fighting style is after all called "water-dancing." As far as Jaqen, when Arya was leaving Harrenhall there were numerous guards dead, but appearing alive, all done by Jaquen, and all without any alarm being raised. He pulled off some Batman type moves there, and what he'd do in a melee like this is strictly conjecture. What we can agree on though is that he'd be one deadly S.O.B. Certainly deadlier than quite a few folks in this fight. I'd label him the deadliest "Sellsword" here... as that's essentially what he is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schillenger420: Haha probably not. I feel like that would give a massively distinct advantage if there were two direwolves present.

I see team Targaryen also working as a unit. Though not as effectively, only one of them has a massive ego.

@metaljimmor: How does this sound?

The group will be divided into 5

1. People who will work with a unit and work defensively ( House Targaryen minus Dharrio)
  2. People who will work with a unit and work offensively ( House Stark)
  3. People with egos that will likely try a 1v1 fight (Jamie, The Viper, The Mountain, Khal & Dahrrio)
  4. People without egos that will be by themselves and fight when challenged ( Syrio, The Hound)
  5. People who will avoid fighting until the very end or until they see an opportunity ( Jaqen & Bronn)

I have a slightly detailed story on how the fights will go down and why match ups will happen like this. Ill put it in as a spoiler block so you don't have to read it.

But my theory goes like this

First set of fighting

• Viper vs mountain = A quick fight with the Viper slightly injured
  • Khal vs Dahhrio vs Jaime =A quick fight with Jaime coming out injured
  • Ned vs Jorah = Long fight with Ned coming out uninjured
  • Rob & Jon vs Barristan = Long fight with Barristan killing Rob and severly injuring Jon. Barristan remains only slightly injured
  • Brianne vs Grey worm = Brianne slightly injured
  • Hound vs Syrio = undecided long fight
  • Jaqer vs Bronn = Jaqer masks himself as an ally and assassinate Bronn

Second Set of fighting

• slightly Viper vs injured Jaime = Jaime wins even more injured
  • slightly Brianne and Ed vs Barristan = Barristan injured
  • Hound vs Syrio = Syrio wins but comes out very injured
  • Jaquer vs severly injured Jon = Jaquer assassinates another
  • Jaquer tries to assassinate Jaime but Jaime kills him

Third and final set of fighting

• very injured Jaime vs injured Syrio vs injured Barristan = Barristan.

First Set of fighting

I see The Viper and Khal running straight towards Jamie and the Mountain. (you've since convinced me in the other thread about The Viper) I see The Viper beating the mountain, since there is no reason for him to get the confession out now, he would most likely go in for the a torturous kill. Khal, Dahrrio and Jaime will likely be in a 3 way match. Dahrrio just fighting out of the sheer ego & Khal wanting to prove himself at what he will know as the strongest fighter. Ultimately in this 3 way fight, because of his armor and skill, Jaime will come out on top - most likely wounded.

House Stark will move in to fight Jorah's team and will likely engage them. They aren't ones to just stay cowered but they will move to strike, methodically and as a team. Robb & Jon will likely carefully engage Barristan together. I don't think there will be a definitive victor for a while as all 3 are quite methodical. While Ned will likely challenge Jorah. Leaving Brianne fighting Grey worm in also a very careful and methodical fight. I also don't think there will be a definitive victor for this. These fights will likely take a while to conclude.

The Hound also wouldn't engage the big teams so he would most likely try and engage Syrio. This will be a long fight as both of them are exceptional fighters.

I see Bronn just completely out of the fight and being completely blindsided by Jaqen because he's taken the face of a familiar ally. He goes for him because he is the weakest straggler.

Second Set of Fighting.

A wounded Jaime will be challenged by the Viper who isn't as badly hurt as Jaime. Ultimately, even with the wounds, Jaime will come out on top injuring himself even further.

Jorah would most likely fall without damaging Ned. However Ned will notice that the Barristan is slowly getting an upperhand even with against his sons and will likely join the fray. Brianne beats Grey worm due to her armour advantage but she comes out wounded. Barristan will slowly gain a massive advantage and killing Robb and fatally injuring Jon, since it's said that Robb was slightly the weaker swordsman, I'll go with him. Ned and Brianne will likely take over the fight and tackle him together

The severely injured Jon will likely be next to be assassinated by Jaqen.

Syrio should come out on top with his fight against the hound severely injured.

The final set of fights.

The Barristan will defeat Ned and Brianne coming out of it injured.
Jaqen will try and assassinate Jaime too but Jaime ends up killing Jaqen instead.

So the final fight in the end will be against The Barristan, Jaime & Syrio. And In the end The Barristan will win.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schillenger420:

The problem with dancing is it requires your full attention on one opponent, and if Syrio did that here he'd get decapitated by Bronn, the Hound, or Jaime very swiftly. Syrio is good, but his style doesn't lend itself well to a large group battle where there are so many incredibly skilled fighters. Jaquen did all his killing via stealth. That doesn't mean he can perform as well here in an actual battle. He's featless in terms of combat ability.

@soaringturkeys:

A few notes about your scenarios.

Viper vs Mountain won't be a quick fight. Viper had to dance around the Mountain to get his victory, which as I've just explained above isn't easy in a group engagement. If the Viper does win, he won't be injured either, simply because if the Mountain had landed any blow the Viper would probably be cut in half.

Jaime would in all likelihood defeat Daario and Drogo fairly easily. Daario is just a sellsword, and I wouldn't put him much higher than Bronn. Drogo is strong and skilled, but has no armor, and Jaime is likely a superior duelist as is.

Barristan would absolutely humiliate Jon and Rob without even realizing he's killed them. It's not close to a contest.

I'd give the Hound a solid majority over Syrio.

I doubt someone as world weary and experienced as Bronn would fall for an assassination ploy. I also doubt no one would notice Jaquen transforming into someone else mid-battle.

Jaime would defeat the Red Viper with relative ease. Oberyn isn't in his league.

And of course the biggest problem with the scenario is that it's only one of thousands of ways the fighters could pair off. It could just as easily be Jaime and Barristan duking it out at the start, or the Mountain jumping Brienne and doing unspeakable things to her before the three Starks attack the Mountain from behind. When you do a fight like this you have to look at it in terms of the combined power of the fighters on each team, of which team Lannister has the most heavy hitters in one group.

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By schillenger420

@soaringturkeys: I'v never been that impressed with the Khal or Daario. In the books Daario doesn't do much, Strong Belewas does much more than he... even in the show.... he's a very good thrower of knives.... other than that... what's he done? I'd say the same for the Khal. He killed one guy (excepting Viserys) and then promptly died of infection. In a stand up fight against someone in armor... especially someone of Jaime's caliber, the Khal's in serious trouble. I think Jaime comes out of that fight scratch free. Other than that I can't really argue too much with your overall assessment. I'm not entirely sure that Robb and Jon would go after Ser Barristan though, nor do I think he'd go after the. I could see Barristen holding back, maybe deciding to fight Jaqen or the Hound.... maybe even Oberyn.... but the Starks and Barristen just have too much honor and respect for each other to fight quickly and willingly in a brawl like this. Don't get me wrong, they will when the time comes... but it won't be their first respective choices. Ned would however hunt down Jorah... and yeah... Ned wins that. As for who you have winning.... Barristan's not a bad bet.... not at all. Unfortunately he doesn't have the best of people backing him up, so it's entirely possible he falls earlier in the overall fight, if only because he's on a relatively weak team. Daario really doesn't have many feats, nor does Grey Worm. The show talks them up, but in the books.... yeah.... they really don't do all that much.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lannisters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor : @schillenger420: The reason why I had these particular people fight was this

1. The Viper will want to fight the mountain first then the Jaime.
  2. Ned will want to fight Jorah and since they will likely fight as a unit, he'll bring his entire team together seeing as they think they have the numbers advantage. This will likely cause them to fight together.
  3. Drago and Daahrio will go for the most famous fighter. Their egos will want that.
  4. Jaqer would go for the weakest stray, - bronn or The hound and he wouldn't try and fight the hound.
  5. The Hound wouldn't want to fight next to his brother and will most likely try and combat someone. He wouldn't engage the group so he'd engage the only stray left Syrio.
  6. Syrio vs Hound, I'd say Syrio because of the fighting style. Syrio's is a very fencing style. Fencing is all about defence and counter attack. It's perfect in a 1v1 environment. But this one is speculation
  7. Barrister is the best one here, and will easily dispatch the 2 sons. even though he doesn't have the best back up. He does have enough time to even out the odds.

The rest was speculation.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soaringturkeys:

Fair enough on number 1, I can see that. Though the Viper would have to fight more than just the Mountain if he went right for House Lannister's group without backup. He'd die very quickly.

If Ned brings his team up against House Targaryen first thing, House Stark won't survive very long. Rob and Jon aren't a match for Daario or Jorah, and Barristan would likely defeat Ned and Brienne single handedly. Grey Worm gets to watch their rear and announce potential flanks before they come. Having such a heavy hitter as Barristan is a huge boon because he effectively counts as two, if not three fighters here, where as Rob and Jon barely count as one when together.

I'm not sure Drogo would even know who the most famous is. He might go for the Mountain due to his size, perhaps. Daario however I see as trying to avoid the most famous fighters until they're worn out a bit. He doesn't strike me as the suicidal type.

The Hound would do as he's told, especially if it means survival. He might not like his brother, but I don't see him making a choice that will outright get him killed. He'll probably keep his distance from his brother, but I can't see him abandoning the Lannister team entirely and leaving himself vulnerable to attack by the other large groups.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor said:

@soaringturkeys:

Fair enough on number 1, I can see that. Though the Viper would have to fight more than just the Mountain if he went right for House Lannister's group without backup. He'd die very quickly.

If Ned brings his team up against House Targaryen first thing, House Stark won't survive very long. Rob and Jon aren't a match for Daario or Jorah, and Barristan would likely defeat Ned and Brienne single handedly. Grey Worm gets to watch their rear and announce potential flanks before they come. Having such a heavy hitter as Barristan is a huge boon because he effectively counts as two, if not three fighters here, where as Rob and Jon barely count as one when together.

I'm not sure Drogo would even know who the most famous is. He might go for the Mountain due to his size, perhaps. Daario however I see as trying to avoid the most famous fighters until they're worn out a bit. He doesn't strike me as the suicidal type.

The Hound would do as he's told, especially if it means survival. He might not like his brother, but I don't see him making a choice that will outright get him killed. He'll probably keep his distance from his brother, but I can't see him abandoning the Lannister team entirely and leaving himself vulnerable to attack by the other large groups.

True. I acknowledge the faults with the hound. I forgot that he did risk his life to not defend himself when the Mountain swung his sword just to listen to orders.

However I disagree with you with the Daairo.I see Daario being a suicidal type. He did unnecessarily take on the 2 other lieutenants and instead of fighting a knight with a sword of a horse he decided to throw a knife at the very last moment.

If the queen was watching, he would most likely go for the showboating response.

If the starks don't try and take out Jorah initially then they have a higher chance of survival. But the thing is nobody is going to try and take on Barrister without backup and Grey worm will certainly leave his side.

I see the surprise team taking on at least 2 of the fighters.

If Drogo takes on the mountain, nobody will try and interfere with that fight.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Lannisters should win, the only team to really give them trouble is the surprise team and the Lannisters still win.

If you wanted to make things interesting then take out Daario and Grey Worm and add some of Barristan's knights such as Tumco Lho and The Red Lamb. Assuming this is them with a little more experience (like Robb and Jon got). They could make things interesting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Lannisters should win, the only team to really give them trouble is the surprise team and the Lannisters still win.

If you wanted to make things interesting then take out Daario and Grey Worm and add some of Barristan's knights such as Tumco Lho and The Red Lamb. Assuming this is them with a little more experience (like Robb and Jon got). They could make things interesting.

No I don't think so. It's not a matter of who the strongest team is. Tactics come into play here. There are also some bad blood between the lannisters and nearly each one in each team has someone after the lannisters. If anything they would be the first to lose in a slaughter.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#35  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

House Lannister.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soaringturkeys: no way! Jaime, Sandor and the Mountain both on screen and in the books have shown to cut down men left and right in battle. Matter of fact, Jaime was surrounded by Robb's army and cut his way through Robb's personal guard and came just within reach of the Young Wolf. Most of the people on this list would due extremely fast. You made Team Lannister too strong and the other teams too weak.

The North team should have: The GreatJon, Robertt Glover and Jory (Brienne shouldn't be on there at all) Their team is the weakest IMO.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cregan_stark: except Jaime got captured by Robb :P

Anyway he his way through fodders. There's no way he'll easily slice his way through people that have huge vendetta against him.

Jaime, The Viper, barristan.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Cregan_Stark

@soaringturkeys: he did not cut his way through fodder, he cut his way through Robb's personal guard which included heirs and northern equivalent of knights. Guys like Jory are the North's equivalent of knights.

You named two people on separate teams that could pose a problem while EVERYONE on Jaime's team is a huge problem.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cregan_stark: and then he got captured.

This isn't a straight up who's stronger. This is a gladiator match.

For every 1 instance you can tell me the better fighter one in a 1v1, I'll give you an instance where the better fighter lost. Most fights in GOT was arguably dirty. Bronn vs the knight, The viper vs the mountain, Ed vs Jamie, etc. Fighting is dirty. It doesn't always end up with the strongest. Winner.

House Targarayen and House Stark will fight as a unit.

House Lannister won't. And there are quite a few people in there that would want to take their head.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sy8000  Online

Lannisters. They only have the highest quality fighters, while the other teams are left with only one or two.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser:

Except Barristan should be able to take on both the hound and the mountain at the same time.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soaringturkeys:

Uhhh he got captured by an ARMY!!!! One that caught him off guard I might add....

Give me instances from the story where the better fighter lost in a 1 v 1 situation

no matter what, this is about which teams have the better fighters.

If you think that House Lannister won't fight as a team when their life depends on it then you're crazy.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soaringturkeys: or Jaime could stalemate Barristan long enough for The Clegenes and Bronn to slaughter the rest of his team and then provide assistance to Jaime

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great fight!

My opinion.... Lannisters squeak out the victory. Barristan is easily the most dangerous but saddled with a poor team. I think that, Jaime, The Mountain and The Hound can work together well enough to chop through everyone. I'd love to see Khal Drago versus the Mountain or Jaimie versus a healthy Barristan though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cregan_stark: The Vipers first and foremost move is to hone in on the mountain. And syrio by title is a higher swordsman than the hound or the Mountain. More people have a vendetta against the Lannisters than anyone.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sy8000  Online

@highaccuser:

Except Barristan should be able to take on both the hound and the mountain at the same time.

I highly doubt that, but even then a number of fighters will have died at that point and the Lannisters would still have the advantage.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Cregan_Stark

@soaringturkeys: Syrio is possibly one of the most overrated people in this story. When we meet him he is an old man whose greatest feats consist of beating up nameless men in arms with a stick and then getting killed by Trant. Syrio's weaponry is not designed to kill men in plate it is designed to kill Brovos and other men from Essos. Any of the 4 kill Syrio, the Red Viper might be able to dance around for a bit but against guys like Jaime and Bronn who can either match his speed if come close, it's a different result.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cregan_stark:

They aren't nameless men. They are the kings guard.

Loading Video...

He bet them up with only a wooden sword and no armour.

His fight was waaaay more impressive than the the Viper.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Cregan_Stark

@soaringturkeys: no the aren't kings guard, they are nameless Lannister men at arms. The only Kings Guard present was Trant who killed Syrio.

Kings guard wear white cloaks and theirs are clearly red.....