Morals are on

Flash cannot vulk out

win by any means

Gambit has a deck of cards and a adamantium bow staff

Both begin visible

start 20 feat apart

Fight takes place here:

No Caption Provided

Round 1 flash has the gear he has in the picture above and round 2 flash is unarmed.

Who wins and why?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

This is actually a very good fight. Gambit has the ability do make this incredibly challenging for Flash, pummeling him with explosions in this environment will give him a lot of grief. These will take a toll on Flash, but this is the kind of damage he has the potential to recover from and suffer through. In close range, Gambit's reflexes and agility are critical, but one clean connect from Flash is more than enough to knock Remy out. On the flipside, Gambit has a lot in the environment to charge if it comes down to close range. If Remy wants to survive, this will be a game of keep away for him.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By darktiger

@k4tzm4n said:

This is actually a very good fight. Gambit has the ability do make this incredibly challenging for Flash, pummeling him with explosions in this environment. These will take a toll on Flash, but this is the kind of damage he has the ability to recover from and suffer through. In close range, Gambit's reflexes and agility are critical, but one clean connect from Flash is more than enough to knock Remy out.

very well said but I think if Gambit keeps his distance he wins,if flash gets close range he wins

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@darktiger: I don't see why a "but" is needed since that's exactly what I believe too ;)

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By darktiger

@k4tzm4n said:

@darktiger: I don't see why a "but" is needed since that's exactly what I believe too ;)

sorry about that

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By laflux

Undecided ATM. Been alot of flash threads recently though.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@darktiger said:

@k4tzm4n said:

sorry about that

Not a problem at all, man.

Yai_Inn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Yai_Inn
@k4tzm4n: Gambit can charge organics... what happens if/when he charges the symbiote? Can it survive that?  
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Yai_Inn: Yes, he can, which is why his battle with Cap in AvX VS bothered me (Cap claimed otherwise).

First and foremost, I think Gambit having the time and means to charge the symbiote is unlikely in a battle. Gambit would need to keep his hand on Venom for an extended period of time (albeit not long, likely a matter of seconds) - however doing so in close combat against a character determined to win is suicide. One punch from Venom will suffice in knocking Remy out. In AvX VS, he had the luxury of Cap simply restraining him and not even focusing on him (another reason why I wasn't fond of it...no respect for Remy).

But if he could charge it, I honestly don't know if the symbiote would survive such an event. It doesn't seem likely IMHO.

Yai_Inn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Yai_Inn
@k4tzm4n: I agree with all of that. Just wanted to point out that Remy still has options (though extremely difficult/dangerous) to execute in close, as a last resort. AvX VS wasn't tasteful that much is certain. I also didn't like how Cap got back up without even a scratch on his chest... these charges can blow through walls but can't scratch flesh, come on.    
Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sufferthorn

I think Remy can pull this off, Flash is a bit too headstrong, he'lll get too cocky in my opinion. If Gambit keeps a cool head, he can handle this situation.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By darktiger

@k4tzm4n said:

@darktiger said:

@k4tzm4n said:

sorry about that

Not a problem at all, man.

if he could charge it he could win but if venom gets a good hit,it is over

karetaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By karetaker

gambit can win but venom takes the majority

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jeanroygrant

@k4tzm4n said:

This is actually a very good fight. Gambit has the ability do make this incredibly challenging for Flash, pummeling him with explosions in this environment will give him a lot of grief. These will take a toll on Flash, but this is the kind of damage he has the potential to recover from and suffer through. In close range, Gambit's reflexes and agility are critical, but one clean connect from Flash is more than enough to knock Remy out. On the flipside, Gambit has a lot in the environment to charge if it comes down to close range. If Remy wants to survive, this will be a game of keep away for him.

This.

Park

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Park

I see Gambit winning by using his powers to blow up those construction vehicles and starting a fire followed by dropping some heavy equipment from a crane to explode on Venom.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Venom.