Gambit vs Ultimate Hawkeye

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fetts

They start 15 ft. away from each other. Fight takes place on the rooftops of New Orleans. Fight is to KO. Morals on. Gambit has his bo staff and 4 decks of cards. Hawkeye has a Desert Eagle, his bow, and arrows. 

vs 
vs 

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Gambit.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RisingBean

I think they both lose. Neither will miss at this range, and both attacks are fatal at whim. Hawkeye kills Gambit and depending on his moral standing on the day of the fight, Gambit either K.O.'s or kills Hawkeye.
Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Illuminatus said:
Gambit.
Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Equonox

I'd say gambit given this setup - 15 ft is damn close, which really takes away Hawkeye's real advantage over G which is his accuracy from a distance, and I think Gambit has shown slightly better reaction time which would give him the edge.  Definitely agree with RisingBean tho, this is damn close.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By nefarious

Gambit will win.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Illuminatus said:
Gambit.
Avatar image for marvelrules2011
marvelrules2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By marvelrules2011

Gambit

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By PowerHerc

R.I.P. Gambit.

Ult. Hawkeye wins.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MKF30

Hawkeye but I could see this going either way

Suiken_Seiji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Suiken_Seiji

Gambit. 

Environment is in his favor for Gambit. In my opinion, Gambit also has the faster "quick draw" when it comes to weaponry, his cards being far easier and lighter than a bow set up and aim and a upholstering of a desert eagle, aim, and fire. His cards are lighter, he's accurate with them but doesn't need to be absolutely precise with the explosive power. But that don't mean he can just throw them, but he does that anyway sense that's what his accuracy proficiency intends to be. The bow and arrow, Hawkeye has to set up, he does it fast but is it faster than Gambit throwing a card? Does lifting up a desert eagle, also depending if it's holstered at hip or under arm, than taking aim faster than Gambit throwing his cards, and can Hawkeye fire off enough rounds compared to Gambit throwing multiple cards? I think Hawkeye will be doing the dodging first, before Gambit. From there, I think Gambit will make use of his terrain and have the battle from there on.   

I'm not implying Hawkeye is slow here. I'm simply saying their weaponry's weight and set up make a slight difference enough to make it a slim but deciding factor for when it comes to who can pull off an attack first when meeting.

It's no easy fight, but the favor of the fight for me leans to Gambit. Does anyone else have an opinion for Hawkeye in response to my reply? I would love to hear it (no sarcasm), cause I like both characters and would like to see Hawkeye be defended.

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Equonox
@suiken_seiji said:
Gambit.  Environment is in his favor for Gambit. In my opinion, Gambit also has the faster "quick draw" when it comes to weaponry, his cards being far easier and lighter than a bow set up and aim and a upholstering of a desert eagle, aim, and fire. His cards are lighter, he's accurate with them but doesn't need to be absolutely precise with the explosive power. But that don't mean he can just throw them, but he does that anyway sense that's what his accuracy proficiency intends to be. The bow and arrow, Hawkeye has to set up, he does it fast but is it faster than Gambit throwing a card? Does lifting up a desert eagle, also depending if it's holstered at hip or under arm, than taking aim faster than Gambit throwing his cards, and can Hawkeye fire off enough rounds compared to Gambit throwing multiple cards? I think Hawkeye will be doing the dodging first, before Gambit. From there, I think Gambit will make use of his terrain and have the battle from there on.    I'm not implying Hawkeye is slow here. I'm simply saying their weaponry's weight and set up make a slight difference enough to make it a slim but deciding factor for when it comes to who can pull off an attack first when meeting. It's no easy fight, but the favor of the fight for me leans to Gambit. Does anyone else have an opinion for Hawkeye in response to my reply? I would love to hear it (no sarcasm), cause I like both characters and would like to see Hawkeye be defended.
Yea exactly my thought process as well
Sega_Shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sega_Shaman

It really just seems like an Ol' Western gunfight. And with their skills, it's whoever draws first that wins. And as suiken_seiji points out quite accurately, Gambit has the advantage. Plus, Gambit probably has a few cards up his sleeve (literally) for emergency drawing, given his line of work.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RisingBean
@suiken_seiji:  You are aware Ult Hawkeye can flick his fingernails off and kill Gambit with those, right? He doesn't even have to draw weaponry if he doesn't want to. I believe they both kill each other at these ranges. Sure Clint has to work at it because he doesn't have area effect explosions like Gambit, but dead is dead.   I'm seeing this like a western quickdraw and I honestly don't see either of them missing at the range they start at.
Sega_Shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sega_Shaman
@RisingBean: The fingernail thing was under certain circumstances, they were all he had, he was strapped in a chair, and the people he killed were a few feet away. He's not going to flick his nails off for 5 times the distance, and it also hurts. That last part is why he doesn't do that all the time. He was desperate, but in this situation, he has much better options. But I agree on the quickdraw part, and the both dying part. Since cards are slower than bullets, UH can probably get a shot off before they detonate.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By Erik

Gambit. 

demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By demifiend

i would pay to see this battle. 

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Gambit. Bullet dodger, makes things blow up.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By progenitorigin

Ult. Hawkeye is a phenomenal shot, and his fingernail feat is epic, but I think Gambit has enough resiliency to take this.
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PowerHerc said:

R.I.P. Gambit.

Ult. Hawkeye wins.

Suiken_Seiji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Suiken_Seiji
@RisingBean:  

The fingernail feat is impressive. But it's not a smart tactic. It's nearly a one shot deal, he'll spend more time recovering to use his weapons, a great deal of a chance Gambit could dodge this while unleashing his own attacks. The attack is also much slower, unless you're suggesting a finger nail can move faster than the arrows he shoots or the bullets he fires from the guns he uses. If anything, this tactic will get him killed. He only uses this tactic on opponents he is sure of killing, not opponents that can relatively dodge this with ease seeing as Gambit can dodge bullets. Even I wouldn't rely on this tactic. Not only that, taking time to work at this takes his focus of concentration off on Gambit, hindering him even more. How much of a hinderence it would be is not the question, he's facing someone of equal caliber or greater due to his superhuman attributes vs his peak human. 

Tell me... would you rely on your finger nail or bow and arrow or gun? It doesn't take science to determine which approach of attack is more reliable and more successful out of 10/10.
RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RisingBean
@suiken_seiji:  I can dig it. I just wanted the idea out there. As per bullet time, see below.
@Sega_Shaman: I figure the fingernail isn't his first choice, but he could do it if desperate. As per Gambit being a bullet dodger(and I don't plan to get too deep into that can of worms) I think he'd be more logically/accurately considered an aim dodger. For one to dodge bullets you'd have to be able to outmove something that moves faster then sound. I don't think Gambit is capable of moving faster then sound. If we're talking aim dodging, I think Ult Hawkeye at the range we speak of, still hits him because that is his powerset. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@marvelrules2011 said:
Gambit
Sega_Shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Sega_Shaman
@RisingBean: True. Also, there's the possibiliy that Gambit would attempt to cancel Hawkeye's ranged attacks by going for up close combat with his staff. I can see him taking cover, making a hole in the roof to sneak underneath UH, taking the roof out from under him, and going into staff fighting. Now, while aim dodging is more technical and accurate, it seems unnecessarily nit-picky to me. You could say the same about any target that's been missed. Now, Gambit is not super-speed fast, but he's more agile than most folks. Other than that, the fingernail trick would have to be a VERY desperate move, since the only time he used it was when he was immobilized and surrounded by the group that killed his family.
RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RisingBean

@Sega_Shaman:  If Gambit survived the initial encounter, and was fighting to kill as Hawkeye would be, I do think the odds increase greatly in his favor. He does use area effect weapons and his agility is quite good as you noted. The reason I wanted to note the difference between aim dodger and bullet dodger is some folks will argue the latter. I've noticed it on a few threads (Batgirl is the one that comes right to mind) and wanted to ensure that people didn't start thinking that Gambit could literally outrun bullets.  I still would have to say though, that hitting somebody fifteen feet away with a Desert Eagle is not going to be hard. Ult Hawkeye has tagged and beaten Ult Spider-man who is also reasonably agile. The setup leads me to believe that it comes down to reflexes and either one of these guys should be able to pull it off.

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By EpitomeofCool

gambit...

Suiken_Seiji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Suiken_Seiji
@RisingBean:  

It's hard to say if Gambit can dodge bullets. Captain America, while at peak human has stated he can see faster than a bullet moving, and to me has been able to live up to his word. This would give him a significant edge in dodging bullets, being able to see a bullet leave a barrel and dodge just as soon as it is taken flight through air. Gambit could be given the same case here being his "superhuman powers", which a latter above peak human and enhanced. But, whether or not he's a bullet dodger or a aim dodger, it can be argued for a long time. There's an argument that can be held he is a bullet dodger and an argument that can be held he is a aim dodger. 

But for me, in this fight. Hawkeye needs that first shot, it's very critical for him, other wise the favor goes to Gambit because of the terrain. He can lead Hawkeye in to dead ends by simply leading him on, this is only one idea of using the terrain to his advantage. He has multiple, more than a handful of options to work the terrain in his advantage. He could lead him to parts of the streets where the ground may be blown out from under him, etc. Another way.  

Gambit could also set "small time" traps, by charging an object near by, such as a wall and catching Hawkeye. This again would mean Hawkeye has to be not only chasing him, but has to be close behind him. But it is a possibility that Hawkeye don't have, which gives a higher possibility of options to Gambit. 

Also, for a quick draw encounter, western show down style. We're giving the idea that Gambit isn't going to use his home field right away and play a fair game with Hawkeye or that he's confident enough to "out gun" Hawkeye, so to speak. Gambit to me is a trickster, a clever trickster, putting him in his home field, I think he's more than likely to use it in his favor than play fair. But for the western show down quick draw, it's about even so to speak with weaponry making a slight difference in Gambit's favor due to his card's being more light weight and having more easier access to getting than Hawkeye's bow and gun.
RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RisingBean
@suiken_seiji said:  But for me, in this fight. Hawkeye needs that first shot, it's very critical for him, other wise the favor goes to Gambit because of the terrain.  

Agreed. I just think that at this distance it doesn't turn into a drawn out fight. Start them off a few hundred yards from each other and the odds in Vegas are drastically altered.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#29  Edited By TheGoldenOne
I think Ultimate Hawkeye has slightly better aim/accuracy, but Gambit has better reaction time. I'm going to say Gambit.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b749253880e5
deactivated-5b749253880e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 2

@Suiken_Seiji: His mutant powers enhance his agility to insane levels, exciting the particles in his body.
Gambit has already defeated Earth-616's Hawkeye, and he isn't radically different from his Ultimate version.
Superskrull86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By Superskrull86

Ult. Hawkeye
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Killemall

Gambit

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By karrob
@PowerHerc said:

R.I.P. Gambit.

Ult. Hawkeye wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Hawkeye. 
More lethal weaponry.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Killemall

@RisingBean said:

I think they both lose. Neither will miss at this range, and both attacks are fatal at whim. Hawkeye kills Gambit and depending on his moral standing on the day of the fight, Gambit either K.O.'s or kills Hawkeye.

double KO.. i think i like this idea :)

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By RisingBean
@Killemall: It's the only one logical to me based on who is involved and the set up of the battle.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#38  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Call it blasphemy, but I think with that short of a starting distance and a random encounter Gambit has the slight edge.   

Yes, Ult Hawkeye is a hell of a shot and certainly holds the potential to take this.  However, I think many factors are in favor of Gambit.  Short distance and random encounter in combination with his agility, reflexes, and own offensive projectile abilities warrant a small edge here, imho.