Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Matt707

Toad     vs Gambit 

Setting: Train Station, mildly busy.  

Rules: Gambit and Toad stand at opposite ends of the station. 
Both Characters are allowed full powers.
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By EdwardWindsor

gambit , toad is agile but doesnt have the range gambit does and theres gonna be plenty for remy to charge in train station , only problem i see is remy not being able to go all out in fear of hurting civilians , but in terms of power he has toad beat

sevennames27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By sevennames27

If we are talking full power than Gambit can just look at Toad and blow him to pieces? And even if we are not, he still stomps Toad.    

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EdwardWindsor
@sevennames27:  good catch didnt think about his new sun lvl powers , if hes allowed this then its over before toad blinks
sevennames27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sevennames27

@lazystudent said:

" @sevennames27:  good catch didnt think about his new sun lvl powers , if hes allowed this then its over before toad blinks "

Thanks, it would be a fun fight to watch either way though.    

loganreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By loganreme

Remy ftw
allhailme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By allhailme

Gambit, toad will have trouble even reaching him

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Gambit.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Power NeXus

Toad is a smarter and more skilled fighter than just about anybody gives him credit for, but I think he's outmatched in this fight. Since Gambit can attack from long range, Toad can't, and they start significantly far apart, Gambit has an advantage there that I don't think Toad would be able to overcome. Still, he is probably clever and agile enough to keep the fight going for a little while, and maybe land a few good attacks on Gambit, but he would lose in the end.
Avatar image for donavanwolfmaster
DonavanWolfMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Power NeXus said:

"Toad is a smarter and more skilled fighter than just about anybody gives him credit for, but I think he's outmatched in this fight. Since Gambit can attack from long range, Toad can't, and they start significantly far apart, Gambit has an advantage there that I don't think Toad would be able to overcome. Still, he is probably clever and agile enough to keep the fight going for a little while, and maybe land a few good attacks on Gambit, but he would lose in the end. "

But Toad can do sooooo much more. 

" Orginally, Mortimer Toynbee's mutant power was the sole ability of leaping.    is leg muscles are incredibly strong, allowing him to deliver powerful kicks, to jump to great heights, and to rapidly move via jumping. Later, after gaining access to some of the Stranger's technology, he genetically altered himself to be able to secrete a poisonous resin, as well as gain minor super-strength and a malicious evil mind. He had later returned to his previous state, although he appeared able to gain control over a group of sentient carnivorous frogs that he used as spies. Currently, Toynbee has mutated further, and now possesses tongue which can elongate like a whip as well as deliver venomous pheromones that sink through the skin directly into the bloodstream. These pheromones cause any exposed to them to have their will become subservient to the Toynbee's.  "

quoted directly from marvel.com 
it's official  

i dont know who would win. 
but it would be a fight.
Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Rajin' Cajun wins very easily here.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Power NeXus
@DonavanWolfMaster said:
"@Power NeXus said:

"Toad is a smarter and more skilled fighter than just about anybody gives him credit for, but I think he's outmatched in this fight. Since Gambit can attack from long range, Toad can't, and they start significantly far apart, Gambit has an advantage there that I don't think Toad would be able to overcome. Still, he is probably clever and agile enough to keep the fight going for a little while, and maybe land a few good attacks on Gambit, but he would lose in the end. "

But Toad can do sooooo much more.   " Orginally, Mortimer Toynbee's mutant power was the sole ability of leaping.    is leg muscles are incredibly strong, allowing him to deliver powerful kicks, to jump to great heights, and to rapidly move via jumping. Later, after gaining access to some of the Stranger's technology, he genetically altered himself to be able to secrete a poisonous resin, as well as gain minor super-strength and a malicious evil mind. He had later returned to his previous state, although he appeared able to gain control over a group of sentient carnivorous frogs that he used as spies. Currently, Toynbee has mutated further, and now possesses tongue which can elongate like a whip as well as deliver venomous pheromones that sink through the skin directly into the bloodstream. These pheromones cause any exposed to them to have their will become subservient to the Toynbee's.  "quoted directly from marvel.com it's official   i dont know who would win. but it would be a fight. "

Well, even with Toad's tongue, he still has to get within about 20 feet of Gambit to land a direct strike. Gambit can attack from as far away as he wants, and it just so happens that they start out very far apart. I think if they started close together, Toad would have a very good chance of winning. The OP just gives Gambit an automatic advantage.
Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Stormultt

If this is full power then this should be new sun gambit we are looking at here and toad would be died within seconds.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Power NeXus
@Stormultt said:
"If this is full power then this should be new sun gambit we are looking at here and toad would be died within seconds. "

Just think about it realistically. When Matt707 made this battle, he obviously wasn't talking about New Sun Gambit. That's like purposefully putting Iron Man against Dark Phoenix. It's an insult to Matt707's intelligence to say he thinks Toad vs New Son is a fight worth making. It's safe to assume he means standard, regular Gambit.
Matt707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Matt707
@Power NeXus said:
"@Stormultt said:
"If this is full power then this should be new sun gambit we are looking at here and toad would be died within seconds. "
Just think about it realistically. When Matt707 made this battle, he obviously wasn't talking about New Sun Gambit. That's like purposefully putting Iron Man against Dark Phoenix. It's an insult to Matt707's intelligence to say he thinks Toad vs New Son is a fight worth making. It's safe to assume he means standard, regular Gambit. "

That is correct, i meant standard gambit, but with all his abilities excluding new sun
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EdwardWindsor

" @Power NeXus said:
"@Stormultt said:
Just think about it realistically. When Matt707 made this battle, he obviously wasn't talking about New Sun Gambit. That's like purposefully putting Iron Man against Dark Phoenix. It's an insult to Matt707's intelligence to say he thinks Toad vs New Son is a fight worth making. It's safe to assume he means standard, regular Gambit. "
That is correct, i meant standard gambit, but with all his abilities excluding new sun "
THen perhaps ypou shouldnt of sadi gambit full power then since new sun is gambit at full power , gambit at regular power is what your talking about , not that it make sthe result any different in this case
Matt707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Matt707

@lazystudent said:

"
" @Power NeXus said:
"@Stormultt said:
That is correct, i meant standard gambit, but with all his abilities excluding new sun "
THen perhaps ypou shouldnt of sadi gambit full power then since new sun is gambit at full power , gambit at regular power is what your talking about , not that it make sthe result any different in this case "

Yes I admit thats an error on my part, I apologise to all that read this thread 

it is meant to be regular Gambit vs Full power Toad
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By EdwardWindsor
@Matt707:  no problem man since id doesnt really affect outcome , if it made the result sway all hell can break loose