#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Spike
Gambit

Gambit

VS

Spike

As usual, if you don’t know the characters, look them up before posting...

Please use logic and reasoning in your posts

M

#2 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice battle.

#3 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to go with Gambit,but I'm not sure what all Spike can do.Reading up on him on wiki usually doesn't cut it. =(

#4 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"I want to go with Gambit,but I'm not sure what all Spike can do.Reading up on him on wiki usually doesn't cut it. =("

he's a vampire...

vampiric speed, strength... about 120 years old and was nicknamed William The Bloody as part of the Scourge of Europe...

he got his nickname by using railroad spikes to torture his victims, he's killed 2 slayers to date...

that about covers it, but his page here is quite thorough

M
#5 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Vance Astro said:
"I want to go with Gambit,but I'm not sure what all Spike can do.Reading up on him on wiki usually doesn't cut it. =("

he's a vampire...

vampiric speed, strength... about 120 years old and was nicknamed William The Bloody as part of the Scourge of Europe...

he got his nickname by using railroad spikes to torture his victims, he's killed 2 slayers to date...

that about covers it, but his page here is quite thorough

M
"
How is his agility?
#6 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
How is his agility?"

nowhere near Gambit's level...

only slightly higher than human normal

M
#7 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

Did he ever fight Buffy? If so, Who won?

#8 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Did he ever fight Buffy? If so, Who won?"

he fought buffy to a standstill several times... it was never decided between them

he's beaten Angelus several times before though

M
#9 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"TheDrifter said:
"Did he ever fight Buffy? If so, Who won?"

he fought buffy to a standstill several times... it was never decided between them

he's beaten Angelus several times before though

M
"
Angelus? As in Angelus from the Darkness?
#10 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"

No, Angelus as in Angelus from Buffy...

you know, the evil psychotic vampire lol

M
#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to stick with Gambit until I have something to argue against.I would say that Gambit's knowledge of combat and his powers should give him an edge.I'm not sure if he's able to use his staff here but it would extend his offense and defensive capabilities.

#12 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm surprised Gambler hasn't come in to lay waste to this thread yet lol

M

#13 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"I'm going to stick with Gambit until I have something to argue against.I would say that Gambit's knowledge of combat and his powers should give him an edge.I'm not sure if he's able to use his staff here but it would extend his offense and defensive capabilities."

i'm on the edge...

Gambit has his 'cards' and staff, but Spike has the speed, strength and experience...

the problem with spike is that he's stupidly arrogant and basically a bar room brawler when it comes down to it, it gets the job done though as he is one of the, if not the most vicious vampires ever in Buffy

M
#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"i'm surprised Gambler hasn't come in to lay waste to this thread yet lol

M
"
i haven't seen a post from him in hours.
#15 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"TheDrifter said:
"

No, Angelus as in Angelus from Buffy...

you know, the evil psychotic vampire lol

M
"
lol. Alright.

I still give this to Gambit. I'd make a case but I'm rather lazy. lol.
#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Vance Astro said:
"I'm going to stick with Gambit until I have something to argue against.I would say that Gambit's knowledge of combat and his powers should give him an edge.I'm not sure if he's able to use his staff here but it would extend his offense and defensive capabilities."

i'm on the edge...

Gambit has his 'cards' and staff, but Spike has the speed, strength and experience...

the problem with spike is that he's stupidly arrogant and basically a bar room brawler when it comes down to it, it gets the job done though as he is one of the, if not the most vicious vampires ever in Buffy

M
"
Well how fast is Spike? because if I remeber correctly I think Gambit has dealt with Quicksilver.
#17 Posted by Goki (457 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Vance Astro said:
Methos said:
"
Spike
Gambit

Gambit

VS

Spike

As usual, if you don’t know the characters, look them up before posting...

Please use logic and reasoning in your posts

M

"

i'm on the edge...

M
"
Im going to go with Gambit because even though his strength is nothing compared to Spikes, his blast power will lay waste to SPike in many ways.

And hell charging a stake and slamming it into any one of Spikes body parts he does cablewy.
#18 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna say Gambit. He has the obvious advantage with his cards. I'm sure Spike is fast enough to avoid them but they don't necessarily have hit Spike to be effective. Plus, Spike's undead. Meaning if it came down to it Gambit could charge him up and watch him go boom :P

#19 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"I'm gonna say Gambit. He has the obvious advantage with his cards. I'm sure Spike is fast enough to avoid them but they don't necessarily have hit Spike to be effective. Plus, Spike's undead. Meaning if it came down to it Gambit could charge him up and watch him go boom :P
"

charging spike...

damn... didn't know he could do that...

but doing it before Spike drained him dry is hard

M
#20 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"I'm gonna say Gambit. He has the obvious advantage with his cards. I'm sure Spike is fast enough to avoid them but they don't necessarily have hit Spike to be effective. Plus, Spike's undead. Meaning if it came down to it Gambit could charge him up and watch him go boom :P
"
YESSSSSSSS......IT'S HIM!!!!
#21 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Vance Astro said:

i'm on the edge...

M
"
He's definitely arrogant and not terribly serious in a fight, and while he does generally brawl, he can't be skill-less. He's killed 2 slayers in his time and various other creatures. Anyway, I'm thinking Gambit, just wanted to chime in for Spike since I like him so much.
#22 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"

Also, Gambit has way better agility than Spike, so, He can just hop around for awhile and dodge Spike's attacks.
#23 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
He's definitely arrogant and not terribly serious in a fight, and while he does generally brawl, he can't be skill-less. He's killed 2 slayers in his time and various other creatures. Anyway, I'm thinking Gambit, just wanted to chime in for Spike since I like him so much.
"

yeah... i'm leaning towards spike as he does have the experience and his speed and strength can match Gambit's agility....

M
#24 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Gambler said:
"

charging spike...

damn... didn't know he could do that...

but doing it before Spike drained him dry is hard

M
"
Thats true, Spikes speed is something I think gives him an advantage, but Gambit's downed Blade before so I'm thinking he has not only the skill but the speed to keep up with Spike.
#25 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

his experience is another factor...

120 years of brawling isn't something to sneeze at, and he wasn't part of the scoruge of europe for nothing...

M

#26 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Buckshot said:
"

yeah... i'm leaning towards spike as he does have the experience and his speed and strength can match Gambit's agility....

M
"
True but Gambit has dodged bullets before, His speed is impressive too.
#27 Posted by King Saturn (224150 posts) - - Show Bio
I gotta go with Gambit here. I think he could take out Spike
#28 Posted by Crimson Dominion (450 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit would win. His agility and combat skill would be too much for Spike.

#29 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"his experience is another factor...

120 years of brawling isn't something to sneeze at, and he wasn't part of the scoruge of europe for nothing...

M
"
Thats true, but theres only so much you can learn before things start to overlap. I dont think Gambit would be as surprised to face a Vampire as Spike would be facing someone who's throwing exploding cards.
#30 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
Thats true, but theres only so much you can learn before things start to overlap. I dont think Gambit would be as surprised to face a Vampire as Spike would be facing someone who's throwing exploding cards.
"

yeah... spike would be saying "Soddin' Hell!" a lot while dodging them lol

M
#31 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Gambler said:
"

yeah... spike would be saying "Soddin' Hell!" a lot while dodging them lol

M
"
Would he also be able to dodge the explosion that followed?  Would he even dodge them in the first place? Its not like he would know what there going to do.
#32 Posted by King Saturn (224150 posts) - - Show Bio
Its hard to get a real feel of what Spike's physical abilities are. I dont believe Spike is as agile and quick as Gambit. But its possible he is much stronger. But would Spike be able to evade Gambit's Charge Cards ? I dont know ...
#33 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that Spike is undoubtedly stronger. But Gambit's faced and defeated characters stronger and faster then he is. The only one I can compare Spike to is Blade, and Gambit was able to put him down.

#34 Posted by King Saturn (224150 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"I agree that Spike is undoubtedly stronger. But Gambit's faced and defeated characters stronger and faster then he is. The only one I can compare Spike to is Blade, and Gambit was able to put him down.
"
Good Point
#35 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambo

#36 Posted by NightFang (10046 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit Wins