Avatar image for prince_cortsether
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Prince CortSether

I'm going to go with Shocker. Shocker has had upgrades to his suit that give him the edge, imo. Plus, if we include Shocker's feats/abilities from Peter Parker:Spiderman then he would most certainly win. Dude was able to fly and create earthquakes, not to mention Spidey couldn't even hurt him.

Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cypher's Gambit

Gambit. He is NewSon

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Gambit would blow up his suit.
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Prince CortSether
@Edgeworth_11 said:
" Gambit would blow up his suit. "
There's no way for sure to know whether Gambit could blow up his suit or not since Shocker hasn't faced that type of energy blast before, but he's stopped punches from Spidey and sniper bullets.

Shocker's reflexes are quicker than Gambit's anyway, he's hit Spider-man multiple times.
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Prince CortSether
@Edgeworth_11 said:

I highly doubt Shocker is more agile, quicker and more reflexes than Gambit.

And Gambit could charge any nonliving thing, including Shocker's suit.

. "

First Gambit would have to be able to get close enough to Shocker to try and charge his suit, which would be extremely hard to do because of: 1) Shocker's not just gonna stand there, 2) Shocker's suit vibrates anything off of him (vibrated away a sniper bullet for gosh sake). Additionally, Shocker could potentially blast away Gambits charged projectiles, and not to mention he can fire off vibroblasts much faster than Gambit can charge things, whereas Shocker could probably take a few shots from charged projectiles Gambit only needs to be hit by one powerful blast to be taken out of commission.
Avatar image for captain_justice95
Captain_Justice95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Captain_Justice95
@Prince CortSether said:
"I'm going to go with Shocker. Shocker has had upgrades to his suit that give him the edge, imo. Plus, if we include Shocker's feats/abilities from Peter Parker:Spiderman then he would most certainly win. Dude was able to fly and create earthquakes, not to mention Spidey couldn't even hurt him. "

shocker gets his head blown off
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Prince CortSether
@Captain_Justice95: No.
Avatar image for captain_justice95
Captain_Justice95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gambit is a stud. shocker loses to web balls, try getting a exploding card in the face
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Captain_Justice95 said:
" gambit is a stud. shocker loses to web balls, try getting a exploding card in the face "
Shocker has defeated Spider-man quite a few times actually, and with his upgrades he's a team buster. Gambit loses 7/10.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

After seeing some of this, I absolutely had to post.

"There's no way for sure to know whether Gambit could blow up his suit or not since Shocker hasn't faced that type of energy blast before, but he's stopped punches from Spidey and sniper bullets."

Bullet, not bullets.  His vibroshield blocked one and then he questioned if his armor could withstand another, so he fled. 

"Shocker's reflexes are quicker than Gambit's anyway, he's hit Spider-man multiple times"

Being able to hit Spider-Man doesn't mean he has reflexes faster than Gambit.  Gambit has blocked entire clips of bullets, full on projectile assaults from Riptide, and even caught an explosive round and tossed it back.  Gambit has Herman STOMPED when it comes to reflexes.  Sure, Herman can tag Spider-Man, but it usually takes at least a couple of shots first, and sometimes they're only close range. 

Gambit has better reflexes than Shocker.  It's not speculation, it's fact.

Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:
"

"There's no way for sure to know whether Gambit could blow up his suit or not since Shocker hasn't faced that type of energy blast before, but he's stopped punches from Spidey and sniper bullets."

Bullet, not bullets.  His vibroshield blocked one and then he questioned if his armor could withstand another, so he fled.

"Shocker's reflexes are quicker than Gambit's anyway, he's hit Spider-man multiple times"

Being able to hit Spider-Man doesn't mean he has reflexes faster than Gambit.  Gambit has blocked entire clips of bullets, full on projectile assaults from Riptide, and even caught an explosive round and tossed it back.  Gambit has Herman STOMPED when it comes to reflexes.  Sure, Herman can tag Spider-Man, but it usually takes at least a couple of shots first, and sometimes they're only close range. 

"

Alrighty, I stand corrected then. But still, I'm not inclined to think Gambit would be able to get close enough to Shocker without getting blasted. All it will take for Shocker to win is one head-on hit from Shocker's blasts but Gambit would have to hit Shocker's suit with more than one charge to put him down, imo. Gambit's physical attacks shouldn't be able to hurt Shocker at all so he's really only able to rely on charges and Shocker should be fast enough to hit him before then. Heck, couldn't he even destroy Gambit's projectiles with his own vibroblasts?
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Alrighty, I stand corrected then.

Good to know :)

But still, I'm not inclined to think Gambit would be able to get close enough to Shocker without getting blasted.

There are numerous factors.  Gambit's agility can help him dodge a few at best, but if there's no cover he simply can't close that gap, therefore making this spite.  But assuming there's cover/alt paths (alleys, rooftops, etc) at his disposal, Gambit is smart enough and has the skill to get within a good range and unleash a barrage of cards, one which I believe would be too great for Shocker's vibroshield to handle.

All it will take for Shocker to win is one head one hit from Shocker's blasts but Gambit would have to hit Shocker's suit with more than one charge to put him down, imo. Gambit's physical attacks shouldn't be able to hurt Shocker at all so he's really only able to rely on charges and Shocker should be fast enough to hit him before then. Heck, couldn't he even destroy Gambit's projectiles with his own vibroblasts?

Not even a headshot, a bodyshot would definitely dish out major damage to Gambit.  Yes, Shocker has the potential to destroy incoming projectiles, but considering Gambit normally throws more than one, I find it unlikely him being able to destroy all before they reach him.  I believe I addressed the rest above.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@k4tzm4n said:
"

"

Fan-Boy. :P
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Shouldn't you be protecting your lawn?
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

And with that said, I shall now vanish back to the Ledger!
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

I'm at work in the blue jean overalls factory.

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Gambit is much more clever. He can slip a card or other small object without the dude even seeing it. it would blow up when he doesnt even expect it and its over.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Leaning towards Gambit for the win.

Darkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Darkerman

Gambit, but if Shocker manages to get the jump on Gambit and blasts him at full force Gambit's dead.

Joey809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Joey809

Spider-Man helps Shocker, the two double team Gambit for the win :)

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sandiego008

I'm actually going to give this to shocker 5.5/10 ... good fight IMO.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By acer51

People are leaving out Gambits cards, he dosn't have to get close to win he can use his projectiles to hurt Shocker.

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Theodore

Gambit

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27  Edited By charlieboy

he can just 52 card pick up like he did to gladiator.

crabtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By crabtree

draw

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By sandiego008

@acer51 said:

People are leaving out Gambits cards, he dosn't have to get close to win he can use his projectiles to hurt Shocker.

Why would you assume people are leaving out his cards ... when that is his staple move? That is like saying people are forgetting about cyclop's eye beam ...

It is just shocker is no cab driver ... and I know how powerful gambit is ... he is alpha or omega level potential ... I just think that shocker has the ability to dodge and keep gambit at bay long enough to get a hit in and take him out ... just as he hits spiderman. Not to mention his upgrades do help him ...

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By acer51

@sandiego008: I said that because people were saying Shocker would blast him before he gets close enough, also what makes you think Shocker will be able to dodge? he's never dodged anything from what i've seen.

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Zauberin  Moderator

That guy from months ago made a pretty alright case.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@acer51 said:

@sandiego008: I said that because people were saying Shocker would blast him before he gets close enough, also what makes you think Shocker will be able to dodge? he's never dodged anything from what i've seen.

That's just saying Shocker has better range, not disregarding Gambit's cards.

Avatar image for drinkurprunejuice77
DrinkUrPruneJuice77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shocker wins.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jeanroygrant

Gambit.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@jeanroygrant said:

Gambit.

Why?

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77 said:

shocker wins.

Why?

Avatar image for drinkurprunejuice77
DrinkUrPruneJuice77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Gambit.

Why?

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77 said:

shocker wins.

Why?

Well it depends. Shocker's suit and gauntlets make him highly resistant to physical damage. Gambit's kinetic energy might not be enough to KO him. And his new gauntlets would allow farther range attacks. However when Gambit was tempoararily at full power though he has had cosmic level abilities.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By acer51

@k4tzm4n: Well people were saying Gambit wont be able to get close enough, but he dosn't have to get close.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@acer51: The point is merely that Shocker has better range.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jeanroygrant

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By acer51

@k4tzm4n said:

@acer51: The point is merely that Shocker has better range.

But Gambit has better range.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@acer51: This is where I'd normally play along and ask why in an attempt to get users to elaborate more and improve discussions, but no. As a huge fan of both, you can't prove that Gambit can effectively throw a card at a greater distance than Shocker can fire his vibro-blasts. Nothing at all immediately comes to my mind that would justify this.

But by all means, please feel free if you have clear evidence that shows Gambit can throw a card more effectively and at a longer distance than Shocker can simply aim and fire with his blasts.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By acer51

@k4tzm4n said:

@acer51: This is where I'd normally play along and ask why in an attempt to get users to elaborate more and improve discussions, but no. As a huge fan of both, you can't prove that Gambit can effectively throw a card at a greater distance than Shocker can fire his vibro-blasts. Nothing at all immediately comes to my mind that would justify this.

But by all means, please feel free if you have clear evidence that shows Gambit can throw a card more effectively and at a longer distance than Shocker can simply aim and fire with his blasts.

Sorry i spoke in error, what i meant to say is Gambit has greater accuracy.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@acer51: It's cool. I'd actually agree with you on that one. While Shocker eventually tagging Spider-Man certainly is impressive, it comes down to feats, and Remy has more feats that prove he can be precise with his accuracy when he needs to be. That said, I think it'll be a huge challenge for him to dodge Shocker's blast for an extended period of time.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By acer51

@k4tzm4n said:

@acer51: It's cool. I'd actually agree with you on that one. While Shocker eventually tagging Spider-Man certainly is impressive, it comes down to feats, and Remy has more feats that prove he can be precise with his accuracy when he needs to be. That said, I think it'll be a huge challenge for him to dodge Shocker's blast for an extended period of time.

Well Shocker isn't known for his aim, when he fights he just blasts in your general direction and doesn't seem to care for precision, but the raw force of his Gauntlets make up for that.

I agree Shockers blasts wont be so easy to dodge, but he'll have plenty of cover in the streets of Gotham. Also his Luck powers will give him a considerable dodging bonus.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@acer51: Luck powers? I believe you're thinking of Longshot.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By acer51

@k4tzm4n said:

@acer51: Luck powers? I believe you're thinking of Longshot.

An error on my part again.

He has Hypnotizing powers i thought they were Luck powers because he sometimes calls them that.

Hypnotizing powers will come in handy too though.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@acer51: That's really only something he can casually use on women. He's not going to have a heartfelt moment with Shocker where they gaze into each other's eyes. ;)

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Sherlock
@k4tzm4n said:

@acer51: That's really only something he can casually use on women. He's not going to have a heartfelt moment with Shocker where they gaze into each other's eyes. ;)

You never know now do ya
acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By acer51

@k4tzm4n: lol but on-topic, Gambit will be able to dodge enough to get hits on shocker.

How will Shocker stand up to Kinetic blasts by the way?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@acer51 said:

@k4tzm4n: lol but on-topic, Gambit will be able to dodge enough to get hits on shocker.

How will Shocker stand up to Kinetic blasts by the way?

Answer to both: disputable.