What can Robin do that Gambit Cant?

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Forever

Robin has a utility belt full of stuff that Gambit doesn't, and he might be a more skilled fighter. Their skill level is debateable.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Robin was trained by Batman and Batman alone. Gambit was trained by the Thieves Guild as well as thee X-Men. Gambits control over kinetic energy gives him above human agility and dexterity. Robin's skilled but nowhere near as skilled as Gambit (in my opinion)

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Forever

Gambler says:

"Robin was trained by Batman and Batman alone. Gambit was trained by the Thieves Guild as well as thee X-Men. Gambits control over kinetic energy gives him above human agility and dexterity. Robin's skilled but nowhere near as skilled as Gambit (in my opinion)"

It depends on which Robin youre talking about. Tim Drake was trained by Lady Shiva as well as Batman. Besides whether youre trained by one or more people, doesn't necessarily mean youre a better fighter. Whether you know one or more style, doesn't necessarily mean youre a better fighter (as long as that one style you know is balanced). But in this case, Batman is said to know over 200 styles and could have taught them all to Robin. That's why I said it's debateable as to which one is more skilled at fighting.

I also recall looking Gambit up for another fight and it said that his powers give him near superhuman agility and dexterity, which may be peak human or may actually be below peak human. So I'm not sure he has an advantage there against any of the Robins because they're supposed to be near peak human in agility and dexterity.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Forever says:

"Gambler says:
"Robin was trained by Batman and Batman alone. Gambit was trained by the Thieves Guild as well as thee X-Men. Gambits control over kinetic energy gives him above human agility and dexterity. Robin's skilled but nowhere near as skilled as Gambit (in my opinion)"

It depends on which Robin youre talking about. Tim Drake was trained by Lady Shiva as well as Batman. Besides whether youre trained by one or more people, doesn't necessarily mean youre a better fighter. Whether you know one or more style, doesn't necessarily mean youre a better fighter (as long as that one style you know is balanced). But in this case, Batman is said to know over 200 styles and could have taught them all to Robin. That's why I said it's debateable as to which one is more skilled at fighting.

I also recall looking Gambit up for another fight and it said that his powers give him near superhuman agility and dexterity, which may be peak human or may actually be below peak human. So I'm not sure he has an advantage there against any of the Robins because they're supposed to be near peak human in agility and dexterity."

According to this site he's only peak human but in comics he's been regarded as an Alpha level mutant so take from that what you will. I doubt Batman taught any of the Robins everything he knows not many teacher's would. I don't even see Robin being able to land a shot against Gambit.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Ghostshell

This is from his page (and no I didn't put it there.)

Gambit's mutant powers allows him to manipulate kinetic energy, which extends to control of subatomic particles, essentially giving him the ability to also manipulate time and space. But due to various factors, his power is usually limited to kinetically charging any inanimate object which will then explode.

Gambit also has superhuman speed, agility, and dexterity as a result of the kinetic energy his body naturally channels. His mind is virtually unreadable by any telepath and Gambit has the rarely-used ability to hypnotically charm people.

When transformed into the Horseman of Death by Apocalypse, Gambit gained the ability to convert materials into toxins.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By Lantern Prime

I thought now he can charge anything now?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Ghostshell

SoundWave07 says:

"I thought now he can charge anything now?"

Define anything? He's never been able to charge like say people or living creatures.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Forever

Gambler says:

"Forever says:
"Gambler says:
It depends on which Robin youre talking about. Tim Drake was trained by Lady Shiva as well as Batman. Besides whether youre trained by one or more people, doesn't necessarily mean youre a better fighter. Whether you know one or more style, doesn't necessarily mean youre a better fighter (as long as that one style you know is balanced). But in this case, Batman is said to know over 200 styles and could have taught them all to Robin. That's why I said it's debateable as to which one is more skilled at fighting. I also recall looking Gambit up for another fight and it said that his powers give him near superhuman agility and dexterity, which may be peak human or may actually be below peak human. So I'm not sure he has an advantage there against any of the Robins because they're supposed to be near peak human in agility and dexterity."
According to this site he's only peak human but in comics he's been regarded as an Alpha level mutant so take from that what you will. I doubt Batman taught any of the Robins everything he knows not many teacher's would. I don't even see Robin being able to land a shot against Gambit."
Yeah I know abot the peak human part. I looked on Marvel's site too and they only said near superhuman, but I'm willing to go with peak. I dont know how good Thieves Guild training is. How good are their teachers? Batman is one of the five best fighters in DC. Who in the Thieves Guild is that good? Don't forget Shiva's training. She's more skilled a fighter than Batman is so Drake could easily be more skilled than Gambit. There are too many questions to know for sure who the more skilled fighter is, but I would bet that Tim Drake could easily trade attacks in a hand to hand fight with Gambit.
Post Edited:2007-08-12 12:40:17
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lantern Prime

Gambler says:

"SoundWave07 says:
"I thought now he can charge anything now?"
Define anything? He's never been able to charge like say people or living creatures."

Oh well thats what I mean't.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Forever says:

"Gambler says:
"Forever says:
"Gambler says:
It depends on which Robin youre talking about. Tim Drake was trained by Lady Shiva as well as Batman. Besides whether youre trained by one or more people, doesn't necessarily mean youre a better fighter. Whether you know one or more style, doesn't necessarily mean youre a better fighter (as long as that one style you know is balanced). But in this case, Batman is said to know over 200 styles and could have taught them all to Robin. That's why I said it's debateable as to which one is more skilled at fighting. I also recall looking Gambit up for another fight and it said that his powers give him near superhuman agility and dexterity, which may be peak human or may actually be below peak human. So I'm not sure he has an advantage there against any of the Robins because they're supposed to be near peak human in agility and dexterity."
According to this site he's only peak human but in comics he's been regarded as an Alpha level mutant so take from that what you will. I doubt Batman taught any of the Robins everything he knows not many teacher's would. I don't even see Robin being able to land a shot against Gambit."
Yeah I know abot the peak human part. I looked on Marvel's site too and they only said near superhuman, but I'm willing to go with peak. I dont know how good Thieves Guild training is. How good are their teachers? Batman is one of the five best fighters in DC. Who in the Thieves Guild is that good? Don't forget Shiva's training. She's more skilled a fighter than Batman is so Drake could easily be more skilled than Gambit. There are too many questions to know for sure who the more skilled fighter is, but I would bet that Tim Drake could easily trade attacks in a hand to hand fight with Gambit.
Post Edited:2007-08-12 12:40:17"

Just cause your trained by the best doesn't mean you automatically become great yourself. Joe Frazier (boxer for those who live in a cave) is one of the top five greatest boxer's ever, when he retired he trained his sons and cornered them. He's oldest boy became a heavyweight and was decent but when he fought for the title he got knocked out in like 30 seconds and was never heard from again. Gambit could charge everything from the buildings to the street with energy. What would Robin do?

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lantern Prime

Gambler says:

"Forever says:
"Gambler says:
"Forever says:
"Gambler says:
Post Edited:2007-08-12 12:40:17"
Just cause your trained by the best doesn't mean you automatically become great yourself. Joe Frazier (boxer for those who live in a cave) is one of the top five greatest boxer's ever, when he retired he trained his sons and cornered them. He's oldest boy became a heavyweight and was decent but when he fought for the title he got knocked out in like 30 seconds and was never heard from again. Gambit could charge everything from the buildings to the street with energy. What would Robin do?"
Thats a good comparison! The only Batman character that can ever really be great and just as good as him is Nightwing!
Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Forever

Gambler says:

"Just cause your trained by the best doesn't mean you automatically become great yourself. Joe Frazier (boxer for those who live in a cave) is one of the top five greatest boxer's ever, when he retired he trained his sons and cornered them. He's oldest boy became a heavyweight and was decent but when he fought for the title he got knocked out in like 30 seconds and was never heard from again. Gambit could charge everything from the buildings to the street with energy. What would Robin do?"

That's why I said there are too many questions to determine who the more skilled fighter is. Having fewer teachers (Robin), having less skilled teachers (Gambit), having learned fewer styles (who knows), etc., wont necessarily determine who the better fighter is.

Everything I've been saying is based on the skills of the fighters, not on who would win. I haven't really gotten into saying anything about Gambit's powers or Robin's utility belt and how they could employ those to win.

The larger the object, the longer it takes Gambit to power it up. So his ability to charge buildings or the street would pretty much be worthless. Robin would be on top of him before he was able to charge anything of that size up. Gambit would have a better chance sticking to smaller things like his playing cards. Gambit's power would give him a distinct advantage except for all of the things that Robin has in his utility belt. I dont know how well Gambit will be fighting with flashbangs, teargas, bolas, or whatever else Robin is carrying, being used against him. I would think the utility belt eliminates the advantage that Gambit's power gives him.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Forever

SoundWave07 says:

"Thats a good comparison! The only Batman character that can ever really be great and just as good as him is Nightwing! "

Why arbitrarily pick Nightwing? What about him makes it more likely that he can be greater than the others or do you just like him better?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Forever says:

"Gambler says:
"Just cause your trained by the best doesn't mean you automatically become great yourself. Joe Frazier (boxer for those who live in a cave) is one of the top five greatest boxer's ever, when he retired he trained his sons and cornered them. He's oldest boy became a heavyweight and was decent but when he fought for the title he got knocked out in like 30 seconds and was never heard from again. Gambit could charge everything from the buildings to the street with energy. What would Robin do?"

That's why I said there are too many questions to determine who the more skilled fighter is. Having fewer teachers (Robin), having less skilled teachers (Gambit), having learned fewer styles (who knows), etc., wont necessarily determine who the better fighter is.

Everything I've been saying is based on the skills of the fighters, not on who would win. I haven't really gotten into saying anything about Gambit's powers or Robin's utility belt and how they could employ those to win.

The larger the object, the longer it takes Gambit to power it up. So his ability to charge buildings or the street would pretty much be worthless. Robin would be on top of him before he was able to charge anything of that size up. Gambit would have a better chance sticking to smaller things like his playing cards. Gambit's power would give him a distinct advantage except for all of the things that Robin has in his utility belt. I dont know how well Gambit will be fighting with flashbangs, teargas, bolas, or whatever else Robin is carrying, being used against him. I would think the utility belt eliminates the advantage that Gambit's power gives him."

Its not like it takes Gambit forever to charge something. He wouldn't have to charge the whole building to get the desired result. Look at X-Men #200, he charged a doll and it blew up an entire building. I think people underestimated how powerful Gambits kinetic energy is because he uses cards but thats not the case, he can do some serious damage with even the smallest object. I mean Gambit's taken on the Gladiator and survived, when Robin fends off somebody of that level let me know.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lantern Prime

Forever says:

"SoundWave07 says:
"Thats a good comparison! The only Batman character that can ever really be great and just as good as him is Nightwing! "
Why arbitrarily pick Nightwing? What about him makes it more likely that he can be greater than the others or do you just like him better?"

Yes and Yes!

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Forever

Gambler says:

"Its not like it takes Gambit forever to charge something. He wouldn't have to charge the whole building to get the desired result. Look at X-Men #200, he charged a doll and it blew up an entire building. I think people underestimated how powerful Gambits kinetic energy is because he uses cards but thats not the case, he can do some serious damage with even the smallest object. I mean Gambit's taken on the Gladiator and survived, when Robin fends off somebody of that level let me know. "

lol I wouldn't use that as an example. That would be like me showing a picture of Spider-Man (who can beat Gambit by the way) knocking down Superman with a punch.

It doesn't mean he could win a fight between the two and actually wouldn't have happened if Superman (or Gladiator) was written the right way. That only happens to advance the story. Unless youre going to tell me that Gambit would win that fight or is even close to that league.

It doesn't have to take Gambit long to power up what he's trying to charge. Just more than the time it takes Robin to throw a batarang, an adhesive bomb, teargas, whatever... And I'm not underestimating him. But how long did it take him to charge that doll? A couple of seconds maybe? That would be too long because Robin would be attacking constantly, especially once he saw Gambit charging things up.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Forever

SoundWave07 says:

"Forever says:
"SoundWave07 says:
Why arbitrarily pick Nightwing? What about him makes it more likely that he can be greater than the others or do you just like him better?"
Yes and Yes!"

lol Ok. You're a Nightwing fan. That's cool.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lantern Prime

Forever says:

"SoundWave07 says:
"Forever says:
"SoundWave07 says:
Yes and Yes!"
lol Ok. You're a Nightwing fan. That's cool."

Well lets just say I like him 100,000,000 x more than Tim Drake!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Ghostshell

He only needs one hand to charge an object, the other would be free to throw cards either at Robin himself or his teargas and bat-a-rangs. I guess though if Robin can take Slade then he probably would be able to take Gambit as well.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Forever

Gambler says:

"He only needs one hand to charge an object, the other would be free to throw cards either at Robin himself or his teargas and bat-a-rangs. I guess though if Robin can take Slade then he probably would be able to take Gambit as well."

I dont think Robin should be able to take Slade and I think that Gambit would be the more likely winner between Robin and Gambit, but I was just illustrating that it may not be an easy fight. Without prior knowledge, Gambit could easily surprise Robin with several cards at once and put Robin down very quickly.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#23  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

SoundWave07 says:

"Well lets just say I like him 100,000,000 x more than Tim Drake!"

Foolishness, Tim Drake owns your life.

I don't know who wins yet. I'm leaning towards Robin, but I'm trying to make sure that's logical and not just because I'm a fan of Tim. I'll get back to you when I figure it out. You two (Gambler and Forever) keep going, you're both helping.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Forever says:

"Gambler says:
"He only needs one hand to charge an object, the other would be free to throw cards either at Robin himself or his teargas and bat-a-rangs. I guess though if Robin can take Slade then he probably would be able to take Gambit as well."

I dont think Robin should be able to take Slade and I think that Gambit would be the more likely winner between Robin and Gambit, but I was just illustrating that it may not be an easy fight. Without prior knowledge, Gambit could easily surprise Robin with several cards at once and put Robin down very quickly."

Really? I thought he already did once before. Either way I think it was a decent debate.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Forever

I'm glad I've been of some help, but really this fight has too many questions. Exactly how good of a fighter is Gambit? He's fought fairly well against Wolverine but you look back and see that during most of their fights, Wolverine was still recovering from some serious injuries (this is of course, back in the days when it actually took Wolverine considerable time to heal, but I digress). I've never seen Gambit go up against anyone with serious levels of skill, though I haven't seen all of Gambit's fights so Gambler could probably say more about that. But I have seen Tim Drake go against some serious competition. He did fight Deathstroke and while I think that realistically Tim should lose that fight every time, I can still imagine him actually holding his own for some time in the fight. Tim was trained by Shiva who thinks that he is a prodigy and will one day be better than Batman is. That says a lot.

Tim should have all of the things that Batman does on his utility belt. The same sonic devices that should make it difficult for Gambit to even concentrate on charging anything. The same flashbangs and batarangs... hell they carry just about anything you can think of on their belts. Depending on where they fight and how quickly the wind will diffuse the air, Robin could take out a gas bomb and end the fight in the first thirty seconds.

How long exactly does it take Gambit to charge an item? You can show him charging a doll with enough energy to blow up a building in one panel, but if he is not under duress, how much time does that panel represent? Was it two seconds, or a couple of minutes? It has been shown that the more of an effect he desires, the longer it takes him to charge the item but for an area explosion, which is what he would need against Robin, how much time does he need and how much concentration does he need?

Lots of questions for Gambit. Lots of assumptions you have to make to give him the win.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lantern Prime

Alright Gambit a near Omega Level mutant now! Buckshot, do you know what that means?

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Forever

SoundWave07 says:

"Alright Gambit a near Omega Level mutant now! Buckshot, do you know what that means?"

You dont know what that means?

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#28  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

SoundWave07 says:

"Alright Gambit a near Omega Level mutant now! Buckshot, do you know what that means?"

Obviously you don't. You can't be "near" Omega. That's like being "near" infinity. You either are Omega or you're not. It's not a powerlevel, it's an application of power. Elixir isn't enormously destructive but he's an Omega because of the way his powers work. The characters that are Omega Level didn't become that way, they always were, they just never realized the potential of their powers. And being Omega alone doesn't mean they win. Joker could kill Elixir easily despite him being Omega, so even if Gambit was on that level, it doesn't means he automatically wins.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#29  Edited By Apparition

i say gambit wins. slingshot didn't say that they had any prior knowledge of eachother so just like forever said, gambit's first move could be to toss out multiple cards, while charging one up with his other hand to the level that it could at least blow up a car. when that card hits anywhere near robin, robin goes down and gambit can do whatever he wants with him.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Forever says:

"I'm glad I've been of some help, but really this fight has too many questions. Exactly how good of a fighter is Gambit? He's fought fairly well against Wolverine but you look back and see that during most of their fights, Wolverine was still recovering from some serious injuries (this is of course, back in the days when it actually took Wolverine considerable time to heal, but I digress). I've never seen Gambit go up against anyone with serious levels of skill, though I haven't seen all of Gambit's fights so Gambler could probably say more about that. But I have seen Tim Drake go against some serious competition. He did fight Deathstroke and while I think that realistically Tim should lose that fight every time, I can still imagine him actually holding his own for some time in the fight. Tim was trained by Shiva who thinks that he is a prodigy and will one day be better than Batman is. That says a lot.Tim should have all of the things that Batman does on his utility belt. The same sonic devices that should make it difficult for Gambit to even concentrate on charging anything. The same flashbangs and batarangs... hell they carry just about anything you can think of on their belts. Depending on where they fight and how quickly the wind will diffuse the air, Robin could take out a gas bomb and end the fight in the first thirty seconds.How long exactly does it take Gambit to charge an item? You can show him charging a doll with enough energy to blow up a building in one panel, but if he is not under duress, how much time does that panel represent? Was it two seconds, or a couple of minutes? It has been shown that the more of an effect he desires, the longer it takes him to charge the item but for an area explosion, which is what he would need against Robin, how much time does he need and how much concentration does he need?Lots of questions for Gambit. Lots of assumptions you have to make to give him the win."

You keep saying Robin wins do to a gas bomb but Gambit is a master marksmen, it wouldn't take much to hit it with a card (or a couple) before it gets anywhere near him.

Gambit has fought the likes of Wolverine (as mentioned) but also Sabretooth not to mention a future version of himself called the New Sun, a battle in which he lost most of his new powers (giving by Sinister) like thee ability to charge an object by looking at it. I doubt it takes Gambit any longer then a second to charge a card even under stress. If he isn't MORE agile then Robin he's as. One thing to, Gambit is an escape artist, so even he if couldn't kill or defeat Robin he should be able to get away.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lantern Prime

Buckshot says:

"SoundWave07 says:
Obviously you don't. You can't be "near" Omega. That's like being "near" infinity. You either are Omega or you're not. It's not a powerlevel, it's an application of power. Elixir isn't enormously destructive but he's an Omega because of the way his powers work. The characters that are Omega Level didn't *become* that way, they always were, they just never realized the potential of their powers. And being Omega alone doesn't mean they win. Joker could kill Elixir easily despite him being Omega, so even if Gambit was on that level, it doesn't means he automatically wins."
Yeah I know that! But when he started out could onl;y charge smaller objects! So technically now Hes near that level!
Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Forever

Gambler says:

"You keep saying Robin wins do to a gas bomb but Gambit is a master marksmen, it wouldn't take much to hit it with a card (or a couple) before it gets anywhere near him. Gambit has fought the likes of Wolverine (as mentioned) but also Sabretooth not to mention a future version of himself called the New Sun, a battle in which he lost most of his new powers (giving by Sinister) like thee ability to charge an object by looking at it. I doubt it takes Gambit any longer then a second to charge a card even under stress. If he isn't MORE agile then Robin he's as. One thing to, Gambit is an escape artist, so even he if couldn't kill or defeat Robin he should be able to get away."

Hitting that bomb could simply release the gas earlier than planned, which could still knock Gambit out, depending on how far away it was or how the air is moving where they're fighting. Maybe it's windy or the AC is really moving the air around, if they're in a building. Or another possibility is that the gasses that are inside the bomb are explosive and so they go up in a fireball. That could effect either of them negatively, depending on how close they are to it when it goes up.

When talking about who they've fought I'm trying to illustrate skill. I know Wolverine is supposed to be highly skilled now, but he has not always fought that way. Even now he goes in like a brawler most of the time. Sabretooth's no different. What I would like to see would be how Gambit fares in a hand to hand fight against Iron Fist, Shang-Chi or Captain America. That would be the skill level of the people Robin has trained against, been taught by, and fought against.

I'm certainly not claiming that Robin is more agile or acrobatic than Gambit. I was arguing that Robin should be considered as agile and acrobatic as Gambit, as there was the confusion at first about whether Gambit was superhuman in those regards or not.

Gambit is an escape artist but if Robin catches him in a net, and we're doing a fight to the death, Robin's not going to wait long before he goes in for the kill. If Robin's just trying to capture him, then yes I think Gambit would get out of his restraints. But that depends on what they are. If it was some sort of adhesive, I doubt he would be able to get out of it.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Vargas may be more what your looking for then. He has superhuman agility and dexterity along with being a great swordsman. Gambit didn't beat Vargas but only because of Rogue.

He once had a bounty placed on his head and several superhuman assassins set out to kill him. He defeated them all and took the fight to New Son.

If Robin caught Gambit in a net (which I doubt seeing as how he's a trained thief) Robin would have to move in close to finish him off and all Gambit would have to do is touch the net to charge it an it would explode, now i know that would kill him as well but he's been shown that he's willing to take himself out as long as he gets the other guy to.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Forever

Blowing up that net would be one hell of a stalemate.

My only problem is how good is Vargas? How good were those superhuman asassins? It's possible that Robin could have easily done the same things. If Vargas had been known as one of the best fighters in all of Marvel then that would have been something. But it's really difficult to place Gambit in the upper echelon of fighters when we have no great showings against fighters on that level.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lantern Prime

Gambit wins this! There are certain guys you can't beat!

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Lantern Prime

Gambit wins this! There are certain guys you can't beat!

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Forever

SoundWave07 says:

"Gambit wins this! There are certain guys you can't beat!"

And Gambit's one of those unbeatable guys? Youre just making me lean further towards Robin.

Ketch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ketch

lol

Ketch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ketch

Post Deleted.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40  Edited By Methos

SoundWave07 says:

you're taking one step forward, and then 10 steps back towards being a fanboy with talk like that...

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Forever says:

"Blowing up that net would be one hell of a stalemate.My only problem is how good is Vargas? How good were those superhuman asassins? It's possible that Robin could have easily done the same things. If Vargas had been known as one of the best fighters in all of Marvel then that would have been something. But it's really difficult to place Gambit in the upper echelon of fighters when we have no great showings against fighters on that level."

This is true but who has Robin fought besides Slade? No matter how they fight Wolverine and Sabretooth have to be in the top half of Marvels best fighters. I already showed you an example of Gambit holding his own against Gladiator but it was chalked up to bad witting. Its been brought up that Robin may be able to beat thee assassins sent for Gambit, this may be true but who's to say Gambit cant beat the foes Robin has faced?

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Forever

Gambler says:

"Forever says:
"Blowing up that net would be one hell of a stalemate. My only problem is how good is Vargas? How good were those superhuman asassins? It's possible that Robin could have easily done the same things. If Vargas had been known as one of the best fighters in all of Marvel then that would have been something. But it's really difficult to place Gambit in the upper echelon of fighters when we have no great showings against fighters on that level."
This is true but who has Robin fought besides Slade? No matter how they fight Wolverine and Sabretooth have to be in the top half of Marvels best fighters. I already showed you an example of Gambit holding his own against Gladiator but it was chalked up to bad witting. Its been brought up that Robin may be able to beat thee assassins sent for Gambit, this may be true but who's to say Gambit cant beat the foes Robin has faced? "

Well two of the great fighters that I've shown Robin facing are two who have trained him. Lady Shiva and Batman. Both considered in the top five of fighters in DC. Not the top half, but the top five. Another entrant into the top five group would be Cassandra Cain. Robin wouldn't beat any of them, but he is good enough to hold his own against them for a short amount of time. We dont see Gambit doing that with anyone considered in the top five in Marvel. Maybe he can. Maybe Gambit is the best fighter in Marvel, but we dont have any evidence of that. Just going off of what we have seen and who they have fought, it would seem that Robin is more skilled than Gambit is at fighting.

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

Well, I think Gambit, because he's vewry acrobatic in fighting style, but so is Robin. They both fight with Staffs, and they both know fighting styles. But, Gambit can explode any inanimate object. What if he gets a chance to touch Robin's staff while fighting.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Forever

Cryo-Wolf says:

"Well, I think Gambit, because he's vewry acrobatic in fighting style, but so is Robin. They both fight with Staffs, and they both know fighting styles. But, Gambit can explode *any* inanimate object. What if he gets a chance to touch Robin's staff while fighting."

If that's his first move Cryo, then Robin might be in for a big surprise. But is there light when the object is charged? Can someone holding onto the object feel something happening when it is being charged? Does it vibrate? Is there any warmth? If there is anything to tip off that it is charged up, when Gambit pulls back to get out of harm's way then Robin would drop the staff and do the same or simply throw the staff at Gambit. Robin has a lot of experience fighting super powered beings so he would be ready for the unexpected to happen. If something tips him off then there is a good chance that the explosion doesn't get him. If no tip off, then Robin goes down.
Post Edited:2007-08-12 15:59:13

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Methos

SoundWave07 says:

"Methos says:
"SoundWave07 says:
you're taking one step forward, and then 10 steps back towards being a fanboy with talk like that... M"

HAAAIEAIE, What? Come on, you know its its true! Nobody is unbeatable! I mean would you to give you a scenerio?"

certain guys are unbeatable...

Gambit is not one of them

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Forever says:

"Gambler says:
"Forever says:
"Blowing up that net would be one hell of a stalemate. My only problem is how good is Vargas? How good were those superhuman asassins? It's possible that Robin could have easily done the same things. If Vargas had been known as one of the best fighters in all of Marvel then that would have been something. But it's really difficult to place Gambit in the upper echelon of fighters when we have no great showings against fighters on that level."
This is true but who has Robin fought besides Slade? No matter how they fight Wolverine and Sabretooth have to be in the top half of Marvels best fighters. I already showed you an example of Gambit holding his own against Gladiator but it was chalked up to bad witting. Its been brought up that Robin may be able to beat thee assassins sent for Gambit, this may be true but who's to say Gambit cant beat the foes Robin has faced? "

Well two of the great fighters that I've shown Robin facing are two who have trained him. Lady Shiva and Batman. Both considered in the top five of fighters in DC. Not the top half, but the top five. Another entrant into the top five group would be Cassandra Cain. Robin wouldn't beat any of them, but he is good enough to hold his own against them for a short amount of time. We don't see Gambit doing that with anyone considered in the top five in Marvel. Maybe he can. Maybe Gambit is the best fighter in Marvel, but we dont have any evidence of that. Just going off of what we have seen and who they have fought, it would seem that Robin is more skilled than Gambit is at fighting."

Cassandra Cain? Batman? You consider them better fighter's then Sabretooth and Wolverine?

How exactly to you calculate skillz by company? Who's to say the 6-10 best fighters in Marvel aren't better then 1-5 in DC? Just cause Robin's fought Batman or Deathstroke for that matter doesn't mean anything in another fight. I hate to go back to the boxing but I feel its rellavent. Joe Frazier knocked out Ali, then himself got knocked out by Foreman, who in turn got beat by Ali, ya see what I'm saying? Who's to say because Robin held his own against so and so that means he wins?
Post Edited:2007-08-12 15:39:05

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Lantern Prime

Methos says:

"SoundWave07 says:
you're taking one step forward, and then 10 steps back towards being a fanboy with talk like that... M"

HAAAIEAIE, What? Come on, you know its its true! Nobody is unbeatable! I mean would you to give you a scenerio?

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Forever

Gambler says:

"Cassandra Cain? Batman? You consider them better fighter's then Sabretooth and Wolverine? How exactly to you calculate skillz by company? Who's to say the 6-10 best fighters in Marvel aren't better then 1-5 in DC? Just cause Robin's fought Batman or Deathstroke for that matter doesn't mean anything in another fight. I hate to go back to the boxing but I feel its rellavent. Joe Frazier knocked out Ali, then himself got knocked out by Foreman, who in turn got beat by Ali, ya see what I'm saying? Who's to say because Robin held his own against so and so that means he wins?
Post Edited:2007-08-12 15:39:05"

Yes I do consider Cassandra Cain and Batman more skilled fighters then Sabretooth. Wolverine... Sometimes he fights like he is skilled and sometimes he doesn't. How do you determine between companies? That's an excellent question. Batman is one of the top five in DC and has mastered over 200 different fighting styles. Whenever we put him in a competition between other martial artists of any company (Marvel included) and say it is just a hand to hand fight, no one acts like Batman doesn't belong there. So obviously he would rank among the best in Marvel as well. Ok. I said top five for a reason. Batman is not considered the most skilled fighter in DC. So with his mastery of over 200 different styles there are other fighters more skilled than he is. Such as Lady Shiva and possibly Cassandra Cain. Two other people Robin has fought.

Now being more skilled of a fighter doesn't mean you win the fight. Shang-Chi is a more skilled fighter then Wolverine yet Wolverine beat him and should have beaten him. His powers give him the advantage. But you skill is definitely one of the things in determining who would win and who wouldnt. I'm not taking some scrub who Batman trained and never could pick up Batman's training. Lady Shiva said how skilled Robin is and Robin has displayed it in several fights. I agree with your boxing analogy but if that were the case then Robin would be losing these fights that he is winning and doing really well in. So you can't just say that because someone who learned from a great fighter didnt turn out to be great, that anyone who learns from a great fighter doesn't turn out to be great. Robin has been displaying his skill for quite some time now.

Another thing... I've seen Ali... and Gambit is no Ali. ;)

I'm not saying that Robin will definitely win. If you go back and look at the one post that I actually made a decision in, I said that I think that Gambit would probably win. But Robin is most likely a more skilled fighter and has a good chance of winning this fight.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Forever says:

"Gambler says:
"Cassandra Cain? Batman? You consider them better fighter's then Sabretooth and Wolverine? How exactly to you calculate skillz by company? Who's to say the 6-10 best fighters in Marvel aren't better then 1-5 in DC? Just cause Robin's fought Batman or Deathstroke for that matter doesn't mean anything in another fight. I hate to go back to the boxing but I feel its rellavent. Joe Frazier knocked out Ali, then himself got knocked out by Foreman, who in turn got beat by Ali, ya see what I'm saying? Who's to say because Robin held his own against so and so that means he wins?
Post Edited:2007-08-12 15:39:05"

Yes I do consider Cassandra Cain and Batman more skilled fighters then Sabretooth. Wolverine... Sometimes he fights like he is skilled and sometimes he doesn't. How do you determine between companies? That's an excellent question. Batman is one of the top five in DC and has mastered over 200 different fighting styles. Whenever we put him in a competition between other martial artists of any company (Marvel included) and say it is just a hand to hand fight, no one acts like Batman doesn't belong there. So obviously he would rank among the best in Marvel as well. Ok. I said top five for a reason. Batman is not considered the most skilled fighter in DC. So with his mastery of over 200 different styles there are other fighters more skilled than he is. Such as Lady Shiva and possibly Cassandra Cain. Two other people Robin has fought.

Now being more skilled of a fighter doesn't mean you win the fight. Shang-Chi is a more skilled fighter then Wolverine yet Wolverine beat him and should have beaten him. His powers give him the advantage. But you skill is definitely one of the things in determining who would win and who wouldnt. I'm not taking some scrub who Batman trained and never could pick up Batman's training. Lady Shiva said how skilled Robin is and Robin has displayed it in several fights. I agree with your boxing analogy but if that were the case then Robin would be losing these fights that he is winning and doing really well in. So you can't just say that because someone who learned from a great fighter didnt turn out to be great, that anyone who learns from a great fighter doesn't turn out to be great. Robin has been displaying his skill for quite some time now.

Another thing... I've seen Ali... and Gambit is no Ali. ;)

I'm not saying that Robin will definitely win. If you go back and look at the one post that I actually made a decision in, I said that I think that Gambit would probably win. But Robin is most likely a more skilled fighter and has a good chance of winning this fight."

Its like a mini Buckshot. (not in a bad way) If this battle depended on who made the better case you won hands down.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Methos

jaw drops...

Gambler paid a complement?!?!?!

you're a lucky man Forever lol

M