how
#7 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Grab him, charge him, blow him up

#8 Posted by Watch Dog (834 posts) - - Show Bio

not befor NC tellaported away with his head

#9 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
Watch Dog said:
"not befor NC tellaported away with his head"
Everyone always says that. Gambit's an X-Men, he's well aware of Nightcrawler's teleportation abilities. Cyclop's is fast enough to react to Nightcrawler after he's teleported so why wouldn't Gambit? Its not like he moves at light speeds or anything.
Gambit could do thee exact same thing. Only instead of throwing Wolverine he'd throw a card, and instead of an optic blast it would be another card.
#10 Posted by Lunacyde (19458 posts) - - Show Bio

It's possible Gambit could hit Nightcrawler, very very possible, but you also have to take into account that kinetically charged playing cards move slower than an optic blast and Cyclops knew beforehand what Nightcrawler was going ot do because he is the team leader and he already knew what kind of attack Nightcrawler likes to come with. It even says this in the scan.

Also Gambit cannot charge Nightcrawler up and blow him up, he can only charge inanimate objects.

#11 Edited by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually all he says in the scan is, "How many times do I have to tell you this approach leaves you vulnerable. Clearly from the depiction you can see Cyclops reacting to Nightcrawler's move as opposed to waiting for him. His heads even turned away. Also Gambit throws his cards at a good clip. He's hit speedster's before (Quicksilver who even Cyclops couldnt hit), so I see no reason why he couldn't throw one series as a way to get Nightcrawler to teleport while using another to hit him as he reappeared.

Nightcrawler could very well win this. I just hate when people say, "He'd just teleport their head off" thats so weak.

And Gambit can charge anything.

Gambit charging Sabastain Shaw
#12 Posted by Iron Doom (864 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcarwler is aslo much more skilled in fighting than gambit with the h2h combat and he is beast with any sword

#13 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler has convinced me enough. Nightcrawler could lose this.

#14 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
Iron Doom said:
"Nightcarwler is aslo much more skilled in fighting than gambit with the h2h combat and he is beast with any sword"
Better then Gambit in H2H? You'd have to convince me of that. I know Nightcrawler is a Fencer, but Gambit is a Master of Savate.
#15 Posted by Lunacyde (19458 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm....I had never seen Gambit be able to charge a human being....I know he charged up Wolverines claws but those are inanimate...I had never seen him charge a living being before...I guess I was wrong...but it's ok I will admit it lol

#16 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Gambler has convinced me enough. Nightcrawler could lose this."
Hahaha thats all I was going for.
#17 Posted by Iron Doom (864 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Iron Doom said:
"Nightcarwler is aslo much more skilled in fighting than gambit with the h2h combat and he is beast with any sword"
Better then Gambit in H2H? You'd have to convince me of that. I know Nightcrawler is a Fencer, but Gambit is a Master of Savate."

hold on let me find some scans
#18 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what, I'm changing my mind. Nightcrawler could end this fight fairly easy lmao

#19 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
Iron Doom said:
"Gambler said:
"Iron Doom said:
Better then Gambit in H2H? You'd have to convince me of that. I know Nightcrawler is a Fencer, but Gambit is a Master of Savate."

hold on let me find some scans"
I still wanna see those scans :P
#20 Posted by Iron Doom (864 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Iron Doom said:
"Gambler said:
"Iron Doom said:

I still wanna see those scans :P"
ok here

caption

this stinks i know but the other three would not get through so how am i supposed to show you know i am very sorry
#21 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats a nice acrobatic feat, but in terms of hand to hand fighting it shows very little.

(yeah I know. I cant get scans to go through half the time either)

Sometimes I use this.
http://photobucket.com/

#22 Posted by Buckshot (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is kinda sad. People say Nightcrawler but obviously don't believe that to be true or just don't trust their own opinions enough to stick with the thought and are swayed by a single image, then the guy telling them they were wrong changes his mind.

Just to comment on two things already here (I think that's what I'll do from now on, not add my own thoughts, just work with what's given, maybe) the scan Cyke blasting Nightcrawler doesn't mean Gambit could hit him. As someone else said, Cyclops knew what stunt Nightcrawler would pull (he said that he'd told him many times that the same stunt left him open) when he threw Wolverine and was ready for it. I think that's attributed to Cyclops' many battles alongside Nightcrawler and all the training they've done together, as well as his attention to detail, tactical prowess, battle oriented mind, and his amazing grasp of spatial geometry. Gambit may have a few of these things, but not in the same quantities or at the same level, so I don't agree with the assumption that he could do the same thing. Also, it's been a while since that came out, I think Nightcrawler would have learned some new tricks by now so he may not even leave himself open in that way anymore. As for Gambit hitting him (with cards slower than Cyclops' blast), Nightcrawler is incredibly agile and has more than once dodged or teleported out of the way of bullets (which also travel faster than charged cards). 

And yes, Gambit can charge organic things, but Nightcrawler can still teleport faster. The instant Gambit touches him he could teleport them both into the sky or into a position where Gambit is stuck in a wall. 
#23 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

That's funny.  I was going to comment on the same two things.

#24 Posted by Lunacyde (19458 posts) - - Show Bio
caption

Here is some pretty intense combat.

Also just as a note Nightcrawler could grab Gambit and teleport him instantly 2 miles into the air dropping him and then teleporting back down to safety.

Nightcrawler has fought Captain Britain in H2H before to a stalemate and Captain Britain is very skilled in H2H

Nightcrawler also can use his tail and both feet as well as his hands to fence with, and has enough strength with his tail to lift an above average weight man off the ground.

#25 Posted by LightBright (4297 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler.

#26 Posted by Mac Gargan (23 posts) - - Show Bio
Lunacyde said:
"
caption

Here is some pretty intense combat.

Also just as a note Nightcrawler could grab Gambit and teleport him instantly 2 miles into the air dropping him and then teleporting back down to safety.

Nightcrawler has fought Captain Britain in H2H before to a stalemate and Captain Britain is very skilled in H2H

Nightcrawler also can use his tail and both feet as well as his hands to fence with, and has enough strength with his tail to lift an above average weight man off the ground.

"

Thanks that was one of the ones i couldn't get through
#27 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler would teleport all around Gambit and hit with combos.

#28 Posted by Lunacyde (19458 posts) - - Show Bio

You're welcome...he doesnyt even use teleporting in this fight which proves that he is powerful and dangerous even without his teleportation.

#29 Posted by roguemarvel (39 posts) - - Show Bio

gambit

#30 Posted by Alisx123 (3 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler:  Agreed - Gambit would kick Nightcrawler's butt easily. Gambit  is more trained in hand to hand combat and pays attention to his surroundings well enough using his senses and kinetic mutant abilities to sense where Nightcrawler will teleport next
#31 Posted by sa5m (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

nightcrawler but if gambit could grab and charge him (unlikley) he would win

#32 Posted by Jodema (478 posts) - - Show Bio

I go for Nightcrawler. Both are good at hand to hand combat but Nightcrawler is more unpredictable.
#33 Posted by lagoon_boy (10962 posts) - - Show Bio
Probably Nightcrawler.
#34 Posted by jayskee (1908 posts) - - Show Bio
@Iron Doom said:
"Gambler said:
"Iron Doom said:
"Gambler said:
"Iron Doom said:

I still wanna see those scans :P"
ok here

caption
this stinks i know but the other three would not get through so how am i supposed to show you know i am very sorry "

this  dosen't provide proof gambit could do this easily
#35 Posted by Thorstomp (131 posts) - - Show Bio

this battle can go either way... Kurt teles gambit to far place or gambit charge kurts body@Gambler said:

" Actually all he says in the scan is, "How many times do I have to tell you this approach leaves you vulnerable. Clearly from the depiction you can see Cyclops reacting to Nightcrawler's move as opposed to waiting for him. His heads even turned away. Also Gambit throws his cards at a good clip. He's hit speedster's before (Quicksilver who even Cyclops couldnt hit), so I see no reason why he couldn't throw one series as a way to get Nightcrawler to teleport while using another to hit him as he reappeared.

Nightcrawler could very well win this. I just hate when people say, "He'd just teleport their head off" thats so weak.

And Gambit can charge anything.

Gambit charging Sabastain Shaw
"

#36 Posted by TheThe (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

This one is a 50-50. It's depends of the rules of the fight.

#37 Posted by Edamame (28386 posts) - - Show Bio

I would imagine that Gambit would eventually be able to predict Nightcrawler's teleportation patterns.

#38 Posted by EpitomeofCool (2779 posts) - - Show Bio
@Buckshot said:
And yes, Gambit can charge organic things, but Nightcrawler can still teleport faster. The instant Gambit touches him he could teleport them both into the sky or into a position where Gambit is stuck in a wall. 
"
this.....
#39 Edited by aquarius1480 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit doesn't have to touch him. He kinetically charge his staff and send him flying to the next room. His staff charged could level a house imagine what it'll do to poor Kurt. He is equally as fast as nightcrawler and is just as flexible and acrobatic as him. The man dodged 30,000 bullets as if he was dancing on air. Gambit is crafty which make him unpredictable.He spares with all the xmen and for Nick Fury to say he is one the best H2h fighters that gotta count for something Nicks been around the block and back.

#40 Posted by westy206 (761 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit is smarter than even he realises which is a good thing in my opinion. When thieving he knows without thinking where certain things will be and when it comes to fights it's his instincts and awareness that gives him the edge which is more important than talent. He just knows how to deal with situations without getting flustered. I prefer Nigjtcrawler but I think Gambit would win by charging a card and leaving where hed expect Crawler to land and then it's Gambuts win.

#41 Posted by Zijuun (854 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing. Much more agile, faster and is better in hand to hand combat like everyone said above.