k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Rules:

• Gambit is armed with his bo-staff and half a deck of cards.
  • Moon Knight has his Vengeance era gear, this includes: carbonadium armor, crescent daggers (on belt and via wrist gauntlet), truncheons, bo-staff, katana, grappling line.
  • Random encounter.
  • Morals apply / in character.
  • Gambit will not use his death powers.

Unpopulated. Begin 50 feet apart, visible.

Avatar image for magneticshockwave
MagneticShockwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MagneticShockwave

It's a close battle, but Moon Knight should have the edge on stamina compared to Gambit. Moon Knight displayed a better chance against against Bulls Eye compared to when Gambit fought him so, If Gambit doesn't take Moon Knight out fast, he's going to lose. In my opinion anyway.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By ReVamp

I see Gambit taking this.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Deranged Midget

Gambit's more skilled with a staff than Moon Knight is he not? I don't see him having trouble overcoming Moonknight.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Deranged Midget: That's up for debate. Moon Knight has been dubbed a master with virtually all weapons and extending his truncheon into a bo-staff is a common tactic for him. The two have actually had a rather brief bo-staff battle in a Moon Knight comic and it was a stalemate. But, like I said, it was really brief.

MagneticShockwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MagneticShockwave

Gambit has a powerful energy output, and that output could definitely take out Moon Knight, but I don't think Moon Knight is just going to stand there watching a slow moving kinetic card fly toward him. Any bullet timer should be able to effectively dodge the harm of a kinetic card and its explosion. If they fight hand to hand or staff against staff, the battle would seem pretty much equal, but Gambit hasn't displayed better stamina than Moon Knight.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Deranged Midget

@k4tzm4n: Could Gambit's Kinect powers give him an advantage, perhaps distracting MK or forcing him to take a defensive standpoint?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Deranged Midget: Certainly. His explosive capabilities are always a factor, as are his reflexes and agility. But on the other hand, Moon Knight is overall more skilled, his armor is providing an exceptional amount of durability and he has a variety of weaponry at his disposal. Both hold their own advantages and it would be a fight worth watching... exactly why I made this ;)

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Soulstealer

@MagneticShockwave said:

Gambit has a powerful energy output, and that output could definitely take out Moon Knight, but I don't think Moon Knight is just going to stand there watching a slow moving kinetic card fly toward him. Any bullet timer should be able to effectively dodge the harm of a kinetic card and its explosion. If they fight hand to hand or staff against staff, the battle would seem pretty much equal, but Gambit hasn't displayed better stamina than Moon Knight.

Personally I think you're down playing the speed of those cards and their explosion radius, not to mention that Gambit doesn't need said cards to explode immediately. A series of delayed charges are as good as a minefield. Don't get me wrong I'm not arguing against Moon Knight here, but I think he's in a much nastier battle than fighting someone of arguably close skill in a fair fight were stamina is going to be the key to everything.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Deranged Midget

@k4tzm4n: Hmm, so MK holds more durability and is better skilled than Gambit. How does his speed and agility hold up in that armour? Would he be able to keep up with Remy?

MagneticShockwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Soulstealer said:

@MagneticShockwave said:

Personally I think you're down playing the speed of those cards and their explosion radius, not to mention that Gambit doesn't need said cards to explode immediately. A series of delayed charges are as good as a minefield. Don't get me wrong I'm not arguing against Moon Knight here, but I think he's in a much nastier battle than fighting someone of arguably close skill in a fair fight were stamina is going to be the key to everything.

Don't get me wrong. I believe Gambit throws with great accuracy and speed, but speed of the thrown cards can't be any faster than a speed of a bullet. The delay explosion tactic does seem like a nice strategy though.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Deranged Midget: I haven't seen any signs that the armor hinders his speed or agility. Gambit is more agile and likely a bit faster as well, but I'd dispute that Marc isn't far enough behind to the point where it will make a significant difference.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By nefarious

That's a nice place to take a vacation.  

I'm going with Gambit. 

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Soulstealer

@MagneticShockwave said:

@Soulstealer said:

@MagneticShockwave said:

Don't get me wrong. I believe Gambit throws with great accuracy and speed, but speed of the thrown cards can't be any faster than a speed of a bullet. The delay explosion tactic does seem like a nice strategy though.

True. But in my mind they don't have to be bullet fast because their blast radius makes for a hard dodge. Not to mention multiple detonations in concert. It's not like Moon Knight is gonna stand there and it's not as if he isn't armored, but I'm not sure how many close calls he can tank effectively.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nick_hero22

What are Moon Knight's skill feats?

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@nick_hero22 said:

What are Moon Knight's skill feats?

With what?
aerokinesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By aerokinesis

Is carbonadium anything like vibranium which absorbs kinetic energy?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@aerokinesis: No, I'm pretty certain carbonadium does not absorb kinetic energy.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Ferro Vida

In theory, could Gambit charge Moon Knight's armor if he got close enough? I'm not clear on Gambit's power level or on MK's armor right now.

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GhostRider29

This would be a nice fight. I think Moon Knight pulls this away.

0blivion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By 0blivion_

Gambit turns into Death and curbstomps Moon Knight! XD

Zomboid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By Zomboid

I think Gambit's only advantage here is the kinetic powers. I think Moon Knight's skill, weaponry, armor, endurance, and ruthlessness definitely makes up for it though, and gives him the final edge.

@0blivion_: First post says Gambit will not use his death powers.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Ferro Vida: It wouldn't be in character for Gambit to do so. Such an attack would surely kill Marc.

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By _Black

At first glance, I would say Gambit in a majority, but Moon Knight's multitude of gear and armor make this very close.

0blivion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By 0blivion_

@Zomboid said:

@0blivion_: First post says Gambit will not use his death powers.

Sorry, don't know how I missed that.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By acer51

YOU ONLY GAVE GAMBIT HALF A DECK!!

you also gave Moon knight the sweetest armor possible, i think Remy could win this, but this would be close anyway, so i'm not surprised if Moon Knight wins this.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ferro Vida
@k4tzm4n said:

@Ferro Vida: It wouldn't be in character for Gambit to do so. Such an attack would surely kill Marc.

That is exactly how he killed Hijack, actually. It happened in X-men Legacy just after that Dark X-men thing.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Ferro Vida: I know, but my point is that's not really a normal tactic for him to use in a random encounter and with morals in place. I should have elaborated with that.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@acer51 said:

you also gave Moon knight the sweetest armor possible, i think Remy could win this, but this would be close anyway, so i'm not surprised if Moon Knight wins this.

That's still 26 explosives at his disposal and whatever else he chooses to use in the environment. Not seeing the issue with that.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jeanroygrant

Gambit

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By acer51

@k4tzm4n said:

@acer51 said:

That's still 26 explosives at his disposal and whatever else he chooses to use in the environment. Not seeing the issue with that.

Gambit often uses whole decks at a time, to great explosive effect. His coat is packed with at least 50 decks, Gambit will have to be VERY resourceful compared to the way he usually uses his cards.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@acer51: I'm well aware Gambit usually carries a few decks. He doesn't here, nor does he need to.

Moving on...

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#33  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Ferro Vida: And wasn't Hijack a villain anyways hired by Osborn in HAMMER? If Gambit and Marc had a brief encounter shouldn't they know each other and that both are heroes? I didn't read the encounter but if that is case I don't see Gambit blowing him up. Gambit's hurled cards at people with explosives without killing, but charging the armor would most likely kill him and to another hero why would Remy risk that?

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By acer51

@k4tzm4n said:

@acer51: I'm well aware Gambit usually carries a few decks. He doesn't here, nor does he need to.

Moving on...

Of course he needs to, it's a battle he could defiantly use the advantage of not having to ration out his cards, whether you as the OP believe a large excess of cards would give him to much of an edge or not is an entirely different matter.

Back on Topic i certainly think this is a battle Gambit can win or lose, but he has to use his powers to his advantage, as he can not beat Moon Knight in Hand to Hand combat.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

People always give Gambit a full deck and then you always get the crowd who thinks he'll just spam the whole thing, despite morals in a fight against another hero. So, I took a measure to avoid that nonsense.

But hey, that's the internet. The freedom for anyone to post their opinion... regardless of how crazy it may be.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ferro Vida
@k4tzm4n said:

@Ferro Vida: I know, but my point is that's not really a normal tactic for him to use in a random encounter and with morals in place. I should have elaborated with that.

You're more of a Gambit expert then I am, so I will defer to you on this one.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Ferro Vida: I think he's fine with killing if it comes down to it, but it's not going to be something he'll attempt in a random encounter with a hero unless there's absolutely dire circumstances, imho.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ferro Vida
@k4tzm4n: He always struck me as more of an anti-hero. I believe you here, though. It depend on his motivations in the scenario; in Legacy he was supposed to destroy the Omega Machine, which was kind of important.
acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By acer51

@k4tzm4n said:

People always give Gambit a full deck and then you always get the crowd who thinks he'll just spam the whole thing, despite morals in a fight against another hero. So, I took a measure to avoid that nonsense.

But hey, that's the internet. The freedom for anyone to post their opinion... regardless of how crazy it may be.

Whats crazy about thinking Gambit might spam a deck?, he does it all the time, and Gambit can control how deadly each card is so there's no breakage of morals when he spams a deck.

I'm not against your choice as the OP, but it's not ridiculous to think he'll spam a deck during a fight, it IS however ridiculous to think Gambit will keep spamming decks over and over.

But either way there will be plenty of other things in the environment for Gambit to use his powers on.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@acer51: Gambit taking on a fellow hero in a random encounter does not equal logically thinking Remy will throw "da full deck" most of the time, let alone at all (IMHO). Handful of cards at a time and eventually exhausting all of the cards in the deck over time? Certainly. A full deck (all at once) at a hero without a healing factor while morals apply? F*ck no.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By acer51

@k4tzm4n said:

@acer51: Gambit taking on a fellow hero in a random encounter does not equal logically thinking Remy will throw "da full deck" most of the time, let alone at all. Handful of cards at a time and eventually exhausting all of the cards in the deck over time? Certainly. A full deck at a hero without a healing factor while morals apply? F*ck no.

No that would not be Gambits first reaction. but it sounds like you limited Gambit by alot just so you don't have to deal with one of your pet peeves.

Not that I'm telling you to give him more cards, it's your thread, but I'm not crazy just because i think it limits his abilities.

Purgy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Purgy

Didn't Gambit had full access to his powers when he fought Bullseye and didn't want to kill him.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By acer51

@Purgy said:

Didn't Gambit had full access to his powers when he fought Bullseye and didn't want to kill him.

Gambit does have a good sense of morals, but he can charge there power of his cards to whatever degree he wants (within reason) so Gambit wont have moral qualms about how many he throws but rather how much energy he puts into the cards.

Purgy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Purgy

Ah, i see what you mean. But i remeber reading that issue when Gambit met Bullseye. Oh never mind i'm going with Gambit on this match. But thank you for the info, that i didn't know about Gambit.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@acer51 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@acer51: Gambit taking on a fellow hero in a random encounter does not equal logically thinking Remy will throw "da full deck" most of the time, let alone at all. Handful of cards at a time and eventually exhausting all of the cards in the deck over time? Certainly. A full deck at a hero without a healing factor while morals apply? F*ck no.

No that would not be Gambits first reaction. but it sounds like you limited Gambit by alot just so you don't have to deal with one of your pet peeves.

Not that I'm telling you to give him more cards, it's your thread, but I'm not crazy just because i think it limits his abilities.

I "limited" Gambit for the sake of keeping the match balanced. If I didn't want to deal with pet peeves, I simply wouldn't talk about comic book debates in a public forum.

I never said you're crazy for thinking it limits Gambit's abilities. It does, but that was never the point. It was regarding Gambit using a full deck at once in this situation. The odds are likely that he wouldn't in this scenario, even if he had it.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By acer51

@k4tzm4n said:

@acer51 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

I "limited" Gambit for the sake of keeping the match balanced. If I didn't want to deal with pet peeves, I simply wouldn't talk about comic book debates in a public forum.

I never said you're crazy for thinking it limits Gambit's abilities. It does, but that was never the point. It was regarding Gambit using a full deck at once in this situation. The odds are likely that he wouldn't in this scenario, even if he had it.

Oh alright, sorry about that i misread.

It's your thread limit whoever you want sorry if i seemed too question that.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Marc's armor should withstand Gambit's blows and area-of-effect damage, assuming he moves quickly enough to reach Gambit and subdue him, which is entirely possible.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By acer51

@Illuminatus said:

Marc's armor should withstand Gambit's blows and area-of-effect damage, assuming he moves quickly enough to reach Gambit and subdue him, which is entirely possible.

Yea i think Moonknights going to win this due to his Carbonium armor.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@acer51 said:

@Illuminatus said:

I'm apprehensive about stating emphatically that his armor would completely protect him. When Marc was shot at point blank rage with a fairly large automatic-weapon, it showed that he felt the effects of being shot, despite his carbonadium armor nearly protecting from all damage. It's just something to consider, seeing as Gambit's card have a habit of inadvertently creating a plethora of deadly shrapnel, and Marc's face and eyes especially are not protected by carbonadium.
acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By acer51

@Illuminatus said:

@acer51 said:

@Illuminatus said:

I'm apprehensive about stating emphatically that his armor would completely protect him. When Marc was shot at point blank rage with a fairly large automatic-weapon, it showed that he felt the effects of being shot, despite his carbonadium armor nearly protecting from all damage. It's just something to consider, seeing as Gambit's card have a habit of inadvertently creating a plethora of deadly shrapnel, and Marc's face and eyes especially are not protected by carbonadium.

Good point i think i'll change my oppinion on that, i think this fight will be very close.

The question is will Gambit see that he is at a disadvantage in close combat and use the enviorment to his advantage?

Cards should be usefull before he runs out but as previous posters said, he will be able to dodge alot of them.