Gambit Vs Mace Windu

Youngcircle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Youngcircle

Gambit from the comics Vs Windu from the movies. 
Morals off. 
Random encounter. 

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Fetts

Mace Windu. Respect to Gambit but I think Mace wins easily. 

Firstly, Gambits staff would be useless to a lightsaber. 

Secondly, Mace Windu can match Gambit's agility. 

Thirdly, in the end Mace has the ultimate weapon. The Force 

If you don't believe me watch this. 

Maybe this fight would be more equally matched if Mace wasn't allowed to use the Force and you gave Gambit a vibro staff.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By TheGoldenOne
Mace
Avatar image for deactivated-62aa3e6022c4b
deactivated-62aa3e6022c4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

How about Gambit as Death since morals are off

Youngcircle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Youngcircle
@mohawkmoose12 said:
How about Gambit as Death since morals are off
That would be spite...
SteveRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SteveRodgers

mace windu could just use the force to throw remmi's cards back into his face.
so mace

Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FortressoftheMoon

Gambit. Just kinetic charge the lightsaber and then you have episode III all over again except instead of been force lightning thrown out of a window. Gambit would just dropkick Mace out the window.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By buttersdaman000
@FortressoftheMoon said:

Gambit. Just kinetic charge the lightsaber and then you have episode III all over again except instead of been force lightning thrown out of a window. Gambit would just dropkick Mace out the window.

No. 
Mace destroys Gambit. This is spite.
Mace doesnt even have to get close. Tell me why he cant just fling Gambit thousands of feet into the air and be done with it?
FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterdaman000:  Spite my ass. Is seems you failed to forgot this is MOVIE windu vs COMIC gambit.

MOVIE Windu was not impressive at all. This guy drops his lightsaber fighting a Rhino.

Second of all, MOVIE Windu isnt that fast to stop COMIC Gambit's sleight of hand. Windu can use the force to hrow around Gambit but it seems that MOVIE Windu lacks something called Situation Awareness. If  he can't even sense a screaming overrated quack who is about to cut off his hand, how is he gonna sense a kinectic charged card right by his foot waiting to explode?

Third, MOVIE Windu is that not good to throw COMIC Gambit thousands of feet in the air.

Fourth, Gambit throw his cards too fast for MOVIE Windu to stop them with the force.  

Fifth, MOVIE Windu barely held own against Jango who is like just a regular guy. With Gambit's h2h, speed , dexterity, and athleticism MOVIE Windu would get stomped.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By buttersdaman000
@FortressoftheMoon
Congratulations you read the OP a lot more carefully than I. No need to get your panties in a bunch though.
I take back what I said about this being spite.
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By nefarious

Mace should win here.

FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I wasn't worked up but i wanted show how it wasn't spite.
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lordraiden
@FortressoftheMoon said:

@buttersdaman000: I wasn't worked up but i wanted show how it wasn't spite.
Gotta admit, most of the movie version of the SW characters aren't a  s powerfull as people think they are, it's in the books where they really shine. In the end, it is a movie character vs a comic character, not saying comic character auto wins, but in cases like this, people will automatically think Mace Windu, the bad ass from clone wars, the comics, novels, but no, it's just Mace from the Movies, and his feats, though not bad, don't stack up any where as close as those to his comic/books counterpart.
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By Kallarkz
@Ren said:
Yea. Force powers make it a stomp. But could Gambits charged staff...... block a lightsaber ?
Hard to answer. But seeing how it has the ability to take down a house I would imagine so. 
And for the "he can match his agility"...windu did not show super human agility in the movie.
Why is this a spite thread?
theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By theicon

gambit dies

Belphegor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Belphegor

Gambit throws a card in Windu's mouth and makes it explode * KABOOM!*. Gambit FTW!!

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By katanalauncher

Windu wins because Gambit looks like a bitch.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By cascadeking09
@Belphegor said:
Gambit throws a card in Windu's mouth and makes it explode * KABOOM!*. Gambit FTW!!
Mace could jut repel it with the force.
@Fetts: I loved that one.
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kallarkz
@cascadeking09 said:
@Belphegor said:
Jedi telekinesis is shaky at best. 
I've never seen a Jedi use it for more than a couple of seconds at best...then after that he doesn't use it for some odd reasons in situations that could help him. 
Belphegor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Belphegor
@cascadeking09: I think the force makes this unfair. =(
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cascadeking09
@Kallarkz said:
@cascadeking09 said:
@Belphegor said:
Jedi telekinesis is shaky at best. I've never seen a Jedi use it for more than a couple of seconds at best...then after that he doesn't use it for some odd reasons in situations that could help him. 
They never have to. Yoda and Dooku were flinging all sorts of stuff at each other. They mostly only use it to retrieve their light saver or jump in high places and can also be used sort of like a 6th sense.
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Kallarkz
@cascadeking09 said:
@Kallarkz said:
@cascadeking09 said:
@Belphegor said:
Jedi telekinesis is shaky at best. I've never seen a Jedi use it for more than a couple of seconds at best...then after that he doesn't use it for some odd reasons in situations that could help him. 
They never have to. Yoda and Dooku were flinging all sorts of stuff at each other. They mostly only use it to retrieve their light saver or jump in high places and can also be used sort of like a 6th sense.
Then that would be evidence used in a Yoda and Dooku fight though sir. Though i do appreciate the mentioning it does not apply here. Since Windu himself was not seen doing this. 
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cascadeking09
@Kallarkz: Yoda's old and frail. Next to him Mace is the most skilled jedi, why wouldn't he be able to do it? Why wouldn't anyone be able to do it, it didn't seem to be super high level force they were just fighting eachother without using light sabers.
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Kallarkz
@cascadeking09 said:
@Kallarkz: Yoda's old and frail. Next to him Mace is the most skilled jedi, why wouldn't he be able to do it? Why wouldn't anyone be able to do it, it didn't seem to be super high level force they were just fighting eachother without using light sabers.
Not all Jedis have the same level of power. 
Age is but a small factor in how much a Jedi is able to do. And Yoda is said to be the most skilled at a light saber. And none have shown the feats of telekinesis that Yoda showed.
And battle forum rules have us use clear examples of what a character can do...assumptions that he can do something because another can don't really factor.
ShiZZmAhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ShiZZmAhh
@FortressoftheMoon said:

@butterdaman000:  Spite my ass. Is seems you failed to forgot this is MOVIE windu vs COMIC gambit.

MOVIE Windu was not impressive at all. This guy drops his lightsaber fighting a Rhino.

Second of all, MOVIE Windu isnt that fast to stop COMIC Gambit's sleight of hand. Windu can use the force to hrow around Gambit but it seems that MOVIE Windu lacks something called Situation Awareness. If  he can't even sense a screaming overrated quack who is about to cut off his hand, how is he gonna sense a kinectic charged card right by his foot waiting to explode?

Third, MOVIE Windu is that not good to throw COMIC Gambit thousands of feet in the air.

Fourth, Gambit throw his cards too fast for MOVIE Windu to stop them with the force.  

Fifth, MOVIE Windu barely held own against Jango who is like just a regular guy. With Gambit's h2h, speed , dexterity, and athleticism MOVIE Windu would get stomped.

in episode 2, movie windu was fast enough to deflect laser fire from multiple targets, avoid getting burned by a flame thrower at point blank distance, and jump off a 50ft ledge (while deflecting more laser fire on the way down).  he then proceeded to deflect almost point blank laser fire from jango and 1 shot him.  i don't see how that's considered barely holding his own.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cascadeking09
@Kallarkz said:
@cascadeking09 said:
Not all Jedis have the same level of power. Age is but a small factor in how much a Jedi is able to do. And Yoda is said to be the most skilled at a light saber. And none have shown the feats of telekinesis that Yoda showed.And battle forum rules have us use clear examples of what a character can do...assumptions that he can do something because another can don't really factor.
Because they hardly ever use it that way. That's pretty much the only moment we ever see Yoda do that, that time and at the end of episode 3. It's not just an assumption. It's not like only the most powerful jedi can't move cards out of the way. The only time the ever really use the force that way is to retrieve their light saber like I said before.

@ShiZZmAhh: Lol someone hasn't really payed attention to  the movie. The rhino thing caught Mace while his attention was on something else entirely.
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Kallarkz
@cascadeking09 said:
@Kallarkz said:
@cascadeking09 said:
Not all Jedis have the same level of power. Age is but a small factor in how much a Jedi is able to do. And Yoda is said to be the most skilled at a light saber. And none have shown the feats of telekinesis that Yoda showed.And battle forum rules have us use clear examples of what a character can do...assumptions that he can do something because another can don't really factor.
Because they hardly ever use it that way. That's pretty much the only moment we ever see Yoda do that, that time and at the end of episode 3. It's not just an assumption. It's not like only the most powerful jedi can't move cards out of the way. The only time the ever really use the force that way is to retrieve their light saber like I said before.

My point exactly =). Hence why i say their telekinesis is shaky at best. They could use it in a number of situations that would assist them in a fight but they only use it in bursts. 
And I could easily see Gambits staff breaking a Light Saber in two. Weve seen many be broken by things much less powerful than what Gambit can turn his staff into.
ShiZZmAhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ShiZZmAhh
@cascadeking09: yes, fortressofthemoon wasn't paying attention.  the fact that windu was dealing with all this other stuff during the battle, and jango still couldn't do anything to him says something. 

i also have to side with you on windu just force pushing the cards away. 

@Kallarkz:  i understand that windu wasn't shown using that ability during the film, but you also can't assume that he was incapable of doing it.  a case can be made because lower level jedis were using such abilities.
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Kallarkz
@ShiZZmAhh said:
@cascadeking09: yes, fortressofthemoon wasn't paying attention.  the fact that windu was dealing with all this other stuff during the battle, and jango still couldn't do anything to him says something. 

@Kallarkz:  i understand that windu wasn't shown using that ability during the film, but you also can't assume that he was incapable of doing it.  a case can be made because lower level jedis were using such abilities.
I'm not debating whether or not he could move cards away. I know he is able to do so.   
What i am saying is is that Jedis are not known for using telekinesis at every single opportune moment. 
Yoda can lift objects that weigh at least a ton. So when hes fighting why doesn't he just lift things into the air and drop them in the air. 
If Gambit were to throw a barrage of cards at Windu i can see him deflecting it but not every single time. 
ShiZZmAhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ShiZZmAhh
@Kallarkz: i see what your saying, i can agree with that.

IMO, i think the fight would go something like this.  they start at a distance.  gambit charges a barrage of cards and flings them at windu.  not knowing what the cards do, mace instinctively jumps out of the way.  mace lands and feels the shockwave from the explosion at his back.  mace continues to charge as gambit charges another set of cards, and flings them at windu.  knowing that the cards explode, windu force pushes the cards back at gambit.  shocked at what windu is doing, gambit is barely able to dodge the cards as they explode near him.  shaken, gambit staggers back up to his feet, but to his disbelief mace has already closed the distance.  gambit readies his staff, but its too late.  mace proceeds to "jango" him.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cascadeking09
@Kallarkz said:
@ShiZZmAhh said:

I'm not debating whether or not he could move cards away. I know he is able to do so.   What i am saying is is that Jedis are not known for using telekinesis at every single opportune moment. Yoda can lift objects that weigh at least a ton. So when hes fighting why doesn't he just lift things into the air and drop them in the air. If Gambit were to throw a barrage of cards at Windu i can see him deflecting it but not every single time. 
That's all I was saying he would do. I wasn't trying to argue that he would lift anything that weigh several thousand pounds and just drops it on his head or anything, just that he could deflect a barrage of exploding cards.
departed402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By departed402

The OP says "movie Windu." I feel that movie Windu wins after a tough fight. However, EU Windu is spite.
TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By TheCerealKillz
@Fetts:  

Movies Windu. Not EU. 

Gambit, he could probably just throw his entire deck and blow up everything. Or just charge the Saber with his eyes.
TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheCerealKillz
@ShiZZmAhh:  

How is Windu gonna do anything if his Saber's gone? 

Gambit's kinda gained that power to know just charge up stuff with his eyes now. He did it with a plate and other stuff. 

Also, Gambit is much more agile, he has dodged point blank machine gun fire, caught a bullet, delected lasers, is much better at hand to hand, and is more versatile.
The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_Assassin_

Windu should take this

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Fetts
@cascadeking09: So did I. Lil cheesy but the action was awesome.
Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Fetts
@TheCerealKillz: This fight is still one-sided. Gambit wins.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By cascadeking09
@Fetts said:
@cascadeking09: So did I. Lil cheesy but the action was awesome.
Yeah it's the animation that makes it seem cheesy.
Bucketz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Bucketz
@TheCerealKillz said:
@Fetts:   Movies Windu. Not EU.  Gambit, he could probably just throw his entire deck and blow up everything. Or just charge the Saber with his eyes.
Gambit doesn't have that ability anymore.