Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By [fade]

Can Gambit dodge bullets?

Cus if not he is dead.

Clint says that his arrows move faster than bullets so.......

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I do believe Gambit has not only dodged bullets, but also caught one, charged it up, and threw it back.  If anyon posts scans from their fight in Contest of Champions 2, PLEASE keep in mind those results are fan based and also the series is not canon.

Question...WHERE are they fighting?

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By geraldthesloth
k4tzm4n said:
"I do believe Gambit has not only dodged bullets, but also caught one, charged it up, and threw it back.  If anyon posts scans from their fight in Contest of Champions 2, PLEASE keep in mind those results are fan based and also the series is not canon.Question...WHERE are they fighting?"
an  open warehouse
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Power NeXus

Hmm. This fight is very close, but I think I'll give a slight edge to Hawkeye because 1) he has a wider range of attacks. He has sonic arrows, explosive arrows, gas arrows, ect. Gambit can just make things blow up. 2) Hawkeye is smarter. He was trained personally by Captain America in hand-to-hand combat, milirary strategies, and whatnot. He has even been the leader of the Avengers for brief periods.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Andferne

I don't know, I think Gambit can take Hawkeye. I think he is faster, and more agile. We have seen him dodge various projectiles and lasers etc all the time in comics and the danger room. So I don't think he will have a problem dodging Hawkeyes arrows.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Power NeXus
Andferne said:
"I don't know, I think Gambit can take Hawkeye. I think he is faster, and more agile. We have seen him dodge various projectiles and lasers etc all the time in comics and the danger room. So I don't think he will have a problem dodging Hawkeyes arrows."

Sure Gambit can dodge arrows, but will that keep him from taking damage? If Hawkeye shoots an explosive arrow at the floor by his feet, will he be able to dodge far enough to avoid the explosion? What about the gas clouds released by gas arrows?  Blinding light from a flare arrow? Or the bola released by a bola arrow?
Very few of Hawkeye's trick arrows have to hit the actual target to be effective.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By The_Ghostshell

None of Gambit's cards have to hit to be effective either. I don't know who wins though. Could go either way. Although I believe Gambit's exploding cards would cause more damage then Hawkeyes exploding arrows. But having said that Hawkeye might even be able to nail Gambit's cards before he even gets the chance to throw them, causing them to explode in his hand. Guess I'll go with Hawkeye in this one.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Andferne

I believe that this can be a close fight. I still side with Gambit taking the majority, but with them being in an OPEN warehouse, that cuts his maneuverability down. Things that he could potential use to make this an easier fight for him.

Gambit stays cocky and flashy with his card tricks etc then yeah he is going down. If he takes the fight serious then I can see him pulling off the win here.

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Dreadmaster

I'd put my money on Hawkeye, better trained i'm sure and probably a better marksman than Gambit and quicker to react

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Ghostshell
dreadmaster said:
"

I'd put my money on Hawkeye, better trained i'm sure and probably a better marksman than Gambit and quicker to react

"
I dont know about all that.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
Andferne said:
"I believe that this can be a close fight. I still side with Gambit taking the majority, but with them being in an OPEN warehouse, that cuts his maneuverability down. Things that he could potential use to make this an easier fight for him.Gambit stays cocky and flashy with his card tricks etc then yeah he is going down. If he takes the fight serious then I can see him pulling off the win here."

Well, since they both have prep I see no reason why Gambit wouldn't take the bout seriously.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Andferne

I think Gambit has the quicker reflexes, with his Guild training he would have quick hands. Plus his mutant power lets him augment his agility/speed etc. Unless I am mistaken. Which means he could potentially reach beyond peak human on those areas while Hawkeye can't.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Andferne
k4tzm4n said:
"Well, since they both have prep I see no reason why Gambit wouldn't take the bout seriously."
But what is he going to do with prep in an open warehouse. Bring more cards, call the X-men for back up. To me most of Gambit's plans would be escape routes and not ways to take someone down.

If it was an actual factory or something, then he could lay out traps and plan them ahead of time and stuff. But he is in an open room with one of the worlds greatest Archers. Plan A: close distance and make him fight without his expertise. Plan A goes south, use Plan B: Get out of dodge.
Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dreadmaster
Andferne said:
"I think Gambit has the quicker reflexes, with his Guild training he would have quick hands. Plus his mutant power lets him augment his agility/speed etc. Unless I am mistaken. Which means he could potentially reach beyond peak human on those areas while Hawkeye can't."
Really? i didn't know he can do that, are you sure he can do that?
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Andferne
dreadmaster said:
"Really? i didn't know he can do that, are you sure he can do that?"
Gambler will know better than I. But yes I believe it has been stated or said in previous battle thread before.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
Andferne said:
"k4tzm4n said:
"Well, since they both have prep I see no reason why Gambit wouldn't take the bout seriously."
But what is he going to do with prep in an open warehouse. Bring more cards, call the X-men for back up. To me most of Gambit's plans would be escape routes and not ways to take someone down.If it was an actual factory or something, then he could lay out traps and plan them ahead of time and stuff. But he is in an open room with one of the worlds greatest Archers. Plan A: close distance and make him fight without his expertise. Plan A goes south, use Plan B: Get out of dodge."
I didn't say anything about him using the prep for a plan of attack..I only said because of the prep, he won't take the fight lightly.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Gambit has near superhuman agility/reflexes/reaction speed. He uses his ability to manipulate kinetic energy to boast his physical abilities. Depending on the source he has superhuman reflexes and agility. Either way he's a bullet dodger who's been shown to dodge Spiderman, Daredevil, Blade, Sabretooth, and several other characters with superhuman abilities.

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dreadmaster
Gambler said:
"Gambit has near superhuman agility/reflexes/reaction speed. He uses his ability to manipulate kinetic energy to boast his physical abilities. Depending on the source he has superhuman reflexes and agility. Either way he's a bullet dodger who's been shown to dodge Spiderman, Daredevil, Blade, Sabretooth, and several other characters with superhuman abilities."

Oh, thanks anyway, i'm probably gonna back up Gambit now
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Andferne
k4tzm4n said:
"I didn't say anything about him using the prep for a plan of attack..I only said because of the prep, he won't take the fight lightly."
In character wise there are lots of reasons why he might not take things as serious as he could.
But for the purpose of the Battle yes most likely he would.
I personally like thinking of the characters In character for their fights.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

You should always apply the characters morals and personality...Because after all, thats why they are...But with the prep, I'm more than sure Gambit will at least find out who he is facing...And after seeing the character has been a long time member of the Avengers...I see no reason why he wouldnt want to take him down asap.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

With Clint's standard gear he wins.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#23  Edited By Strafe Prower

Clint.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Power NeXus

Does 'standard gear' for Hawkeye mean he can't use his prep time to try to whip up some special arrows for Gambit. His bio says he sometimes uses vibranium arrows that act as dampeners for kinetic energy. Gambit's whole power is based on kinetic energy. If the rules allow, would Hawkeye be able to modify the arrows in some way that could maybe reduce the effectiveness of Gambit's 'charging'?
Just spitballing here...

SonofLiberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SonofLiberty
Power NeXus said:
"Does 'standard gear' for Hawkeye mean he can't use his prep time to try to whip up some special arrows for Gambit. His bio says he sometimes uses vibranium arrows that act as dampeners for kinetic energy. Gambit's whole power is based on kinetic energy. If the rules allow, would Hawkeye be able to modify the arrows in some way that could maybe reduce the effectiveness of Gambit's 'charging'?Just spitballing here..."

I'm gonna say no....the Vibranium simply absorbs kinetic energy....I don't know perhaps he couldn't charge the arrows but it wouldn't do anything to his ability to charge other objects.
SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By SUNMAN

toss up

loganreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By loganreme

No Caption Provided
Gambit would win......... I'm partial to his cajun charms :)
Showstopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Showstopper
loganreme said:
"
No Caption Provided
Gambit would win......... I'm partial to his cajun charms :)"
Don't know what that scan is supposed to prove, but yes, Gambit would win.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By dane

Clint.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By pixelized

how?

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dane

Shoots him in the forehead with an arrow? thats pretty well what I'd do.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By pixelized

gambit is standing there bound and blindfolded i take it?

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By dane

Oh I forgot *puts on voice* commence arrow dodging hurrrr! *does a barrel roll*

But yeah I think Clint has the goods on his trick arrows to hit even someone as agile as Gambit. I mean if the fight starts from 2 feet away maybe different but yeah.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Gambit actually beat Hawkeye before. Just throwing that out there.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dane

Yeah, he definitely could but I think with an hour of prep. time Hawkeye could win it.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_Ghostshell

The hour prep would benefit Gambit just as much. He's a former leader of a couple teams, this means he's no stranger to formulating strategy. He was raised to be a master thief which means he understands tactics. Not saying he's Captain America or Batman with prep but he's easily as tactical as Hawkeye in my opinion.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By dane

Yeah but I think the prep works in Hawkeye's favour because he could prepare trick arrows and set up a position that gives him a ranged advantage. Arrows go further than playing cards generally.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Gambit's just as if not more illusive/stealthy as Hawkeye. Maybe he's the one who takes up a vantage point and waits for Hawkeye. He could also set up time delayed cards if we're setting up the battle field with the prep time.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dane

What kind of battlefield are we talking here? a flat field or a cityscape? I think a flat field would favor Hawkeye whereas a cityscape would definitely suit Gambit's abilities better.

OP drop a situation plz.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Static Shock  Online

Backing Gambit here.

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Precise

I can see it going either way. In terms of strategy/ tactics both are pretty equal, both use projectiles (cards/arrows), both can hold their own in hand to hand combat (although i'd give the edge to Gambit). And both are good marksmen. I'd probably give the win to Hawkeye because of his trick arrows, it gives him a wider scope of attacks to choose from.

loganreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By loganreme
Showstopper said:
"loganreme said:
"
No Caption Provided
Don't know what that scan is supposed to prove, but yes, Gambit would win."
nothing.......just like the photo :)
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Power NeXus
Dane said:
"What kind of battlefield are we talking here? a flat field or a cityscape? I think a flat field would favor Hawkeye whereas a cityscape would definitely suit Gambit's abilities better. OP drop a situation plz."

Dane said:
"Shoots him in the forehead with an arrow? thats pretty well what I'd do."

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Power NeXus
Gambler said:
"Gambit actually beat Hawkeye before. Just throwing that out there."

When did this happen? I've mostly been backing Hawkeye in this thread, but hearing about this fight has caused me to wonder if I should change my mind.
Do you have any scans? Or can you at least describe how it went down?
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By dane

Uh yeah you didn't say where the fight was occuring in your original post, just that they had prep time. I like your animated gif image, it's cute. Next time maybe use it in an applicable situation for full effect?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
Power NeXus said:
"Gambler said:
"Gambit actually beat Hawkeye before. Just throwing that out there."
When did this happen? I've mostly been backing Hawkeye in this thread, but hearing about this fight has caused me to wonder if I should change my mind.Do you have any scans? Or can you at least describe how it went down?"
Contest of Champions II...It's NOT canon...Results were FAN BASED.

Anyway, in this match up it honestly is a toss up because of the fact they're fighting in an open warehouse.  The hour of prep means Hawkeye would see about Gambit's enhance agility and his explosive power...So in all honesty, his best bet is to use a flash arrow first to stun/blind Gambit and then end the match with a few arrows in the chest/legs....Because otherwise, Gambit is more than capable of dodging the first few arrows, and in that amount of time, he'll has a few  charged cards heading right for Clint's region...Those will be extremely tough to dodge because odds are like I said, Gambit has a few coming his way and with a lack of cover, there's little he can do...Sure, Clint could use explosive arrows right away, but odds are Gambit would be able to dodge those (for a limited amount of time of course, but just enough time to send a few explosives back at him)
For Gambit, the prep would see Clint's experience and despite the fact he's just a human, he absolutely cannot be underestimated and Gambit has to bring his A-Game...So, I would assume his plan would be to simply use his agility to dodge the first few arrows and take out Clint ASAP with his explosive advantage.  It really depends on whether or not Clint uses his variety of arrows to his advantage RIGHT AWAY, or else it could be too late...Because of this, I would give Gambit the VERY small edge.  Perhaps an environment with a lot of cover would make for a more interesting bout between the two (don't get me wrong, good match up!)
Usual Suspect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Usual Suspect

I think this could go either way..

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Dreadmaster

If Gambit's blast don't hit Hawkeye, then shrapnel will

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By pixelized
loganreme said:
"Showstopper said:
"loganreme said:
"
No Caption Provided
Don't know what that scan is supposed to prove, but yes, Gambit would win."
nothing.......just like the photo :)"
Larroca ftw!
PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By PrinceIMC

I think Hawkeye would win. He's got more tricks up his sleeve than Gambit (if you can believe that) and he's proven as Ronin lately that he's no slouch in the hand to hand up close even with people with explosive powers.

But now that these two have been stuck together in my head I wanna see them on some kind of team together....somehow. C'mon how great would that be?